• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Delhroh #1 Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:06 PM

Spanish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 13499 battles
  • [WG] WG

Commanders!

Today, two Soviet heavy tanks with double-barrelled guns are entering the Supertest. Before covering them, we’ll explain the new firing modes.

Spoiler

IS-3 II (Tier IX)

WoT_Template_New-Tank_IS-3_II_EN.jpg

The main appeal of all the vehicles with double-barrelled guns is obviously firepower. The maxed-out IS-3 II boasts two 122mm guns, each dealing 390 points of damage. One well-placed salvo can blast off ~800 hit points.

The gun takes 10.7 seconds to reload and 3.5 s to switch guns. A double shot is prepared in 3 s locked for seven seconds after. Aside from top-notch stabilisation, the accuracy is 0.4 m at 100 m. Its standard AP shells penetrate 243 mm of armour, the special APCR ones 292 mm.

However, it has rather mediocre armour and just 1,800 hit points, so be cautious on the battlefield. Only the turret offers some protection, with 250 mm frontally and up to 130 mm on the sides. In terms of mobility, the top speed is fine with 38 km/h, the power-to-weight ratio of 12.5 hp/t is average, and the IS-3 II doesn’t turn that fast. Its view range is 380 m.

Spoiler

ST-II (Tier X)

WoT_Template_New-Tank_ST-II_EN.jpg

Of course, it’s only fair to place the real-life project of a double-barrelled tank at the top of the new branch. The ST-II is armed with two 122mm guns, each dealing 440 points of damage.

The gun takes 11.7 seconds to reload and 3 s to switch guns. A double shot takes 2.5 s to prepare and is locked for five seconds after. It boasts a dispersion of 0.4 m, an aiming time of 2.9 s, and incredible stabilisation. Its standard AP shells penetrate 258 mm of armour, the special HEAT rounds 340 mm.

As for its survivability: the turret front is up to 250 mm thick, whereas the hull boasts 150 mm frontally and 140 mm on the sides. With 2,500 hit points it is more resilient than the previous vehicles. The view range is 390 m, and its mobility compares to other heavies. While the top speed reaches 40 km/h, the power-to-weight ratio of 12.2 hp/t is average at best. Beware of the turret traverse speed, it’s only 16 °/s.

Overall, these heavy tanks feature strong turrets and fair mobility. In battle, play just like other tanks. But when an opportunity arises, take advantage of the sequential or double shot option to finish off the enemy .

Spoiler

Note: The above-mentioned characteristics for both vehicles are subject to change.

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58377 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I think there's a typo: the text says the tier 9 has 360 view range, while the image shows 380. First spoiler also doesn't work.

grizly1973 #3 Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23311 battles

So no TEP? 

I'm disappointed...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 11 October 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

I think there's a typo: the text says the tier 9 has 360 view range, while the image shows 380. First spoiler also doesn't work.

The first spoiler contains the different firing modes of the double-barrelled tanks:

Cyclic: Firing a single gun then waiting for it to reload.

Sequential: Firing the second gun without waiting for the first to reload. You'll have to wait for the "gun changing time" and the reload of the first gun will be reset.

Salvo/Volley: Shooting both guns at once. You press and hold the left mouse button for the "preparation time for a salvo/volley" and the guns will fire. Guns are locked for a specific time after a salvo shot then they start normal (sequential) reloading.

I know this information is not new, just clarifying what's in that spoiler. This video however is new and contains some good information about how the line will look like...

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 11 October 2019 - 03:01 PM.

Dava_117 #5 Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22448 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hope there will be a connection between ST-1 and ST-2, considering one is the direct evolution of the other.

The tier 9 looks crappy: bad hull armour and bad penetration for a brawler is a terrible combination.

ST-2 looks good tho.

baratoz1701 #6 Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25083 battles
  • [FA1LZ] FA1LZ
Why do they have -8??

splash_time #7 Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12837 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I feel sad for these tanks. I think they'll be forgotten like IS 4.... 

Just check the frontal armour, same as IS 4 but +10 mm more armour. 

Also i believe that this line will have poor DPM compared to other T10 heavies, just like Progetto 65. 

And what will happen to that "Premium tank"?

It'll remain Premium tank? Or it'll be the T8 of this line?! 

AsiaDawn #8 Posted Yesterday, 07:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2585 battles

Guys, the whole line is made for 1 reason:  THEY NEED TO RELEASE NEW PREMIUM TANK! 

Like the french WHEELED memes....whole line for tier 8 OP premium( compared to other wheeled memes) ...tier 10 is somewhat ok.

British LT`s - whole line suck - tier 8 is ok-ish.

Skoda line - tier 5-7-8 are total joke....tier 8 is ok-ish (at least you have tier 9-10 game play). 

French heavy line - who the F plays that tanks, although tier 9 is ok...but tier 8 suck crap. I have the tier 8 premium - a monster.

They just cant release tier 8 unique premium tank, without TECH tree variants.  Usually tier 8 tech tree SUCK BALLS, (without tier 8 italian tank, but still the premium one is just better).

And so on and so on...Just a pay to win strategy. So you can ONLY HOPE for the tier 10 tank to be somehow OK- ish. And tier 9...might be...but then premium one wont be so OP and shiny....

In my humble opinion, about the double barrels, tier 8 WILL SUCK BALLS HARD...like the BRITISH LT`s. Give WG money or suck balls at tier 8. Tier 9 will be nothing special at BEST! Tier 10 is my hope.

p.s. I hope to be wrong. Sadly experience tells other stories. #wgBALANCEdepartament

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users