the "he" is out of control

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Grumbleduke #1 Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41152 battles
I know that "he" has its place in the game but when amx 50bs 277s and t57 etc spam nothing but he there is something wrong with the way the game is heading, I don't for a minute think it should be banned but when your getting hit for 250hp from an is2 too the front of the vk premium heavy not even aiming just spam it too the upper front plate . it cant be as intended. the spam of gold ammo is a bone of contention but you can still side scrape in a good tank or it has r n Jesus making it bounce. "he" on the other hand is going to do damage where it shouldn't. I was getting 400-600hp taking from the front of my maus by the jpze100 every shot, now I know that this is one of the most dangerous guns in the game but just using "he" cant be what the designers intended with this beast, besides I doubt that even "he" from such a dangerous gun would damage the armour of a Maus. my conclusion is that the burst of tank "he" should be drastically reduced, a dt gun shouldn't do any damage too the heaviest part of the armour of a vk, catch it in the side or rear and yes, thinly armoured vehicles like scorpions arty etc yes it should do a lot of damage but the way the game is heading players will just keep using "he" too lol pen any vehicle as its easier than trying to aim at weak points and risk a bounce. even with gold ammo you can hull down in a 60tp or is7 but there is no amount of care full play that cant help against "he" spam. of course there is the case of the Japanese fatboys but they do less damage frontally using their "he" than some big non dedicated "he" guns, well this was what I found in the type 4 when I used it though I only played a few games before I sold it. "he" in non dedicated "he" vehicles should be used for snapping tracks or hitting soft targets it should definitely not be the go too shell for people who cant be bothered to learn weak points.  

1ucky #2 Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 87931 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
Well if you look up the news article on what's next in October/November, they're talking about sandbox-testing some new HE concepts.

Mimos_A #3 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29227 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

POPULAR

The steves cried that their heavies were getting flanked, so all the maps turned into corridors. Then the steves cried that their heavies were gettign penned on the weakspots, so they removed the weakspots. Then the steves cried that they were still getting penned so armour was buffed overall. What you're seeing is the logical conclusion of steveness.

Ceeb #4 Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33239 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

The he is out of control?

I'm sick and tired of all this pronoun BS :)

chainreact0r #5 Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34970 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

All we need is a 4th type of ammunition on every tank, called TN(Tactical Nuke).

It gets 2000mm of pen, triple the alpha of your tank and activates when a schmuck spams HE at you. If you fire it at someone else it will auto bounce.

Needless to say, i would load 100% TN on my 279.

LordMuffin #6 Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMimos_A, on 09 October 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

The steves cried that their heavies were getting flanked, so all the maps turned into corridors. Then the steves cried that their heavies were gettign penned on the weakspots, so they removed the weakspots. Then the steves cried that they were still getting penned so armour was buffed overall. What you're seeing is the logical conclusion of steveness.

WG solution: remake HE so they only damage tanks with very bad armour.

Spurtung #7 Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75056 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostMimos_A, on 09 October 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

And then there's the guy on my signature...

ValkyrionX #8 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:00 AM

Major

• 54604 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
HE spam is becoming something quite ridiculous as much as special ammunition spam.

Piroger #9 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 54391 battles
I have no problem with the HE feature. But since so many noobs are playing high tier the use of HE and gold ammo is being increased.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Why should they not fire HE at you? What exactly are they supposed to do if you're sat hull down in your IS7/sidescraping your Maus, stare at you angrily for 10 minutes? 

SaintMaddenus #11 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38854 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCeeb, on 09 October 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

The he is out of control?

I'm sick and tired of all this pronoun BS :)

Next move will be Special High Explosive  SHE and Thermal High Explosive Yield   THEY.    we may also see Intelligent Targeting   IT    What you really don't want to see in this game Is Munition Explosive Total Overload Operations.  ME TOO

Hamsterkicker #12 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38550 battles
  • [KWAAK] KWAAK

HE and knowledge of weak spots is even more dangerous...

The main problem with the rebalance that I see is that quite a lot of tanks in the mid tiers are designed around HE-shells, like Hetzers, M4 Sherman, PZ IV H, O-I, O-Ho, KV-2, SU-152, etc.

In the high tiers the issue is less I think because you still need quite a lot of HE-shots to kill a single tank and it takes ages as usually the reload of the HE-guns is longer..

staurinsh #13 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34704 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 October 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

Why should they not fire HE at you? What exactly are they supposed to do if you're sat hull down in your IS7/sidescraping your Maus, stare at you angrily for 10 minutes? 

What about changing position? Go to other flank and clear it and after that kill that camping maus/is7?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Poststaurinsh, on 09 October 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

What about changing position? Go to other flank and clear it and after that kill that camping maus/is7?

Works both ways, if you're getting shot with HE why are you sitting there and taking it and not going to the other flank and clear it and after that kill that HE spamming enemy? 

