Jump to content


Tank Destroyers should be able to stun

TD arty

  • Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

25gorowins25 #1 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1460 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

Over the last week I haev played a few games in the udes, RHM Borsig and SU 130-PM. I have been hit in bushes by arty when I haven't been spotted, and the stun stops me firing because it makes shots very inaccurate.

 

This might not be a problkem for a heavy tank where you are close to your targets, but it has a massive impact on TD's that rely on accuracy. If arty is going to blind fire bushes and stun tanks then it's fair that TD's can stun as well. I don't see how an arty is allowed to stun an enemy tank with HE, when there are tank destroyers with bigger guns than arty firing HE, but they don't stun.

 

I don't know how anyone can argue that large calibre TD's shouldn't also be stunning tanks when firing HE.



barison1 #2 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:49 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 44531 battles
  • 2,474
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

unsure if joking or actual serious

 

better hope yer joking as that idea is plain potato, theres not a single good reason to add stun to high caliber guns (non arty), would only promote HE spam making the game even worse to play. in the end you only get stunned more often, backfiring your idea



xx984 #3 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65018 battles
  • 3,554
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
Some people just want to watch the world burn...

BQBD #4 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14592 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    11-02-2018

Apparently artillery is made to prevent camping.

If you are sitting in a bush unspoted and you get blindfired by artillery I would say artillery is playing its role and making you move, or disabling you from effectively engaging targets from your bush.

 

Give that artillery a cookie, and say good job.



25gorowins25 #5 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1460 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View Postbarison1, on 11 October 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

unsure if joking or actual serious

 

better hope yer joking as that idea is plain potato, theres not a single good reason to add stun to high caliber guns (non arty), would only promote HE spam making the game even worse to play. in the end you only get stunned more often, backfiring your idea

 

How is it fair that a tier 7 arty like the GW Panther firing HE from a 15cm gun can stun, and a tier 7 TD firing HE from a 15.2cm gun can't stun? Explain to me technically why this has to be the case.



barison1 #6 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:04 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 44531 battles
  • 2,474
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Post25gorowins25, on 11 October 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

 

How is it fair that a tier 7 arty like the GW Panther firing HE from a 15cm gun can stun, and a tier 7 TD firing HE from a 15.2cm gun can't stun? Explain to me technically why this has to be the case.


do you really think it would improve gameplay by giving any high caliber gun stun?

 

2 arty is already able to perma stun people, if you add stun to high caliber guns anyone would be permastunned even when arty save, even in 1v1 you could nearly perma stun people. horrid idea

 

 

besides this is an arcade, just because a 15cm arty gun has stun doesnt mean a regular 15cm needs to have stun aswell



Cobra6 #7 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • 17,655
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Stun is a dumb mechanic that needs removing in a sense that the actual effect on the target tank needs to go. The extra "spotting" damage for arty mechanic can stay.

 

Adding more stun to the game will only frustrate everyone further.

 

Don't park your TD in over obvious bushes and you won't get blind fired. It's really an issue with your positioning, not with the stun mechanics.

If, in a light tank, I stand in an obvious bush at the start of the game when no-one has anything to fire at and they blind fire me out of boredom, it's not their fault I get shot. It's mine for being in an obvious location.

 

Please stop creating threads asking for gameplay changes when it's clearly your own fault for the bad things happening to you. So far not one thread you created actually specified a genuine problem with the actual game.

You barely have 1500 battles under your belt, get more experience playing and most of your issues will vanish, I promise.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 11 October 2019 - 11:06 AM.


25gorowins25 #8 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1460 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View Postbarison1, on 11 October 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:


do you really think it would improve gameplay by giving any high caliber gun stun?

 

2 arty is already able to perma stun people, if you add stun to high caliber guns anyone would be permastunned even when arty save, even in 1v1 you could nearly perma stun people. horrid idea

 

 

besides this is an arcade, just because a 15cm arty gun has stun doesnt mean a regular 15cm needs to have stun aswell

 

What is it with reading on this forum? I ask about the technical reaosons, and you reply about gameplay.

 

It seems to me you can't find a technical reason why not, and so your answer is just to say no because of some bias against TD's. I respect you have that opinioin, but you can at least agree it's not fair.

 

View PostCobra6, on 11 October 2019 - 11:05 AM, said:

Please stop creating threads asking for gameplay changes when it's clearly your own fault for the bad things happening to you.

 

What is it with this gameplay fixation when I never said it once. Also this forum is full of players complaining about arty hitting them, and when a TD player complains about arty hitting them when they're UNSPOTTED, it's my fault. Talk about bias.



8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 80858 battles
  • 5,620
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostCobra6, on 11 October 2019 - 11:05 AM, said:

 So far not one thread you created actually specified a genuine problem with the actual game.

 

But we have been presented with some problems that can be found with the mentality within the games player base, so there's that. :)  



TankkiPoju #10 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:12 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23978 battles
  • 7,427
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
Oh look it's feed the forum trolls o'clock again! How time flies.

Lil_Nas_X #11 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:14 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33527 battles
  • 4,208
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

Oh yes, the joys of 'why can't I have it and you can'? Starts in your child years, stays always if you're a certain type of person.

 

If anything they should remove stun, not add it to more vehicles.

