How do you T-10?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

wEight_Tanker #1 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11539 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
Finally. Luckily the IS-3 is hella fun to play, therefore I had the guts to grind both 257 and now the T-10. Aside from 257, which I know to be a hell of an trollish armored vehicle with a good standard shell (the gun isn't bad). Now, we're on the exact opposite, right? What do I expect from the T-10? Everything I wouldn't expect from the 257? No armor, pog gun (although no apcr for standard) and heavium mobility? Tips are more than appreciated!

Pansenmann #2 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I sold the IS-8 two times back then.

never tried again so far.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

No APCR on the T-10 and not a very good shell velocity BUT 258mm AP is way better than 248mm APCR.

The T-10 is by no means a bad tank, it just needs a certain play style. Forget about the typical heavy game play and try to avoid being shot altogether. Take good positions and support your team exactly like the medium you are.

Get used to going hull down with the little gun depression you have (5°;). It's possible on a lot of maps and will be annoying as hell to the enemy team because you aren't just a tiny medium with a 240 popgun. The alpha is very respectable at 440 and you have 340mm HEAT pen.

When hull down keep moving so it's hard for the enemy to snipe your cupolas. That will also help mitigate arty damage. Arty can and will pen you for 750 or 1k if you gave them a good shot at you.

Use your speed to get out of any bad situation. If you see things going bad in your flank you've the speed and you can escape. Same thing if your flank stalls, switch flanks.

This is going to be a bit vague but holding back doesn't mean to snipe until the last moment of the battle. If you feel, and count, that there is an opening in the enemy's positions. Attack and use your speed and view range (400m) to destroy that flank.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Gun and turret is the focus here vs the 257. Mobility is just a great tool to get the shots you need, or even react to the map. You can take aggressive spots depending on what armor the enemy has, but it's not always ideal. As if you are up vs super heavies like the Type 4 etc, you play it a bit more patiently and support your armor if you still decide to go the HT lane. If there is no arty or HE derps. It will do rather well on a ridgeline or behind debris on urban maps etc vs most guns hull down at med to long-range. Tho keep in mind the roof plate is 40mm, so large calibers if lucky can overmatch it. So don't fight vs guns on a higher angle vs you if you can avoid it. It's why it's not a big fan of arty either. So if there is arty, never stand still on your support spots if you know he is aiming in your area on open maps.

The hull as you guessed won't bounce much on the HT lane, and don't really like arty hits either. The gun is not amazing, but the pen is reliable and the dispersion is not terrible, so it can do the odd snap here and there around a corner at close range.

Oldewolfe #5 Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 531 battles

T-10 is one of the Better Mediums in the Game to be Honest.....     I know what the Job Title says, but that's almost Suicide these days really....

When I had been Grinding thru Mine, I had a 4 or 5 Skill Crew which Simplified things somewhat....     Played I don't know how many games being a Heavy before my Brain got hold of the Notion the Line is Fat Mediums, not really Heavies.....     Once I switched Play Styles, the IS7 was in the Garage, just in time for WG to Butcher the Lines and make me Grind 3 more Tanks.....       lol

And yes, I carried a Healthy Dose of HEAT Shells on board, especially when the Spremium Shells became the Primary Load on most Tanks.....        Seemed only fair to Return the Favor when they sent me their Unwanted Gold....

Baldrickk #6 Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
You're basically a big medium.
Play it that way.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

You're a medium with armour. Go fight with the other meds. 

Ceeb #8 Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33239 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

T-10 is a really good tank, more of a Heavium than a heavy, if you're top tier and your opposite number is a true heavy, I would play with the mediums, you're just as fast, better armoured and have a gun that hurts.

Go with the Mediums.

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

I'm not sure how the T-10 has stood up to the test of time, it's an old tank at this stage and there's been so many powerful tanks introduced to higher tiers since it's last offering of stats. Back when I played it, a long time ago, it was a pretty good tank and fun to play. If you find the 257 armor to be really bad then the T-10 is going to feel even worse. You never play a T-10 to make it's armor a thing though, as pointed out above, it's very much like a medium tank but the difference is you have a bigger punching gun compared to a medium tank with bigger pen values, never really need the 2 key much. It also has more hp than a medium tank so while it's armor is as unreliable as a med, you will have more last and can tank an extra shot or two more than a med can. On the downside, it's still classed as a heavy so will get heavy tank tank MM, it will have bad camo values like a heavy tank so gets spotted and is less flexible at carrying on open maps vs multiple enemies plus, while it's a fairly mobile unit by heavy tank standards, it's not really anything as fast or agile as a decent med, it doesn't accelerate or traverse its hull or turret the way a med can.

It was a very good tank when I played it, probably still is, but it has a unique playstyle that you must learn and adjust too. Also, because the game is heavily stocked with clueless noobs, you can expect to get flamed at by your teammates for not driving idiotically into choke points of maps to brawl with E-100's and Type 4 and other proper heavies and super heavies this tank really can't afford to fight that way. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:26 AM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBaldrickk, on 10 October 2019 - 12:26 AM, said:

You're basically a big medium.
Play it that way.

As I understand from GLO Tactics, you basically just yolo the Medium flank and bully the Mediums.

