• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

NUKLEAR_SLUG #61 Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

i understand this but the main idea of wot is play the game get t10 be the best surely 

No, it's not a race to tier 10. Find tanks you like, whatever tier that may be and stick with those. It doesn't matter if they're the best tanks, it doesn't matter if everyone else hates them, so long as you like them. 

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #62 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 October 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

No, it's not a race to tier 10. Find tanks you like, whatever tier that may be and stick with those. It doesn't matter if they're the best tanks, it doesn't matter if everyone else hates them, so long as you like them. 

i never said its a race i just said it's the goal

Edit:spelling

16:09 Added after 5 minute

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5053726#ruinberg-the_bunny_gardian-fv4202

that's a normal game in my FV4202 some times i do better sometimes worse

Edited by The_Bunny_Gardian_, 11 October 2019 - 05:04 PM.

JocMeister #63 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28006 battles

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 10 October 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Dear War gaming.
I recently bought my first t9 the Centurion 7/1
i have some upgrades for it i just need the last gun and engine. But well frankly thanks but i HATE it.

every game i have i loose about 10k credits, i don't call this a medium i call it a piece of crap. ITS TOO DAMN SLOW after a year of driving to position i get 1 shot that an [edited]team mate pushes me out the way. I chose to play medium tanks cause i like a fast well armored tank with decent damage. However for its tier the 7/1 has none of this for me its terrible unless you got premium witch i dont any more you will lose soooooooo many credits i went form 1 mil to just 100k in a few days. and the grind is horrific. on top of all that crap unless you got a premium tank which thank [edited]i do you will not be able to play this tank very long.

I have the FV4202 and i love it its the reason i went down this tank line it's fast enough got decent dmg for its tier and has enough armor on turret to not get pinned by anything with a gun. the 7/1 doesn't.
Normally id just accept i dont have it fully upgraded, but even so this tank is horrible and frankly its ruined the game for me so much i just cant be [edited]bothered to log in and play it because know what will happen before it happens. i will lose the game get about 500 dmg get killed in the space of 10 seconds of being spotted and lose 10k credits THERE IS NO POINT. As of right now i'm done. Thanks but i hate it.

Its a very strong tier 9 MT. You just lack the experience with the game and higher tiers to play it properly. As with all MTs (especially higher tier ones) you need a good amount of skill, map knowledge and map awareness to get a good performance. Come back to the Cent when you have understood the basics of the game.

PS. The FV4202 is tier of tier a lot worse than the Cent 7/1.

PS2. No, tier 10 is not the goal of WoT.  The goal of WoT is to find tanks that you like and play them. Tier X is probably the worst tier in the game when it comes to balance both between tanks but also in regards to maps. 

Edited by JocMeister, 11 October 2019 - 05:15 PM.

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #64 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW

View PostJocMeister, on 11 October 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Its a very strong tier 9 MT. You just lack the experience with the game and higher tiers to play it properly. As with all MTs (especially higher tier ones) you need a good amount of skill, map knowledge and map awareness to get a good performance. Come back to the Cent when you have understood the basics of the game.

PS. The FV4202 is tier of tier a lot worse than the Cent 7/1.

PS2. No, tier 10 is not the goal of WoT.  The goal of WoT is to find tanks that you like and play them. Tier X is probably the worst tier in the game when it comes to balance both between tanks but also in regards to maps. 

i completely disagree T10 is the final tier its the final thing in the game its the end goal.

JocMeister #65 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28006 battles

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

i completely disagree T10 is the final tier its the final thing in the game its the end goal.

When you get some experience with tier 10 you will realize its absolute horrible. Especially so to inexperienced player that have rushed to get there thinking it the "end goal".

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #66 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW

View PostJocMeister, on 11 October 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

When you get some experience with tier 10 you will realize its absolute horrible. Especially so to inexperienced player that have rushed to get there thinking it the "end goal".

as i say i disagree when you make something the final thing you can get it become the end goal it doesn't matter how good it is because once you have it you can say i have FINISHED this tank line making it the final goal. you don't have to see it as the final goal but it is still the final thing to get

Long_Range_Sniper #67 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37666 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Tier ten is just tier ten. Each tier has slightly different ways of playing, and the game allows for development and goals across the tiers.

