Tank Festival 2019 Recap and the Road Ahead

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

hipper101 #41 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18167 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Must say all in all the event was okay. Even thou the best part was Steel hunter. 

Mariuxszas #42 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:48 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29276 battles
  • [ARCTI] ARCTI

This event overall was really nice. I loved it overall, but i will if course complain about some things:

1. Dog tags are interesting concept, but i would like it more if it was possible to turn the showing of them off. It takes time after death, when you are most angry.

2. Great races were quite booring, and most annoying thing was dying before finish. Every single game someone died, many times i did, only because driving first from the start. So i had to delay my start for enemies to focus another target, and then overtake them all. If i drive first from the start i usualy die.

3. Arcade games were really interesting concept. It felt a bit disconnected from overall wot game, but still nice.

4. I have absolutely no complains about steel hunter. Russian streamers competicion was super interesting. Most watchable event in a long time.

5. Everythinge else was satisfactory.

Edited by Mariuxszas, 09 October 2019 - 06:51 AM.

Hamsterkicker #43 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37989 battles
  • [KWAAK] KWAAK

I kind off got lost in all the events that were going on at the same time.

Didn't try the arcade games, didn't try the racing, tried Steelhunter but wasn't for me, dogtags I couldn't care less about them, wasn't interested in any of the prem tanks offered.

Really enjoyed the Czech marathon, although i already had the TVP 50/51 so I now have 50 odd Czech Blue prints in my depot that I have no use for at all. But the general blue prints were very welcome.

Played a bit of Frontline to finish at least one prestige level. The XP multipliers that were handed out were really helpful to get me to at least try it again, as well as the new map.

Didn't find the time to play TOTT with the American Lights.. Spotting damage as a ways to gain extra XP is nice but in effect not really working at the moment as it is way too dependent on the team.

Now playing a bit for the German Tank Rewards, which for some reason the progress for that is hidden on a separate webpage? I really can't understand why that page is not in the game like for all other events.. Just at a tab and done..

Overall, the sheer complexity of all the events that run simultaneously is a bit over the top at the moment.

BSHDBCG #44 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6085 battles

View PostHamsterkicker, on 09 October 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Now playing a bit for the German Tank Rewards, which for some reason the progress for that is hidden on a separate webpage? I really can't understand why that page is not in the game like for all other events.. Just at a tab and done..

Overall, the sheer complexity of all the events that run simultaneously is a bit over the top at the moment.

Indeed, it is quite perplexing that they didn't fix those reward events yet. :amazed:

Edited by BSHDBCG, 09 October 2019 - 08:18 AM.

Simona2k #45 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2595 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
interesting

SirCipilica #46 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11863 battles

The Offspring in Your Garage - listened one song

Mini-Games - loved the can catcher ( pretty much each try i got the max cans 170 and get the tickets much faster)

Frontline - best mode event in this game, loved it and I will always love Frontline

Festival Fair - interesting event, too bad was only with gold, perhaps next time, it will be a mix, like Black Market, to have a chance to get some tanks with credits too

Steel Hunter - i liked it, made it to 25, the only bad thing was the team ups on solo mode

Speed Race - fun event, after first series of 5, i knew what to do and had tons of wins and good matches ( got the 3 commanders, the rewards and some daily gold )

Czech Holidays. - finished it, blueprints were nice, too bad was not like a marathon, to also get the tank 

Dog Tags - i thought the dog tag will remain, why removed it?  I gathered enough tickets to get 2 camos and 1 reserve

PS: still did not receive the 2x camo from Speed race event, i was part of Green team and i should receive 2 of green camo ( Green team placed 2nd in the end) Hope they will credit our accounts these days

Overall it was a nice event, but of course, there are things they can be improved!

Gremlin182 #47 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:53 AM

General

• Player
  • 57997 battles

There is a certain something that appeals to me having a personalised message sent when you kill a tank.

You get battered by an SPG or harassed by a fast light tank through the game and finally get to finish it.

Maybe you say nothing and just smile or maybe you scream out take that sucker or similar.

That's all the tag was a message saying this time I beat you.

Its not a business card, that would have read you have been killed by Joe Smith and sons please consider us for all your future deaths and there would be contact details.

The dog tags they are more like the inscriptions on tanks, for the king for the motherland onward to victory etc.

wolfsrain #48 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 62542 battles
  • [LASO] LASO

Czech Holidays - nope... Different rewards for the people that did not wanted to buy the tank and the fact that you get a camo for a tank that you have to buy is plain wrong. 

