• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ChundaJunka #1 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5676 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP

AEB - Accumulative Experience Bonus 

With a little over 5k games played I have invested a bit of time into this game, not as much as a lot of people, I have still got a long ways to go actually. :child:

When I started my grinding, I fell in love with the french tanks, then the Italian tanks, then the Swedish tanks, the so on and so on.. I'm stuck in this position where everyday I play with so many tanks I find myself making very little progress. Its not because I necessarily cant make up my mind about which tanks I want to play but rather that wargaming has create such a special game with lots to do, so many vehicles to play and unlock. Some of you might think what a stupid thing to be talking about, just play a single line and you will make progress. :facepalm:

Yes that is true but...  when you start off playing the game, the new player experience is more like this > you watch youtubers that showcase tier 10 tanks and your focus is completely on achieving getting those tanks in the garage instead of just having fun learning about the various historical tanks and having fun with the game. 

So what I am proposing is a Accumulative Experience for players that play vehicles of the same line or just a single vehicle. maybe 60% of your last 20 games being played in a particular vehicle will grant you this bonus exp after every battle as long as you sustain this percentage. As for the experience amount is up to wargaming as they still need to make money and so on. :coin:

I feel this will entice players to keep to their lines and make progress (Addictive, lets be honest) but the 20 games is not too much time to spend changing lines so it doesn't punish them and make them feel like it is too much of an issue of change lines. This may also give players who may not have the best stats to get better with a single vehicle than to suck at many vehicles, this is much better because you are constantly coming across premium vehicles that may have a advantage driven by a good player.

If you have gotten this far, I thank you for your time and consideration.:medal:;)

prskanje #2 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2739 battles
  • [G-B-U] G-B-U
Upon first look, it'd get the players bored to wait for a single tank to finish the battle if they died early.

On the other hand, you have these blueprints which you randomly get by playing the game (merit rewards).

ChundaJunka #3 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5676 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP

View Postprskanje, on 07 October 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Upon first look, it'd get the players bored to wait for a single tank to finish the battle if they died early.

On the other hand, you have these blueprints which you randomly get by playing the game (merit rewards).

I understand where you are coming from, Always having another vehicle to jump into only reduces a new players skill as they dont understand the value of saving their Hp to the end of the battle and playing safe.

However with regards to the merit rewards, the merit system is not something to rely on for steady progress. The way I use it is that I focus on one line in the hopes that when I get to these other lines ill have most of the vehicles with discounts..

Anyway. Maybe I am just being entitled, wargaming has given us alternatives, this that I have just proposed would be make it too easy to grind.

etody77 #4 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75089 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

You should play 4-5 years ago, at least

No blueprints, no exp boosters...

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18115 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postetody77, on 07 October 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

You should play 4-5 years ago, at least

No blueprints, no exp boosters...

Remember the days when we actually had to properly grind stuff and it took time. Comparably I remember picking up the Indien-Panzer some time back (it was before the WoT Premium thing, which added even more XP) and finishing it in like three days (57 Battles) thanks to boosters. A Tier VIII Grind in not even 60 Battles! 

etody77 #6 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75089 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 07 October 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

Remember the days when we actually had to properly grind stuff and it took time. Comparably I remember picking up the Indien-Panzer some time back (it was before the WoT Premium thing, which added even more XP) and finishing it in like three days (57 Battles) thanks to boosters. A Tier VIII Grind in not even 60 Battles! 

I remember jow it was to grind chinese tanks with WZ-132 6 years ago

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:17 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18115 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postetody77, on 07 October 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

I remember jow it was to grind chinese tanks with WZ-132 6 years ago

I remember when it took actual time to grind through mid tier stuff. Hell back then it probably took me longer than it takes me now to grind a Tier VIII, and while definitely influenced somewhat by my performance improving over the years (hence more XP), it largely is to do with the increase in available XP.

jack_timber #8 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40279 battles

Ey by gum I remember a time when you could buy a proper Mars bar, lovely and big smothered in thick chocolate, not like they are now. 

I take it this is the old f#rts thread isn't it?

On topic it's much easier now to grind out the lines what with boosters and blue prints. 

Edited by jack_timber, 07 October 2019 - 04:43 PM.

PowJay #9 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39864 battles

An interesting point about playing a lot of tanks. I have nearly 40,000 battles. I have played 326 different vehicles. It works out at roughly 122 battles per tank.

A very, very good forumite has played almost 23,500 battles and has played 180 tanks. This is an average of 130 battles per tank

In terms of tank vs battle numbers, he has played more vehicles than me, but has FAR superior stats.

Maybe it's that he has 10,000 battles in one tank and a bare minimum in the others? Nope. 790 battles is his most-played vehicle. He has quite a few with several hundred battles.

You, OP, have 5,439 battles and have played 148 tanks. I think you may have a point about playing too many. Maybe it's the low number of battles vs the number of tanks you can zip through at low tiers, but your average is 36.75 battles/tank.

You appear to have rushed- with style- through the tiers. You are not a bad player, but the failure to develop crews and learn the game will hurt you. The bonus, however, is if you have played a vehicle then you can gain a better appreciation of its strengths and weaknesses- but not if you only play it for the bare minimum of battles.

I have no strong feelings about your proposal. As noted, playing a single line is very restrictive. On a poor day I can still have four tanks in battle and be playing a fifth. I would not want to be waiting around- up to 15 minutes- for a single vehicle to return. Your suggestion of a percentage of games is noted and would make this idea feasible. Some would benefit because they do this anyway. There are (rare) days when I will hammer a vehicle but they are truly rare. I would probably not see any benefit to its introduction at my stage of playing.

Xandania #10 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42798 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View Postjack_timber, on 07 October 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

Ey by gum I remember a time when you could buy a proper Mars bar, lovely and big smothered in thick chocolate, not like they are now. 

I take it this is the old f#rts thread isn't it?

On topic it's much easier now to grind out the lines what with boosters and blue prints. 

Hyster #11 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27461 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

when i 1st started playing i used to grind loads of tanks at the same time until i noticed the same thing, took ages to get the next tank and i never really got good in a tank as i wasent playing it enough to learn a specific tank.

so now i grind 1 tank at a time with a 2nd / 3rd for if i die in game, i can come out and play the next tank but mainly go back to the main tank when its out of game. i have a few other tanks im grinding but i play them rarely as i dt like them or i think there useful for a specific mission. basically i choose a T10 then grind that line, IE: i hate playing lights but i have to :/

Also tagged with new player, experience, bonus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users