Gold (Premium) ammo spam needs to stop.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Gold spam has to stop (160 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

How should we change the gold ammo?

1. Remove gold (premium) ammo all togheter and make weak spots on tanks. (53 votes [27.32%])

Percentage of vote: 27.32%

2. Limit the amount of gold (premium) ammo carried by each tank to say 10-20% (48 votes [24.74%])

Percentage of vote: 24.74%

3. Leave it as is, but don't count the damage done with gold (premium) ammo, towards any awards, marks of exellance, experiance and credits (18 votes [9.28%])

Percentage of vote: 9.28%

4. Leave it as is, and let all the spammers continue their gold spam (52 votes [26.80%])

Percentage of vote: 26.80%

5. Use this if none of the above is what you want (23 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

Vote Hide poll

staurinsh #21 Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35555 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 October 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

If he can pen you anyway with his 308 pen standard rounds then what difference does it make to you if he chooses to hit you with a 350 pen gold round?

Then why you need gold ammo if you can pen with standard ammo? Gold ammo is to pen thick armor, not leo or grille.

Mr_Burrows #22 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50709 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

Reading OP's post and poll, I almost immediately came to think about this...: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/723813-creating-a-special-category-in-the-matchmaker-for-people-with-500wn8/

Homer_J #23 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:07 PM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

This is a poll that will show how many people out there that wants a change to the gold ammo, and also we will find out how many that just goes around and spams gold.

It won't show anything since 36 73 people have made 48 93 votes.

Edited by Homer_J, 10 October 2019 - 03:12 PM.

Mr_Burrows #24 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50709 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
I spam gold in the EVEN, bar 9 HE that I might use in beginning of a battle should it be most likely I will run into a Lynx or EBR. They really hate getting hit for 800 HP in 5 seconds. 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 09 October 2019 - 04:08 PM.

250swb #25 Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

and also we will find out how many that just goes around and spams gold.

You could have just asked me, I spam gold whenever I need to, but now you hate me, I'm sad.

Kalonianhydra #26 Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30736 battles

Gold (premium) ammo should just be used for tactical reason, when people spam it around it isn't.

And that needs to change. So if you limit the amount people will not just shoot gold because they can. That is the goal.

People that just spams it around should get some sort of penalty, not only the added costs. There needs to be more.

RockyRoller #27 Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39208 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
iI've been doing a mission in low tier German Premium tanks. Without gold they just can't pen any equal tier opponent, and 1 of them has problems doing even that. So.......

Mr_Burrows #28 Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50709 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Gold (premium) ammo should just be used for tactical reason, when people spam it around it isn't.

And that needs to change. So if you limit the amount people will not just shoot gold because they can. That is the goal.

People that just spams it around should get some sort of penalty, not only the added costs. There needs to be more.

I see your opinion. I do not agree. 

Kalonianhydra #29 Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30736 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 09 October 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

I see your opinion. I do not agree. 

So you are a gold spammer then. I see

Bordhaw #30 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15628 battles

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Gold (Premium) ammo spam needs to stop.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #31 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30654 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

I tend to play at tier IV - tier VI nowdays, sorry if I am growing up slowly. At those tiers you can see someone spotted at 445 m but hitting him is quite another kettle of fish. Now, if it is some weird trollish tank that you need to hit his left tit at the right spot in the right angle to pen him, and that at 445 m, I will obviously not load regular ammo. Secondly. If I am having trouble penning an O-I with my Marder 38t and have loaded gold and suddenly a Luchs turns up and starts spinning around my TD, I am not going to start re-loading regular AP. I am not even going to have time to look for the 2 key.

I don't believe anyone else would not do the same and the OP would want him on his team.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #32 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:07 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35577 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Poststaurinsh, on 09 October 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Then why you need gold ammo if you can pen with standard ammo? Gold ammo is to pen thick armor, not leo or grille.

They don't, but why do you care if someone wants to pay 4k a shot to pen your Grille? What difference does it make to you what they spend their credits on? 

chainreact0r #33 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35326 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

In the current meta, you simply can't afford to bounce shots. It's as simple as that. Tanks are faster than ever, dpm and snap-shotting is better than ever, and most tanks which are in the decent->meta categories have stupid armor models with either no weakspots, or weakspots that are 50-50 pen for normal ammo. Engagements are either at a long rage when nobody can pen anybody so they just shoot cupolas out of boredom or spam HE, or at short range where the team who pens the most shots wins by a long shot due to the snowball effect.

Gold is needed to remove stupid RNG from the equation in the short range engagement scenarios. That said, gold is not the answer to everything. There are still many tanks which when positioned or angled correctly are immune to gold. You can consider those tanks as armored tanks. Every tank that bounces AP reliably but is cheese to gold, needs to be treated as a paper tank which takes dings occasionally.You just have to git gud and accept the fact that some tanks look like they have armor when in fact they don't and assume everyone has gold loaded when you expose your non-paper tank.