It just so happens that tier X is the end of the tech tree grind. It is not the end goal of the game.

You can be at tier X in randoms, and be useless as a tier 6 SH player.

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #68 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW
as i say i disagree when you make something the final thing you can get it become the end goal it doesn't matter how good it is because once you have it you can say i have FINISHED this tank line making it the final goal. you don't have to see it as the final goal but it is still the final thing to get

divsmo #69 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37221 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

That may be the way you see it but it's not the way for the majority as you can see in this thread. There are lines i've played and not even bothered to buy the tier 10 t110e5 and amx30b to name 2. 

To address your original point i like the cent 7/1 and you can have some monster games with it but it's a fairly high skill ceiling tank. As others have said you'd be much better off finding a tank which plays a similar role but at lower tier and getting some good experience there first. If your main aim in the game is to get to tier 10 you'll get there but you won't be profitable and you probably won't enjoy getting smashed game after game.

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #70 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW
even if you don't see it as the main goal which frankly i dont give a [edited]if you do or don't it is still a good idea to give newplayes a line of tank that will show them all different types of tank. whether or not you think its the end goal to get t10 or not WASNT the point

Long_Range_Sniper #71 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37666 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

and you've had advice that chasing this goal that you've created is causing you to experience what you're experiencing.

Which leaves you with two options. Ignore the advice you've been given and continue to struggle to play tanks others can play well, or re-assess your goals

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #72 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 11 October 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

and you've had advice that chasing this goal that you've created is causing you to experience what you're experiencing.

Which leaves you with two options. Ignore the advice you've been given and continue to struggle to play tanks others can play well, or re-assess your goals

FOR [edited]SAKE THAT WASN'T MY MAIN POINT i dont give a [edited]if i get t10 id like to but i don't really care i was just using that to help make my point and it should be fairly obvious that most people new to the game or people who only play a game with a single goal for themselves think this way i am someone who will only play a game if i have a goal. now if you don't mind please read the full post i put because it wasn't just t10 is the final goal. i will not address this again

divsmo #73 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37221 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

even if you don't see it as the main goal which frankly i dont give a [edited]if you do or don't it is still a good idea to give newplayes a line of tank that will show them all different types of tank. whether or not you think its the end goal to get t10 or not WASNT the point

That isn't ever going to be possible without mixing nations or classes within a tech tree which isn't the way WOT has ever worked or will so far as i can see.

If that's what you want you'll have to do what everyone else here has and play multiple lines of tanks at the same time. After all how are you going to figure out what you like in this game without playing them first? 

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #74 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW

View Postdivsmo, on 11 October 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

That isn't ever going to be possible without mixing nations or classes within a tech tree which isn't the way WOT has ever worked or will so far as i can see.

If that's what you want you'll have to do what everyone else here has and play multiple lines of tanks at the same time. After all how are you going to figure out what you like in this game without playing them first? 

READ THE ORIGINAL POST WHERE I MENTIONED THIS. my idea is have a tech tree don't have to be historical tanks but a single line with multiple of each tier in that like and by the time your t10 you will have played every type of tank this line should have rewards as you get the next tier so people keep going and keep learning how to play this would also help people find out what type of tank they like playing

17:21 Added after 2 minute

For new players and players like me who will only play a game if the have 1 single objective. The main idea of wot is play the game get t10 be the best surely its not a stupid idea to have some nice easy and good tanks for new players to fam make it so there are rewards for each tier but to make sure you learn the game there is 2 of each tier and you must unlock them all to get the next tier and it should make you played every type of tank so you know what type you like most and what you want to play. For example it should make it so you have to play a wheel light and a normal light tank and them a turreted td and a non turreted td. as you get to higher tiers it should reward you for getting the next tier and it should be made so that there is a limit to the number of credits earned in a single battle but make it so you earn more credits than usual this makes it fell like less of a loss even when you win the game. This wouldn't need to teach you every thing in the game but give you a good enough understanding of how Everything works.

