Jump to content


The most important features in the game

crew skins bonds directives easter eggs tickets improved equipment blueprint fragments extra game modes events exp multipliers

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Non-essential features popularity poll (34 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which of the following features are not crucial for the game?

  1. cosmetic paints, camos, inscriptions, decals, emblems, effects, screw skins etc. (17 votes [23.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.29%

  2. all kinds of tickets, dog tags, tokens, etc. (17 votes [23.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.29%

  3. bonds, directives and improved equipment (11 votes [15.07%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.07%

  4. blueprint fragments, crew books and boosters (11 votes [15.07%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.07%

  5. temporary, extra game modes and events (10 votes [13.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.70%

  6. Other, what? (7 votes [9.59%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.59%

Vote Hide poll

_1111_ #1 Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3005 battles
  • 104
  • [WINNR] WINNR
  • Member since:
    09-06-2018
What would you like to see getting fixed instead of pushing more and more non-essential features?

Edited by _1111_, 06 October 2019 - 10:35 PM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #2 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34868 battles
  • 4,138
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

"Which is the following non-essential, but truly awesome features, are not crucial for the game?"

 

I'm sorry, I seriously can't understand what you mean with that... did you mean:

 

"Which OF the following non-essential, but truly awesome features, are not crucial for the game?"

 

Which doesn't make sense because it's asking "which non-essential features are not crucial"...which...doesn't make any sense because it's both answering and questioning itself and...confuses me greatly...

 

or:

 

"Which OF the following non-essential, but truly awesome features are not crucial for the game?"

 

That would make the most sense, for which I'd answer;

 

1 - Cosmetics are nice, but not crucial.

2 - Tickets, dog tags, tokens...useless, just bragging material nobody really cares about. Not crucial.

3 - Bonds, directives, improved equipment...a step in the right direction, but poorly implemented. You pay massive amounts of bonds for very little gain. I've always said the price should be halved, or the effect doubled (+15% instead of +12,5% gain on, for example, the Gun Rammer or Gun Laying Drive). Only the Vents are worth it with the pricing-gain ratio being 50%, while others are a measly 25% gain... Crucial.

4 - Blueprints, crew books, boosters...great stuff to make grinding tech trees and training crew skills much easier, unfortunately lets less experienced players rush to higher tiers and ruin the game for everyone else because they either camp or yolorush with zero damage dealt...a double-edged sword. Not too crucial due to possible drawbacks as mentioned...

5 - Game modes, events...the more the merrier, brings more people back into the game, keeps it alive and kickin'. Personally though, I prefer less but better events, rather than more but crappier. Quality over quantity, anytime, everytime. Crucial.



_1111_ #3 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3005 battles
  • 104
  • [WINNR] WINNR
  • Member since:
    09-06-2018

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 06 October 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

"Which OF the following non-essential, but truly awesome features are not crucial for the game?"


Thanks for the edits! I am illiterate in English.



JCD3nton #4 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28649 battles
  • 301
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013

Crew skins that nobody see are the most useless thing in my opinon. WG is doing everything to postpone fixing real problems of the game, which are arty, armor meta/gold ammo, MM and RNG.

I'm not even counting the promised default 6th sense and XVM block.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:50 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

I am sorry to say this but your thread title, poll and opening post are a mess. What are you trying to do here?

 

Something like this maybe? or are you trying to play around with WG time and resources?

 

"What are the most unimportant features popularity thingy?" What is this?


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 06 October 2019 - 10:50 PM.


ValkyrionX #6 Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:45 PM

    Major

  • Moderator
  • 54604 battles
  • 2,716
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostJCD3nton, on 06 October 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Crew skins that nobody see are the most useless thing in my opinon. WG is doing everything to postpone fixing real problems of the game, which are arty, armor meta/gold ammo, MM and RNG.

I'm not even counting the promised default 6th sense and XVM block.

 

rng has no problem and without it the game would be boring and predictable, the MM works great.
 



Balc0ra #7 Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostJCD3nton, on 06 October 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Crew skins that nobody see are the most useless thing in my opinon. WG is doing everything to postpone fixing real problems of the game, which are arty, armor meta/gold ammo, MM and RNG.

I'm not even counting the promised default 6th sense and XVM block.

 

That would make sense if the artist that made the crew icons and the coder that added it, is the same people in charge of MM & balance. 

 

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 October 2019 - 11:45 PM, said:

 

rng has no problem and without it the game would be boring and predictable, the MM works great.
 

 

Well, we all know oh well that worked for the "other game" when they had 0% RNG for a week. If you lacked pen, you ran. Evne 1mm. 

 

Tho that said. I don't mind +25%. But -25% is a bit too much tbh. 15% would be fine.


Edited by Balc0ra, 07 October 2019 - 12:33 AM.


LordMuffin #8 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 06 October 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

"Which is the following non-essential, but truly awesome features, are not crucial for the game?"

 

I'm sorry, I seriously can't understand what you mean with that... did you mean:

 

"Which OF the following non-essential, but truly awesome features, are not crucial for the game?"

 

Which doesn't make sense because it's asking "which non-essential features are not crucial"...which...doesn't make any sense because it's both answering and questioning itself and...confuses me greatly...

 

or:

 

"Which OF the following non-essential, but truly awesome features are not crucial for the game?"