 

Also, again, the stun mechanic was a bit hmeh in the beginning, but now I'm not bothered with it anymore. The times it ruins my games have been far inferior to the times it didn't.



barison1 #12 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 44531 battles
  • 2,474
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Post25gorowins25, on 11 October 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

 

What is it with reading on this forum? I ask about the technical reaosons, and you reply about gameplay.

 

It seems to me you can't find a technical reason why not, and so your answer is just to say no because of some bias against TD's. I respect you have that opinioin, but you can at least agree it's not fair.

 

 

What is it with this gameplay fixation when I never said it once. Also this forum is full of players complaining about arty hitting them, and when a TD player complains about arty hitting them when they're UNSPOTTED, it's my fault. Talk about bias.


fine with techinal reasons then; THIS IS AN ARCADE

 

if going full technical this becomes war thunder like, able to one shot tanks like e100 with 75mm gun pen to the side killing all crew due to ammo explosion or plain spalling. sounds gud idea right ivan?

 

 

me bias against TD? dont let me laugh, im grinding plenty of them


Edited by barison1, 11 October 2019 - 11:16 AM.


DuncaN_101 #13 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 56584 battles
  • 3,118
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
Is it weekend already?

25gorowins25 #14 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1460 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostTankkiPoju, on 11 October 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

Oh look it's feed the forum trolls o'clock again! How time flies.

 

Someone has an idea that doesn't fit with the forum mafia and look at the response. It wouldn't be so sad if it wasn't so predictable.

10:17 Added after 0 minute

View Postbarison1, on 11 October 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:


fine with techinal reasons then; THIS IS AN ARCADE

 

if going full technical this becomes war thunder like, able to one shot tanks like e100 with 75mm gun pen to the side killing all crew due to ammo explosion or plain spalling. sounds gud idea right ivan?

 

 

me bias against TD? dont let me laugh, im grinding plenty of them

 

Thank you. Technically it should be in the game then, but there's a bias against TD's that is stopping it.



Wintermute_1 #15 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51435 battles
  • 2,351
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

K, people complain about 2 arties being able to stun them now so... 

Come to think of it having 8 or 9 stun capable tanks on a team would be hilarious, lets do it.



barison1 #16 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 44531 battles
  • 2,474
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Post25gorowins25, on 11 October 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

 

Someone has an idea that doesn't fit with the forum mafia and look at the response. It wouldn't be so sad if it wasn't so predictable.

10:17 Added after 0 minute

 

Thank you. Technically it should be in the game then, but there's a bias against TD's that is stopping it.


technically yer just playing the wrong game but hey need to complain about something on forum right?



Lil_Nas_X #17 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:19 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33527 battles
  • 4,208
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013
How is there a bias against TD's? There might be people who hate certain TD's but they're part of the game like every other type of vehicle.

Orkbert #18 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28476 battles
  • 2,216
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View Post25gorowins25, on 11 October 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Over the last week I haev played a few games in the udes, RHM Borsig and SU 130-PM. I have been hit in bushes by arty when I haven't been spotted, and the stun stops me firing because it makes shots very inaccurate.

 

This might not be a problkem for a heavy tank where you are close to your targets, but it has a massive impact on TD's that rely on accuracy. If arty is going to blind fire bushes and stun tanks then it's fair that TD's can stun as well. I don't see how an arty is allowed to stun an enemy tank with HE, when there are tank destroyers with bigger guns than arty firing HE, but they don't stun.

 

I don't know how anyone can argue that large calibre TD's shouldn't also be stunning tanks when firing HE.

 

Oddly enough your don't demand that the TD's reload and aim time will be slowed by ~40% and their HE penetration should be severely reduced.

 

If you want to stun like arty you have to accept the drawbacks as well.



25gorowins25 #19 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1460 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View Postbarison1, on 11 October 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:


technically yer just playing the wrong game but hey need to complain about something on forum right?

 

If I'm playing the wrong game, then nobody should be allowed to complain about arty hitting them. I'm not even complaining about that. I'm asking foir the same that they have.

 

View PostLil_Nas_X, on 11 October 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

How is there a bias against TD's? There might be people who hate certain TD's but they're part of the game like every other type of vehicle.

 

its been agreed that there is no technical reason why some TD's shouldn't be able to stun. That tells me someone in Wargaming decided not to give this to TD's, and that's bias.

10:29 Added after 1 minute

View PostOrkbert, on 11 October 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

 

Oddly enough your don't demand that the TD's reload and aim time will be slowed by ~40% and their HE penetration should be severely reduced.

 

If you want to stun like arty you have to accept the drawbacks as well.

 

That could be worked through - just some stun for a slightly longer reload,



barison1 #20 Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:32 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 44531 battles
  • 2,474
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012
 

View Post25gorowins25, on 11 October 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

 

If I'm playing the wrong game, then nobody should be allowed to complain about arty hitting them. I'm not even complaining about that. I'm asking foir the same that they have.

 

 

its been agreed that there is no technical reason why some TD's shouldn't be able to stun. That tells me someone in Wargaming decided not to give this to TD's, and that's bias.

10:29 Added after 1 minute

yea LT can go 70kmh, why shouldnt HT go 70? BIAS AGAINT HT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

 

 

this sums up your entire argument thats its bias against TD

 

 

you get outplayed and now complain on forum for buffs which are plain potato horrid, git gut and grow up






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users