Hello fellow Tankers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Apash #1 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:24 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 31250 battles
  • [CRANG] CRANG

I just come back to the game after 3 years(yes 3) of absence. I departed bitter and frustrated because of many game issues at that time, or at least issues that I considered to be, as such: arty, autoloaders, mm … the usual. After a good 2 weeks playing again I took in to consideration to share a bit of my coming back experience with you, if you are interested of course.  

First thing first, how do I find the game after such a long time? Well, not very different from then. It has better graphics and all sorts of new garage effects of course, but the core mechanics and way of playing is still there (I kept my self in randoms, no frontline or other mods). I find a bit confusing the amount of rewards (like blueprints) and piles of missions that I just lost track of. Don't get me wrong, I like getting rewarded like everyone else, but there are so many things in my inventory now that I'm just a bit confused. Best example; seems to be a mission in 4 stages this month that can get you a mini tier 3 prem. tank if completed successfully, or I just got everything wrong about it??!! Idk.

How about the things that I didn't like about the game and made me quit 3 years ago, are they still present. Of course, and now there are even more of them (like WV). That means that I'm going to quit again this time for good? No, I don't think so. Why? Well, something's changed. The game feels, at least for me , more relaxing. No more FF, that's a really good move imo. Lots of frustration just got removed from the game. The mm is still +/-2 tiers but it seems much better as I often see full single tier games. Max. 3 artys/map another good move. And the list can get longer here, but I don't want to bore you with things that you already know.

So, am I a fanboy now, ready to praise WG for their work on the game in this period of 3 years?? Well , not exactly. My barometer of truth in this game is the Tiger tank, the symbol of all tank lovers on this planet, no mater the latitude. It got improved, sure, but is still kind of crap. I love that thing and keep playing with it no matter the amount of prem. autoloaders Russian super armour bias pos you get to meet in the game. Thank you for the new skin btw WG, its all banged up, rusty and thorn apart as a Tiger should be(no sarcasm) after he kills his 50 t-34, like irl. 

I would also like to thank skill4Itu for convincing me to return with his chill streams of WoT on twitch. I learned something v.important from that  guy. The answere to the main question that kept me away from the game. When things are going from bad to worse what can you do??

Nothing, my friend, nothing.

Cya around boys and girls! Apash out.

Inappropriate_noob #2 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles
Well hi there,sorry drunk,to muchtoread

Spurtung #3 Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75056 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostApash, on 12 October 2019 - 02:24 AM, said:

No more FF, that's a really good move imo.

What's "FF"?

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:59 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13147 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostSpurtung, on 12 October 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

What's "FF"?

Normally it stands for Fear Factory (a band). 

In this context it's Friendly Fire

Dava_117 #5 Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:32 AM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostApash, on 12 October 2019 - 03:24 AM, said:

I just come back to the game after 3 years(yes 3) of absence. I departed bitter and frustrated because of many game issues at that time, or at least issues that I considered to be, as such: arty, autoloaders, mm … the usual. After a good 2 weeks playing again I took in to consideration to share a bit of my coming back experience with you, if you are interested of course.  

First thing first, how do I find the game after such a long time? Well, not very different from then. It has better graphics and all sorts of new garage effects of course, but the core mechanics and way of playing is still there (I kept my self in randoms, no frontline or other mods). I find a bit confusing the amount of rewards (like blueprints) and piles of missions that I just lost track of. Don't get me wrong, I like getting rewarded like everyone else, but there are so many things in my inventory now that I'm just a bit confused. Best example; seems to be a mission in 4 stages this month that can get you a mini tier 3 prem. tank if completed successfully, or I just got everything wrong about it??!! Idk.

How about the things that I didn't like about the game and made me quit 3 years ago, are they still present. Of course, and now there are even more of them (like WV). That means that I'm going to quit again this time for good? No, I don't think so. Why? Well, something's changed. The game feels, at least for me , more relaxing. No more FF, that's a really good move imo. Lots of frustration just got removed from the game. The mm is still +/-2 tiers but it seems much better as I often see full single tier games. Max. 3 artys/map another good move. And the list can get longer here, but I don't want to bore you with things that you already know.

So, am I a fanboy now, ready to praise WG for their work on the game in this period of 3 years?? Well , not exactly. My barometer of truth in this game is the Tiger tank, the symbol of all tank lovers on this planet, no mater the latitude. It got improved, sure, but is still kind of crap. I love that thing and keep playing with it no matter the amount of prem. autoloaders Russian super armour bias pos you get to meet in the game. Thank you for the new skin btw WG, its all banged up, rusty and thorn apart as a Tiger should be(no sarcasm) after he kills his 50 t-34, like irl. 

I would also like to thank skill4Itu for convincing me to return with his chill streams of WoT on twitch. I learned something v.important from that  guy. The answere to the main question that kept me away from the game. When things are going from bad to worse what can you do??

Cya around boys and girls! Apash out.

Nice to see you enjoy the game.

Can I ask you how are you playing the Tiger? I really like the tank as its a really strong support HT. I play it with vents, rammer and optics and the ting got more view range than a same tier LT, 2.5k DPM and awesome penetration value for the tier.

I remember a time where I farmed a Type4 permatraking it. :trollface:

Bordhaw #6 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 15293 battles

View PostApash, on 12 October 2019 - 02:24 AM, said:

Stevies_Team #7 Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14798 battles

An intelligent post...

Reported;)

xx984 #8 Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65018 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

Good read, a nice post for once :D 

Feel free to add me and PM me in game if you like, Can help you get back into it a bit maybe :)

Edited by xx984, 12 October 2019 - 04:58 PM.

Apash #9 Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:09 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 31250 battles
  • [CRANG] CRANG

View PostDava_117, on 12 October 2019 - 06:32 AM, said:

Nice to see you enjoy the game.

Can I ask you how are you playing the Tiger? I really like the tank as its a really strong support HT. I play it with vents, rammer and optics and the ting got more view range than a same tier LT, 2.5k DPM and awesome penetration value for the tier.

I remember a time where I farmed a Type4 permatraking it. :trollface:

Yes, exactly. Its a really strong support HT and I play it as such. But It should be a breakthrough tank as it was irl but that's just my historical fantasy, cause we all know the mighty O-Ni, t-29 or KV-3 where the real thing back then , you know ….

Dava_117 #10 Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostApash, on 12 October 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Yes, exactly. Its a really strong support HT and I play it as such. But It should be a breakthrough tank as it was irl but that's just my historical fantasy, cause we all know the mighty O-Ni, t-29 or KV-3 where the real thing back then , you know ….

Well, you have to take into account it historically fought tanks that here in game are stock tier 5 and 4. In game is a tier 7 for branch composition reasons, mainly. If you want to try a more historical Tiger, the HT n°6 on Japan tech tree and the Tiger131 on German tech tree are both in the historical configuration at tier 6. The HT n°6 con be bought for gold while the Tiger131 is on sale from time to time with a zero perk BiA crew, IIRC. :)

Edited by Dava_117, 12 October 2019 - 06:05 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33576 battles

View PostApash, on 12 October 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

I don't think the Tiger was ever meant as a breakthrough tank, more as a long range mobile anti-tank/support gun.

The user manual told the crew to angle it at 45 degrees, so clearly frontal assaults were not envisaged.

My attempts at playing it in WoT were disastrous and I sold it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users