Jump to content


Wheeled vehicles


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

chinchillah #1 Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28204 battles
  • 207
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

Im wondering how drunk can you be as a dev to even think about implementing craplike this. [edited]15 year olds on ritalin [edited]up the fun for 29 other players. 

If you hit them: 3x crit -> no dmg, are you [edited]serious wg ? 

 

This is the feature everyone was waiting for ! New maps ? better MM ? better balancing ? rework of old tanks ? 

 

Noooo... ->  lets implement [edited]wheel vehicles, so everyone 30+ can go [edited]themself with their slower reaction time. 

 

3x Arty, 3xWheel,6xTD...AWW :) so much fun for the other 3 tanks =) 

 

To be honest, i cant wait for russia "Object EBR"...

 

 

 



Dava_117 #2 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

I was just starting to wonder were the weekly EBR thread was? Thanks for bringing it up.

 

Still, I have absolutely no problem with WV. I like them instead, as they spot all those bushcampers.



Miepie #3 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4753 battles
  • 1,408
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018
...are you saying people older than 30 don't play wheeled vehicles, because they have slow reaction speeds? :popcorn: 

splash_time #4 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13526 battles
  • 690
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostDava_117, on 10 October 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

I was just starting to wonder were the weekly EBR thread was? Thanks for bringing it up.

 

Still, I have absolutely no problem with WV. I like them instead, as they spot all those bushcampers.

 

As Dava said.

They are quite useful in campy maps. 

And also they are hard to play since they lack the WR, they must get close to you, which may ends with losing their tanks. 

Only good players are able to carry the whole game.



chinchillah #5 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28204 battles
  • 207
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostMiepie, on 10 October 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

...are you saying people older than 30 don't play wheeled vehicles, because they have slow reaction speeds? :popcorn: 

Im saying its more difficult to hit them while they fly around you at 70kmh and auto aim...obv everyone can drive them...

13:10 Added after 1 minute

View Postsplash_time, on 10 October 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

 

As Dava said.

They are quite useful in campy maps. 

And also they are hard to play since they lack the WR, they must get close to you, which may ends with losing their tanks. 

Only good players are able to carry the whole game.

if 2 of them go full yolo at the start into enemy base, spotting everyone..the match is almost lost man, everyone trying ta shoot them, nobody is moving....dont tell me you have to be pro gamer for moves like that...obv if you are skilled you can really make these things work..



Balc0ra #6 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postchinchillah, on 10 October 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Im saying its more difficult to hit them while they fly around you at 70kmh and auto aim...obv everyone can drive them...

 

So it's not the old age and reaction times them? As tbh unless you are standing in the open traversing in circles as your way of countering them. Most won't give you much issues once you know they are in our area depending on location. As in you have something to back up vs etc if they come again. As if you know your shell speed, leading on them is not impossible. Or you can wait for him to turn and thus you need less of a lead. But even if you hit then, RNG can still send the shot low to hit the gap behind the wheels more so then armor. So aim high.

 

 



Dava_117 #7 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postchinchillah, on 10 October 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

if 2 of them go full yolo at the start into enemy base, spotting everyone..the match is almost lost man, everyone trying ta shoot them, nobody is moving....dont tell me you have to be pro gamer for moves like that...obv if you are skilled you can really make these things work..

 

The problem is that a move like that don't works 9 out of 10 times. And even when it works, it's mostly due to enemy team ineptitude. As at close range hitting them is not hard.

You can also load HE while travelling to fight zones if you feel an EBR can pop up. HE will deal more damage if pens and if it hit a wheel, will still deal some damage and broke more than a wheel, effectively slowing it down.


Edited by Dava_117, 10 October 2019 - 02:19 PM.


LincolnTank #8 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11176 battles
  • 490
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015
In most games the Vheeled Wehicles chase each other around like lunatics and eventually cripple each other and get picked off. I only very occasionally get ganked now. I find the best tactic is to wait until they’ve murdered each other then carry on

chinchillah #9 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28204 battles
  • 207
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostDava_117, on 10 October 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

 

The problem is that a move like that don't works 9 out of 10 times. And even when it works, it's mostly due to enemy team ineptitude. As at close range hitting them is not hard.

You can also load HE while travelling to fight zones if you feel an EBR can pop up. HE will deal more damage if pens and if it hit a wheel, will still deal some damage and broke more than a wheel, effectively slowing it down.

wow good luck hitting them with HE haha...

 

the thing is, even if you hit them once or twice maybe even three times, you can still do "crit" with no dmg. Why ? is that lazy development or intended to be this way ? 



Inappropriate_noob #10 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17506 battles
  • 5,354
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
So when you get a campy map say like fiery salient, I can't remember the other provka whatever, what IS the best way to play them,because as soon as you crest a ridge, your dead.

splash_time #11 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13526 battles
  • 690
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View Postchinchillah, on 10 October 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

wow good luck hitting them with HE haha...

