81 replies to this topic

barison1 #21 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44385 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostArgedeava, on 10 October 2019 - 05:48 AM, said:

To OP:

Almost all replies here are trolls. You can recognize then by their infinite faith in WG.

They insult everyone not praising WG, and are supported by moderators.

Welkome to the forum.

are you talking about yourself?

no one here is praising wg but just stating simple facts what could have happened etc and not some feel based tinfoil thoughts of constant complains that the game is rigged against them, it simply doesnt work like that

4nt #22 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29580 battles

View Postbarison1, on 10 October 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

are you talking about yourself?

no one here is praising wg but just stating simple facts what could have happened etc and not some feel based tinfoil thoughts of constant complains that the game is rigged against them, it simply doesnt work like that

He is. Once again White Knight in tinfoil armor rides forth and slanders freely. Him talking about rules exemptions is just rubbing it into common forumites face.

Stevies_Team #23 Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14644 battles

I've got WoTs extra special mk10 troll RNG this morning

Every perfectly aimed shot is a miss

Tactics for 30 mins now three 2 hour reserves have been enabled?

Drive out and die

Drive out and die

Drive out and die

Even my primo can't hit spit at 150 metres

We live and learn when we play WoT eh

That's why I do mediums and lights and hate heavies, you can achieve a better churn rate when the RNG Troll picks on ya

Edited by Stevies_Team, 10 October 2019 - 09:03 AM.

Jauhesammutin #24 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23669 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

How about the times when you have had a perfect side shot on a light with a 155mm gun, and for some reason it bounces. That should not even be possible.

This sentence alone tells me that you don't know how the game mechanics work. Don't blame RNG for your ignorance.

Spurtung #25 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74879 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostStevies_Team, on 10 October 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

I've got WoTs extra special mk10 troll RNG this morning

Every perfectly aimed shot is a miss

Tactics for 30 mins now three 2 hour reserves have been enabled?

Drive out and die

Drive out and die

Drive out and die

Even my primo can't hit spit at 150 metres

We live and learn when we play WoT eh

That's why I do mediums and lights and hate heavies, you can achieve a better churn rate when the RNG Troll picks on ya

I can only say you're in the right team.

Dorander #26 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostArgedeava, on 10 October 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

To OP:

Almost all replies here are trolls. You can recognize then by their infinite faith in WG.

Welkome to the forum.

Ironically the only poster in this thread who's posted an insult, is you. And it may be moderated. Not because moderators support people like me, but because of the forum rules.

You can make the entire same argument.... no wait, you can't, because there's nothing in there that isn't an ad hominem. You can make a lot of arguments in favour of OP's position that don't get moderated, and for evidence of that there's threads full of them totalling dozens of pages. If only you knew how, you wouldn't need to victimize yourself every time you willingly break a rule.

Edited by Dorander, 10 October 2019 - 11:38 AM.

jabster #27 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDorander, on 10 October 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

Ironically the only poster in this thread who's posted an insult, is you. And yes, I am going to report you for it, and yes it will probably be moderated. Not because moderators support people like me, but because you're in clear violation of the forum rules and I'm not.

You can make the entire same argument.... no wait, you can't, because there's nothing in there that isn't an ad hominem. You can make a lot of arguments in favour of OP's position that don't get moderated, and for evidence of that there's threads full of them totalling dozens of pages. If only you knew how, you wouldn't need to victimize yourself every time you willingly break a rule.

Well technically saying you’ve reported someone is against the forum rules :)

Edited by jabster, 10 October 2019 - 09:24 AM.

Baldrickk #28 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Nope, again RNG was smiling in my face, to fully aimed shots after each other missed, distance maybe 200 meters, that's not even possible. There is something that makes it miss, it's not RNG, it's programed

Wow, a streak of two...

That's statistically irrelevant

08:54 Added after 1 minute

View PostArgedeava, on 10 October 2019 - 05:48 AM, said:

To OP:

Welkome to the forum.

So I'm good then? I mean,  I wrote a replay analyser to see if there was any rigging.

In which case... OP is mistaken/talking out of his rear

Argedeava #29 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39588 battles
  • [SKUT] SKUT

View PostDorander, on 10 October 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

You can make a lot of arguments in favour of OP's position that don't get moderated, and for evidence of that there's threads full of them totalling dozens of pages. If only you knew how, you wouldn't need to victimize yourself every time you willingly break a rule.

I know i can but i don`t. I also know trolls can insult everyone and dont get moderated. I also know some trolls are same with moderator. I also know i will not miss anything.

I`m sorry i upset people but i just can`t pretend i don`t see.

Edited by Argedeava, 10 October 2019 - 09:56 AM.

Gkirmathal #30 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8602 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD
I am still waiting for the day some genius coder creates a mod that analyses and locally registers live gameplay data for elements like: shot distribution (of where shots land at any state of the aim circle), pen rng rolls and DMG rng rolls.

With the absence of such an analyses mod gathering hard data, all current 'data & evidence' is just gut feelings, circumstantial observation at best and thus non conclusive.

But it could be enough, do someone to write a tool to analyse this aspect as well. Just like Baldrick did for team/player balances.

Edited by Gkirmathal, 10 October 2019 - 09:55 AM.

malachi6 #31 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50929 battles

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

That doesn't happen even close to the same amount as the other, but I do get set on fire a lot and the ammo rack seems to break quiet frequently. But the amont of times I manage to do that to my opponets is by far less.

