and on the forums too

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mr_Burrows #1 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49316 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

I feel this has been overlooked for way too long. It is time to speak up, to start telling the truth, to let the cat out of the bag. 

There are way too many heavy tanks in random battles. 

Heavy tanks induce stale gameplay slugging it out at corners like drunk heavyweight boxers. Many often camp behind friendly arty lines, leaving the rest of the team trying to take up their slack. Heavy tanks not seldom also refuse to move, relocating is not a thing among heavy tank players, even if a flank is failing they do not seem to be able to read a map or grasp the concept of pressing "M" to see the mini map in the first place. I am not saying heavy tank players are low on IQ, but what I suspect is another thing entirely. 

Heavy tanks have way too much armor. Heavy tanks also seems to attract way too many Bobs and Steves ending up on your own team, Bobs and Steves that wishes to just double tap "R" and still survive. Then when they do not survive they come to the forums and cry about it, demanding nerfs to prem ammo, arty, light tanks, medium tanks and the amount of plastic straws used at McDonalds. 

This cannot go on. 

I insist on, no I demand, a cap of heavy tanks in random battles. Make it three, tops, and never top tier unless at tier X where it is unavoidable to have top tier heavies sadly enough. Then also per default mute heavy tank players in game chat abilities, as heavy tank players should focus on double tapping "R" and drive recklessly into enemy fire, or camping in the back. 

Reducing the influence of heavy tanks in game will result in a more fluent game play, new maps being developed that does not entirely consist of corridors, open up new and interesting game play, free chat from whining about "spot!" from the inept geezer camping red line, make gameplay fun again and end world hunger. It is a win-win-win situation, not to mention that not that many prem rounds would be needed and thus the whining on the forums about "gold ammo" would also be reduced almost automatically. Win, again, as I frequently have to use prem rounds to have a decent chance of at all penning those overly armoured heavy tanks I always face in my lights and mediums. As I only got 39 mil credits atm it would really ease the burden on getting to 100 mil credits which I have set as a sort of personal goal. I will then buy 100.000 large repair kits if there is a sale, as I seem to need a lot of those.   

Sorry for rant, but this all had to be said. 

Am I being serious? Try to figure it out. 

HassenderZerhacker #2 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31636 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostMr_Burrows, on 12 October 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

I feel this has been overlooked for way too long. It is time to speak up, to start telling the truth, to let the cat out of the bag. 

Heavy tanks induce stale gameplay slugging it out at corners like drunk heavyweight boxers. Many often camp behind friendly arty lines, leaving the rest of the team trying to take up their slack. Heavy tanks not seldom also refuse to move, relocating is not a thing among heavy tank players, even if a flank is failing they do not seem to be able to read a map or grasp the concept of pressing "M" to see the mini map in the first place. I am not saying heavy tank players are low on IQ, but what I suspect is another thing entirely. 

Heavy tanks have way too much armor. Heavy tanks also seems to attract way too many Bobs and Steves ending up on your own team, Bobs and Steves that wishes to just double tap "R" and still survive. Then when they do not survive they come to the forums and cry about it, demanding nerfs to prem ammo, arty, light tanks, medium tanks and the amount of plastic straws used at McDonalds. 

This cannot go on. 

I insist on, no I demand, a cap of heavy tanks in random battles. Make it three, tops, and never top tier unless at tier X where it is unavoidable to have top tier heavies sadly enough. Then also per default mute heavy tank players in game chat abilities, as heavy tank players should focus on double tapping "R" and drive recklessly into enemy fire, or camping in the back. 

Reducing the influence of heavy tanks in game will result in a more fluent game play, new maps being developed that does not entirely consist of corridors, open up new and interesting game play, free chat from whining about "spot!" from the inept geezer camping red line, make gameplay fun again and end world hunger. It is a win-win-win situation, not to mention that not that many prem rounds would be needed and thus the whining on the forums about "gold ammo" would also be reduced almost automatically. Win, again, as I frequently have to use prem rounds to have a decent chance of at all penning those overly armoured heavy tanks I always face in my lights and mediums. As I only got 39 mil credits atm it would really ease the burden on getting to 100 mil credits which I have set as a sort of personal goal. I will then buy 100.000 large repair kits if there is a sale, as I seem to need a lot of those.   

If you are serious, I'd suggest you go play battlefield or cs go for more "fluent play".

Mr_Burrows #3 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49316 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 12 October 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

If you are serious, I'd suggest you go play battlefield or cs go for more "fluent play".

It could also be that I am poking at all the "remove wheelies, prem ammo, arty, TD, lights" threads... 

ThinGun #4 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40623 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
A simple solution is to create a further 10 tank classes, and only allow one tank of each class in any team.  I'm suggesting things like Sonic Tanks, Burrowing Tanks, Catering Tanks etc.

Miepie #5 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4682 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThinGun, on 12 October 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

A simple solution is to create a further 10 tank classes, and only allow one tank of each class in any team.  I'm suggesting things like Sonic Tanks, Burrowing Tanks, Catering Tanks etc.

Only nine new ones are needed; we already have plenty of septic tanks in the game. :D

PayMore #6 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27961 battles
This game aint about heavy tanks any more, its about decals, crewskins, ebrs & clanrewards.

ValkyrionX #7 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:30 AM

Major

• 54376 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

too many heavy tanks?

but really at present in the randoms at any level you see almost only mediums , light tanks and TDs and 3 arty in almost every game.

10:31 Added after 1 minute

View PostPayMore, on 12 October 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

This game aint about heavy tanks any more, its about decals, crewskins, ebrs & clanrewards.

so..whats wrong with "decals, crewskins, ebrs & clanrewards" ??  

