Is it time......

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Inappropriate_noob #1 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles

That the whole tech tree was re vamped, far too many lines of far too many nations split off into two or more lines to reach certain tanks?

Things like the TOG, that would far better suited to being a tier 4 heavy tank,as it is useless at tier 6.

If i were a new player and I just saw the astounding amount of grinding have t do t even get to to the higher tiers, and in this case I am talking of tier 3 4 and five, I would just simply give up and move along to another game, this cannot ultimately be good for the game overall.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:53 PM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Grinding experience nowadays though is far easier than it was ages back even if there were less lines, and there is no need to play every line (even if Turtle just made the thread on doing exactly that).

ThorgrimBrenadim #3 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34443 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 07 October 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

That the whole tech tree was re vamped, far too many lines of far too many nations split off into two or more lines to reach certain tanks?

Things like the TOG, that would far better suited to being a tier 4 heavy tank,as it is useless at tier 6.

If i were a new player and I just saw the astounding amount of grinding have t do t even get to to the higher tiers, and in this case I am talking of tier 3 4 and five, I would just simply give up and move along to another game, this cannot ultimately be good for the game overall.

I would love to see wargamming shade out certain tech lines for new players, they know exactly which are the most popular and the best for new players and also it adds a new goal for new players to unlock new tech trees. It also ensures new players we would hope get a better grasp of the game mechanics before rushing into tanks that in the end they just cripple the team by trying to play. I also would lock premium tanks from tier 8 for new players till they reach that tech tree tier 7 with most modules researched ( now I do not mean new players can not buy these tanks just not use them so maybe a small discount for what would be classed for them as a pre-purchase ).

So lets say you can research British mediums as one of the initial unlocked lines you could not unlock the British heavy line till you have at least the Cromwell fully unlocked/upgraded or have researched the Comet. I think mediums and Td's are the best lines for new players to start with but that is just my opinion.

Inappropriate_noob #4 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 07 October 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

I would love to see wargamming shade out certain tech lines for new players, they know exactly which are the most popular and the best for new players and also it adds a new goal for new players to unlock new tech trees. It also ensures new players we would hope get a better grasp of the game mechanics before rushing into tanks that in the end they just cripple the team by trying to play. I also would lock premium tanks from tier 8 for new players till they reach that tech tree tier 7 with most modules researched ( now I do not mean new players can not buy these tanks just not use them so maybe a small discount for what would be classed for them as a pre-purchase ).

So lets say you can research British mediums as one of the initial unlocked lines you could not unlock the British heavy line till you have at least the Cromwell fully unlocked/upgraded or have researched the Comet. I think mediums and Td's are the best lines for new players to start with but that is just my opinion.

You missed out arty, lol

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:09 PM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostNoobySkooby, on 07 October 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

You missed out arty, lol

If that's in relation to the last line I have to disagree. Admittedly it's partially influenced by my dislike of arty, but I don't think a new player should play arty as it lulls you into a false sense of ability (that sounds weird but it makes sense trust me). You play most of the game with no direct threat facing you, you don't often actually impact the battle that much and it doesn't teach you really anything about positioning (yes, playing arty might make you better at playing against arty; I don't personally believe this but whatever; but for a new player they will not likely retain this knowledge or find it useful to them).

ThorgrimBrenadim #6 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34443 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 07 October 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

You missed out arty, lol

SSSHHHH!!! did you not now there is a secret artyxit group that have got a supreme court ruling that arty can not continue they must leave so as to appease everyone when Brexit does not happen :)

Dava_117 #7 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:52 PM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I would say quite the opposite. Having tons of tanks you can get means more varied gameplay you can have. It's easier to find a line that suits you if there are tens on them.

ThorgrimBrenadim #8 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34443 battles

View PostDava_117, on 07 October 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

I would say quite the opposite. Having tons of tanks you can get means more varied gameplay you can have. It's easier to find a line that suits you if there are tens on them.

I would have agreed but with all the X* bonuses and other stuff players are climbing tech trees very quickly and certain tanks when you get to tier 7 and above have a more critical roll in the game. if you get a player in one of them who has no clue how to play that tank, then it can be a tough struggle for the rest of the team to compensate for that lack of skill. We also have the in-game report system and how many get reported as inactive/bot for extremely poor play ?  Now at tier 5 and below nobody should really be reported for poor play this game is after all a learning curve but by tier 6 and def tier 7 you should have a reasonable grasp of the basics where to go what to do how to try and be hull down, side scrape or use bushes correctly etc etc.

Locking certain tech trees might actually reduce how toxic the community can be as I bet most of that toxicity derives from frustration. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users