Baldrickk #11 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 10 October 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

As I understand from GLO Tactics, you basically just yolo the Medium flank and bully the Mediums.

Pretty much,  then flank/hulldown any remaining heavies

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 10 October 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

View PostBaldrickk, on 10 October 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Pretty much,  then flank/hulldown any remaining heavies

lol. Simple as that. :teethhappy:

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:52 AM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 October 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

lol. Simple as that. :teethhappy:

Hilariously, despite a pretty simple way to play, that fits how I play and decent success with the tank, I don't actually enjoy it that much. Funny that.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 10 October 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

Hilariously, despite a pretty simple way to play, that fits how I play and decent success with the tank, I don't actually enjoy it that much. Funny that.

so you just yolo down flanks onto unseen enemies? I highly doubt it and would be confident you never did. It's bad advice and if you did that against a B-C with some of his unseen buddies in the area you're yoloing you'll be heading back to the garage real fast. So however you played it, I very much doubt it was ever that way. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:10 AM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 October 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

so you just yolo down flanks onto unseen enemies? I highly doubt it and would be confident you never did. It's bad advice and if you did that against a B-C with some of his unseen buddies in the area you're yoloing you'll be heading back to the garage real fast. So however you played it, I very much doubt it was ever that way. 

I mean I didn't mean yolo into the enemy 100% literally, I feel like my performance kinda suggests otherwise. Nonetheless, irregardless of how I play it I haven't enjoyed it as much as I expected I would've. Comparably, though that was way back when now and, I greatly enjoyed the IS and IS-3 (bet I wouldn't enjoy them as much nowadays :teethhappy:). Atleast I still have the tank and might actually try and finish the grind, unlike the M46 Patton which I just couldn't enjoy for the life of me and eventually decided to get rid of and move the crew over to the Heavies for my AEP.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:22 AM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

IMO, its mobility is overstimated. It's not that fast, at least not enought to overcome the lack of armour.

The stock grind is easy, especially if you have already unlocked the M62T2 from the IS-4 line, as the stock turret can already mount it.

But apart from that, I still prefere ST-1 and E75 over T-10.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 10 October 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

I mean I didn't mean yolo into the enemy 100% literally, I feel like my performance kinda suggests otherwise. 

Exactly. Don't forget, you are giving advice as a 60% win rate player to a 49% win rate player that would most likely take your yolo suggestion literally and just w key like a lunatic off down some flank lol. Yolo is when a player would take their take, most likely alone, and just push into situations with a really tiny percentage chance of surviving/success and a very high percentage chance of being killed... like when a light tank races across the map into the entire enemy team or a heavy tank makes a push across the open to the other side lol! Sometimes it's calculated and a moment in a battle where doing so is deemed to be worth it for the greater good of the win, sometimes that yolo effort even survives lol. 

I think what you're describing is a very aggressive push, but the difference is that you are expecting a higher percentage chance of success and to survive the engagement, to dominate and crush what you are taking on while accepting that you will most likely take a few shots. That's just aggressive play against soft targets though, not so much "Banzai!!!!" 

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 10 October 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Comparably, though that was way back when now and, I greatly enjoyed the IS and IS-3 (bet I wouldn't enjoy them as much nowadays :teethhappy:). Atleast I still have the tank and might actually try and finish the grind, unlike the M46 Patton which I just couldn't enjoy for the life of me and eventually decided to get rid of and move the crew over to the Heavies for my AEP.

I still have the old T-10 knocking around the garage too along with the 257 and IS-7. Fond memories of the T-10 and I was hoping to get back into the seat now that I have a better PC to play it with and since I'm kinda bored and stopped playing the game, so thought it might reinvigorate my interest but my last experiences with heavy tanks was with the excellent T29, just getting farmed by arty most all battles until I was dead so I don't know... I really don't like arty and this is why I don't play heavies. I know there's lots of city maps and maps where arty aren't so much of a factor but then you get sand river and karelia, all great maps for lights and meds and TDs but for a heavy, I'd rather just leave the battle instead of sitting there stunned and farmed "REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" all battle long. Not good for the health 

Miepie #18 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4753 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 October 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

Don't forget, you are giving advice as a 60% win rate player to a 49% win rate player that would most likely take your yolo suggestion literally and just w key like a lunatic off down some flank lol.  

I don't actually know wEight_Tanker, but from his forum posts he doesn't come across as being that stupid to me? :sceptic:

Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:16 AM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 October 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

I think what you're describing is a very aggressive push, but the difference is that you are expecting a higher percentage chance of success and to survive the engagement, to dominate and crush what you are taking on while accepting that you will most likely take a few shots. That's just aggressive play against soft targets though, not so much "Banzai!!!!" 

Hey now, I'm still permitted to yell "Banzai!" when I charge anyway right? :hiding:

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostMiepie, on 10 October 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

I don't actually know wEight_Tanker, but from his forum posts he doesn't come across as being that stupid to me? :sceptic:

I don't dare to assume anything about anyone so I just put things in place and words to accommodate and cover all possibilities as best I can. 

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 10 October 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hey now, I'm still permitted to yell "Banzai!" when I charge anyway right? :hiding:

:D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users