Jump to content


World of Critical Hits


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

kd5 #1 Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6692 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011

Why does it feel like damaged modules (excluding tracks) / crew killed are being used to guide game win / loss rates ?

 

Was it allways this bad. Often critical hits happen one after another ?

 

Some of my games:-

50TP Prototyp - ammo hit 3 times in  one game. next game loader dead, driver dead ...

Rheinmetall Skorpion G - driver dead, gun damaged

Löwe - ammo hit, loader dead (nice reload time of about 36 seconds)



xx984 #2 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:05 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65018 battles
  • 3,552
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
don't get shot then 

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • 12,252
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
Hits actually doing damage to modules and crew.....what was WG thinking?:P

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:48 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34502 battles
  • 4,861
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Postxx984, on 05 October 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

don't get shot then 

 

The best advice you'll ever get OP. 



smokeytheband1t #5 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 171
  • Member since:
    12-05-2016
When a giant metal tank shell enters your tank.. things tend to catch fire & break also fleshy things tend to die when they come into contact with tank shells and shrapnel.

kd5 #6 Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6692 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011

View Postsmokeytheband1t, on 05 October 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

When a giant metal tank shell enters your tank.. things tend to catch fire & break also fleshy things tend to die when they come into contact with tank shells and shrapnel.


randly fire is not something that happens as much



Balc0ra #7 Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postkd5, on 05 October 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

Rheinmetall Skorpion G - driver dead, gun damaged

 

Some are more open to module damage than others. Skorpion G's turret is more or less a module vs just armor. Even more so if they fire HE at it. Half the people complaining about bouncing on it... hits the gun more so than anything else.

 

And ofc... you are not hit by the same guns all the time either. As not everyone has the same module alpha. Some can even knock them out on one hit, vs using ROF to reset the self-repair. 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 05 October 2019 - 05:12 PM.


kd5 #8 Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6692 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011

Hmm it would be nice if WG could explain how module / crew damage are calculated.

 

Much like their spotting and camo yt vids :/



UrQuan #9 Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21638 battles
  • 7,338
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

What helps is learning where certain modules/crew are located on tanks & how compact (or spread out) they are. Some tanks got critical modules on really icky places (british and their front plate ammoboxes / French & their tanks made out of ammo / germans and their frontal engines / russians and their side fuel tanks / etc ). Other tanks (mainly russian meds & german Td's it seems) got modules / crew so compacted together that a pen tends to go with a module/crew being hit & damaged/killed.

And of course there's the other side, tanks with spread out (internal) modules or modules on well armored or deep places making it rather unlikely to hit them/damage them. Mainly common on the big tanks (albeit they do tend to come with some very big modules at times)



Stevies_Team #10 Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14798 battles
  • 1,618
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

View Postkd5, on 05 October 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Hmm it would be nice if WG could explain how module / crew damage are calculated.

Easy

If you're doing well and your not meant to win that game you get ammoracked and your turret jams at a critical moment

 

Glad I could help



Dava_117 #11 Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:47 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postkd5, on 05 October 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

Rheinmetall Skorpion G - driver dead, gun damaged

 

Pro tip.

On open top tanks, hitting the gun breach is a 100% chance critical hit to the gun instead of the standard 33%.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34502 battles
  • 4,861
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Postkd5, on 05 October 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Hmm it would be nice if WG could explain how module / crew damage are calculated.

 

Much like their spotting and camo yt vids :/

 

Tada!! https://wiki.wargami...and_Crew_Damage



Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33576 battles
  • 10,751
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postkd5, on 05 October 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Why does it feel like damaged modules (excluding tracks) / crew killed are being used to guide game win / loss rates ?

 

Was it allways this bad. Often critical hits happen one after another ?

 

Some of my games:-

50TP Prototyp - ammo hit 3 times in  one game. next game loader dead, driver dead ...

Rheinmetall Skorpion G - driver dead, gun damaged

Löwe - ammo hit, loader dead (nice reload time of about 36 seconds)

 

Look on the bright side.  Those critical hits might have been real damage.

Why aren't you using large repair kits and med kits to ameliorate and fix damage?

If you are really bothered then there is equipment and crew skills that can help.



LCpl_Jones #14 Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13381 battles
  • 1,355
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 October 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

 

Look on the bright side.  Those critical hits might have been real damage

 

but every hit is damage and a critical just to [edited]it up even more

 

i could use 2 repair kits and med kits and still have broken modules and dead crew :sceptic:



BravelyRanAway #15 Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • 12,252
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 05 October 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

Could you please stop interfering with facts. :P



Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33576 battles
  • 10,751
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 05 October 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

 

but every hit is damage and a critical just to [edited]it up even more

 

i could use 2 repair kits and med kits and still have broken modules and dead crew :sceptic:

 

Lots of criticals do no points damage.  Tracks get hit all the time



LCpl_Jones #17 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13381 battles
  • 1,355
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 October 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

 

Lots of criticals do no points damage.  Tracks get hit all the time

 

oh if i get hit in the track the shell turns inwards and kills the radioman too, and as it exits the tank it takes half the ammo with it too :P



Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33576 battles
  • 10,751
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 05 October 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

 

oh if i get hit in the track the shell turns inwards and kills the radioman too, and as it exits the tank it takes half the ammo with it too :P

 

I expect you have the Curse of Death on you

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users