 

That would make the most sense, for which I'd answer;

 

1 - Cosmetics are nice, but not crucial.

2 - Tickets, dog tags, tokens...useless, just bragging material nobody really cares about. Not crucial.

3 - Bonds, directives, improved equipment...a step in the right direction, but poorly implemented. You pay massive amounts of bonds for very little gain. I've always said the price should be halved, or the effect doubled (+15% instead of +12,5% gain on, for example, the Gun Rammer or Gun Laying Drive). Only the Vents are worth it with the pricing-gain ratio being 50%, while others are a measly 25% gain... Crucial.

4 - Blueprints, crew books, boosters...great stuff to make grinding tech trees and training crew skills much easier, unfortunately lets less experienced players rush to higher tiers and ruin the game for everyone else because they either camp or yolorush with zero damage dealt...a double-edged sword. Not too crucial due to possible drawbacks as mentioned...

5 - Game modes, events...the more the merrier, brings more people back into the game, keeps it alive and kickin'. Personally though, I prefer less but better events, rather than more but crappier. Quality over quantity, anytime, everytime. Crucial.

Imo the whole improved equipment and directives things should get removed. 



prskanje #9 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:47 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4152 battles
  • 64
  • [NCTRL] NCTRL
  • Member since:
    06-26-2019
Voted for bond equipment, but the crew skins are also non-essential.

PowJay #10 Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40500 battles
  • 5,620
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

Basically, I voted all of them. Not just because I could but because none of them are crucial. 

 

I use camo because it offers a concealment bonus, but if it was not in the game then nobody would benefit nor lose out. Decals are a waste of money, but the free ones are on a couple of my tanks just because I can.

 

The various event currencies confuse the hell out of me. I've got the dog tag design I want (Union Flag with a swooping (Welsh) dragon), so couldn't care less after that.

 

I've still got no idea of any single thing that I want to do with Bonds. I'm not sure if I've ever used Directives/improved equipment even though I have loads gifted.

 

Blueprints are OK, but as someone with most tanks from most lines to at least tier V, VI and often VII, their value is limited to me. Only a couple are presently offering a significant benefit. As regards noobs reaching higher tiers even more easily, they are probably a bad idea. I have no interest in Crew books.

 

Regarding boosters? Do you mean PRs, or have I missed another in-game feature? I use them they're free, useful and time limited for a session. 

 

Extra game modes can be fun/popular but I need to see "real game" benefits. The first Chaffee Racing event I trained a full crew in first skill/perks. I didn't play the Halloween event last year for more than a couple of games,  don't play FL, haven't played Steelhunt, didn't bother with the WWI anniversary mode and played only enough 7.0 battles to get the paw-print camp as I hated it.

 

Generally speaking, I do feel that WG could concentrate more on the core game values rather than gimmicks but so long as the core game remains as good as it is, I'm going to keep playing.

 

 



Cerberus91 #11 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4872 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    11-27-2012
Anything that lowers hideous grind through under-par tanks. Visuals and cosmetics are non-comparable to this. Different game mores are more annoying that useful or enjoyable.

etody77 #12 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76327 battles
  • 1,469
  • [JMA] JMA
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015
Other...Frontline

Karasu_Hidesuke #13 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 17143 battles
  • 4,678
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
I'm like.. confused. :amazed:

Frostilicus #14 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

    Colonel

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 23688 battles
  • 3,579
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

Are you under the impression that one team does all these jobs, and stopping them doing a perceived non-crucial job will hurry up something you view as crucial?

 

Just curious as to the reasoning behind this...



PowJay #15 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40500 battles
  • 5,620
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostFrostilicus, on 07 October 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Are you under the impression that one team does all these jobs, and stopping them doing a perceived non-crucial job will hurry up something you view as crucial?

 

Just curious as to the reasoning behind this...

This is a fair comment, but WG has a finite budget and employs these people to achieve certain things. Providing there are enough developers working on the CORE game aspects- which for me would be Random Battles, but also includes Clan activities as well- then I guess that this is fine.


 

If WG moved 70% of its core-game development staff (whether that is 7 or 70) to create a Halloween mode with no real-game benefit, then I might have a problem. If they ask the tea-maker, the caretaker and the boss's PA to develop a game mode, then other than the core developers not getting enough caffeine, we (the players) should not be affected.



Desyatnik_Pansy #16 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 18395 battles
  • 26,873
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostPowJay, on 07 October 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

If WG moved 70% of its core-game development staff (whether that is 7 or 70) to create a Halloween mode with no real-game benefit, then I might have a problem. If they ask the tea-maker, the caretaker and the boss's PA to develop a game mode, then other than the core developers not getting enough caffeine, we (the players) should not be affected.

 

To be honest I'm not sure they have to move that many people over anyway. A few people from a few departments is probably enough, though definitely with stuff like the WoT Festival they probably went a bit more than that. I'm admittedly only basing that off of Battlefield V Though, where we had a number of small gamemodes (Grind, Fortress) added that were designed by single devs for no particular reason. :P



shikaka9 #17 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 72145 battles
  • 1,306
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
Other. Shooting.

Bordhaw #18 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:41 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15293 battles
  • 5,220
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Post_1111_, on 06 October 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

What would you like to see getting fixed instead of pushing more and more non-essential features?

 

More and bigger maps!

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users