Jump to content


Premium ammo and premium account


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:05 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 30917 battles
  • 3,250
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

WG wants to re-balance premium ammo soon... all this thinking about premium ammo but the cause for premmo spam is pretty obvious to me now.

 

Because I finally succumbed to buying premium time - so whenever I'm not top tier I shoot premium ammo with my meds and heavies. No wonder everyone shoots premium ammo... I take the E75, shoot premmo all the way, 6 shots, 3000 damage, no spotting, we lose ... and I was fully expecting to lose some credits, but no... 15.000 creds profit.

 

There lies your problem.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34076 battles
  • 4,391
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
You made credits because you penned your shots, that's nothing new. You can fire gold on a F2P account so long as you make it count. Its the missed shots that cost you. 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72692 battles
  • 20,640
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I suspect, even if you lost 10K. You could still afford to do it a fair few more rounds. And when you face a few like that each round. It won't reduce it, even if they increased the price.

 

That and FL income has made most more eager to spend I guess vs before.



HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:14 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 30917 battles
  • 3,250
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 07 October 2019 - 11:02 PM, said:

You made credits because you penned your shots, that's nothing new. You can fire gold on a F2P account so long as you make it count. Its the missed shots that cost you. 

 

yeah.. well, the cost of shooting premmo needs to be rebalanced so that even premium players can't afford to go full gold



NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34076 battles
  • 4,391
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 October 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

 

yeah.. well, the cost of shooting premmo needs to be rebalanced so that even premium players can't afford to go full gold

 

Any increase to discourage premium players will hurt F2P players harder and make the game more pay to win not less. 



HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:41 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 30917 battles
  • 3,250
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 07 October 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

 

Any increase to discourage premium players will hurt F2P players harder and make the game more pay to win not less. 

 

they just need to make every additional shell cost double than the previous. price increases exponentially. problem solved.



Jauhesammutin #7 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23608 battles
  • 963
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 October 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

 

yeah.. well, the cost of shooting premmo needs to be rebalanced so that even premium players can't afford to go full gold

You do realize that "premium players" grind their credits in other gamemodes like frontlines or skirmishes.

Changing the price doesn't change a thing. Players just need to grind longer (like current F2P players). 



Homer_J #8 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32243 battles
  • 35,307
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 October 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

 

yeah.. well, the cost of shooting premmo needs to be rebalanced so that even premium players can't afford to go full gold

 

Yes sort out the real wallet warriors from the plebs.  Those of us who can afford a weekly Fort Knox should get some advantage from it.:izmena:



TankkiPoju #9 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23588 battles
  • 7,233
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 October 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

That and FL income has made most more eager to spend I guess vs before.

 

What I really don't understand are the people playing FL that go with full premium ammo.



Jauhesammutin #10 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23608 battles
  • 963
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 October 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

 

What I really don't understand are the people playing FL that go with full premium ammo.

Why not?

Not are players are trying to maximize their income. I'd rather have an enjoyable experience than tryharding to get the maximum income.



Wintermute_1 #11 Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:04 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 49924 battles
  • 2,205
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 07 October 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

 

Any increase to discourage premium players will hurt F2P players harder and make the game more pay to win not less. 

 

Players with premium accounts simply so they can spam gold and make credits would already be turning others off the game. People don't want to play a game at 'normal' difficulty only to be facing players who've given WG money to play on the 'easy' difficulty setting.



NoobySkooby #12 Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:31 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16962 battles
  • 4,937
  • [D3NK] D3NK
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostWintermute_1, on 08 October 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

 

Players with premium accounts simply so they can spam gold and make credits would already be turning others off the game. People don't want to play a game at 'normal' difficulty only to be facing players who've given WG money to play on the 'easy' difficulty setting.

Giving them money does not make them win,just had a game no in my tier 9 TD,felt nad about using APCR,so zero damage, simply put no room in the game for standard ammo past tier 7, not if you want to do damage, take away premium ammo re work all the armour of heavies,you think WG are going to do that, I don't think so.

 

Then again I suppose I could always spam HE,people moan if I do that though.

Maybe we need a new shell type, a SAP shell like they are introducing into WoW's:D



snowlywhite #13 Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24622 battles
  • 432
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

I decided not to pay them anymore till they change the MM. I had no prob spamming gold as fp as much as I do now.

 

Only differences: I now run food and obviously stock tanks take less games. But gold ammo? I'm using the same ammt.

 

To make it clear: i never ran full gold. Seems retarded. Even more so if gold is heat. But if a shot would be yellow, even if I know its 90% it'll pen, I load gold.

 

Only prob I had as fp was a-43. I moved to a-44 right after I got the xp without 2 marking the tank. A 50k loss/game in tier 6 seemed rather extravagant for fp.



