Tank Festival 2019 Recap and the Road Ahead

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:01 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The Tank Festival is over, and now is the best time for a recap.

The full text of the news item

etody77 #2 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76356 battles
  • [JMA] JMA
I missed most of this event...not a big deal

Miepie #3 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4761 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The road ahead is empty
It's paved with miles of the unknown
Whatever seems to be your destination
Take life the way it comes
Take life the way it is

:great:

_Saqis64_GR_ #4 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 87310 battles
  • [SWRM] SWRM

most of the events was bad, you really efed some of the most fun modes like races, and the rewards for many many hours of game play was pretty mehh...

The Offspring in Your Garage was not something special, as the price of that "special" tank, for 40 euros...

Mini-Games was ok for 2-3 games, not for grind, that was not good.

Frontline was ok, bot you efed that one too. too long gring to sell "special personal reserves for frontline mode" only. I felt a bit retard to continue play this game after all this "special treatment".

Festival Fair is ok

Steel Hunter need some further work and less grind.

Czech Holidays. what?
Dog Tags was the most stupid idea so far, after accurancy nerf.

Edited by _Saqis64_GR_, 08 October 2019 - 03:34 PM.

Koz23 #5 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27254 battles

Normally I am quite critical of WG and I will continue to be until things change for the better, but this time... I might actually give props. Maybe not everyone was happy with the game modes, but they actually didn't felt too much of a grind (excluding frontline, I consider that part of a different event), the rewards were decent enough to not make you feel that you NEED to participate, and overall the amount of XP (x5 missions, czech discounts) were pretty crazy.

Again, maybe not everyone might share this opinion, but I'm hoping that this could be something that WG might look into for the future.

VarzA #6 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27434 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Is there a deadline in recruiting the 3 commanders from the great race or can we safely leave them in the barracks if we want to ?

FireWhip #7 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 73204 battles

1) Personally, the dog tags would be nice to have on a permanent base.

2) The old tank shooting archade game style was great in my view, but why limit it to the number of tickets? You could just allow players to play the mode with no tickets issued ...

3) Steel hunter and Race were pretty boring for me and I enjoyed the Chaffee races much more, perhaps these were different times.

shikaka9 #8 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 72193 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Weep not for roads untraveled
Weep not for paths left lone
'Cause beyond every bend is a long blinding end
It's the worst kind of pain I've known

Hammerhead20 #9 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30169 battles

The only good thing which I liked was "Steel Hunter".

Other than that, other events were bad or just not interesting... 

Edited by Hammerhead20, 08 October 2019 - 03:33 PM.

Papelao #10 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1041 battles
  • [CA-] CA-
The Great Race
In general, the rules.

Steel Hunter
Take away terrible chevron system! In general, it will.

Festival Fair
Faugh! Because it was impossible to buy prem-tanks for silver, as in the Black Market.

Dog Tags
Bring back my tags!

The Last Frontier
I don’t remember whether or not there was a festival. But! On the whole, it’s also normal, but it was too difficult to collect all the awards.

Edited by Papelao, 08 October 2019 - 03:38 PM.

feies_vlad #11 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13028 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostVarzA, on 08 October 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Is there a deadline in recruiting the 3 commanders from the great race or can we safely leave them in the barracks if we want to ?

No, you can recruit them whenever you like. Only those female commanders from the twitch prime loot have a time limit.

guest273 #12 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35952 battles
  • [JORM] JORM
#BringBackDogtags

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30786 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

I enjoyed the Steel Hunter during the early battles before everyone started tooning and cheating. I hated the dogtags, really dull and for what? some camo? mostly bad camo from passed games con or non tank related football world cups etc. The constant heavy downloads and updates, patches were and still are really REALLY annoying while in general my games seemed to be interrupted with disconnections and technical issues to the point that I haven't played this game in about a month and will continue not to play until all this junk is cleared away and some level or normal WoT resumes along with hopefully, a stable connection and problem free gameplay.