ThinGun #8 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:56 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40623 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostMiepie, on 12 October 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

Only nine new ones are needed; we already have plenty of septic tanks in the game. :D

And fish tanks.

gitgud_cannot #9 Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29682 battles

what? give those full HT games, all im getting is full LT and minimum 5 TDS every game. from what i see there are a lot more tds in every battle than any other class.

p.s. 2,5k battles in leffe leffe...

Edited by gitgud_cannot, 12 October 2019 - 12:08 PM.

Bordhaw #10 Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15194 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 12 October 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

Heavy tanks are 2017

Dorander #11 Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
Given that you copied the title of a very recent thread about TDs I'd say you aren't serious:great:
12:50 Added after 0 minute

View PostThinGun, on 12 October 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

And fish tanks.

So long, and tanks for all the fish?

ThinGun #12 Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40623 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostDorander, on 12 October 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Given that you copied the title of a very recent thread about TDs I'd say you aren't serious:great:
12:50 Added after 0 minute

So long, and tanks for all the fish?

jabster #13 Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostMr_Burrows, on 12 October 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

It could also be that I am poking at all the "remove wheelies, prem ammo, arty, TD, lights" threads... 

I think it maybe.

Solstad1069 #14 Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44990 battles
With the good old MM from 2013 you could get all tier 7 heavy tanks. Tiger, Tiger P, T29, IS, KV3; AMX, Black Prince. So much fun :P

Dava_117 #15 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:19 PM

Major General

• 22906 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSolstad1069, on 12 October 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

With the good old MM from 2013 you could get all tier 7 heavy tanks. Tiger, Tiger P, T29, IS, KV3; AMX, Black Prince. So much fun :P

Oh, I got one of those match! 15 HT vs 14 HT and an Hellcat! :D

I died first as I was still a noob at that time... :hiding:

Mr_Burrows #16 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49316 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View Postjabster, on 12 October 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

I think it maybe.

You, sir, are on to something!

shikaka9 #17 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71904 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
This topic is so heavy

Edited by shikaka9, 12 October 2019 - 03:45 PM.

WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19346 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostMr_Burrows, on 12 October 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

This cannot go on. 

I fully agree with this stance.

If you have armour + HP + Firepower, and are not willing or don't know how to use it, you are the problem.

UrQuan #19 Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21572 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSolstad1069, on 12 October 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Can confirm this was a thing. T7 was HT or go home. So many good HT's at that tier. Albeit this is 29 HT's because I wasn't in one...

Serious reply: I don't like caps for any vehicle class (bar artillery due to their indirect fire ability) as it makes matches more bland & more predictable. Put in a cap & you'll get alot more matches with predictable numbers. I like the random nature of random matches, never knowing what I'll get & then work with it.

vp56 #20 Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3424 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Too many heavy tanks? Seriously? I find it increasingly difficult to find a half-decent brawl. What I am seeing way too much of is TDs. It's common to see 5 or more TDs per team, and when you add a couple of arties to the mix that means half of both teams are just passive base campers which chokes the gameplay. The number of TDs has been increasing over the past 1-2 years because with the recent changes they take minimal skill to play. Even less than before, believe it or not. They have the most alpha damage, the most penetration and the most risk-free gameplay along with arties.

A big contribution to the increased popularity of TDs is the awful, overly TD bot friendly map design where each new map(or a reworked old one) has these broken unflankable TD positions from where you can shoot at the key areas of the map without being shot back at. Studzianki has long bushlines for both spawns. Glacier huge camping areas for both sides. The reworked Kharkov has a big field for the camper bots. Erlenberg has a long bushline on both sides now, and it's flattened so there's no possibility to play proactively anymore. If you try to advance you always get shot at by a TD long before you spot him. The new Pilsen has a TD bot spot on each corner with tons of cover, making especially the "heavy side" unplayable. Steppes used to be a fine map until (once again) WG they added the zero skill camping corners to the medium side, effectively killing off the gameplay from the map. Ghost Town is nothing but a total [edited]fest, a big open map with elevated TD positions with both hard and soft cover, punishing all the good gameplay.

The HD map changes also added lots of broken bushes that can hide a FV4005 or JPE100 and you cannot outspot them which made many maps worse even without them being otherwise changed.

The bad, passive TD bots who were always the disease of the game(along with arty), don't have any reason to learn the game anymore when the map design is made to cater for their awfulness. Instead of giving them a reason to learn the game mechanics Wargaming dumbed down the game to the level where TDs by default get lots of free damage without having to expose themselves, no different from arties. They are now being given a substantial positional advantage in almost every map by default on top of the high alpha and penetration. All the other classes and anyone trying to proactively play the game pay the price for this and the result is inevitably more and more camping from all classes when there isn't any play available without losing half of your hitpoints.

And this high TD count is the exact reason why heavy tanks can no longer be played aggressively. You complain that your heavy tanks don't push and use their hitpoints/armor but the reality is that cannot do so anymore. I used to love playing heavy tanks for the exact reason that they could carry games, fight multiple enemies at the same time and lead the pushes. Now I hate them because they can't do any of that anymore - there's always a TD or arty ready to shoot at you whenever you try leave your cover and try to make a play. For this reason the correct play for a heavy tank is to take a position with as much cover from arties and TDs, camp it and hope the enemy runs out of patience first and tries to make a play.

Don't play the heavy tanks. Blame the TDs, arties and map design that take the playability out of heavies.

Edited by vp56, 13 October 2019 - 02:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users