What's Next for World of Tanks?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Wondering what's next for WoT this Autumn? We got you covered.

The full text of the news item

hipper101 #2 Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18821 battles
Sooo nothing special then. Except Halloween. Maybe.

Amon_The_Legend #3 Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11476 battles
  • [OIZ] OIZ

View Posthipper101, on 07 October 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

And if that is going to be like last year ... damm

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23999 battles
No new premium IS-3 clones?

davidsnoek1 #5 Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14110 battles
  • [41TKB] 41TKB

I am interisted to see about halloween!

but,i thought there would be more information about the HP increase for tier 1-6 tanks

Edited by davidsnoek1, 07 October 2019 - 02:59 PM.

StinkyCamper #6 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26932 battles
  • [SCBL] SCBL

Gruff_ #7 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22862 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCommunity, on 07 October 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

Wondering what's next for WoT this Autumn? We got you covered.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/autumn-in-world-of-tanks/">The full text of the news item</a>

Map improvements or new maps?

Replacement mode for team battles you took away?

Extending the end time of skirmishes, Friday night 1am really?

German Heavy balancing?

Prem Ammo rework?

Power crept old tank adjustments? Pershing T32 lots of tanks are obsolete now, buff some nerf others to make a more viable variety

6th sense free for all commanders?

50% discount on consumables?

:sceptic:

deorum #8 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 32540 battles
  • [2MANY] 2MANY

helloween was a great credit maker. i hope it goes the same this year...

thumbs up

Pistol_Only #9 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 340 battles
lets hope we will see some real news when WoT actually has a chance. too many good games coming up oct/nov.

BueloProductions #10 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30060 battles
  • [SERPE] SERPE

View PostGruff_, on 07 October 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

German Heavy balancing?

Prem Ammo rework?

Power crept old tank adjustments? Pershing T32 lots of tanks are obsolete now, buff some nerf others to make a more viable variety

Whoa there, chill man.

Who do you think they are, EA?

edit. typo

Edited by BueloProductions, 07 October 2019 - 03:44 PM.

Inappropriate_noob #11 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17513 battles

I was hoping for new maps, more modes, like co op mode as they have in WoW's, different tier ranked, from 5 upwards, so yeah nothing new then

How about a premium tier 1 to entice new players int the games

PimpMyTank29 #12 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 55425 battles

Whats coming in 2019 https://worldoftanks...-sneak-preview/

Premium Ammo Rebalancing Not done yet still no were to be seen

Matchmaker - sort off done still needs tweaks 

The Return of Frontline - done

Vehicle Rebalancing - STB-1 done , leo 1 done , Kranvagn done sort off , Is-4 nope not done , E-100 nope not done 

And many other tanks not done 

New Vehicles - done got new Swedish Medium tanks

New Mechanics - We want to experiment with new quality mechanics. It's too early to showcase any concepts yet, but we hope to lift the veil of secrecy in the future! sort off new Swedish medium tanks and wheeled tanks and double barrel guns 

Ranked Battles - yes soon done

Clan Wars - A new British reward tank will be introduced: the T95/FV4201 Chieftain (yes done)

The Bonds Shop - yes done soon

Premium Account - New premium Account done

Customization Styles - Yes done some like T 57 heavy , Bat Chatillon 25 t , Grille 15 , Is-7 

Develop the battle results and session statistics concept - yes done

Friendly Fire - Yes done

Blacklist Maps - Yes done block 2 or 1

Tank Festival -  Yes done August 

Hide Statistics and nicknames - Nope not done yet

Make sixth sense perk available for everyone - nope not done 

Here video https://www.youtube....5&v=25LRPraccEI

So ye

HansiVonHinten #13 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47996 battles

German Heavy balancing?

Prem Ammo rework?

We will introduce 5 not 1 but 5 new Premium tanks. 4 Soviet and 1 French wheelbarrel.
We will also introduce a better MM, there are way to many battles ending almost equal (5% or so), in the upcoming realease we will make sure that 99% ends within 5 minutes with scores bewtween 15-1 and 15-3. That way you can get a lot more battles and 30 secs waiting time. Don't worry we make sure you also lose 95% of the battles with the same score = 100% balanced MM.
Further more we will make sure that German tanks almost hit the enemy tanks even more often.

