Quick questions - Quick answers

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52505 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

I have a couple of questions to ask you, hoping for your answers.

-If I'm not mistaken, I read a few weeks ago that the WG is working on an update to the Encore graphics engine.
Do any of you have more details on this ?

-Why does WoT in 2019 still use Direcxt 9.0c , why is DirectX 12 not implemented ?

When will we be able to choose via the game launcher which DirectX to use as it is possible to do in other games through the launcher ?

-Does anyone have news of Vulkan development for WoT to replace DirectX in the future ?

-Even if it has no real performance advantage , why does WoT not have the executable [.exe] file of the game even in 64bit version like the cousin WoWS ?

-The WG after so many years of service has never released a basic editor for the creation of maps of the community , why this thing has never been done ?

-Why after the so exponential increase in rented tanks for limited time in the players' accounts are they not available to be purchased for gold via the client ?

-When will a tool for streamers be implemented directly in the game settings to avoid using external programs ?

-Will it ever be possible to have a sound equalizer and a setting in the audio pannel to choose the bit depth of the sounds?

-For the quality of the graphic engine will it ever be possible to have settings that go over 100% of the 3D render as many other games allow to increase the quality with each resolution up to 200% ?

-Will it ever be possible, after so many years, to have a setting that allows you to remove the annoying noise of the minimap ping that has no usefulness?

-When will the ray-tracing function developed by WG and compatible with non-RTX graphics cards be implemented?

-Is the Wg working to try to contain the size of the game client? We are now reaching about 50GB of physical disk space occupied by the game.

-When will we have a special game mode for Tier X vehicles again like in the past with Rampage mode?

-Why does Wg no longer allow minor clans to participate in CWs on the global map by reviving the CWs tier 6? Everyone has the right to participate !

-Why the reward tier 8 vehicles of the old CWs dont receive a buff ? And why are they not being offered again as reward vehicles for the CWs?

-Regarding the FL mode, WG talked about alternative modes to that of attack / defense that we currently see in play.
When will we see an assault mode for this game mode? Are more maps in development for this game mode?

Edited by ValkyrionX, 07 October 2019 - 09:43 AM.

TheDrownedApe #2 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49553 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I tried, i really did, but alas i can't answer one single Q. Perhaps best sent to some ppl who do the developers Qs thingy every so often

Dava_117 #3 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostValkyrionX, on 07 October 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

-The WG after so many years of service has never released a basic editor for the creation of maps of the community , why this thing has never been done ?

This feature would be useless, to be fair. How would you play on a map made by you, considering WoT is a server side run game?

-When will a tool for streamers be implemented directly in the game settings to avoid using external programs ?

Are you sure this is a good idea? I remember having quite a good amount of issue when STO added the feature, overlapping my key binding with useless command windows...

-Is the Wg working to try to contain the size of the game client? We are now reaching about 50GB of physical disk space occupied by the game.

While WG should work on this, considering the amount of unused stuff in the game file, 50GB is quite avarage for latest game. I remember Ark being over 100GB when I stop playing it, but I have to admit that was a really badly optimized game...

Edited by Dava_117, 07 October 2019 - 09:47 AM.

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52505 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 07 October 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

I tried, i really did, but alas i can't answer one single Q. Perhaps best sent to some ppl who do the developers Qs thingy every so often

do you know what would be really interesting?

that the developers instead of closing themselves in their ivory towers came here in the forum to get their hands dirty and interact with us.

Negativvv #5 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13155 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostValkyrionX, on 07 October 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

that the developers instead of closing themselves in their ivory towers came here in the forum to get their hands dirty and interact with us.

WG do regular Q&As...

Although from my WoWS days they tend to consist of copy paste answers like "Soon", "We need to do more testing" and "We are aware of your concerns".

Maybe these generic answers can speak for OPs questions?

ValkyrionX #6 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52505 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostDava_117, on 07 October 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

This feature would be useless, to be fair. How would you play on a map made by you, considering WoT is a server side run game?

many other gaming software houses over time have allowed the use of editors to create maps of the community , thus bringing the player base closer and giving life to the creativity of the players.