Frontline - new map with lots of bugs (hopefully solved this October, not that i particulary care, as i've finished my FL run). Still, a nice change of pace. My main beef is with the map rotation in FL and the allocation to the attacking or defending team. Either you see one map ad nauseam or you see the other. The map should alternate (one battle on Normandy, one on Normandy). Same with the team allocation: one battle as an attacker, one as defender.

Festival Fair - some nice deals, but it was like the Advent Calendar, so not much excitement there

Steel Hunter - relatively fun, but the solo mode was plagued by the people that wanted to rig the game (and they did succeed)

The Great Race - not bad, but the timer punished the people that are working during the day. Without that annoying timer, i would had rated the mode as the funniest of all of the WG Fest events.

Dog Tags - no, just no. It's annoying and i am glad that is gone. 

A lot of hit and miss overall, with many things that can be improved. 

Maschinenkanone #49 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44901 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV
Instead of car racing and infantile arcade mini games why dont u develop some events about historical tank battles? As far as I remember World of Tanks thematises tanks. Or is it mentioned in the tiltel by accident?

Edited by Maschinenkanone, 09 October 2019 - 10:08 AM.

Kvasnikov #50 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:36 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 46501 battles
  • [FTC] FTC
I enjoyed the festival, overall it was a sweet event. Steel hunter and The Great Race stood out for me.

Forzo #51 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14452 battles
  • [KEMI] KEMI
Overall it was nice, although both Steel Hunter and The Great Race got boring REALLY quick. Please develop Homefront instead, that is way more thematically correct and closer to the original gameplay!
- The festival fair was great, had some nice deals and it is always good to be able to buy stuff for the in-game currencies.
- Dog tags: Fun little extra but not worth to grind at all. Also too bad that the event ended so abruptly, I missed the end date and so lost 150 tickets or something.
- Frontline: Great with a new map!

Cataphractarii #52 Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35793 battles
  • [AGEM] AGEM

Dog Tags was a feature created specifically for the Tank Festival to challenge your opponents on the battlefield. You could flaunt your “business card” in front of your defeated enemies, so they would have the motivation to return and “take revenge” on you in the next battle.

Such complete tripe, What's the odds of meeting that tanker again, never mind in next battle, who writes this pony & trap?

For an event of this size and variety, why not run a poll afterwards to see what people liked or disliked, and maybe explore the issues in an associated thread to find out why? 

I think it's called aftermarket research, might be useful if you are serious about improving this game!

You might also ask your player base [community contributors/ focus groups/whatever] what to include in the poll, or polls if that's the way to go.

Races were OK but too complicated, for me you should have stuck to one tank!

Edited by Cataphractarii, 09 October 2019 - 12:33 PM.

parim1331 #53 Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:39 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7467 battles

Dear Tankers,

I have noticed that a lot of you gave a ton of very detailed, and constructive feedback for which I wanted to personally thank you.

We will be sure to pass it along, and for now, stay awesome. :B

OrigamiChicken #54 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28040 battles

That was fun event to skip. I love how far Wargaming is disconnected from reality: "Some players didn't immediately appreciate the features of this mechanic, but very quickly more and more commanders began to design their unique Dog Tags". No, "some" players still don't appreciate this stupid feature that we didn't ask for and that can't be turned off. They're just trying to find the design that doesn't look like crap. There wasn't even any attempt to adapt it to Western audience. How many players in EU know what crayfish has to do with tanks? Was it so hard to replace it with the tomato? Or the deer? It's a very specific insult in Russian that has no use in other countries. And so on and so forth...

Sirebellus #55 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23111 battles

I want to thank WG for an event that I could quite happily ignore all of and so spend my summer doing other things than playing WoT for hours every day

WindSplitter1 #56 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18919 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postetody77, on 08 October 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

I missed most of this event...not a big deal

Mostly this.

This year, things were dismissable and quite underwhelming.

Jumping_Turtle #57 Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69467 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postparim1331, on 09 October 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Dear Tankers,

I have noticed that a lot of you gave a ton of very detailed, and constructive feedback for which I wanted to personally thank you.

We will be sure to pass it along, and for now, stay awesome. :B

I just received that Racing cammo and am a bit disappointed. The style looks great, but since it is a style it is impossible to put the emblems we got in the racing event on the same tank.

So we can not combine the Turtle commander, the Turtle cammo and the Turtle emblem on one tank ....

us Turtles are disappointed in that ...

Masinmees #58 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18979 battles
I also got 7x  5X exp for victories as a reward but all of them dissapeared after 2nd victory with a tank

Vitezpomijar #59 Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43068 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S
WARGAMING FIX SERVERS PLEASE

Sir_Armand #60 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20269 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2
Event. Yeah, showing dogtags of the one that killed you is counterintutive. You don't flaunt your dog tags. They are removed from your corpse.
Please work on balancing the game instead WG. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users