• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Actinid #1 Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 19952 battles

Hello everyone,

You can drop here your feedback  regarding the customisation.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day !

SpruntyMcDuff #2 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 32425 battles
  • [STDS] STDS
Am I missing something? I'm not seeing any new customization elements. Is it a custom style, a camouflage-style? Where in the menu is it supposed to be?

cholipam #3 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 63557 battles

View PostSpruntyMcDuff, on 08 October 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Am I missing something? I'm not seeing any new customization elements. Is it a custom style, a camouflage-style? Where in the menu is it supposed to be?

Same here. Something goes wrong, obviously. :)

SlyMeerkat #4 Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18634 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
I personally am not bothered about this feature but it is something different after all so that's good :)

Dirpitz #5 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24206 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD
So does this mean the British are finally getting real camo paintjobs, you know like this that was used on everything 

CMFT93 #6 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23758 battles

I definitely like the concept of skins and different options to customize your tank, which in my opinion is a great way to monetize WoT. It's completely optional, there's no advantage or disadvantage gained, nothing is being broken and yet there's still money to be made from it, if it's getting fleshed out and improved even more and if players like me choose to use it and enjoy making our tanks look a certain way.

There's one suggestion I'd like to make though, as a lot of the "preset styles" like the new "ranger" one for example have the base paint of whatever tank you're applying the style to shine through and that does not look good. It would be great to either have all of the preset styles come with a fitting base paint, like the "festival outfit" preset style for example did OR you could allow the players to choose from the already existing paints, in order to paint the gun, the tracks, the hull and the guns breach fittingly, when applying one of these preset styles.

Furthermore you could also allow the players to use a tool, like a pipette in photoshop for example to match the base paints color of whatever custom or preset style you may want to apply, as there's often not a fitting one in the already existing paints actually. Those styles seem to often be made out of 3-5 different colors at best, so being able to exactly match one of those colors and to then allow us to apply that color to the rest of the tank would be awesome and make for a much more complete appearance.

I guess, there could also be an argument made for a full RGB slider thingy, but in my opinion that would probably end in absolute ridiculousness and not so realistic color schemes for a WWII tank game. 

AndyAliens #7 Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 62321 battles
  • [27PR] 27PR
Please dont make styles...give us camos and emblems ...you give us a style and then we cant buy emblems to add to it...it loses you money.

Phirxos #8 Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 48052 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO
Blue prints !!!!!!   PLz can someone petition WG to add a national blueprint converter or something i have 30 unused czech national fragments yet i have all the czech tank wtf do i do with theese fragments can WG come up with some way of exchanging a national fragment for a national fragment of another nation ....................
00:07 Added after 0 minute

comon WG give us our blue prints

Krazy_Kalle #9 Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18107 battles
  • [VIECH] VIECH
Can you please turn up the brightness in the customization Menu? Sometimes I don't really see how the camo really looks until I go back to the garage or into battle.

Nordstroem #10 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3475 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

I don't like that some camouflage patterns are only available bundled as skins with a bunch of other stuff that I don't want.

I spend an embarrassing amount of gold on customizing my tanks, so I would absolutely appreciate more camo patterns. However, I would much prefer historical ones. I love that most camouflages have a description that says when and where they were used so that I can match them to the tank models. I want more of that.

Most of all I feel that the Swedish tanks are lacking the modern camouflage pattern used by our tanks today. The one made with irregular shapes that have straight and hard edges. Colour wise one of the existing patterns has a colour scheme that mimics it pretty well, but even if the colours are right the shapes are wrong. The modern pattern has been used with multiple colour schemes as well. The one tanks use today has two shades of green and dark navy blue and the older one has two shades of green, dark navy blue and brown. Of course, I think there's desert and arctic variants of it as well.

I would very much like to be able to put Hungarian crosses on my Toldi and Turán. It looks similar to the German cross but with different colours (red, white and green). Maybe a Hungarian tree is coming, but having access to it now would be nice. I hardly ever buy emblems, but this would be a must-buy for me.

Aside from camouflage patterns I also buy base colours for some tanks. Mostly I just buy tan for the desert camouflages. I would really like to see some more whitish base colours for the winter camouflages. At least for German tanks I feel that I only have access to darker colours, which doesn't fit winter camouflage.

I'm happy about the state of inscriptions as they are currently. Most nations seem to mostly have funny or patriotic phrases and I just pick whichever I think fit the tank's "personality" best, but with German tanks the inscriptions are mostly names and I try to give my favourite tanks unique names. I do that with some Swedish tanks as well. I dunno, maybe more names would be nice? All the inscriptions are marked "historical", so it would be interesting if they had a description that said something about them, like "Found on Tiger number 123 of the 12th army on the eastern front".

Oh! And quite importantly, there's an issue with multinational tanks that I made a separate thread about: http://forum.worldof...th-polish-rudy/

In short, the Polish Rudy still uses the Soviet base paint, but the Polish base paint is not available for purchase.

Edited by Nordstroem, 22 October 2019 - 02:29 PM.

RexAlba #11 Posted 25 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16930 battles

Suggestion - Please include all UK national flags instead of just the Union Jack.

England

Scoltand

Wales

Northern Ireland

By not including these its kind of like forcing every european country to only have the EU flag... its not right.

Edited by RexAlba, 25 October 2019 - 02:27 PM.

RollingCards #12 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17424 battles
  • [NPV] NPV
i totally agree with some of the posters above, the customisation of tanks especially with sertain skins is really cool, and i like that it is optional so people can choose to use sertain skins or keep the tank original. and of course the option of only seeing historical paint. really cool.:)

kypaj6ep #13 Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 53608 battles
dear gentlemen i am very disappointed with the features of the new american renegard premium tank, very very disappointed, either, so compare other heavy tanks, this is a shame, change something soon or you will come across player anger

Nordstroem #14 Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3475 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

View Postkypaj6ep, on 06 December 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

dear gentlemen i am very disappointed with the features of the new american renegard premium tank, very very disappointed, either, so compare other heavy tanks, this is a shame, change something soon or you will come across player anger

Is this relevant to customization?

minimorg #15 Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18881 battles

The wait goes on for the flag of Wales.

Flag_of_Wales_(1959–present).png

Been playing since 2012 it's really annoying, and yes, this is my first post..

Also tagged with 1.6.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users