Tank Festival 2019 Recap and the Road Ahead

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

GrleREB #21 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37961 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-
For me it was a great event and WG put a lot of effort in it. So thumbs up:great:.

Ashmodiel #22 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30715 battles
  • [OSTPR] OSTPR
I had unused nearly 150 tickets and you didn't get an opportunity to use them in the shop for few days more after event. Seriously, was it so hard to keep it for 3-4 days longer and give people to use these tickets for reserves, directives and so on? Nobody thought about it and you even efed such easy thing?

Badz360 #23 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20179 battles
An additional chance to buy the commanders from great race would be appreciated

sammygo #24 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9010 battles
Feedback: dog tags were completely useless, almost idiotic. Annoying and distracting. I guess most players are interested in goodies with are useful (even if they would be temporary).

ibrox3 #25 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 69315 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

" We tried hard to surprise you and sincerely hope you enjoyed Tank Festival. "

Well you certainly did surprise me when I went to the garage this morning and found all the dog tag tickets gone !

I was earning more tickets last game last night and now everything gone no warning.

Best of it is , since I have been reading this thread - "Combat Intelligence" has just shown a link in garage to remember to collect my tank race commanders !

Which I did not earn because I had spent the whole time playing mini games and randoms collecting dog tag tickets !!

Talk about a  slap in the face !

If you can warn people to collect one prize post event , why not both ?

So I just wasted my time for Nothing !!

Thanks WG I thought I had seen it all (68,000 battles +)

Edited by ibrox3, 08 October 2019 - 06:41 PM.

lecso #26 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16178 battles
I enjoyed the festival, it was a break from the general cycle. The special modes were interesting, specially the Steel hunter mode. The Great race was a bit of wheel of fortune.

Jumping_Turtle #27 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 70808 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

The Offspring in Your Garage - Was nice to watch, but do not think I have watched it a second time.

Mini-Games - I liked them as extra. The tankshooting game wasnt made for me but the catching cook was easy to do

Frontline - Frontline is way too much this year. Must not be done more than 4 times a year. It is not special anymore now that it is every month.

Festival Fair - Had all the tanks so didnt buy anything

Steel Hunter - Fix the rigging and it will be good. Had serious doubt before, but liked it a lot when I set myself a gola to finish it without shooting at all.

Czech Holidays. - Got me a lot of blueprints which are kinda useless since I have finished the CZ grind and I can not trade them for a more usefull country.

Dog Tags - I am one of the few that really liked that and am sad that it was just temporary.

L0rd_0f_War #28 Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14354 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

Festival fair was alright and most of the rewards were okay. What I don't understand is why the dog tags were removed after we worked over two months to complete our collection and customize them?? Its okay to allow players (who didn't like dog tags showing up in battle after destruction) to turn off dog tags, but for those who participated in the event and collected/customized the tags, they should have been able to keep their 'calling cards'.

And can we please have the Frontlines (FL) personal reserves given out for games in FL and not in random battles. Its only logical as people who play FL would benefit and want those FL reserves to boost their progress and they don't have to play random battles to get reserves for FL.

AlexWolf28 #29 Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 64523 battles
  • [BG_WP] BG_WP

View PostAshmodiel, on 08 October 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

I had unused nearly 150 tickets and you didn't get an opportunity to use them in the shop for few days more after event. Seriously, was it so hard to keep it for 3-4 days longer and give people to use these tickets for reserves, directives and so on? Nobody thought about it and you even efed such easy thing?

I have 198 unused tickets, just waited for camo and yesterday they just disappeared.

