Jump to content


Triple girl crews for swedish t8-10?


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Gnaal #1 Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11581 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-27-2018

I currently have 1 girl assigned to the swedish tree (ikv 65 commander), and besides that I have normal crews for strv 74 and leo, as well as Emil 1951 (all being roughly 1-2 skills) which will most likely go to Emil 1 and stay there until I mark it.

 

Given the amount of stuff to get on these 3 crew top tiers, I'm thinking about whether I want to assign some girls/racers/etc to these tree. But I'd like some advice on how many are needed, does it make sense to make sure to have 3x girls in all these top tiers? If less which line and position is least important in your opinion?

 

How about the t8-9, is there any likelyhood that I'd want girls on e.g. Udes03 or Emil 2 rather than the tier Xs, given T8 importance (e.g. events like front lines) or the common thought that T9 is a sweet spot? And what about the meds, I'm completely clueless as to if I want to ditch my current crews once I feel like moving into the higher tiers.

 

Advice on other high tiers with low crew is also appreciated, e.g. T57 even if that is far into the future (at tier 6, have been for a long time due to not focusing), how important would girlies be on it, versus sticking them on one of the swedes?



DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:25 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 56619 battles
  • 3,123
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

the tier 10's all use 3 crewmen/women.

 

I myself have full female crews in all of them :) (what can i say ... i like the nordic women apparently)

tho its not important what gender they are. aslong as they have the right skills :) (not starting with a fresh crew in a T10 is a good idea)



XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

An optimum distribution in my opinion will be on the Kranvagn and the UDES 15/16. I don't think the STRV line needs a very good crew. It's a sniper tank with extremely good gun, very good camo and nothing else. Can't think of a complicated enough scenario were you will need a 5 or 6 skills crew.

 

The heavy and the medium on the other hand will definitely need that. Every bit of help regarding gun handling, camo for the UDES, mobility for both is important. As for the tier 8s and 9s...

 

  • UDES...nope!
  • STRV 103-0...pointless!
  • Emil I...you do have an Emil 1951 so no point in keeping that.
  • Emil II...It's a good tier 9 but if for whatever reason you didn't like the Kranvagn you could switch back to it. No sure if it needs its own female crew.
  • UDES 14/5...I'd surely keep that for FL or any other tier 8 event. Tier 8 randoms are not that bad either and it's a good TD/medium hybrid.
  • UDES 16...Again pointless compared to the tier 10. I wouldn't keep a crew for that.

 

The T57 didn't age well and i certainly wouldn't waste a good crew on that or the tier 8 and 9.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:59 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34515 battles
  • 4,867
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Commanders typically end up needing to pick up more skills than any other position, you should try and distribute your girlies among your tanks only in commander positions. 

Gnaal #5 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11581 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-27-2018

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 October 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

An optimum distribution in my opinion will be on the Kranvagn and the UDES 15/16. I don't think the STRV line needs a very good crew. It's a sniper tank with extremely good gun, very good camo and nothing else. Can't think of a complicated enough scenario were you will need a 5 or 6 skills crew.

 

The heavy and the medium on the other hand will definitely need that. Every bit of help regarding gun handling, camo for the UDES, mobility for both is important. As for the tier 8s and 9s...

 

  • UDES...nope!
  • STRV 103-0...pointless!
  • Emil I...you do have an Emil 1951 so no point in keeping that.
  • Emil II...It's a good tier 9 but if for whatever reason you didn't like the Kranvagn you could switch back to it. No sure if it needs its own female crew.
  • UDES 14/5...I'd surely keep that for FL or any other tier 8 event. Tier 8 randoms are not that bad either and it's a good TD/medium hybrid.
  • UDES 16...Again pointless compared to the tier 10. I wouldn't keep a crew for that.

 

The T57 didn't age well and i certainly wouldn't waste a good crew on that or the tier 8 and 9.

 

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not keeping the Emil 1 indefinitely, but I'll try marking it, then they can go on Emil 2 if I want to keep it I guess. Then one of the current med crews can go on 14/5 and girls for tier 9/10.

 

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 October 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

Commanders typically end up needing to pick up more skills than any other position, you should try and distribute your girlies among your tanks only in commander positions. 

 

Yeah, I've usually gotten girlie commanders on tanks with less than 5 crew, and also some with 5 when I think I need it, or if I just felt like I had too many getting bored in the barracks. Also have a few drivers.


Edited by Gnaal, 12 October 2019 - 11:18 PM.


Xandania #6 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:09 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44090 battles
  • 1,783
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 October 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

Commanders typically end up needing to pick up more skills than any other position, you should try and distribute your girlies among your tanks only in commander positions. 

 

I would have thought that all female crews would be remnants of the times their Sisterhood of steel perk wasn't working with BIA...

Though I admit I took a girlie alongside one of the race-reward-commanders for the Manticore so it'll be at least basically functional once bought...



Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33600 battles
  • 10,779
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

I find it worrying that we only have all girl crews with super powers

Surely in the interests of diversity we should also have super power crews from BAME and LGBT?

 

 



kaneloon #8 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:20 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31161 battles
  • 3,894
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011
With the 2M xp books you can just take a girl for commander and give the rest of the crew BIA with books.

Xandania #9 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:20 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44090 battles
  • 1,783
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 12 October 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

I find it worrying that we only have all girl crews with super powers

Surely in the interests of diversity we should also have super power crews from BAME and LGBT?

 

 


*Edit


Edited by xP4_warrior, 13 October 2019 - 09:57 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.


Schepel #10 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:26 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 66446 battles
  • 3,828
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 October 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

An optimum distribution in my opinion will be on the Kranvagn and the UDES 15/16. I don't think the STRV line needs a very good crew. It's a sniper tank with extremely good gun, very good camo and nothing else. Can't think of a complicated enough scenario were you will need a 5 or 6 skills crew.

 

The heavy and the medium on the other hand will definitely need that. Every bit of help regarding gun handling, camo for the UDES, mobility for both is important. As for the tier 8s and 9s...

 

  • UDES...nope!
  • STRV 103-0...pointless!
  • Emil I...you do have an Emil 1951 so no point in keeping that.
  • Emil II...It's a good tier 9 but if for whatever reason you didn't like the Kranvagn you could switch back to it. No sure if it needs its own female crew.
  • UDES 14/5...I'd surely keep that for FL or any other tier 8 event. Tier 8 randoms are not that bad either and it's a good TD/medium hybrid.
  • UDES 16...Again pointless compared to the tier 10. I wouldn't keep a crew for that.

 

The T57 didn't age well and i certainly wouldn't waste a good crew on that or the tier 8 and 9.

 

Got a female crew in my STRV. Camo, repair, SIS, sixth sense, some driver skills, FE: I got use for them. It helped WG gifted me a Female Svenska crew of course. Not sure I would have put them in there otherwise, but to say they are pointless, I am not so sure I agree on that.



Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33600 battles
  • 10,779
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostXandania, on 12 October 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:


As an ethnic minority our hamster-pal got superpowers in the forums....

 

*Edit


Edited by xP4_warrior, 13 October 2019 - 10:14 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate content.


Xandania #12 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:35 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44090 battles
  • 1,783
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 12 October 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

*Edit

 

*Edit


Edited by xP4_warrior, 13 October 2019 - 10:24 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.


Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:41 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33600 battles
  • 10,779
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostXandania, on 12 October 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:


*Edit

 

*Edit


Edited by xP4_warrior, 13 October 2019 - 10:26 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostSchepel, on 13 October 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

Got a female crew in my STRV. Camo, repair, SIS, sixth sense, some driver skills, FE: I got use for them. It helped WG gifted me a Female Svenska crew of course. Not sure I would have put them in there otherwise, but to say they are pointless, I am not so sure I agree on that.

 

I did have two full female crews in the Strv 103B and the Kranvagn until recently. Then the swedish mediums came out and i just couldn't justify all these skills in a very limited machine like the Strv. The more functionality the tank has and the more complicated the tasks it can do, the more you demand out of the crew.

 

I don't think the Strv past BIA, camo and some view range skills benefited much from the super crew it had. In my opinion, i can make better use of that in a medium.


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 13 October 2019 - 12:48 AM.


snowlywhite #15 Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:13 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26124 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

I go by the theory 3 crew tanks should have full free bia crews(female, events, prime, free bia from tank marathons whatever - it seems to rain with them anyway)

 

I went with only commander with free bia on french lights/bc and I think I was wrong. I still have 10 unrecruited girls from missions/last Christmas...

 

don't know why you'd keep crews in lower tiers:

 

- heavy; all line is bad, so... whatever.

- t9 med - crap gunhandling, doubt anyone enjoys it. T8 - no real turret armor and frankly, to grind fl, why would you need some super crew? It's fl, who cares. Doesn't even matter if you win or lose...

- tds - well, they all do the same(which isn't something very dynamic to begin with). No clue; if you like red lining, maybe here?


Edited by snowlywhite, 13 October 2019 - 04:14 AM.


VarzA #16 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:20 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27434 battles
  • 2,220
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostGnaal, on 12 October 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

I currently have 1 girl assigned to the swedish tree (ikv 65 commander), and besides that I have normal crews for strv 74 and leo, as well as Emil 1951 (all being roughly 1-2 skills) which will most likely go to Emil 1 and stay there until I mark it.

 

Given the amount of stuff to get on these 3 crew top tiers, I'm thinking about whether I want to assign some girls/racers/etc to these tree. But I'd like some advice on how many are needed, does it make sense to make sure to have 3x girls in all these top tiers? If less which line and position is least important in your opinion?

