Jump to content


reports, working as intended

reports kill steal

  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

wookie187 #1 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 72610 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    07-25-2012

setup:

we were cornered most of the battle, only one actually doing something proactive was our scout;

after we stopped enemy advance, it went to mop up phase (4 vs 2), and S1 that was b1tching from time to time ended with 5 kills and a request for one more, even though he didn't go after low health enemy TD; last minute of the battle he goes for the ram, only to be slower than my shell, but was quick on the keyboard with "arty reported"

also, this in chat after battle:

xxxxxxxxxx (22:58:47) thx [edited], i reported you stolen my 6th kill, gj ego [edited]
xxxxxxxxxx (22:59:01) stupid son of a [edited]
wookie187 (22:59:03) HAHAHAAHHAA
xxxxxxxxxx (22:59:23) braindead [edited]

anyway, waiting for my 3-7 days ban for unsportsmanship behaviour...

 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5053165#studzianki-wookie187-g_w_panther

 

Untitled.png


Edited by wookie187, 10 October 2019 - 10:58 PM.


4nt #2 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29639 battles
  • 1,605
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View Postwookie187, on 10 October 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

setup:

we were cornered most of the battle, only one actually doing something proactive was our scout;

after we stopped enemy advance, it went to mop up phase (4 vs 2), and S1 that was b1tching from time to time ended with 5 kills and a request for one more, even though he didn't go after low health enemy TD; last minute of the battle he goes for the ram, only to be slower than my shell, but was quick on the keyboard with "arty reported"

also, this in chat after battle:

xxxxxxxxxx (22:58:47) thx [edited], i reported you stolen my 6th kill, gj ego [edited]
xxxxxxxxxx (22:59:01) stupid son of a [edited]
wookie187 (22:59:03) HAHAHAAHHAA
xxxxxxxxxx (22:59:23) braindead [edited]

anyway, waiting for my 3-7 days ban for unsportsmanship behaviour...

Wouldn't worry, uc is Placebo. They only React to physics abuse these days...



unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:38 PM

    Colonel

  • Moderator
  • 20193 battles
  • 3,734
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

I doubt if you will get banned. Killing enemy tanks is not against the rules and there is no such thing as kill stealing. No one owns a kill, no one has a right to a kill.

Saying that, if someone asks for a last kill to get an award, I would probably let them try for it, but if they have been raging in chat all battle then maybe I wouldn't.

 



wookie187 #4 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 72610 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    07-25-2012

1. i am not really scared of being banned, got my share of that; i only complain when it is not justified, like this could be

2. our player with 5 kills failed to realize he wasn't eligible for top gun, since last enemy was on 7 anyway

cheers



BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • 12,252
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postwookie187, on 10 October 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

setup:

we were cornered most of the battle, only one actually doing something proactive was our scout;

after we stopped enemy advance, it went to mop up phase (4 vs 2), and S1 that was b1tching from time to time ended with 5 kills and a request for one more, even though he didn't go after low health enemy TD; last minute of the battle he goes for the ram, only to be slower than my shell, but was quick on the keyboard with "arty reported"

also, this in chat after battle:

xxxxxxxxxx (22:58:47) thx [edited], i reported you stolen my 6th kill, gj ego [edited]
xxxxxxxxxx (22:59:01) stupid son of a [edited]
wookie187 (22:59:03) HAHAHAAHHAA
xxxxxxxxxx (22:59:23) braindead [edited]

anyway, waiting for my 3-7 days ban for unsportsmanship behaviour...

There's no way you'll get a ban......but if you send a screenshot of that garage conversation to support then Mr xxxxxxxxxx will definitely get a ban.:teethhappy:



Dorander #6 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:32 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

Behold, the reason reports have a threshold before anything ever happens and why people have only 10 per day as well as a limit of one report per person per type per battle.

 

I wouldn't worry one bit about some entitled player using their reports for a pointless whine, we've had a few players here on occasion stating they got a UC ban but it's always been difficult to determine which system exactly resulted in the punishment. Either way if you don't play in a way that gets you a lot of UC reports from a lot of different players, I wouldn't give one guy the time of day.



