Arty Gold matchmaker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

chinchillah #21 Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29638 battles

View PostKalonianhydra, on 06 October 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Are you, just as I am, tired of getting in to games with 3 artys in them. Specially at tier 10.
If you drive your heavy tank at a max speed at 20 kph you have no chance as soon as you get spotted. And what should you do? Camp at spawn? And then get killed becasue you can't support your team that just falls in front of you?

This have to change.
They have been talking about changing arty for many years, but it's still crapand it totalt destroys games.

And then there is the matchmaker. There is nothing wrong with the tier spread or anything like that. But when you get a lot of 15-0, 15-1, 15-2 and 15-3 games (win or loose), you have to assume that there is something wrong. The matchmaker is still putting to many muppets on the same team and give the other team more decent players. That needs to change.

The power creeps with new tanks (except the new Brittish). WG needs to slow the whole game down. Start nerfing tanks, left, right and center, just to get the game back to a playable level.

And don't get me started on the gold spamming at high tiers. But that will be for another day.

But all in all it's a good game, but it still have some adjustments needed.

If there's no 3 artys you will get a match with 3 wheel shits or 7 tank destroyers.. 

Bring back the old map design with a lot more trees and bushes.. This corridor crapis just painful to play as a heavy tank. Get spotted within 20sec after start - >good luck against 3x arty and medium hull down [edited]with 330heat pen and alpha equal to your heavy tank. But of course more accurate while on the move :) 

Gruff_ #22 Posted 06 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24380 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Cause I'm sick n tired of the talkin
Sick n tired of repeatin myself
I'm just cheatin myself
Sick n tired of the way that you place
Should you say who'd she shoot the trace
So I'd be on my way
You can kiss a kitty kitty um bye bye
Ni**a it's a pity but it's um bye bye
You can kiss a kitty kitty um bye bye
Nice try....

Hellraiser0201 #23 Posted 06 October 2019 - 06:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24484 battles

Arty is one of the many WG faults. The game has big potential to be so much better but its just very poorly dictated.

A lof ot ppl quit because of arty or other problems like for example matchmaker +2/-2. Annoying as it is 2 and 3 per team are too many and that is happening most of the time.

The gameplay (no fun) is suffering because of arty and WG is probably losing more than gaining by protecting arty fans. They are not that much, probably 10-20% of the players and some of them play solely only arty (saw a lof of players with 20-30K+ battles in arty) which is probably causing a lot of fun for their side but in the same time adding insane frustration for the players who get constantly focused. The problem is escalating even further more by the SPG players who are using XVM to focus on the best players based on their statistics, a toxic combination transforming the game into a torture for many decent players.

Kalonianhydra #24 Posted 06 October 2019 - 06:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30797 battles

View PostHellraiser0201, on 06 October 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Arty is one of the many WG faults. The game has big potential to be so much better but its just very poorly dictated.

A lof ot ppl quit because of arty or other problems like for example matchmaker +2/-2. Annoying as it is 2 and 3 per team are too many and that is happening most of the time.

The gameplay (no fun) is suffering because of arty and WG is probably losing more than gaining by protecting arty fans. They are not that much, probably 10-20% of the players and some of them play solely only arty (saw a lof of players with 20-30K+ battles in arty) which is probably causing a lot of fun for their side but in the same time adding insane frustration for the players who get constantly focused. The problem is escalating even further more by the SPG players who are using XVM to focus on the best players based on their statistics, a toxic combination transforming the game into a torture for many decent players.

And you just highlighted anotherproblem. XVM needs to be removed. Or at least the ability to see the ingame stats on people that are playing.

Bordhaw #25 Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15639 battles

View PostKalonianhydra, on 06 October 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

Again, a tier 10 game, three tier 10 artys. And All that was fired at me was gold. Wow, this game is going down hill fast.

Stevies_Team #26 Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17345 battles

Good arty carries games

Hellraiser0201 #27 Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24484 battles

View PostKalonianhydra, on 06 October 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

And you just highlighted anotherproblem. XVM needs to be removed. Or at least the ability to see the ingame stats on people that are playing.

The Anonymizer 
The anonymizer is a tool that conceals a player's real username in battle. This feature was announced at last year's WG Fest, and is important to our players. The main task of the anonymizer is to maintain a certain privacy in game, and the tool we’re currently working on can solve this issue. 

We had several ideas of how the anonymizer should work in World of Tanks, but the most fitting concept for players is they should be anonymous only during battles.

