Gold (Premium) ammo spam needs to stop.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Gold spam has to stop (189 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

How should we change the gold ammo?

1. Remove gold (premium) ammo all togheter and make weak spots on tanks. (62 votes [27.43%])

Percentage of vote: 27.43%

2. Limit the amount of gold (premium) ammo carried by each tank to say 10-20% (60 votes [26.55%])

Percentage of vote: 26.55%

3. Leave it as is, but don't count the damage done with gold (premium) ammo, towards any awards, marks of exellance, experiance and credits (22 votes [9.73%])

Percentage of vote: 9.73%

4. Leave it as is, and let all the spammers continue their gold spam (56 votes [24.78%])

Percentage of vote: 24.78%

5. Use this if none of the above is what you want (26 votes [11.50%])

Percentage of vote: 11.50%

Vote Hide poll

tajj7 #41 Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 11 October 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

It has not much to do with RNG. 430U against E100 turret would penetrate close to 0 times (only when he is above the E100, negating the slope on the turret). With heat the E100 turret is a giant piece of cheese. In most cases shooting premium shells is just to have a better shell. Also, any tank against the 430U has not much chance to penetrate the turret or upper hull of that well balanced tank. With heat it becomes different.

E100 though is kind of the poster boy for the premium ammo complaints (and to a less extent the JpE100), but the E100 is not the typical tier 10 armoured tank, most of them either have a lot of the tank immune to whatever ammo your fire (like IS7 or T95/FV4201) coupled with non-existent or tiny weakspots, or you have tanks with 'weakspots' that basically need premium ammo for actual reliable chance to pen like Maus, Type 5, Bobject, 279e, lower down T95, Tortoise, VK 100.01P, T28, Defender, all of those tanks have 'weak spots' that are not really weakspots and still are at best 50/50 or worst to same tier or -1 tier standard ammo, meaning you basically need premium ammo to reliably pen them.

Like bobject has a 230 plus cupola, T95 as 230mm plus cupolas and a 250 effective lower plate, Defender has like a 220 effective lower plate, VK 100.01 P has a 225 effective cupola, Maus has 260mm effective cheeks, Type 5's 240-250 cupola etc. 

E100 is really one of the few tanks where premium ammo opens up a whole new easy to pen against area that you are not supposed to easily pen, or at least I don;t think was originally designed for you to pen. Most other tanks premium ammo if you are lucky might pen somewhere where you might not be able to pen (like say IS7 upper hull).

There is now a whole host of tanks in game where I know if they appear and I want to pen most of my shots whilst still aiming at a very specific area, I will need premium ammo, otherwise I am penning 50/50 or even worse. 

chainreact0r #42 Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36681 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 11 October 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

It has not much to do with RNG. 430U against E100 turret would penetrate close to 0 times (only when he is above the E100, negating the slope on the turret). With heat the E100 turret is a giant piece of cheese. In most cases shooting premium shells is just to have a better shell. Also, any tank against the 430U has not much chance to penetrate the turret or upper hull of that well balanced tank. With heat it becomes different.

Technically, you shouldn't be able to pen E-100's turret since that is not a viable weakspot. The fact that gold goes through it like cheese when unangled is an unfortunate byproduct of game balance.

However, if you were to shoot at an E-100's actual weakspots, aka a perfectly angled lower plate, it becomes RNGif you roll enough pen for either the roadwheel or the actual lower plate. However heat removes the rng of the lower plate and apcr the rng of the roadwheel, which is completely fair since exposing those weakspots is a mistake which deserves punishment.

The other weakspot which i didn't mention is the police bar. The way that the rng of hitting it is negated is by turning the whole of the turret into a police bar with gold:trollface:

strv_varjager #43 Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6928 battles

Leave it as is, but don't count the damage done with gold (premium) ammo, towards any awards, marks of exellance, experiance and credits

That sounds like a good idea, another thing i have thought about is that gold ammo should only be available on stock guns.

Ragnaguard #44 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 58341 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

but they r fixing it! almost a year now!!!! why u grow impatient? they earn form gold ammo... as firing gold like crazy demands premium (not unified as stated once) account..... and guess what u need  for a full premium account for ur games....

nomatter what marketing tries to convice us for... the economy department dictates how the company moves

edit: so nice u left ALL poll option open so i could vote for ALL of them...... i believe the poll will better reflect the truth now... seriously i voted ALL opetions... adjust the poll  options maybe?

Edited by Ragnaguard, 12 October 2019 - 03:13 PM.