The only thing left is to manage the economy. Gold spamming is expensive, but if you either pay for premium account, grind credits or are smart about when you shoot gold and when you don't, making a profit is not even that hard. 

Mr_Burrows #34 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50709 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

So you are a gold spammer then. I see

Absolutely. I am amazed you just did not quote me from a few posts above where I clearly stated I do. Did you miss it? 

I prefer to use the best tools available to me in game. Thus I also run vents, food and BIA amongst other things. 

Perhaps we should remove those too? I mean, they do all make your tank "better". How's that for an argument? 

4nt #35 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30516 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 09 October 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

It won't show anything since 36 73 people have made 48 93 votes.

More like 40 20 people at most...

Edited by 4nt, 10 October 2019 - 09:14 PM.

MightyBalls_2 #36 Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10138 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
Topics like this need to stop, you use Gold and so do others, get over it.

UserZer00 #37 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13905 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 10 October 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

In the current meta, you simply can't afford to bounce shots. It's as simple as that. Tanks are faster than ever, dpm and snap-shotting is better than ever, and most tanks which are in the decent->meta categories have stupid armor models with either no weakspots, or weakspots that are 50-50 pen for normal ammo. Engagements are either at a long rage when nobody can pen anybody so they just shoot cupolas out of boredom or spam HE, or at short range where the team who pens the most shots wins by a long shot due to the snowball effect.

Gold is needed to remove stupid RNG from the equation in the short range engagement scenarios. That said, gold is not the answer to everything. There are still many tanks which when positioned or angled correctly are immune to gold. You can consider those tanks as armored tanks. Every tank that bounces AP reliably but is cheese to gold, needs to be treated as a paper tank which takes dings occasionally.You just have to git gud and accept the fact that some tanks look like they have armor when in fact they don't and assume everyone has gold loaded when you expose your non-paper tank.

The only thing left is to manage the economy. Gold spamming is expensive, but if you either pay for premium account, grind credits or are smart about when you shoot gold and when you don't, making a profit is not even that hard. 

Reduce RNG and THEN remove gold?

(I know, too simple. It came to mind so I just had to throw the idea out there.)

I did prefer it when gold ammo was paid for with gold and hardly ever used.  Sure it meant you couln't pen some tanks unless you flanked or got lucky, but at least back then heavies played as heavies, etc.

The game has evolved too much to go back to this and there is no solution that will please everyone.

One thing for sure is that if they keep adding OPd premiums the possibilities for some kind of solution gets more and more unlikely.

Designing premiums that were better than the tech tree tanks was their biggest error (opinion)

pihip #38 Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16337 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 09 October 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

Any nerf to gold ammo is a buff to heavily armored tanks. Imagine special ammo that has less penetration, but deals more damage. That's a great feature for the paper tanks in the game, that already are so hard to play well.

Although excessive goldspamming is imo just dumb and unbalanced, it has become a vital part of this game. If you believe it isn't, I wish you all the luck against a Maus, 279e or Jagdpz E100.

The changes you propose are rather easy to execute, but you don't know to what it leads. Games full of well-armoured heavy tanks trying to pen eachother. Meanwhile arta and TDs become more popular because nothing else can properly deal with all that armor. Would become an even bigger mess this way.

IMHO, a significant nerf (like lowering damage and/or drastically increasing shell price, possibly both) or even a removal of gold ammo is necessary for this game to regain some health.

That said, so long as we have tanks that are balanced around the gold meta/abuse, such ammo changes cannot be implemented, otherwise it's as you say and any heavily armored tank will get a massive buff in survivability, which they do not need.

fwhaatpiraat #39 Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61353 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postchainreact0r, on 10 October 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

It has not much to do with RNG. 430U against E100 turret would penetrate close to 0 times (only when he is above the E100, negating the slope on the turret). With heat the E100 turret is a giant piece of cheese. In most cases shooting premium shells is just to have a better shell. Also, any tank against the 430U has not much chance to penetrate the turret or upper hull of that well balanced tank. With heat it becomes different.

N_Sask_R #40 Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18101 battles
I drive a lot of paper box tanks, spamming gold at me doesn't help kill me really, against the tanks it matters people would still use it, against the rest of us it never mattered so I see no problem with gold spamming other then it makes it less frustrating and keeps them from having to think about one minor and I suppose dull detail.  If they are purchasing credits with real world currency, great, they are paying WG staff's wages, paying for future development of the game and maintaining server space etc, thank you gold spammers for your contribution to the game I enjoy!  I doubt I've fired 1% of my rounds as gold rounds but there are times I wish I'd loaded a few, to each their own.  (my vote is a quote..."frankly Scarlet, I don't.....care"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users