Jump to content


RNG is not RNG

RNG

  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

barison1 #61 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:45 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 45112 battles
  • 2,523
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostGremlin182, on 12 October 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

The game uses software to simulate what happens when a shell hits and its not always perfect.

Sometimes you fire a shell at a tank knowing perfectly well that given the penetration and damage of that shell and the armour of the target its a kill.

It always should be a kill rng or no rng.

 

20mm or armour cannot stop a 120 mm shell with 200 pen except sometimes in the game it does, not often I grant you but it does happen.

They determine that it hit the tracks and was absorbed somehow.

We all know that in reality it should have gone through those tracks and the hull anything inside the vehicle out the other side of the tank through those tracks and buried itself in the ground several hundred meters away.

Its a game and there are flaws, reality to me says I cannot keep shooting the wheel of a tank and continue to do damage until the tank runs out of hit points or that a shell hitting a cupola will destroy the optics and may deflect down into the tank but is just as likely to rip that cupola apart and do minimal damage to the tank itself.

 

If you want shells to nearly always hit what you aim at and do realistic damage then you need to play a tank simlator not a semi realistic tank game.

Most of the time the shells do what they are supposed to do, but not always.

 

a 120mm shell will overmatch 20mm armor unless it is HEAT fired at 85 deg+ angle then it autoricochets

 

if the 20mm armor is overmatched/penned it will cause dmg to the vehichle assuming it is main hitbox, if it is spaced it still needs to hit the actual hull still it can get more tricky, wheels can still absorb it or bouncing off the main armor or not connecting to the actual hull by having the shell go underneat the hull or behind the hull etc, which was quite the case with old bc25t model where the rear exhausts were spaced armor and would cause 0 dmg hits quite alot there


Edited by barison1, 12 October 2019 - 11:46 AM.


Dorander #62 Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View Postbarison1, on 12 October 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

a 120mm shell will overmatch 20mm armor unless it is HEAT fired at 85 deg+ angle then it autoricochets

 

if the 20mm armor is overmatched/penned it will cause dmg to the vehichle assuming it is main hitbox, if it is spaced it still needs to hit the actual hull still it can get more tricky, wheels can still absorb it or bouncing off the main armor or not connecting to the actual hull by having the shell go underneat the hull or behind the hull etc, which was quite the case with old bc25t model where the rear exhausts were spaced armor and would cause 0 dmg hits quite alot there

 

Wait a sec, are you saying that for AP and APCR the ricochet effect is nullified by the overmatch mechanic but for HEAT it isn't?



barison1 #63 Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:17 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 45112 battles
  • 2,523
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostDorander, on 12 October 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

 

Wait a sec, are you saying that for AP and APCR the ricochet effect is nullified by the overmatch mechanic but for HEAT it isn't?


not sure what you mean but AP has overmatch mechanics, heat doesnt, jge100 can bounce his HEAT off a scorpion, which is pretty lels to do in teamtraining

 

back in the old LT mm days i even had a e100 bounce his HEAT off muh t71 LT, happened twice. guess he wasnt too pleased with it


Edited by barison1, 12 October 2019 - 04:18 PM.


Dorander #64 Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View Postbarison1, on 12 October 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:


not sure what you mean but AP has overmatch mechanics, heat doesnt, jge100 can bounce his HEAT off a scorpion, which is pretty lels to do in teamtraining

 

back in the old LT mm days i even had a e100 bounce his HEAT off muh t71 LT, happened twice. guess he wasnt too pleased with it

 

Gah. I keep forgetting that HEAT doesn't overmatch. Probably because for all other purposes it functions exactly the same as AP/APCR. Ignore my brainfart, thanks.



Argedeava #65 Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41361 battles
  • 703
  • [SKUT] SKUT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 12 October 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Good grief.......do you know anything at all about how businesses start up, especially in the online gaming world?


Yes. It has nothing to do with the premade texts like this one:

View PostBaldrickk, on 12 October 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

 What are you on about?

What's an open competition? You're agreeing with an undefined term. 

 

If the game became popular die to people seeing the game for what it is why can't they continue to do so?

 

Premium has always been in the game.  Or was made by a business, businesses need to make money. 

It used to be worse.  Gold ammo cost gold. Three man platoons required premium...

 

And yes,  if no-one pays anything, then yes, the game dies be cause it costs money to run. And the company wants to make money because it's a company. 

Just ignore the first  paragraph where he pretends he doesn`t understand.


Edited by Argedeava, 12 October 2019 - 04:39 PM.


barison1 #66 Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:42 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 45112 battles
  • 2,523
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostDorander, on 12 October 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

 

Gah. I keep forgetting that HEAT doesn't overmatch. Probably because for all other purposes it functions exactly the same as AP/APCR. Ignore my brainfart, thanks.


well its easy to forget that it doesnt overmatch due to extreme angle needed to bounce, which makes it near overmatch like, besides we all tend to forget things, it makes us human afterall


Edited by barison1, 12 October 2019 - 04:42 PM.


BravelyRanAway #67 Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24709 battles
  • 12,483
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostArgedeava, on 12 October 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

Just ignore the first  paragraph where he pretends he doesn`t understand.

But he's right and you don't understand.



Dorander #68 Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostArgedeava, on 12 October 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:


Yes. It has nothing to do with the premade texts like this one:

Just ignore the first  paragraph where he pretends he doesn`t understand.