This is the original post please read it all the way through if you want ot comment on it dont comment on the under lined bit i wont respond as i dont give a [edited]

Long_Range_Sniper #75 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37666 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

FOR [edited]SAKE THAT WASN'T MY MAIN POINT i dont give a [edited]if i get t10 id like to but i don't really care i was just using that to help make my point and it should be fairly obvious that most people new to the game or people who only play a game with a single goal for themselves think this way i am someone who will only play a game if i have a goal. now if you don't mind please read the full post i put because it wasn't just t10 is the final goal. i will not address this again

So what's your goal then? But I can dissect your first post and it won't be pretty.

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 10 October 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

every game i have i loose about 10k credits,

That 45% winrate won't help. But as you've not explained your loadout or consumables we can't help.

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 10 October 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

ITS TOO DAMN SLOW after a year of driving to position i get 1 shot that an [edited]team mate pushes me out the way. 

Being pushed out of the way is a classic sign of someone taking the wrong position in their tank. Contrary to popular belief, the playerbase isn't that bad, and you'll generally only get pushed out of the way if you're sitting somewhere dumb in a tank not designed to do what you're doing with it.

To back up this assessment, you've only got 0.58 spots with the Cent 7/1 so I'm saying you're probably camping too much.

Your Cent vs My Cent.

Cent.jpg

If you TRULY want to improve, and didn't just come here to vent and wave your rattle around, then you should put up a replay and you'll get constructive advice.

If you just want to whine, and join the queue of players doing the same thing every game and expecting different results then click battle and crack on. Every game is full of those players.

divsmo #76 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37221 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

READ THE ORIGINAL POST WHERE I MENTIONED THIS. my idea is have a tech tree don't have to be historical tanks but a single line with multiple of each tier in that like and by the time your t10 you will have played every type of tank this line should have rewards as you get the next tier so people keep going and keep learning how to play this would also help people find out what type of tank they like playing

I READ YOUR ORIGINAL POST!  And no where in it do you mention that idea not that it's a good one, you just moan about losing 900k credits say that you hate the centurion which is a decent tank and say you're done.

Perhaps next time you should come and ask for help rather than just b*tching and moaning from the off, there's plenty of players on the forum that are more than willing to help the newbies. Although saying that many people have offered you advice on this thread and you've ignored them all the same.

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #77 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 11 October 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

So what's your goal then? But I can dissect your first post and it won't be pretty.

That 45% winrate won't help. But as you've not explained your loadout or consumables we can't help.

Being pushed out of the way is a classic sign of someone taking the wrong position in their tank. Contrary to popular belief, the playerbase isn't that bad, and you'll generally only get pushed out of the way if you're sitting somewhere dumb in a tank not designed to do what you're doing with it.

To back up this assessment, you've only got 0.58 spots with the Cent 7/1 so I'm saying you're probably camping too much.

Your Cent vs My Cent.

Cent.jpg

If you TRULY want to improve, and didn't just come here to vent and wave your rattle around, then you should put up a replay and you'll get constructive advice.

If you just want to whine, and join the queue of players doing the same thing every game and expecting different results then click battle and crack on. Every game is full of those players.

My main goal is to get tier 10 I DONT GIVE A [edited]WHAT YOU THINK IT IS.
my consumables lode out is 5 gold ammo 5 of what ever the other one is and then what ever is left of the main ammo. and i use a small repair kit small med kit and a auto fire extinguisher(i got loads of em) i used to use all premium consumables as i could afford it.
also when i get pushed out the way i'm normally in a good spot for my tank where it can do its job and not get bombed to hell by arty and you can only attack me if i can attack you and some [edited]on my team decides they want the spot pushes me into the open where i get killed immediately hence i don't normally last long in a game cause of cunts that do that when they dont do that i tend to do a lot better. also at this point i have given up on the cent 7/1. thank but i hate it

JocMeister #78 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28006 battles

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

The point I was trying to make without sounding rude was that you lack the experience and the skill to play a tier 9 MT. Its not the tanks fault. Its you as the tank is perfectly fine and even quite strong. Its also not WGs fault that you have decided to rush the tiers like a madman and also pick a tank line which requires quite a bit of experience and skill to play.

