So now that team damage is removed

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Unforgiving_Destiny #1 Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49578 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
So now that team damage is removed what to do with 45% bots pushing you intentionally in front of enemy ? and you can't even track them anymore let alone sending them back to garage, maybe with team damage removal it would be better to remove the ability to push allied tanks or something ?

ThinGun #2 Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40666 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostUnforgiving_Destiny, on 12 October 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

So now that team damage is removed what to do with 45% bots pushing you intentionally in front of enemy ? and you can't even track them anymore let alone sending them back to garage, maybe with team damage removal it would be better to remove the ability to push allied tanks or something ?

Based on a post I started about this, some weeks ago, apparently the answer is 'it's your own fault'.  

Edited*

Edited by darksum87, 12 October 2019 - 03:43 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

GustyOWindflap #3 Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1920 battles

The problem is if you can't push allied tanks then all someone has to do is sit behind you to stop you reversing. All you can do is be suspicious of any allied close to you.

Ragnaguard #4 Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 56603 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostUnforgiving_Destiny, on 12 October 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

enjoy what we feared most when they announced that the friendly fire will be off.....

hope u enjoy it..

next step i believe is turn chat off and leave only the radial menu on

Solstad1069 #5 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45138 battles
Never had an issue with this with or without team damage. But then i avoid place where i have to compete with my friends.

Sirebellus #6 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23521 battles

Pushing has become more prevalent from my experiences... I got pushed off the cliff on Mines twice last weekend because my light TD was easy meet for a bigger medium tank who wanted to be a TD...

But then, I never deliberately shot my team mates when Team Damage was a thing, but now I can register my displeasure at a teammates behaviour quite happily but shooting him... and still every 50 games I get a battle buddy medal...

Verbal_kint_742 #7 Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 54303 battles

At the past all that muppets making team dmg, were punished with 1 hour or 2(?) of ban.

Most of them never return to game after that hour. Or the other day.

With server population going down, WG decide to keep muppets on the server by remove the team damage penalty.

Even annoying they also could be used as 

• future premium tank buyers
  • punching bags for better players
  • battle team filling (instead of real bots)

Win-win for WG

pihip #8 Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16199 battles

Spoken like a true unicum, my hat's off to your wisdom good sir.

.... :harp:

No friendly fire is only a good thing, makes the muppets who resort to it waste credits and shots, and then maybe they wonder why they don't teamdamage/TK anymore lmao

Dorander #9 Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

So much false information on this topic as usual. The teamdamage system never worked well and was constantly abused, including by people who pushed others just to get them to blow a fuse and fire.

If you think that tracking the pushing ally is a good solution, tracking also gets you banned eventually, so if they keep pushing you, which apparently is such a prevalent issue (it's not), you'd get yourself banned sooner or later. Of course I've always been amazed by these stories as before or after team damage, for most people, nothing changed in how often they were pushed or why.

Of course the answer to the actual question is simple, you create a ticket and send the replay attached to customer support, along with the timestamp of the physics abuse situation, because unlike some silly claims, Wargaming doesn't have any interest in or benefit from allowing people to abuse the physics engine.

ThorgrimBrenadim #10 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34443 battles
For me the one thing I did hate about team damage was you could be punished when in fact if a team member had flipped due to the absolute garbage physics in this game, you where trying to right them before the count down timer ran out and they auto destructed.

Xandania #11 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44057 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
All I noticed is that with FF lights were let through more often at the beginnign of the battle to get into position than now - I also have seen losses due to this...

LordMuffin #12 Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostGustyOWindflap, on 12 October 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

The problem is if you can't push allied tanks then all someone has to do is sit behind you to stop you reversing. All you can do is be suspicious of any allied close to you.

You report them with a replay and timestamp to WG support. 

They answer, if done correctly ".....We have taken appropriate measured against player xxxxx....."

Then it is up to you to believe them or not.

Edited by LordMuffin, 13 October 2019 - 10:11 AM.

charlymp #13 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 86007 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

Immediately mention friendly fire. You have broken up the game with what you have done. the players operate completely arbitrarily. They are not interested in anything. They ruin the play of teammates and have no fear. It's the worst you've done. immediately remove protection from friendly fires. It's a disaster.

15JG52Brauer #14 Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 82260 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Well since the change I have only suffered abuse by pushing a couple of times - in both cases a ticket was raised - and then I observed the players in question took an aproximateley3 day break from the game I think. In any case the ticket seemed to have worked (I had screenshots and replays and a good description of the exact problem etc so support could see it was physics abuse).

Initally I saw a bit of stupid jostling in heavy tanks at chokepoints, but that can be avoided - I do howwever feel a lot safer in my light tanks now - there is no problem with someone running into you at start and shaving 20% of your hitpoints off, there is also no problem with Steve the IS7 driver shooting an HE shell into your rear because he doesnt think you are spotting when you are actually the one lighting up half the enemey team from your little boosh on the hill... no he KNOWS light tanks must yolo scout so now worst he can do is ping you - or maybe push you out - but in that case you should be able to realise what he is doing and move away to avoid it (and FF would not help you anyway).

Also to the guys who keep on saying they are constantly being pushed out etc - where are the replays? It would help to know what is causing this - or is there a reson you are insighting this sort of behaviour that you do not want us to know about? 

Overall I think it has made things better - trolls are going to troll anyway, and at least they cant troll you and make you go blue now - I suspect a lot of people want FF back just so they can troll others again .

mpf1959 #15 Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30054 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Easy, push them in front of the enemy! :izmena:

Dorander #16 Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postcharlymp, on 13 October 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Immediately mention friendly fire. You have broken up the game with what you have done. the players operate completely arbitrarily. They are not interested in anything. They ruin the play of teammates and have no fear. It's the worst you've done. immediately remove protection from friendly fires. It's a disaster.

Unlike before when we had friendly fire and everyone made rational decisions focused on winning the battle :teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:

Gnaal #17 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11555 battles

Nothing stopped them from doing it before. Now at least one doesn't lose credits if one rages out and starts shooting them :P

ThorgrimBrenadim #18 Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34443 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 13 October 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

You report them with a replay and timestamp to WG support. 

They answer, if done correctly ".....We have taken appropriate measured against player xxxxx....."

Then it is up to you to believe them or not.

Report system does still work, not sure how well but it is working so that is something.

AIZEN_GUARD #19 Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23856 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 13 October 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Report system does still work, not sure how well but it is working so that is something.

if 50000000 player use to report you then maybe get ban

LincolnTank #20 Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11176 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The problem with the current mechanic for reporting is that you physically need to send a ticket and attach a replay. Most  won’t/can’t be bothered and don’t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users