Influx of ebrs. Game is more fun now:)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Stevies_Team #21 Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13885 battles

It's not really the speed that annoys me its the autolock aiming

With a good computer and connection It seriously reduces the skill required to drive one well

tajj7 #22 Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28263 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 12 October 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

sorry, but EBRs promote camping

No they punish campers, they break camps that other tanks basically can't and expose easy mode classes like campy TD and arty. 

They are like the opposite of arty/OP TD base camping ledges that cause camping and have no counter. 

It's hilarious to watch all the chickens who think they are safe camping in their little base camping ridge suddenly panic when a WV proxy spots them. 

Etre_ #23 Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 60924 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View Posttajj7, on 14 October 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

No they punish campers, they break camps that other tanks basically can't and expose easy mode classes like campy TD and arty. 

They are like the opposite of arty/OP TD base camping ledges that cause camping and have no counter. 

It's hilarious to watch all the chickens who think they are safe camping in their little base camping ridge suddenly panic when a WV proxy spots them. 

Sure. The first thing it crosses my mind when I see a wheelchair sprinting like a mad dog across the field, is to leave cover.

You got me master of logic. 

I only wish I was like you.

tajj7 #24 Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28263 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostEtre_, on 14 October 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

Sure. The first thing it crosses my mind when I see a wheelchair sprinting like a mad dog across the field, is to leave cover.

You got me master of logic. 

I only wish I was like you.

Ah ok, in cover 'camping', driving round the in the open 'not camping'. LMAO,

By your 'logic' lights cause camping then :D And sidescraping in a city is also 'camping' :D

TungstenHitman #25 Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:42 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30654 battles

View Posttajj7, on 14 October 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

They are the opposite in terms of their battle locations, function and yet equally as annoying, only one feeds the other and as usual, neither suffer to each other, only the guys with tanks trying to make something happen at the front or mid ranges.

Arty and TD's typically operate from deep behind their teams while the scrubmobiles thanks to their low view range and hard-to-shoot phsyics defying attributes operate at the very front of their teams don't delude yourself into thinking the srub-mobile is the cure for camping TDs and Arty, if anything, it promotes camping even more.

The reality is the only tanks that suffer are those closest to the rally cars and those with the lowest camo ratings, which are, as always, those trying to make something happen at the front, second line locations along with heavy tanks. So don't talk rubbish about curing camping, the TDs and the SPG's are still just fine, better than ever actually since they get to shoot targets even sooner and the poor sap in his med that was daring to push or try make something happen along with the heavy tank player who hasn't the speed to do a damn thing other than hide behind the nearest hard cover about 5 feet from where he spawned amidst a barrage of SPG fire. 

What basically happens now is either one team gets a car, there's a huge imbalance and the team without the car loses. In scenarios where both teams have cars, everyone camps hard until one rally car emerges victorious from their own little duel or gets clipped by an enemy tank, then the team with the ebr wrc that survives the engagement goes on to win since once again, the team with car wins. Of course, this is open map scenarios, of which there are still plenty. For every other map, there's Chieftains and some other OP tank for the occasion, just to make sure each and every battle is the most fun experience ever... assuming the SPGs and OP TDs don't have their way with you. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 14 October 2019 - 03:47 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #26 Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31434 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Posttajj7, on 14 October 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

you got it wrong.

slower tanks and fragile tanks often prefer to stay in the bushes instead of getting spotted and/or possibly tracked by wheeled HE shots and then focused by arty.

tajj7 #27 Posted 15 October 2019 - 09:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28263 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 October 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

They are the opposite in terms of their battle locations, function and yet equally as annoying, only one feeds the other and as usual, neither suffer to each other, only the guys with tanks trying to make something happen at the front or mid ranges.

Arty and TD's typically operate from deep behind their teams while the scrubmobiles thanks to their low view range and hard-to-shoot phsyics defying attributes operate at the very front of their teams don't delude yourself into thinking the srub-mobile is the cure for camping TDs and Arty, if anything, it promotes camping even more.

The reality is the only tanks that suffer are those closest to the rally cars and those with the lowest camo ratings, which are, as always, those trying to make something happen at the front, second line locations along with heavy tanks. So don't talk rubbish about curing camping, the TDs and the SPG's are still just fine, better than ever actually since they get to shoot targets even sooner and the poor sap in his med that was daring to push or try make something happen along with the heavy tank player who hasn't the speed to do a damn thing other than hide behind the nearest hard cover about 5 feet from where he spawned amidst a barrage of SPG fire. 

What basically happens now is either one team gets a car, there's a huge imbalance and the team without the car loses. In scenarios where both teams have cars, everyone camps hard until one rally car emerges victorious from their own little duel or gets clipped by an enemy tank, then the team with the ebr wrc that survives the engagement goes on to win since once again, the team with car wins. Of course, this is open map scenarios, of which there are still plenty. For every other map, there's Chieftains and some other OP tank for the occasion, just to make sure each and every battle is the most fun experience ever... assuming the SPGs and OP TDs don't have their way with you. 

I am not deluding myself on anything, I have seen WVs break camps that other tanks simply cannot, the OP base camping spots in this game that now infest multiple maps, are approached by open ground, this means that most stuff that tries to outspot these positions gets wrecked enroute, but WVs with their speed and agility have a better chance of breaking them and I see this consistently. 

That for me is a massive game improvement, it means terrible bobs who sit in some broken corner of the map all game, that WG somehow decide to reward for their passive play and make their positions near impossible to counter, actually get put under threat and can be dealt with.

One team having a WV is not a massive advantage, if its was it would reflect in their WR curves showing them to be OP, but that doesn't happen, it depends entirely on the players and the map whether a WV is useful over a light or not, in many instances having a light with actual view range is a much better option.

And as for slow heavies and the like, if you get into trouble because you get spotted by a WV then its because you have done something wrong, taken a stupid exposed route that a light would also expose you to. In a med even more so, its just bad play, no med should get caught out in stupid positions by WVs and they can easily outspot them. 

Same with heavies, bad play, nothing to do with WVs, what WVs do is expose bad play and bad players and they get punished for their bad play, exactly how the game should work. Anyone with a working brain should have no problem and if you need to camp all the time because of a WV, then you need to look at YOUR play not the WVs.

This is pretty much the same as the whine when auto-loaders came into the game, people did stupid things against them, didn't use their brains, didn't adapt, just did the same things they always did, and then came to moan on the forums when they died, those people were wrong about auto-loaders and people are wrong about WVs, it's a learn to play issue. 

Edited by tajj7, 15 October 2019 - 09:24 AM.

RapidBumBum #28 Posted 15 October 2019 - 09:45 AM

• Player
  • 42799 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View Posttajj7, on 15 October 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

I am not deluding myself on anything, I have seen WVs break camps that other tanks simply cannot ...

Hey Master Of Logic. You should note that breaking camping is not the same as preventing camping.

Thanks.

Erwin_Von_Braun #29 Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42992 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 15 October 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

didn't use their brains, didn't adapt, just did the same things they always did, and then came to moan on the forums when they died, it's a learn to play issue.

I know another who regularly whines on the forum about a game mechanic they can't handle...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users