You could have googled "WoT good beginner line" and you would have gotten 1k+ hits suggesting you to pick the IS-7 line. May I also suggest you don´t make posts on the forum if you have absolutely no intention to listen to advice but just whine and become aggressive when people don´t agree with you?

17:34 Added after 3 minute

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

also when i get pushed out the way i'm normally in a good spot for my tank where it can do its job and not get bombed to hell by arty and you can only attack me if i can attack you and some [edited]on my team decides they want the spot pushes me into the open where i get killed immediately hence i don't normally last long in a game cause of cunts that do that when they dont do that i tend to do a lot better. also at this point i have given up on the cent 7/1. thank but i hate it

This is because you play in a way that is harmful for the team. Your teammates get frustrated with your refusal/inability to do your part in what is a team game. Sounds to me like you are sitting on the redline in some of the classic "TD spots" in something that is not a TD. Your performance seems to confirm this.

Edited by JocMeister, 11 October 2019 - 06:35 PM.

The_Bunny_Gardian_ #79 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3869 battles
  • [DOFW] DOFW

View PostJocMeister, on 11 October 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

The point I was trying to make without sounding rude was that you lack the experience and the skill to play a tier 9 MT. Its not the tanks fault. Its you as the tank is perfectly fine and even quite strong. Its also not WGs fault that you have decided to rush the tiers like a madman and also pick a tank line which requires quite a bit of experience and skill to play.

You could have googled "WoT good beginner line" and you would have gotten 1k+ hits suggesting you to pick the IS-7 line. May I also suggest you don´t make posts on the forum if you have absolutely no intention to listen to advice but just whine and become aggressive when people don´t agree with you?

17:34 Added after 3 minute

This is because you play in a way that is harmful for the team. Your teammates get frustrated with your refusal/inability to do your part in what is a team game. Sounds to me like you are sitting on the redline in some of the classic "TD spots" in something that is not a TD. Your performance seems to confirm this.

lets take for instance my favorite map (i have attached a pic) i tend to follow the red line and sit in that little corner on this hill from here i can threaten enemy tanks trying to cross the open space they usually struggle to pen me but i can track and kill them. i can also threaten enemies on the other hill.however quit often my teem for instance a t34 that's the most recent person to do this pushes me out of the way and down the hill when this happens enemy tanks promptly shoot and kill me. also if you watch the replay i linked i think you'll find i'm not a complete idiot if you like i can link some games of me playing on this map and my other favorite. Please not i am in no way trying to say ere im a good player im just saying i aint a [edited]idiot one of my friends with a FAR higher win rate showed me this spot i used it in cent 1 FV4202 and cent7/1 each time as long as a [edited]didnt push me out the way i did ok

17:44 Added after 0 minute

also if you cant find the pic i attached let me know

17:46 Added after 1 minute
im also saying i dont like the tank i think its crap. thats my opinion im not playing it any more i [edited]hate it simple as i was not saying that in the hands of a better player than me its not good i was saying I hate it
17:49 Added after 4 minute

View Postdivsmo, on 11 October 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

I READ YOUR ORIGINAL POST!  And no where in it do you mention that idea not that it's a good one, you just moan about losing 900k credits say that you hate the centurion which is a decent tank and say you're done.

Perhaps next time you should come and ask for help rather than just b*tching and moaning from the off, there's plenty of players on the forum that are more than willing to help the newbies. Although saying that many people have offered you advice on this thread and you've ignored them all the same.

that was not the post i ment i have now reported that one on this page

Long_Range_Sniper #80 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37666 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThe_Bunny_Gardian_, on 11 October 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

My main goal is to get tier 10 I DONT GIVE A [edited]WHAT YOU THINK IT IS.
my consumables lode out is 5 gold ammo 5 of what ever the other one is and then what ever is left of the main ammo. and i use a small repair kit small med kit and a auto fire extinguisher(i got loads of em) i used to use all premium consumables as i could afford it.

Sifting through the angst and industrial language, if you were in good spots then I doubt your winrate would be so low. You're killing a third of an enemy tank per game. You die a lot of times before you do anything meaningful to the enemy team to help a win. You doing about a third of your HP in damage as well.

Without a replay you won't get meaningful feedback though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users