And don't forget all Soviet tanks will soon have double-barreled guns, we hope it can be this upcoming release or at least the next one.

parim1331 #14 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:50 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7639 battles

View Posthipper101, on 07 October 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

I can confirm, it's going to be interesting, especially if you liked the one we had last year. :)

Map improvements or new maps? - Minor map improvements are happening pretty much every patch, also:  http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/723146-supertest-news-pearl-river/

Replacement mode for team battles you took away? - Well, you have many other modes to play, for example Front Lines, Advances, Clan Wars, Ranked battles.

Extending the end time of skirmishes, Friday night 1am really? - No information about possible changes as of right now.

German Heavy balancing?  -As mentioned during a Q&A with devs during WG FEST, it will be done, but first we will concentrate on ammunition balance.

Prem Ammo rework? - Read above.

Power crept old tank adjustments?  Pershing T32 lots of tanks are obsolete now, buff some nerf others to make a more viable variety It's hard to make any balance-related decisions before the grand ammunition overhaul is done.

6th sense free for all commanders?  -Unfortunately no information on that right now.

50% discount on consumables? - We are experimenting with how we prepare activities for you and how they influence all aspects of the game like difficulty of missions, size of discounts on consumables... etc... all of those have been changed in the past and will be changed in the future - currently we only offer 25% discounts for consumables. If we change this you will be the first one to know

Edited by parim1331, 09 October 2019 - 12:39 PM.

HansiVonHinten #15 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47996 battles

View Postparim1331, on 07 October 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

I can confirm, it's going to be interesting, especially if you liked the one we had last year. :)

Map improvements or new maps? - Minor map improvements are happening pretty much every patch, also:  http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/723146-supertest-news-pearl-river/

Replacement mode for team battles you took away? - Well, you have many other modes to play, for example Front Lines, Advances, Clan Wars, Ranked battles.

Extending the end time of skirmishes, Friday night 1am really? - No information about possible changes as of right now.

German Heavy balancing?  -As mentioned during a Q&A with devs during WG FEST, it will be done, but first we will concentrate on ammunition balance.

Prem Ammo rework? - Read above.

Power crept old tank adjustments?  Pershing T32 lots of tanks are obsolete now, buff some nerf others to make a more viable variety It's hard to make any balance-related decisions before the grand ammunition overhaul is done.

6th sense free for all commanders?  -Unfortunately no information on that right now.

50% discount on consumables? - Who knows. 

So basicly, nothing will be done

the_nebuchadnezzar #16 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55263 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

The event calendar for the last weeks of this year is looking good.

- Halloween mode from last year was pretty bad. I didn't like it. But the bonuses were sweet. I hope this year the mode will be fun. 

- Ranked battles are ruined if you don't have. FV/T95 in thr garage.

- Frontline is always nice, no matter if you grind for the X Prestige, you want to add some credits to your vault or help speed up some tier 8 grind. Also, last episode will bring the oportunity to convert your prestige points into gold and bonds.

- I have 0 intrest in in sandbox since all you do it's ruining the game even further. 

But the most important fact is that after this calendar is over it will begin the sweetest period of the year in WoT. The christmas/new year event. I can't wait to start decorating the Christmas tree. Also.... loot boxesssssssss! 

Lt_Soren #17 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15500 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D

You have an ideea about game balance?
you make several changes to make the matchmaking friendly but u miss the most important point: the experience of players. why u do this kind of games? 3 - 4 mins/battle, 0-4 in 1st min. 2 - 15 at the end of battle. and this happen 12 games at row. dont tell me cause this is an accident. i see this kind of battles every day when i am playing.

30%-40% win chance no-stop due the xvm data.
u put in front a player with 30k battles to face a player with 1 k battles, also a player which have 3000 wn8 against 1 with 300 wn8.

where is the funny part of this game?
after 4 battles i became frustrated and there is no more fun.
maybe for you it is funny. perhaps you have too many players on servers and want make some to quit.
Since you have the solutions to fix this and you still allow this situations it looks like u dont have respect for players or even for your self. If this is true then shame on you devs. team for all your work against players. i repeat you dont have respect for players.
I dont want to win all the time, just want to have fun. but when you have every battle less then 40 % chance to win, is impossible.

