Tank Rewards

tank rewards changes german

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PointZero #1 Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46848 battles

Since Wargaming called their first introduction of Tank Rewards to EU a Beta version I think it's time to have a look on what changed between the "Summer Smash" in July and the current "German Reunification" event which supposedly is the 1st official Tank Rewards event running on the EU server.

Edit: With another short Tank Rewards episode upon us in November, I'm changing the nature of this text from a comparison between the two to more of general comparison between different editions of Tank Rewards.

Bringing Tank Rewards to Europe

Starting 8 July, you will be able to enjoy Tank Rewards for the very first time. Although there will not be any difference between our event and its American counterpart this July, please consider this first European edition as a beta test. Nothing is finalized or set in stone yet, but don't worry, you can still use the month to pack free goodies. Summer Smash will run from 8 July at 07:10 CEST to 1 August at 07:00 CEST (UTC+2)

Event duration

As stated above the Summer Smash ran from 8 July at 07:10 CEST to 1 August at 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) for 24 days.

German Reunification ran from 1 October at 07:00 CEST through 21 October at 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) for 20 days.

Military Appreciation will run from 1 November at 06:00 to 26 November at 06:00 CET (UTC+1) for 25 days.

Mission types & points

Summer smash

• Play a battle - 10 points
  • Play a battle & place top 3 on base xp, Tier IV-VI - 20 points
  • Play a battle & place top 3 on base xp, Tier VII-VIII - 20 points
  • Play a battle & place top 3 on base xp, Tier IX-X - 20 points

German Reunification

• Play a battle, Tier II-X German Tanks - 100 points
  • Win a battle & place top 10 on base xp, Tier II-IV German Tanks - 10 points
  • Win a battle & place top 10 on base xp, Tier II-IV German Premium Tanks - 20 points
  • Win a battle & place top 5 on base xp, Tier V-VIII German Tanks - 20 points
  • Win a battle & place top 5 on base xp, Tier V-VIII German Premium Tanks - 40 points
  • Play a battle & place top 3 on base xp, Tier IX-X German Tanks - 40 points
  • Play a battle & place top 3 on base xp, Tier IX-X German Special Tanks - 100 points

Military Appreciation

• Play a battle, Tier II-X - 100 points
  • Win a battle & place top 10 on base xp, Tier II-V - 10 points
  • Win a battle & place top 5 on base xp, Tier VI-VIII - 20 points
  • Win a battle &* place top 3 on base xp, Tier IX-X - 50 points

*mission conditions changed after a couple of days

On mission types the main change seems to have been the addition of a "win" condition which is likely to increase the battle count needed to complete the mission slightly. The Event focusing on German vehicles suits the nature of the event but can prove problematic for players that don't have a variety of tanks from that one specific nation in their garage.

However the biggest change to the nature of this event comes from the added progression from owning certain premium & reward vehicles which can triple the amount of points a player can earn in comparison to someone who just has the regular techtree tanks.

With Military Appreciation the event returns to resemble more what it was when it first ran in July while completely excluding premium vehicles from being able to be used to complete the missions.

Rewards & effort

I'll focus more on the main rewards here instead of the dozens of repair kits, extinquishers etc. the event gives you.

Summer Smash offered the player a choise between 3 tier V American vehicles - T14, M4 improved & Ram II with no gold or silver refund for players already owning the vehicles.

• Max 70 points / day
  • Tier I - 225 points, earliest completion 4 days
  • Tier II - 560 points, earliest completion 8 days
  • Tier III - 710 points, earliest completion 11 days
  • Tier IV - 975 points, earliest completion 14 days

German Reunification offered the choise between 2 tier III German vehicles - Pz.Kpfw. T15 & Pz.Kpfw. S35 739(f) or 3 days of Premium Time for players who already own the vehicles.

• Max 170 / 330 points / day depending on which tanks the player owns
  • Tier I - 500 points, earliest completion 3 / 2 days
  • Tier II - 1000 points, earliest completion 6 / 4 days
  • Tier III - 1700 points, earliest completion 10 / 6 days
  • Tier IV - 2200 points, earliest completion 13 / 7 days

Military Appreciation offers the player a choise between 3 tier V American vehicles - T14, M4 improved & Ram II with no gold or silver refund for players already owning the vehicles.

The main difference is the additional reward tier (IV) that offers a choise between 5 garage slots / 3 garage slots & 3 premium days / 7 premium days.

• Max 180 points / day
  • Tier I - 550 points, earliest completion 4 days
  • Tier II - 1100 points, earliest completion 7 days
  • Tier III - 1400 points, earliest completion 8 days
  • Tier IV - 1800 points, earliest completion 10 days
  • Tier V - 2200 points, earliest completion 13 days

Overall the German Reunification seems to have gotten 4 days shorter while shortening the grind for regular players by just 1 day. In line with what seems to be their new policy on event progression players with premium tanks are able to complete the event in about half the time needed. The good news here is that even a player owning just 1 tier II-IV from the German techtree is able to complete the event in 20 days if they are able to put in the effort every single day.

The reward vehicles were lower tier and somewhat less attractive than what we had in July but the Premium days are a welcome addition to people already owning the tanks even though I doubt most of them have plenty of premium days on their account already to consider it a compensation worth their time & effort.

Military Appreciation remains possible to complete by players who own just 1 tier II as long as they are able to play on 22 of the 25 days. The reward vehicles are exactly the same as in July but the addition of another reward tier means that you will be able to earn more premium time with less effort if you happen to already own all 3 tanks.

Edited by PointZero, 06 November 2019 - 08:34 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPointZero, on 06 October 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

On mission types the main change seems to have been the addition of a "win" condition which is likely to increase the battle count needed to complete the mission slightly. The Event focusing on German vehicles suits the nature of the event but can prove problematic for players that don't have a variety of tanks from that one specific nation in their garage.

Tbh adding a win is fine. As we have seen in past events, it just rewards bad play if they don't. Worst example is the Intel event that had teams full of yolo Pz 1c. T-34-85M event was not far behind either.

As for variety. At least it won't take long for some to get a Hetzer or a Pz 1c as it seems many have done when I take the Gr.Tr out for his mission. But if you can only do 2-3 groups, at least they have a mission for all tanks that gives a 100 each day. So those that lack major variation will at least get something out of it. And can still make it with that alone by playing daily. Even the MKA works for one of the premium missions to speed it up for some.

View PostPointZero, on 06 October 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

The nature of the event seems to have shifted from "Earn rewards by playing the game" to "Play specific tanks to earn rewards".

I doubt it's the last time they will do nation focused events, even for tank rewards. But I doubt it will be how tank reward missions will work from now on only. As this like the Czech event was to celebrate vital monent in their history. And such events will appear now and then still I suspect.

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 October 2019 - 12:13 PM.

Lycopersicon #3 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:20 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10926 battles
While I wasn't around in July, it seems to me that the most significant change is that now we get most of the points by simply playing a battle. The top 3 condition, win or not, remains practically out of reach for anyone except very good players or those who play about a hundred games every day, but as things are, I should be able to coast through the current mission by simply playing 1-3 games every day.

PointZero #4 Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46848 battles
edit 3.11.2019: added Military Appreciation to the comparison

Miepie #5 Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4753 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPointZero, on 03 November 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

edit 3.11.2019: added Military Appreciation to the comparison

Extra difference: this time the missions can only be done in tech tree tanks.

Also tagged with tank rewards, changes, german

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users