Don't get me wrong, nice ideas, good to keep things fresh and the sheer volume of content was/is commendable, but sometimes less is more, some of it was just straight up annoying that seems to be a general feeling with a lot players rather than one grumpy old git that's never happy about anything lol plus and most importantly, not having game stability is just criminal. Now, maybe being disconnected and tech issues was on my end, strange though it all came about with this tank fest downloads, sure it's no coincidence plus as mentioned these regular huge updates were/are starting to annoy me to the point that I can't properly play other games etc with these WG downloads going on in the background and considering uninstalling the game. 

Gremlin182 #14 Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 59279 battles

Enjoyed the entire event decent rewards. and lots to do "too much really"

Problems and disappointments

We have limited playing time and the majority of the rewards are random games centered.

So Frontline and Steel Hunter overlapping the event period is a pain not to much of a pain though because FL changes have made it less interesting for me but I would have liked them running when we are between events.

The garage was a bit of a pain loads of times I finished a battle clicked on the close window and something in the background was also clicked usually the band.

With such a complex event with so much happening it was easy to miss cut off dates that information needs making more obvious no reason to leave players disappointed because although they earned a reward missing a date means it goes unclaimed.

Dogtags great idea all it needed was making it optional so it you hated it you didn't have to see it.

falcon_96 #15 Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25816 battles
Racing- Fun and rewarding,for me at least,i got all the commanders, some boosters, 2 fabulous styles(i love black and green color combos) and 550 gold out of it. Definitely would like to see it again in game, with some improvements, next year.

Mini-games- Fun thing if you wait for the tank you are grinding to come out of battle, and even though i'm a clicker player a Whack-A-Piggy arcade game would be appreciated(or Whack-A-Wheelie if you hate those).

Fair- I expected some black market style offers, but it was Ok at least. The "reserved tank" option is good and i hope it will be present again for the December calendar.

Steel Hunter- I personally don't like BR games, but i think it was well implemented for WoT, the grind was not too demanding, even if it was a chevron based system.

Czech missions- Good way to get a new premium tank in game( they sold quite a few of T27s with those special missions) and even without buying the tank the rewards were still good(enough blueprints to skip the TVP VTU).

Dog Tags- I really don't know why they removed them. The mechanic and art were already in game, just add an option for people who don't want to see them to turn them off and done. Why create something that does not distract you from the core gameplay and then remove it?

The garage- Just bring in the WoWs system, add some nation specific garages and the event ones for us to choose from AND GIVE ME BACK MY DOG!!! from the WoT classic garage!

t1ntoretto #16 Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19125 battles
#BringBackDogtags #KeepDogtagsInBaseGame

SlyMeerkat #17 Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18634 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
I think it's been a good few months with all these events and such going on and appreciate it, especially when it comes to things that give more variety to do and which don't break the game more nor does it fix it but that's fine by me..... Just a shame that a majority just enjoys complaining about any and everything you do but i suppose that's just human nature and nothing will ever be fully satisfied :)

General_Major_Fails #18 Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39164 battles
  • [BACO] BACO
why did the store disapear without a notice to claim your team prizes from racing?also the ticket store and prizes should be available to claim prizes for at least 24h after such a long event...it all dissapeared without a notice or general news as usual lately for wg events…. 

Hardass #19 Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35097 battles
Thank F its over to be fair was sick of that Idiot in the armoured suit Moonwalking all the time it was way to long and was fueled by greed you got out of us way more that we got from you.

The_King_Of_Sparta #20 Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33782 battles
  • [300_] 300_

Sorry WG but this event was useless, stealhunter was good, and races too, but the minigames are a waste of time, i hated the dog tags, stupid idea that you cannot even see your own dog tag in battle, 2 months wasted to me, could have spent on an update (Not that sorry excuse of one today) and how about some new maps? list could go on but i rate the WOT events 5/10 for me.

:mellow:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users