Spurtung #7 Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:32 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 75056 battles
  • 6,861
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 10 October 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

Saying that, if someone asks for a last kill to get an award, I would probably let them try for it, but if they have been raging in chat all battle then maybe I wouldn't.

 

"maybe" :teethhappy:



Orkbert #8 Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28476 battles
  • 2,215
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View PostSpurtung, on 10 October 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

 

"maybe" :teethhappy:

 

Sure. The rage in chat distracted me a bit so I totally by accident did a left mouse click while I was aiming at the enemy.



Dorander #9 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 10 October 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

I doubt if you will get banned. Killing enemy tanks is not against the rules and there is no such thing as kill stealing. No one owns a kill, no one has a right to a kill.

Saying that, if someone asks for a last kill to get an award, I would probably let them try for it, but if they have been raging in chat all battle then maybe I wouldn't.

 

 

I'm old-fashioned, I think rewards are earned for doing well, not given to people as charity.

 

I'll break that rule depending on the level of the reward and the frequency at which an opportunity to achieve it arises, so I won't ruin people's campaign missions if I can avoid it, but a regular medal like Top Gun? Pft, earn it, if you can't beat me to the kill you didn't deserve it.



Gruff_ #10 Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22826 battles
  • 1,317
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
There is no kill stealing in a team game

Schepel #11 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 66413 battles
  • 3,812
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 10 October 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

I doubt if you will get banned. Killing enemy tanks is not against the rules and there is no such thing as kill stealing. No one owns a kill, no one has a right to a kill.

Saying that, if someone asks for a last kill to get an award, I would probably let them try for it, but if they have been raging in chat all battle then maybe I wouldn't.

 

 

Kill stealing is very much a thing. It has been driving me crazy. You do all the hard work and some guy literally hides behind the corner to swoop in for that last shot. That is stealing in my book. If somebody gets the kill after a fair fight in which he puts his hp on the line and dealt damage, or tried to anyway, you won't hear me complain. However, deliberate hanging back and basically leeching off somebody else? That is not cool.



Pansenmann #12 Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:51 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36455 battles
  • 13,953
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostSpurtung, on 10 October 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

 

"maybe" :teethhappy:

 

maybe I have forced a draw the one or other time because I thought nobody deserved the win



ValkyrionX #13 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Major

  • Moderator
  • 54604 battles
  • 2,716
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

this game is always surprising, for days now, after starting to stream my games on WoT, also Cw and adv , I get a lot of private messages in the game, and even on twitch chat where I am accused of being a cheater , of course I immediately load the replay on wotreplay and send the lnik to my accuser inviting him to send the replay to the wg and also to watch my WoT live stream.

 

how funny is all this?

 

probably some accuse me because they don't know what the "autoaim indicator" is in the aslain modpack .. that is the autoaim of the game without any illegal modification

people really know how to be toxic

 

 

 

 


Edited by ValkyrionX, 12 October 2019 - 11:19 AM.


Dorander #14 Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostValkyrionX, on 12 October 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

this game is always surprising, for days now, after starting to stream my games on WoT, also Cw and adv , I get a lot of private messages in the game, and even on twitch chat where I am accused of being a cheater , of course I immediately load the replay on wotreplay and send the lnik to my accuser inviting him to send the replay to the wg and also to watch my WoT live stream.

 

how funny is all this?

 

probably some accuse me because they don't know what the "autoaim indicator" is in the aslain modpack .. that is the autoaim of the game without any illegal modification

people really know how to be toxic

 

 

 

 

 

It is a difficult thing to swallow for vanilla warriors, that mods which may give an advantage other people don't have, aren't against the rules. It's an amusing reversal of the is-ought fallacy.



NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:52 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34868 battles
  • 4,138
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

If I made a thread like this I'd get a warning point for naming and shaming. Luckily, OP is not a weeb so nobody has anything against him...

 

 

If you stunned him with your arty shell as he was going in for the ram, that would count as an offense, but I doubt that would be enough for a ban, considering the situation.

 

You have a screenshot of the conversation, send it to support, he'll be chatbanned for a few days, possibly a week or two, might be a repeat offender...