PlasticGangsta #30 Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28148 battles

Some people are never happy. I am one of the first too criticise WG but this was great. The Dog Tags are great and I can see many ways forward with those such as special emblems and award components. To be honest I want mine back now. The Racing was great, but it was a little irritating having to wait for another 5 starts but I guess you had to keep people from farming tickets and points (gold). I did not play Steel Hunter tho that is not to say I would not play it another time and that is the essence really, no player had to participate in anything they did not want to. It was all still a bit grindy but in all honesty it was achievable by even average players so that is an improvement. I thought the rewards were pretty good to be honest without being fantastic. Over all, brilliant. Well done WG it was a good effort and felt different and special for 2 whole months. In fact it is a shame we are back to normal but Xmas is just around the corner. Try to make this Xmas a bit less grindy than last year. It is Xmas and people do have other stuff to do but if you miss out, well, that does little to spread the Xmas cheer. Try to remember the point of Xmas is gifts. Not the chance for us to buy something off you guys and effectively give you a gift. Or at least not all the time. Oh yeah lets be able to finish last years collections for the camo's we missed same as last year we could finish the ones from the year before. Good job WG it was fun and rewarding and now we can look forward to Halloween, Guy Fawkes and Xmas. Yee Haa 

Eaglax #31 Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19986 battles

Block Quote

You could flaunt your “business card” in front of your defeated enemies, so they would have the motivation to return and “take revenge” on you in the next battle.

:facepalm:

Gremlin182 #32 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 59279 battles

Honestly I cannot understand why the problem with dogtags.

You enter the garage no tags visible

Start game still no tags

Manage to not get killed in the game and still no tags.

Die and you see the tag of whoever fired the killing shot.

If you go back to the garage to start a new game you saw that tag for maybe a few seconds maybe a minute.

If you stay to watch the game well I don't know how you do that but I certainly don't sit looking at my burned out tank with or without tags.

I right or left click the mouse and view the game from the perspective of a surviving team mate.

Given you only see these tags when you are killed and only for as long it takes to click the mouse fail to see what all the fuss is about.

PlasticGangsta #33 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28148 battles

View PostAlexWolf28, on 08 October 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

I have 198 unused tickets, just waited for camo and yesterday they just disappeared.

I have always thought that it would not kill them to sort all such problems with a customer services ticket. It is no skin of their nose and the player has done the work to qualify for the prize. Surely it is worth it simply for the good will..... THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Cpt_Hind_sight #34 Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17007 battles

The best part is that you removed the forum thread for the second news about this event: Tank Festival. Let’s Get the Party Started!

https://worldoftanks...festival-start/

If I remember correctly i put up a video of what a dogtag is, and you wargaming and a lot of people here does not seems to know what that is!

Wargaming say this today:

"Dog Tags was a feature created specifically for the Tank Festival to challenge your opponents on the battlefield. You could flaunt your “business card” in front of your defeated enemies, so they would have the motivation to return and “take revenge” on you in the next battle." RETURN and take revenge?

Random battles and thousands of random people. That will never happen.

This is business cards and they are used to make friends :)

Dog tag is something completely different, this is how you GET a dogtag, and this will never work in this game playing random battles:

So please, bury the "dogtag" nonsense and you could implement a kill cam instead, that will help players understand where and why they get shot.

Like the one in Crysis where you follow the bullit from enemy before it hits you.

Unicorn_of_Steel #35 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15642 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

Lot of time, effort and other resources invested in stuff that contributes zero to fixing the real issues of this game. You know, the ones that fill the forum pages and are driving players away?

I did not participate in the festival. I love playing this game but this was a clear overkill of events for me. For the average player at best like i am it  is hard enough to pursue and reach goals within the tech trees without spending time on distractions as races etc. I found the tank offers not very appealling, besides the AMX 13-57 that i wanted for quite some time.

Dog tags prevented me from evaluating what i did wrong or could have done better since i could not view my tank in its surroundings. Very glad this nonsense is gone but i would have been equally happy if i just had the opportunity to switch them off.

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 08 October 2019 - 11:21 PM.

Gremlin182 #36 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 59279 battles

View PostCpt_Hind_sight, on 08 October 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

The best part is that you removed the forum thread for the second news about this event: Tank Festival. Let’s Get the Party Started!

https://worldoftanks...festival-start/

If I remember correctly i put up a video of what a dogtag is, and you wargaming and a lot of people here does not seems to know what that is!