Krazy_Kalle #45 Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18362 battles
  • [VIECH] VIECH

The idea WG already had with reducing the damage of premium ammo seemed like a good start to me.

Premium ammo should be removed as a whole and just replace it with balanced rounds.

AP - average speed, average pen, average dmg, goes through destructable objects and spaced armor

APCR - Fast, High Pen, low damage, goes through destructable objects and spaced armor
HEAT - Slow, high pen, average dmg, does no go through destructable objects and spaced armor

HE - slow, low pen, high damage, does no go through destructable objects and spaced armor

And so on. Maybe add something more?

As far as I understood the wiki for HESH or HEP for example, this ammonition isnt supposed to pen a tank, rather just explode on the surface.

This is just an example, not my final idea about that.

As for many other topics, there are plenty of options to balance things. WG could for example take a look at how things work over at War Thunder. As far as I remember, there you have different types of ammo, non "premium" and everyone has their special purpose.

EDIT:

And I would reduce the damage HE does on non-penetrations a lot. I know it's frustrating to not be able of penetrating a tanks turret or something. But it is at least as frustrating as well to be in a well armored tank and getting slowly taken out by everyone firing HE, sometimes with huge damage numbers. 

Edited by Krazy_Kalle, 17 October 2019 - 11:15 AM.

Inappropriate_noob #46 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 18995 battles
  • [KV1] KV1
May I ask what WG response is to this very important demand?

vasilinhorulezz #47 Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29047 battles
Premium ammo cannot get nerfed, it requires a complete overhaul to armor, ammunition, map design in order to make changes that will not over buff superheavies, because of the removal of weakspots and 50/50 chance penetrations, in combination with the accuracy nerf that made heavies already stronger.

LZ_Mordan #48 Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21828 battles

i played 1200 games with Maus and never complained about pen problems.

Aim weakspot. 

Maus vs Maus battle would be fun if only gold ammo was limited to a few round for those really needed situations... game would be a lot more fun.

tarhon #49 Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25628 battles

Why it feels even with the new tests that WG is not understanding that gold/special ammo must be nerfed because there are people who just spam those shells? 

Starts to be frustrating when you see people who bounce 1 shell and switch to gold. Where is the fun when you know that if you don't spam back those gold/special ammunition that you are going to loose, no matter the skill?

Predator295 #50 Posted 08 May 2020 - 11:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5114 battles
i dont think it needs a nerf in terms of pen or damage. They should just limit how much u can take to battle. Imagine 2 maus shooting at each other while exposing their strongest armor... now imagine that on a wider scale where heavies like maus ,object 279e and chieftain are troll bouncing each other. Also lowering pen or damage will not solve the problem at all, brain dead prem rounds spammers will just continue to spam it, but they cant actually spam it if they have only few. Instead they will be forced to use it wisely. Also nerfing prem rounds in terms of pen or damage should limit matchmaking to same tier only otherwise it wont be fair for the lower tier players .

Edited by Predator295, 09 May 2020 - 12:03 AM.

WingedArchon #51 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11727 battles

View PostKrazy_Kalle, on 17 October 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

The idea WG already had with reducing the damage of premium ammo seemed like a good start to me.

Premium ammo should be removed as a whole and just replace it with balanced rounds.

AP - average speed, average pen, average dmg, goes through destructable objects and spaced armor

APCR - Fast, High Pen, low damage, goes through destructable objects and spaced armor
HEAT - Slow, high pen, average dmg, does no go through destructable objects and spaced armor

HE - slow, low pen, high damage, does no go through destructable objects and spaced armor

And so on. Maybe add something more?

As far as I understood the wiki for HESH or HEP for example, this ammonition isnt supposed to pen a tank, rather just explode on the surface.

This is just an example, not my final idea about that.

As for many other topics, there are plenty of options to balance things. WG could for example take a look at how things work over at War Thunder. As far as I remember, there you have different types of ammo, non "premium" and everyone has their special purpose.

EDIT:

And I would reduce the damage HE does on non-penetrations a lot. I know it's frustrating to not be able of penetrating a tanks turret or something. But it is at least as frustrating as well to be in a well armored tank and getting slowly taken out by everyone firing HE, sometimes with huge damage numbers. 

Whenever the Gold Ammo thing comes up I also recall this being mentioned somewhere. and I also rather liked the idea.

StronkiTonki #52 Posted 09 May 2020 - 04:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36283 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST
Nice necromancing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users