TankkiPoju #14 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23588 battles
  • 7,233
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostJauhesammutin, on 08 October 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Why not?

Not are players are trying to maximize their income. I'd rather have an enjoyable experience than tryharding to get the maximum income.

 

Shooting premium ammo at tier 8 targets? And for what purpose even. It doesnt increase WN8, gun marks or general winrate.

 

Doesn't Frontlines even give same amount of prestige whether you win or lose.

 


Edited by TankkiPoju, 08 October 2019 - 01:07 PM.


Wintermute_1 #15 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 49924 battles
  • 2,205
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostNoobySkooby, on 08 October 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Giving them money does not make them win,just had a game no in my tier 9 TD,felt nad about using APCR,so zero damage, simply put no room in the game for standard ammo past tier 7, not if you want to do damage, take away premium ammo re work all the armour of heavies,you think WG are going to do that, I don't think so.

 

Then again I suppose I could always spam HE,people moan if I do that though.
Maybe we need a new shell type, a SAP shell like they are introducing into WoW's:D

 

If under scenario A: all I do is fire gold ammo because I can afford to for whatever reason and in scenario B: I just try to use gold when absolutely necessary. All other factors being even I will have a higher win rate under scenario A because I'm doing higher average damage to the enemy. And you don't 'have' to fire gold tier 7, I play the Rev with 200 std pen regularly and in all tier 8 games (which you get a hell of a lot of) standard ammo is fine. Charioteer standard ammo fine against everything but the tier X heavies. Lowe standard ammo fine against most high tier tanks, T34 standard ammo 248 pen adequate for most tier 9s. standard ammo of 200 pen is workable at tier 8 if you have a tank that can move about a bit. 

 

I'm not adverse to gold, I use my fair share, but I don't think the game should be set up where gold is the best option in every way and signing up for a premium account allows you to use it exclusively without any drawbacks. 

 

 



SaintMaddenus #16 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 37997 battles
  • 2,598
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

"A 50k loss/game in tier 6 seemed rather extravagant for fp."

 

That's full gold spam PZC at T 3...   :)   Speaking from experience.   I loved it...   It felt great... so wrong really but the sheer op power of it ....



TungstenHitman #17 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30631 battles
  • 5,741
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 October 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

 

yeah.. well, the cost of shooting premmo needs to be rebalanced so that even premium players can't afford to go full gold

 

Why?



Jauhesammutin #18 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23608 battles
  • 963
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 October 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

 

Shooting premium ammo at tier 8 targets? And for what purpose even. It doesnt increase WN8, gun marks or general winrate.

 

Doesn't Frontlines even give same amount of prestige whether you win or lose.

 

To make the experience more enjoyable. Didn't I already mention that?

I don't enjoy bouncing, I enjoy doing damage.



Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:40 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 18115 battles
  • 26,632
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostJauhesammutin, on 08 October 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

To make the experience more enjoyable. Didn't I already mention that?

I don't enjoy bouncing, I enjoy doing damage.

 

Yeah but depending on the tank you're in and what you're facing, most of the time you should be able to do damage anyway since it's only Tier VIIIs and there's only a few tanks there (i.e VK 100.01 P, 252U/Defender) that are particularly bad; again, depends on what you're in though. You can also literally check what tanks are on the flank with you, so you can judge whether Gold is necessary or not (admittedly, irrelevant if you just use a full Gold loadout anyway).

 

I'm no gold standard though (pun not intended). I grinded 53TP Stock in the mode and was basically only firing Gold, and have played the EMIL 1951 Using my Gold clips first usually. :P



Jauhesammutin #20 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23608 battles
  • 963
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 08 October 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

 

Yeah but depending on the tank you're in and what you're facing, most of the time you should be able to do damage anyway since it's only Tier VIIIs and there's only a few tanks there (i.e VK 100.01 P, 252U/Defender) that are particularly bad; again, depends on what you're in though. You can also literally check what tanks are on the flank with you, so you can judge whether Gold is necessary or not (admittedly, irrelevant if you just use a full Gold loadout anyway).

 

I'm no gold standard though (pun not intended). I grinded 53TP Stock in the mode and was basically only firing Gold, and have played the EMIL 1951 Using my Gold clips first usually. :P

 

Obviously it depends on what tank I'm driving. A Skorpion G doesn't need gold against anything. APCR will help against VV.

With tanks like T44-100 you can brawl against Defenders with gold whereas with normal ammo you have no chance against the front of a Defender.

Of course I could always try to flank and play the medium "role", but driving around the map isn't fun for me. I'm a simple man, I like to do damage.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users