Instead, it would make a lot of sense and the best maps sent by players to the WG after a test phase could officially enter the game.

TheDrownedApe #7 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49553 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostValkyrionX, on 07 October 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Well there isn't even an English community manager at the moment (i could be wrong) and Falaith?? (the Polish one) is having to pop over here to provide that roll. so your Qs are very likely to be ignored. they are (or were) recruiting for the post but who wants to work/live in Paris?

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 07 October 2019 - 09:51 AM.

ValkyrionX #8 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52505 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostNegativvv, on 07 October 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

WG do regular Q&As...

Although from my WoWS days they tend to consist of copy paste answers like "Soon", "We need to do more testing" and "We are aware of your concerns".

Maybe these generic answers can speak for OPs questions?

WG Q&A are 90% pre-set questions between interviewee and interviewer.

So for me are just garbage most of the time.

Dava_117 #9 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostValkyrionX, on 07 October 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

many other gaming software houses over time have allowed the use of editors to create maps of the community , thus bringing the player base closer and giving life to the creativity of the players.

Instead, it would make a lot of sense and the best maps sent by players to the WG after a test phase could officially enter the game.

I seriously doubt WG will ever allow this, but if the idea is adding the best map to the game, may be it won't be a bad idea to have the editor.

Miepie #10 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4033 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 07 October 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

but who wants to work/live in Paris?

American werewolves do; I once saw a documentary about it. :popcorn:

Stevies_Team #11 Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12420 battles

Quick questions Quick answers big lol

Do you work for the government??

Would take about two hours to answer that lot

Yes/No questions are quick Q + As

Edited by Stevies_Team, 07 October 2019 - 10:10 AM.

Jethro_Grey #12 Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4380 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN
The answer to the most Qs is: WGs playerbase in certain countrys runs on potato PCs, and by going full-modern-engine, they would lose These players and their money.

Negativvv #13 Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13155 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostJethro_Grey, on 07 October 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

The answer to the most Qs is: WGs playerbase in certain countrys runs on potato PCs, and by going full-modern-engine, they would lose These players and their money.

I am thankful for WG products running on calculators. My main PC died a few weeks ago and I've been playing WoT on Medium detail on a £350 backup PC... I really should buy a new Ryzen but this rig plays the only game I enjoy right now.

LordMuffin #14 Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52608 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 07 October 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Soon should be the correct WG response to each one.

ValkyrionX #15 Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52505 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostJethro_Grey, on 07 October 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

wrong answer

the client is divided into SD and HD

when I had the old PC I used the SD client and plus the mods to reduce even more the graphic quality of the game to increase the FPS

Therefore, the game can be played tenuously regardless of which DirectX or Vulkan is used with very low graphics.

Homer_J #16 Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostValkyrionX, on 07 October 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

-Why does WoT in 2019 still use Direcxt 9.0c , why is DirectX 12 not implemented ?

When will we be able to choose via the game launcher which DirectX to use as it is possible to do in other games through the launcher ?

I thought it used DX11 for video if your card supports it and needs DX9 for input.  Or something along those lines.

Why would you want to choose anything but best available?

Even if it has no real performance advantage , why does WoT not have the executable [.exe] file of the game even in 64bit version like the cousin WoWS ?

Why would it if there is no advantage?

Well, not having a 64bit client alongside the 32 bit one is a start.

Player made maps would be mostly terrible, sorting out the decent ones would be more work than producing maps from scratch.

Edited by Homer_J, 07 October 2019 - 12:18 PM.

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23629 battles
For every question, there is a WG trademarked "Soon" answer.

Miepie #18 Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4033 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 07 October 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

Player made maps would be mostly terrible, sorting out the decent ones would be more work than producing maps from scratch.

Plunk them on a sandbox server and let players up- and downvote them, then look at the ones that get significant amounts of upvotes?

spidre #19 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33611 battles
You lost me at " I have " !

SaintMaddenus #20 Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38052 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"Well there isn't even an English community manager at the moment "

Preparation for Brexit...  or Pre-empting brexit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users