 

It's just really difficult to understand your non sequiturs and imaginary economics and we're desperately trying to find the point, sometimes I think out of sheer generousity.



Kalonianhydra #69 Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30681 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
RNG is something that is manipulated by WG, people that contribute to the game more will have better RNG. Both in battles and in, for example, Loot boxes.

No wonder some people hit every shot even without aiming.

barison1 #70 Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:01 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 45112 battles
  • 2,523
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostKalonianhydra, on 15 October 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

RNG is something that is manipulated by WG, people that contribute to the game more will have better RNG. Both in battles and in, for example, Loot boxes.

No wonder some people hit every shot even without aiming.


considering you are a 54%er and with your logic you have paid quite a sum of money to wg then?

 

if you ever looked how shot distrubition goes there is a chance to hit dead center with 0 aim, just because it is non aimed doesnt mean all shots only hug the border of your aim circle



Kalonianhydra #71 Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30681 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View Postbarison1, on 15 October 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:


considering you are a 54%er and with your logic you have paid quite a sum of money to wg then?

 

if you ever looked how shot distrubition goes there is a chance to hit dead center with 0 aim, just because it is non aimed doesnt mean all shots only hug the border of your aim circle

To me it's still somewhat inconsistent, even if I know what RNG stands for, I still think it doesn't make sense when a stationary tank, fully aimed misses a tank coming at you at full speed, but the tank driving can hit you. Regardless of tank. The wheeled tanks are so good at this, the EBR 75 is very good, it's unreal. If you take another light tank with the same caliber gun you will not have the same hit rate as the wheeled ones.

And the chance that a shot goes close to the outer edge when fully aimed should be very low. And doing it twice should be second to none.

It's these situations that angers me. I know there have to be some dispersion, but lately it's been ridiculous bad.

One more thing, the difference between a high and low damage roll is to high. If you have a gun with 400 awg damage, the roll can still differ with over 200 damage. I think that is too big. 
 



Dorander #72 Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostKalonianhydra, on 15 October 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

RNG is something that is manipulated by WG, people that contribute to the game more will have better RNG. Both in battles and in, for example, Loot boxes.

No wonder some people hit every shot even without aiming.

 

Any evidence? I'm guessing as usual, none whatsoever.

 

Counterevidence? Plenty. Can I use Noobyskooby again? Or perhaps Angelofawe's FTP experiment?



Kalonianhydra #73 Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30681 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostDorander, on 15 October 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

 

Any evidence? I'm guessing as usual, none whatsoever.

 

Counterevidence? Plenty. Can I use Noobyskooby again? Or perhaps Angelofawe's FTP experiment?

Prove me wrong



jabster #74 Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • 26,549
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostKalonianhydra, on 15 October 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Prove me wrong

 

My cat is a space alien from Mars sent to spy on us. Prove me wrong.



rustysprite #75 Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 23419 battles
  • 2,745
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View Postjabster, on 15 October 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

 

My cat is a space alien from Mars sent to spy on us. Prove me wrong.

 

I have seen your cat.... I am a  believer ...

 



Kalonianhydra #76 Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30681 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View Postjabster, on 15 October 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

 

My cat is a space alien from Mars sent to spy on us. Prove me wrong.

Maybe we should talk about things that acctualy could happen.



Dorander #77 Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostKalonianhydra, on 15 October 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Prove me wrong

 

Player who pays a lot: https://worldoftanks...19-NoobySkooby/

Player who's free to play with corresponding thread containing reports due to people making the exact same nonsense claims for years:

https://worldoftanks...-F2PeditedLion/

http://forum.worldof...nished/#topmost

 

This is already above and beyond what you deserves. You have the burden of proof. You provide zero evidence. You get counter-evidence anyway. You are absolutely, utterly wrong.

17:31 Added after 1 minute

View PostKalonianhydra, on 15 October 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Maybe we should talk about things that acctualy could happen.

 

By your own standards you haven't proven that it can't be the case. Have fun with your own lack of reasoning.



Kalonianhydra #78 Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30681 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostDorander, on 15 October 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

 

Player who pays a lot: https://worldoftanks...19-NoobySkooby/

Player who's free to play with corresponding thread containing reports due to people making the exact same nonsense claims for years:

https://worldoftanks...-F2PeditedLion/

http://forum.worldof...nished/#topmost

 

This is already above and beyond what you deserves. You have the burden of proof. You provide zero evidence. You get counter-evidence anyway. You are absolutely, utterly wrong.

17:31 Added after 1 minute

 

By your own standards you haven't proven that it can't be the case. Have fun with your own lack of reasoning.

Find stats from moderators and such.



Dorander #79 Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostKalonianhydra, on 15 October 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

Find stats from moderators and such.

 

No, you provide any evidence first. You've already been refuted by counter-examples that wouldn't be possible under your assumptions. Do your own work, or don't and just be another tinfoil hatter.



4nt #80 Posted 15 October 2019 - 07:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30166 battles
  • 1,612
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostKalonianhydra, on 15 October 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Find stats from moderators and such.

It appears you haven't looked at mods stats, otherwise you wouldn't have tried to use it to back your argument up... 

 

Anyway, even using CCs as example fails. Taking circon, foch, qb as example, they were better 10% even before becoming CCs (and in few cases are still after quitting CC Job). Also, Jingles was average at best before being CC, was average at best during his tenure, and is still average at best.

 

So with even that venue closed, your claim appears to be on very shaky legs.







Also tagged with RNG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users