Wargaming say this today:

"Dog Tags was a feature created specifically for the Tank Festival to challenge your opponents on the battlefield. You could flaunt your “business card” in front of your defeated enemies, so they would have the motivation to return and “take revenge” on you in the next battle." RETURN and take revenge?

Random battles and thousands of random people. That will never happen.

This is business cards and they are used to make friends :)

Dog tag is something completely different, this is how you GET a dogtag, and this will never work in this game playing random battles:

So please, bury the "dogtag" nonsense and you could implement a kill cam instead, that will help players understand where and why they get shot.

Like the one in Crysis where you follow the bullit from enemy before it hits you.

I would hope they add the battle hits mod or their own version of it to the game.

You get to see exactly where all your shots went and what damage they did, also all the shots fired at you.

Its very useful.

I would keep that tags though with an option to not see them much like we can not see none historical camo paint.

Edited by Gremlin182, 08 October 2019 - 11:20 PM.

PlasticGangsta #37 Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28148 battles
All this negativity about the Dog Tags surprises me. You guys at WG should do a poll on the portal using the same mechanic as when we used to vote for Top of the Tree. I liked the Dog Tags I thought them inoffensive, good to look at and a good form of unique expression within game. I mean you could expand it into awards and medals for achievement that can be displayed or even maybe a Clan symbol or written name. I want mine back and to be honest and I am surprised others seem to feel differently although I wonder if it is simply a "vocal" minority. Yee Haa

WoT_RU_Doing #38 Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58821 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

I think WG tested some interesting things in the festival. There were some things I liked, and some that I didn't, but I'm surprised to say that the one that stands out for me as the biggest mistake was the dogtags…all they had to do was add an option in the settings to turn them off.

If the option were added, I wouldn't mind if they become a permanent thing in the game....I just don't want to see them. Instead, in MY settings, I have selected to see the tank that killed me. Now there is no point having that option selected if the tank is hidden by a stupid dogtag for the duration of the clip that you get shown. The central position of the dogtag display also covers up action that you may still want to see immediately after you get killed, so maybe an option to have the dogtags appear elsewhere would be appreciated too.

I was also a bit disappointed by the dogtag store....as WG have said, it was a long event, but as you grind through it you get the option to buy from a collection of just 9 items. Even worse, the 9 items were rather boring, and didn't even include the new 2019 Tank Festival Style. Many of the rewards for the individual events were much better (I was impressed with the 3 crew members from the tank races for example).

Another thing I thought I'd mention was the Offspring concert....interesting idea, but I found it annoying that I couldn't forward/rewind within the songs.

Finally, thank you for the variety provide by the various events and even the arcade games, as well as all the rewards. I did appreciate most of them, especially all the bonds. But this brings me to one final request....with all these bonds that we are building up, can we have some new tanks to buy with them please..

StinkyCamper #39 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26932 battles
  • [SCBL] SCBL
I have one word for wargaming about the festval:  FAIL ! 

Cpt_Hind_sight #40 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17007 battles

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 08 October 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

All this negativity about the Dog Tags surprises me. You guys at WG should do a poll on the portal using the same mechanic as when we used to vote for Top of the Tree. I liked the Dog Tags I thought them inoffensive, good to look at and a good form of unique expression within game. I mean you could expand it into awards and medals for achievement that can be displayed or even maybe a Clan symbol or written name. I want mine back and to be honest and I am surprised others seem to feel differently although I wonder if it is simply a "vocal" minority. Yee Haa

Reading the posts here? Several inputs like "dogtags". The posts about why "dogtags" are wrong or not useful are told here.

I had to turn of the non historical camouflage to not have it pop up on my full screen. And why? When I die for me it would be much better and useful to know how, and to see where i get shot so I can learn how to play better.

The name and a "business card" popping up on screen at the same time my tank blow up... In what  way does that help the team get a win?

An appropriate animation and name of the killer would be more like this, if you use the words correctly:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users