SuperOlsson #15 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24028 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 October 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

Works both ways, if you're getting shot with HE why are you sitting there and taking it and not going to the other flank and clear it and after that kill that HE spamming enemy? 

This. Also someone has got to deal with the Obj. 279, Type 5, FV Chieftain or 268 v4 at some point. Everyone avoiding them is not a valid tactic for dealing with them.

etody77 #16 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76327 battles
  • [JMA] JMA
If...HE is a problem, i want back AP shells for arty

RSA_TriHard_7 #17 Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48352 battles
  • [WKEY] WKEY
HE cheap ammo always does damage makes sense but i do laugh if i bounce a FV215 183b AP shell tho :teethhappy:

Dava_117 #18 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:32 AM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGrumbleduke, on 09 October 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

I know that "he" has its place in the game but when amx 50bs 277s and t57 etc spam nothing but he there is something wrong with the way the game is heading, I don't for a minute think it should be banned but when your getting hit for 250hp from an is2 too the front of the vk premium heavy not even aiming just spam it too the upper front plate . it cant be as intended. the spam of gold ammo is a bone of contention but you can still side scrape in a good tank or it has r n Jesus making it bounce. "he" on the other hand is going to do damage where it shouldn't. I was getting 400-600hp taking from the front of my maus by the jpze100 every shot, now I know that this is one of the most dangerous guns in the game but just using "he" cant be what the designers intended with this beast, besides I doubt that even "he" from such a dangerous gun would damage the armour of a Maus. my conclusion is that the burst of tank "he" should be drastically reduced, a dt gun shouldn't do any damage too the heaviest part of the armour of a vk, catch it in the side or rear and yes, thinly armoured vehicles like scorpions arty etc yes it should do a lot of damage but the way the game is heading players will just keep using "he" too lol pen any vehicle as its easier than trying to aim at weak points and risk a bounce. even with gold ammo you can hull down in a 60tp or is7 but there is no amount of care full play that cant help against "he" spam. of course there is the case of the Japanese fatboys but they do less damage frontally using their "he" than some big non dedicated "he" guns, well this was what I found in the type 4 when I used it though I only played a few games before I sold it. "he" in non dedicated "he" vehicles should be used for snapping tracks or hitting soft targets it should definitely not be the go too shell for people who cant be bothered to learn weak points.  

I see no problem in that. A part for the old P2W premium HE of the Type5 and the premium HESH from the 183 guns, using HE on well armoured tanks will generate less damage than penetrating an AP shell, lowering the effective DPM a lot. Still is a valuable tool to dig out hulldown tanks. It's one of the reason why I love the E100. See a Chieftain, IS-7 or T110E3 hulldown. Don't worry, load HE and blast them for 400 with a well aimed shot close to less armoured surface.

If you hate HE so much, you can also mount a spall liner. I did it on my KV-4 and ST-1 and in the latter I can basically ignore any HE with less than 800 alpha when hulldown.

Edited by Dava_117, 09 October 2019 - 09:32 AM.

UrQuan #19 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21638 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The HE spam is a logical conclusion imo from all the armor buffs & map changes. If maps become corridor that give slow armored tanks an advantage & the armor buffs make it so that heavy armored tanks are hard to damage by even premiium ammo, don't be surprised when folks go for HE as last measure to hurt armored tanks.

The reduction of weakspots gave rise to increased prem ammo shots fired (logical; can't hurt a tank with standard ammo? Premium it is). Everyone else just became collateral damage from the increased prem usage.

When maps adhered more to defensive/camping armored HT's, even premium ammo wasn't enough (quite some of the armored tanks you can park in spots where they are hard/impossible to damage by using terrain while still giving the tank the opportunity to shoot) -> Here comes the HE!

Note that it isn't exclusive to the typical armored HT's, but also include a variety of tanks that can hull-down with near-impunity (meds included). Don't want HE spam / premium ammo spam? -> advocate for a more sensible armor model with weakspots & maps that offer less advantage to camping play.

For me a map change example that boosts the advantage to camping is Pilsen. Old variant wasn't liked by folks but it certainly beat what we have now. Old map favored heavies no question but the map did reward heavies that pushed & helped their team by advancing. After the map change they widened the zones between the buildings making it far less rewarding to attack & more rewarding to defend/camp. The hills in the back that offer great camo & area of fire for little risk certainly don't help. 

So you end up often on Pilsen with a heavy in a good position & backed up by plenty of support & regularly the only way to make the HT back down is by firing HE at it because prem ammo has too high a chance to fail (and lets not even talk standard ammo).

In short; want HE spam (and prem ammo spam) gone? Advocate for more varied maps with better designed crossways/accesspoints. Also advocate for better armor layouts that include weakspots so firing standard ammo makes sense.

Edited by UrQuan, 09 October 2019 - 09:37 AM.

fwhaatpiraat #20 Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 60163 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
"The HE is out of control".

~279e players that face E100s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users