Jump to content


Sick and tired

Arty Gold matchmaker

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Kalonianhydra #1 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29526 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

Are you, just as I am, tired of getting in to games with 3 artys in them. Specially at tier 10.
If you drive your heavy tank at a max speed at 20 kph you have no chance as soon as you get spotted. And what should you do? Camp at spawn? And then get killed becasue you can't support your team that just falls in front of you?

This have to change.
They have been talking about changing arty for many years, but it's still crapand it totalt destroys games.

 

And then there is the matchmaker. There is nothing wrong with the tier spread or anything like that. But when you get a lot of 15-0, 15-1, 15-2 and 15-3 games (win or loose), you have to assume that there is something wrong. The matchmaker is still putting to many muppets on the same team and give the other team more decent players. That needs to change.

 

The power creeps with new tanks (except the new Brittish). WG needs to slow the whole game down. Start nerfing tanks, left, right and center, just to get the game back to a playable level.

 

And don't get me started on the gold spamming at high tiers. But that will be for another day.

But all in all it's a good game, but it still have some adjustments needed.



Tankistu #2 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30182 battles
  • 600
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View PostKalonianhydra, on 06 October 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

WG needs to slow the whole game down.

 

Most youngsters have low attention spans, like speed, and are hooked on first person shooters. I doubt WG will slow the game down. Just pray they don't speed it up even more. :)



Kalonianhydra #3 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29526 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostTankistu, on 06 October 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

 

Most youngsters have low attention spans, like speed, and are hooked on first person shooters. I doubt WG will slow the game down. Just pray they don't speed it up even more. :)

And we know that wont happen.



staurinsh #4 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:37 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34702 battles
  • 309
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012
After ammo balance it will be much faster, trust me. WG is not interested in 15min battles, that means less battles, less grinding, possibly less income.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72817 battles
  • 20,698
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

One arty change is already added recently. As in MM makes less 3 arty games. Mid tier still has a fair few. But on tier 8+ I've seen more 2, and a bit more arty free games then before.

 

Power creep, nerfs and buffs won't be much in focus according to WG until they have done their gold balance changes.

 

As for 15-0 games? WG can do some fixes to reduce it. Like class balance etc. As in super heavies vs superheavies, and not just set up a VK 100.01 and an O-ho up vs a 50 100. As that 50 100 won't go brawling the VK, that's the T29's job now that will get rolled over instantly. Or if you get Mines and you have slow lights and meds, and they have fast meds and wheeled lights and get to hill way before you do. It just starts a snowball effect on that alone. 



reklakazala #6 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22716 battles
  • 367
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B
  • Member since:
    04-15-2015

View Poststaurinsh, on 06 October 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

After ammo balance it will be much faster, trust me. WG is not interested in 15min battles, that means less battles, less grinding, possibly less income.

HEAR HEAR



Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:55 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9062 battles
  • 6,250
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
29233?

Kalonianhydra #8 Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29526 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 October 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

One arty change is already added recently. As in MM makes less 3 arty games. Mid tier still has a fair few. But on tier 8+ I've seen more 2, and a bit more arty free games then before.

 

Power creep, nerfs and buffs won't be much in focus according to WG until they have done their gold balance changes.

 

As for 15-0 games? WG can do some fixes to reduce it. Like class balance etc. As in super heavies vs superheavies, and not just set up a VK 100.01 and an O-ho up vs a 50 100. As that 50 100 won't go brawling the VK, that's the T29's job now that will get rolled over instantly. Or if you get Mines and you have slow lights and meds, and they have fast meds and wheeled lights and get to hill way before you do. It just starts a snowball effect on that alone. 

That is not true, I have played a lot of thier 10 today, and 75% of them had 3 tier 10 artys in them



iuytr #9 Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12139 battles
  • 710
  • Member since:
    06-04-2015
Matches with no arty or just the one are very boring

Kalonianhydra #10 Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29526 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View Postiuytr, on 06 October 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

Matches with no arty or just the one are very boring

Not true



iuytr #11 Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12139 battles
  • 710
  • Member since:
    06-04-2015

View PostKalonianhydra, on 06 October 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

Not true

I suppose it depends on the tank you're playing. 



Kalonianhydra #12 Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29526 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View Postiuytr, on 06 October 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

I suppose it depends on the tank you're playing. 

No it doesn't
3 artys are 2 to many. Thats' a fact

 



JCD3nton #13 Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27752 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013
There shouldn't be more than one arty per game. Actually even one arty is too much. Especially late game. This game will always be unfair and less fun as long as there is arty in it.

Edited by JCD3nton, 06 October 2019 - 01:47 PM.


unhappy_bunny #14 Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19808 battles
  • 3,526
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostKalonianhydra, on 06 October 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

No it doesn't
3 artys are 2 to many. Thats' a fact

 


Not a fact but an opinion. 



splash_time #15 Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12844 battles
  • 399
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

Arty is a thing that effects the game directly. Once i played with my Kranvagn, i was top tier, all the three artys focused on my tank... They took 1120 HP of my tank in first moments... And i got destroyed even while i was supporting from far, once i got spotted, i died.

Imagine if they manage to destroy the top tier like this in the early time of a battle? The rest on you. :)



Kalonianhydra #16 Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29526 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 06 October 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:


Not a fact but an opinion. 

No, it's a fact, No one in their saine mind would like anything else

 



Kalonianhydra #17 Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:38 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29526 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
Again, a tier 10 game, three tier 10 artys. And All that was fired at me was gold. Wow, this game is going down hill fast.

sgtYester #18 Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56725 battles
  • 1,751
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

2/3 arty per game are still way to much and suck all the fun put of the game. 

 

nerf arty reload time and damage and only 1 per battle.

 

to make sure arty wont have to wait to long in queu there will be a new mm;   10 arty vs 10 arty with 5 scouts on both sides. 

 

fixed



unhappy_bunny #19 Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:22 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19808 battles
  • 3,526
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostKalonianhydra, on 06 October 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

No, it's a fact, No one in their saine mind would like anything else

 


That still just an opinion. 



LordMuffin #20 Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,329
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postiuytr, on 06 October 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Matches with no arty or just the one are very boring

The more the merrier, let's introduce battles with 15 arties per team (or 0 arty per team).

 

You get your fun with many arty in your games, I get my fun without arty in my games. Win/win.







Also tagged with Arty, Gold, matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users