You missed my question.  Given you do not even consider the existence of positive RNG, is your position reasonable?

Stevies_Team #32 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14644 battles

The fact that WoT don't do proper open competitions is enough proof of jiggery pokery

Still fun to play though

Edited by Stevies_Team, 10 October 2019 - 10:04 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #33 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34420 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostArgedeava, on 10 October 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

I know i can but i don`t. I also know trolls can insult everyone and dont get moderated. I also know some trolls are same with moderator. I also know i will not miss anything.

Do you also agree with OP that it is not possible to miss a shot from 200m when only 80% covered by the reticle? 

Argedeava #34 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39588 battles
  • [SKUT] SKUT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 10 October 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

Do you also agree with OP that it is not possible to miss a shot from 200m when only 80% covered by the reticle? 

I feel a bit of shame and disgust when i play any tank and i have a Tiger 1 or a Tiger 2 in gunsight.

Echotun #35 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22586 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostKalonianhydra, on 09 October 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

RNG in this game isn't RNG.

How many times have you missed a target even if you are fully aimed?
And that's even when you have about 80% of the target covered. Or when you have around 70-80% covered, but the shot still goes in a spot where i doesn't hit.

How about the times when you have had a perfect side shot on a light with a 155mm gun, and for some reason it bounces. That should not even be possible.

And the wheeled tanks, you shoot and hit with 155mm gun and they get a puncture. [edited]they need to change a lot in this game.

The RNG [edited]is strong at the moment.

I think its pretty safe to say that WG dont give a crap about how you perform in any given battle. 

Dorander #36 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postjabster, on 10 October 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

Well technically saying you’ve reported someone is against the forum rules :)

Point taken, edit made.:hiding:

10:41 Added after 2 minute

View PostArgedeava, on 10 October 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

You're not upsetting. You're tedious, because you don't see. If you saw, you could point at something that's visible, but you're only pointing at your own head every time, because those ideas only live in there, not in observable reality.

10:46 Added after 7 minute

View PostGkirmathal, on 10 October 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

I am still waiting for the day some genius coder creates a mod that analyses and locally registers live gameplay data for elements like: shot distribution (of where shots land at any state of the aim circle), pen rng rolls and DMG rng rolls.

With the absence of such an analyses mod gathering hard data, all current 'data & evidence' is just gut feelings, circumstantial observation at best and thus non conclusive.

But it could be enough, do someone to write a tool to analyse this aspect as well. Just like Baldrick did for team/player balances.

Shot distribution and penrolls aren't provided to the client so can't be analysed in this manner, however players have done experiments and consequentially data analysis mostly on shot distribution. Damagerolls AFAIK can be recorded as that information is provided to the client, perhaps Baldrickk can integrate that into his tool if he hasn't already, either way every time that subject has come up and people started actually tracking all values, people found an average at or near the listed alpha value. You can easily try that yourself, turn on damage logs, divide your total damage by number of penetrating shots.

If you want to learn about shot distribution you can google the experiments, I'm getting tired of doing the work for "sceptics". People who think there's a rigging system have the burden of proof but provide nothing every time, people who don't accept that belief provide counter-evidence and it gets ignored because it's not palatable or presented enough. It's just argumentum ad nauseam.

jabster #37 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDorander, on 10 October 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

Point taken, edit made.:hiding:

10:41 Added after 2 minute

You're not upsetting. You're tedious, because you don't see. If you saw, you could point at something that's visible, but you're only pointing at your own head every time, because those ideas only live in there, not in observable reality.

10:46 Added after 7 minute

Shot distribution and penrolls aren't provided to the client so can't be analysed in this manner, however players have done experiments and consequentially data analysis mostly on shot distribution. Damagerolls AFAIK can be recorded as that information is provided to the client, perhaps Baldrickk can integrate that into his tool if he hasn't already, either way every time that subject has come up and people started actually tracking all values, people found an average at or near the listed alpha value. You can easily try that yourself, turn on damage logs, divide your total damage by number of penetrating shots.

If you want to learn about shot distribution you can google the experiments, I'm getting tired of doing the work for "sceptics". People who think there's a rigging system have the burden of proof but provide nothing every time, people who don't accept that belief provide counter-evidence and it gets ignored because it's not palatable or presented enough. It's just argumentum ad nauseam.

I’m not sure you can easily automate analysis of damage rolls as you need to discount any roll that couldn’t do maximum damage, so kill shots and shots at a tank with less hp’s than the maximum damage possible.

Dorander #38 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postjabster, on 10 October 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

I’m not sure you can easily automate analysis of damage rolls as you need to discount any roll that couldn’t do maximum damage, so kill shots and shots at a tank with less hp’s than the maximum damage possible.

True, you'd need to account for that, it'd also run into issues with HE calculations as those are a bit obscure. But for non-killshot AP/APCR/HEAT pens, you can do it just fine, and I'd wager those encompass the majority of the data.

zsplintersz #39 Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2088 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 10 October 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

2 warning points prevents me from answering this as I would like.

what happens with 3 warning points?

They are giving that away like candy...

Argedeava #40 Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39588 battles
  • [SKUT] SKUT

View Postzsplintersz, on 10 October 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

what happens with 3 warning points?

They are giving that away like candy...

Trolls hate light, fresh air and truth. They prefer their own smell and hate anything that disturbs their anaerobic developement. The warning are there to apeace them.

Also tagged with RNG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users