How does it work? You select an option in the game settings and activate the anonymizer. The game generates a random username in each battle. It's not a random string of symbols, but a word that more or less makes sense, so other players won't even notice you have the anonymizer turned on. They only realize it after the battle when they want to see your battle statistics.

The anonymizer will let many players feel more comfortable in battle. There will be less “social pressure,” and you’ll be able to play your favorite game in peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They said its coming very soon, probably next months (hopefully). The sooner the better. Every player should be treated equally.

Having the best stats from your team makes you priority target for artillery and very often players make a suicide moves (also called "yolo" ) to take you down while sacrificing their full hp tank.

It just needs to stop as XVM also has other negative effects on the gameplay involving decision making.

Edited by Hellraiser0201, 06 October 2019 - 09:24 PM.

simon66 #28 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23855 battles
  • [OFIT] OFIT

Not sure what is worse 6 light tanks in a battle or arty.

and those dam cars........

ValkyrionX_TV #29 Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56071 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

if it can make you happy the WG has announced that it is working on this problem and on being able to reduce to a maximum of 4 total arty in a game in the random battles.

However, to date, after the radical "nerf" of the arty, I still cannot understand why artys continues to exist due to their small game relevance and also the fact that almost 80% of the players community hates them as the plague.

-before arty was inaccurate to death, they could shoot heat and ap, and when they hit you they sent you to the garage , in fact they didn't make sense to exist.

-now they reduce the ability of your crew , slow down ur tank and almost halve your visual range and are able to fire more frequently and with absolutely unjustified precision with respect to the dispersion parameters and have the possibility of doing splash dmg and stun you also through map objects .

And this would have been a nerf according to them?

The developers of the wg, what a bunch of boogers.

Keller #30 Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:29 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22352 battles

Arties I can deal with. They are annoying. Yet when I dodge them and get in position, Gold ammo pen my front, even when I am scraping. I am Lucky when I can fire one shot, most of the time, they take the damage from my teammates and me and finish me off before I (we) can reload. Don't get me started about autoloaders with gold ammo. What's the point to give slow moving and long reloading tanks thick armor that can be bypassed by fast reloading tanks with gold ammo. They don't even have to use their speed to flank, just make sure they can get an angle to fire from and pop back behind cover.

I liked my odds at release. You would know russian tanks would out perform your german heavy, but you had a chance. These days you can only hope there are enough teammates camping behind you to take out the goldspammers. The game changed into World of Medium Tanks. Mediums can do everything better, thanks to gold ammo and moveability. Except maybe one shotting stuff.

Robbie_T #31 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21613 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostKalonianhydra, on 06 October 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Are you, just as I am, tired of getting in to games with 3 artys in them. Specially at tier 10.
If you drive your heavy tank at a max speed at 20 kph you have no chance as soon as you get spotted. And what should you do? Camp at spawn? And then get killed becasue you can't support your team that just falls in front of you?

This have to change.
They have been talking about changing arty for many years, but it's still crapand it totalt destroys games.

And then there is the matchmaker. There is nothing wrong with the tier spread or anything like that. But when you get a lot of 15-0, 15-1, 15-2 and 15-3 games (win or loose), you have to assume that there is something wrong. The matchmaker is still putting to many muppets on the same team and give the other team more decent players. That needs to change.

The power creeps with new tanks (except the new Brittish). WG needs to slow the whole game down. Start nerfing tanks, left, right and center, just to get the game back to a playable level.

And don't get me started on the gold spamming at high tiers. But that will be for another day.

But all in all it's a good game, but it still have some adjustments needed.

They not gonna remove the artys (alythough i am for 1 arty a side)

But they keep them in so they have faster matches....probberly got something to do with server capacity.

And with the recent announcement of the bond shop you can expect every game 3 artys in every tier 10 game..

Maschinenkanone #32 Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47429 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV
The arty prob would be so easily solvable. For god sake let them only play against bots instead of torturing  othrr players. Or maybe allow only 10% of them to join the regular MM once in a while, so thst zero an 1 arty games are yhe standard.

RSA_TriHard_7 #33 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50033 battles
Inb4 moved to arty thread :coin:

chainreact0r #34 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35585 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

Add an artificial queue time of 30 mins for tier 8,9,10 arty players, and then bring back team damage only for arty.

Taking an HE to the face after wasting 30 mins ought to teach them a lesson.

flashmove_iron #35 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:26 AM

Private

• Veteran
  • 3549 battles
Please use the pinned thread regarding SPG.

Also tagged with Arty, Gold, matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users