 

the thing is, even if you hit them once or twice maybe even three times, you can still do "crit" with no dmg. Why ? is that lazy development or intended to be this way ? 

 

We all know what you are trying to say. 

But did WG ever removed any tank when people complained about it in forum since WTF E100? 

No. So, just learn how to play when you see them.

For me, when i see one in open field map on enemy side, i just hide so it doesn't spot me, and when it finally run from taking shoots, i head on to best possible cover to do my job.



Dava_117 #12 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postchinchillah, on 10 October 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

wow good luck hitting them with HE haha...

 

the thing is, even if you hit them once or twice maybe even three times, you can still do "crit" with no dmg. Why ? is that lazy development or intended to be this way ? 

 

Why good luck hitting them with HE?

Many tanks have fast HE, with muzzle speed close to AP. And from short range you need less leading to hit them.

 

About critical hit on wheels, that's because almost half of the Wheels surface doesn't have any armour behind. You need to aim a bit higher than the centre of mass to have reasonable chance to hit the hull, more or less at the turret/hull junction.



chinchillah #13 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28204 battles
  • 207
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostDava_117, on 10 October 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

 

Why good luck hitting them with HE?

Many tanks have fast HE, with muzzle speed close to AP. And from short range you need less leading to hit them.

 

About critical hit on wheels, that's because almost half of the Wheels surface doesn't have any armour behind. You need to aim a bit higher than the centre of mass to have reasonable chance to hit the hull, more or less at the turret/hull junction.

Dude even the face that " you need to aim a bit higher to have reasonable chance to hit the hull" ? how fucked up can a dev team be to create such things...0 armor, 100km/h,auto aim better than any other tank, you have to be almost lucky to hit them and you still have to aim for [edited]spots ? come on man, pls dont tell me you really think those things are an improvement for the game. 



etody77 #14 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76327 battles
  • 1,469
  • [JMA] JMA
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

A good player can counter wheeled

I finished all cars, i wasn't too excited about them

They are fast but...shut HE on them :)

I'd like to have german cars in game too...


Edited by etody77, 10 October 2019 - 02:45 PM.


Dava_117 #15 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:46 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postchinchillah, on 10 October 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Dude even the face that " you need to aim a bit higher to have reasonable chance to hit the hull" ? how fucked up can a dev team be to create such things...0 armor, 100km/h,auto aim better than any other tank, you have to be almost lucky to hit them and you still have to aim for [edited]spots ? come on man, pls dont tell me you really think those things are an improvement for the game. 

 

It's the same as heavily armoured HTs. You can't autoaim them and do damage. Their literally only advantage is that are hard to hit. They sacrifice view range, penetration and armour to be fast and able to hit tanks on the move.

Just use your advantage against them:

If you have fast APCR use it to reduce the needed lead, if you have armour angle up and aim, if you have concealment use it to get better aim while outspotting them. As I said before, use HE if the WV is a priority, so even wheels shots will be more effective. 



chinchillah #16 Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28204 battles
  • 207
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View Postetody77, on 10 October 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

A good player can counter wheeled

I finished all cars, i wasn't too excited about them

They are fast but...shut HE on them :)

I'd like to have german cars in game too...

A good player could encounter 2684 pre nerf as well..doesnt mean it wasnt broke dude....

Im just whining because in my opinion there were much more things to fix,implement or rework instead of launching those vehicles which are, for the avg player a pain in the [edited]. 



etody77 #17 Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76327 battles
  • 1,469
  • [JMA] JMA
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

View Postchinchillah, on 10 October 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

A good player could encounter 2684 pre nerf as well..doesnt mean it wasnt broke dude....

Im just whining because in my opinion there were much more things to fix,implement or rework instead of launching those vehicles which are, for the avg player a pain in the [edited]. 

For bad players, like me, maybe

I played them, but i dont like to keep any of them

they are like Strx, on some maps the winners, on other the dead heroes

sure, the premium car is borken, but standard cars, like all other tanks, are good in hands of a goo player

Btw, i think to rebuy Ru-251, because his pen for HE shell, to have fun with cars



Randomar #18 Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28319 battles
  • 174
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015

:coin:

If Wargaming don't listen to our voices here, they will, for sure, listen to the sound of our wallets, when we open it the next time for World of Tanks.
 
 
 
 
 

-LoL No-

 



Stevies_Team #19 Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14798 battles
  • 1,618
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

:medal:



etody77 #20 Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76327 battles
  • 1,469
  • [JMA] JMA
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

View PostRandomar, on 10 October 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

:coin:

If Wargaming don't listen to our voices here, they will, for sure, listen to the sound of our wallets, when we open it the next time for World of Tanks.
 

 

I have read something like that about...defeners

and 2 weeks later...''When will be defender on sale?'' :)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users