 

Also, this is why I have messages disabled. I don't need to read hatemail.



unhappy_bunny #16 Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

    Colonel

  • Moderator
  • 20193 battles
  • 3,734
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostSchepel, on 11 October 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

 

Kill stealing is very much a thing. It has been driving me crazy. You do all the hard work and some guy literally hides behind the corner to swoop in for that last shot. That is stealing in my book. If somebody gets the kill after a fair fight in which he puts his hp on the line and dealt damage, or tried to anyway, you won't hear me complain. However, deliberate hanging back and basically leeching off somebody else? That is not cool.


I understand what you are getting at, and I agree that sort of behaviour is unsporting, but the fact still remains that you did not own that kill. Its bad teamplay on the part of that player, and I would not be happy. I had a similar thing happen a while ago, except he didn't kill steal as such, he just sat there and watched me doing my best against an enemy who I had whittle down to one-shot at the cost of my HP and I lost it by nano-seconds on the reload. He then stepped out and finished the enemy off. When I asked why he didn't help me, his answer was that he didn't want to risk being a kill stealer so he waited to see what would happen.

I have also been accused of kill stealing after seeing a team mate fighting an enemy and his hp getting whittled away and other enemies closing in, so I have driven halfway across the map to assist, fired on the move killing that tank and then positioned myself between my team mate and the approaching enemy. Different senario as I was actively playing, but same outcome. I got a nice message of thanks in garage basically telling me I have been reported for stealing his kill. 

To me, if an ally is in a battle I would rather keep him alive so we have 2 guns to face the enemy. In the example you gave, I would have been actively helping throughout not sitting watching. 



shikaka9 #17 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 72145 battles
  • 1,306
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

Fake, there is no proof of working reports :trollface:

 

swamp gas



4nt #18 Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29639 battles
  • 1,605
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 12 October 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

If I made a thread like this I'd get a warning point for naming and shaming. Luckily, OP is not a weeb so nobody has anything against him...

 

 

If you stunned him with your arty shell as he was going in for the ram, that would count as an offense, but I doubt that would be enough for a ban, considering the situation.

 

You have a screenshot of the conversation, send it to support, he'll be chatbanned for a few days, possibly a week or two, might be a repeat offender...

 

Also, this is why I have messages disabled. I don't need to read hatemail.

Actually you'd have just to Be a regular poster. There are plenty of accs that can do anything from unconstructive to pretending being someone else on these forums.



Dorander #19 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:43 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 12 October 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

If I made a thread like this I'd get a warning point for naming and shaming. Luckily, OP is not a weeb so nobody has anything against him...

 

<snip>

 

Euh, the names are crossed out, so where's the naming?

 



Schepel #20 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 66413 battles
  • 3,812
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 12 October 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:


I understand what you are getting at, and I agree that sort of behaviour is unsporting, but the fact still remains that you did not own that kill. Its bad teamplay on the part of that player, and I would not be happy. I had a similar thing happen a while ago, except he didn't kill steal as such, he just sat there and watched me doing my best against an enemy who I had whittle down to one-shot at the cost of my HP and I lost it by nano-seconds on the reload. He then stepped out and finished the enemy off. When I asked why he didn't help me, his answer was that he didn't want to risk being a kill stealer so he waited to see what would happen.

I have also been accused of kill stealing after seeing a team mate fighting an enemy and his hp getting whittled away and other enemies closing in, so I have driven halfway across the map to assist, fired on the move killing that tank and then positioned myself between my team mate and the approaching enemy. Different senario as I was actively playing, but same outcome. I got a nice message of thanks in garage basically telling me I have been reported for stealing his kill. 

To me, if an ally is in a battle I would rather keep him alive so we have 2 guns to face the enemy. In the example you gave, I would have been actively helping throughout not sitting watching. 

 

That is, to me at least, the difference between a 'fair kill' and a 'steal'. Actively fight and all is fair. Sit it out with the sole intention to get the kill eventually at the cost of somebody else's hp and possibly the game: UC. If you come in and help, again, that is of course not the same thing as stealing. Incidentally, that is precisely what bothers me so much: these kill assist types run away as fast as ever they can if it looks like you are going to lose a fight. The very opposite of what you did, in fact.







Also tagged with reports, kill steal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users