- also that stupid RNG is awfull (mostly when is a rare chance to get a balanced game - RNG is something you cant avoid and always works against you).
- u provide only lies about fixing map rotation. I play same map 3 / 10 battles and other map maybe once in 50 games.
- cheaters stil can play and you allow this.
if you dont want to allow just make an script to deny acces to the game for those players which dont use allowed mods, or remove mods for all players

Hammerhead20 #18 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30159 battles

I'm kinda looking forward into Halloween event.

If I'm not mistaken, I saw a video on YT about this year's special event.

It looks similar into Leviathan's invasion which we had 2 years ago..?

But I might be completely wrong about this...

Still, I would like to know what they prepared this time... 

mantazzo #19 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7273 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP
Ammo rebalance - I sense that after Sandbox it will be incredibly rushed to be released for December with patch 1.7.

MM - yeah, honestly, it's in better shape than it was a year ago, but improvements could still be made (I mean, Maus and T57 Heavy are not even close to being equal! For example.)

Rebalancing - unfinished this year, they took way too long with the ammo rebalance.

New Mechanics - nothing, really. We have that ST-II with double-barrels (and another Russian tank IIRC), which I sense will be released for Christmas lootboxes.

Bonds Shop - why do I feel it will be delayed once again?.. (check spoiler at the end for my thoughts)

Stat hiding - will most likely be done for the 1.7 patch for December (maybe rushed).

Sixth sense to everyone - a.k.a. Perks 2.0 - won't be done this year. Once again, they took way too long with the ammo rebalance.

Frontlines - was nice to see it back, however, I would've preferred it to be at least 2 weeks long for 5 months instead. This dragged on for unnecessarily long IMO. It also took way too long for the 2nd map to appear.

Ranked Battles - 2 more episodes need to happen, and I'm not sure when are they planning to do a 2nd one. Also, the gamemode became even worse than before, not excluding lack of balance.

Halloween mode - I think I haven't played the mode last year, but I heard that it was quite bad. I seriously hope they learned from their mistakes this year.

Steel Hunter - interesting experiment, I think people would like seeing it coming back every year.

Tank Race - actually a nice change of pace. Also a good return of an old game mode. The only bigger problem was the limitation on races. At least the cooldown should've been shorter.

Retro - loved the retro mode for April Fools. Would love getting a "classic" WoT server permanently with, for example, version 0.8.11.

Sandbox - this time I see it as a big failure because it just showed that WG doesn't care about what players think, actually.

I suppose I'm once again disappointed by Wargaming. Their patch speed is just too slow for the game, and the game needs A LOT of balancing/fixing patches. They are taking way too long on these - they should be much more brave on those and fix the balance issues in the micropatches... (Not even mentioning that some of the updates were quite underwhelming)

Another problem I have nowadays with the game is that WG took the monetization approach quite heavily. The game is now revolving around "you HAVE to invest money to play the game and enjoy it, also play only OP/Meta/Premium tanks" mentality. I seriously hope WG will realize for once that this approach is no good. (Or, well, at least these are my thoughts...)

Anyway, I hope 2020 will be a better year for WG and they will finally pick up the pace - Perks 2.0 NEED to happen ASAP, as they mostly got outdated; Vehicle balance is still off and every tank in the game needs major rebalancing at the same time; RNG needs to finally decrease (it's becoming too much for many people, IMO); map rotation is still very partial; battle balancing is still way off (Leopard 1 and Obj. 430U are treated as equal... lol); the game got incredibly repetitive; only Random Battles are now available at all times (Team Battles got removed and not that many people want to play Clan stuff). There are major issues with the game, but it will only be good if Wargaming will finally acknowledge that there are many issues in the game - they need to be braver with their updating and show that they actually care about the game being fun, not only for the money.

..Also, can we finally get a week or 2 WITHOUT any events at all? It's a bit too much.

---

Spoiler

wolfsrain #20 Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 64831 battles
  • [LASO] LASO
So...I've finished FL and there is zero interest for me to play it further. Sandbox...don't care (we all know how much influence players have over development). Ranked: definitely not for me. And seeing someone from WG Staff saying that if you liked the previous Halloween Mode you will love the new one...Makes it a zero interest month, Well, i still have some tanks to grind until i complete all the lines (yes, i actually grind them, with no free xp skipping or blueprints involved). So there is that. My excitement levels are next to zero.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users