 

How about the t8-9, is there any likelyhood that I'd want girls on e.g. Udes03 or Emil 2 rather than the tier Xs, given T8 importance (e.g. events like front lines) or the common thought that T9 is a sweet spot? And what about the meds, I'm completely clueless as to if I want to ditch my current crews once I feel like moving into the higher tiers.

 

Advice on other high tiers with low crew is also appreciated, e.g. T57 even if that is far into the future (at tier 6, have been for a long time due to not focusing), how important would girlies be on it, versus sticking them on one of the swedes?

 

I had the same problem when i started doing high tier swedish tanks, maybe this will help you.

  1. driver has just driver function from what i recall, so it's not that important for this one to be special crew
  2. commander is the most busy because of triple function of loader + radio operator on top of commander, and because 6th sense adds more need by default to the commander
  3. gunner has also loader function, but on swedish tanks you want armorer trained up ... the guns tend to take a lot of damage (especially on meds/heavies)

 

So overall what i did, was to go for commander a special one, gunner a female crew, and driver a regular crew (with BIA trained fast on him).

 

As for tanks ...

  1. td line .... only strv 103b is worth it long term, but it needs the last advanced crew (like kuzkina said)
  2. heavy line .... emil II and kranvagn are worth it, emil 1 kinda sucks and emil 1951 is also kinda meh/bad
  3. medium tine, t8 is ok but is paper so not worth keeping, t9 has bad gun handling, so overall just t10 is awesome and amazing

 

So i went for 4 crews overall, 2 in the heavy line, 1 in the medium line and 1 in the td line.


Edited by VarzA, 13 October 2019 - 08:23 AM.


Pansenmann #17 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36455 battles
  • 13,955
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Postsnowlywhite, on 13 October 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

 

don't know why you'd keep crews in lower tiers:

 

 

you keep crews so you don't have to retrain everytime you want to drive something else.

I for example have all (regular) french heavy tanks in garage and nearly everyone has their dedicatec crew (not the AMX 65t)



Gnaal #18 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:59 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11581 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-27-2018

View PostVarzA, on 13 October 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

 

I had the same problem when i started doing high tier swedish tanks, maybe this will help you.

  1. driver has just driver function from what i recall, so it's not that important for this one to be special crew
  2. commander is the most busy because of triple function of loader + radio operator on top of commander, and because 6th sense adds more need by default to the commander
  3. gunner has also loader function, but on swedish tanks you want armorer trained up ... the guns tend to take a lot of damage (especially on meds/heavies)

 

So overall what i did, was to go for commander a special one, gunner a female crew, and driver a regular crew (with BIA trained fast on him).

 

As for tanks ...

  1. td line .... only strv 103b is worth it long term, but it needs the last advanced crew (like kuzkina said)
  2. heavy line .... emil II and kranvagn are worth it, emil 1 kinda sucks and emil 1951 is also kinda meh/bad
  3. medium tine, t8 is ok but is paper so not worth keeping, t9 has bad gun handling, so overall just t10 is awesome and amazing

 

So i went for 4 crews overall, 2 in the heavy line, 1 in the medium line and 1 in the td line.

 

Thats the crew setup for HTs and MTs, the TDs:

Commander >Gunner
Driver >Gunner
Radioman >Loader

I usually pick smooth ride pretty early, but while watching QB showcasing the TDs now, it doesn't look like aim time will matter much (you'll usually only move at 5-10kph anyway so barely any bloom), so seems one can definitely get away with normal driver.


snowlywhite #19 Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26124 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

the tds really don't seem to need ride/snap shot. You're either in siege and with pretty much laser accy or in travel when you pretty much have to be point blank range.

 

that being said, 3 men still has limitations. But with 4 skills you also get the VR ones which is ok; 5 on commander, but then at least commander has to have free bia anyway.

 

dunno, I have a full female crew for tds already waiting for me to have the nerve to play that line. Would I consider having another crew? Not in my life - I want to do the missions and never play them again. I know I won't like the line. But again, here a second crew can be justified if you like this type of play.

 

heavies - I wouldn't like them, so I don't know. I hate derpy gun handling and I hate heavy autoloaders. I love autoloaders in general, but I think heavy autoloaders are bad. You just put your team in a very awkward situation when you're top tier.

Here I really don't see why you'd need uber crews on a 2nd tank. At 3 skills/4 on commander you're set anyway as you don't need camo on a heavy. I mean, sure, firefighting/deadeye/adrenaline rush/stuff like that are all nice to have. But... very very far from essential.

 

you're left with the meds; where, again, imho you might want to keep the t8. Though it's the odd guy out due to lack of turret armor. Tier 9, from all I saw(and I saw quite a lot) has really derpy gun. A la heavy line. If you don't mind that...

On a med, good crew obviously helps.

 

But, if you go full ham on all 3 lines, it's already 9 special/female crew. Going 12 on a nation that doesn't have that many lines to being with, nor probably will get another one anytime soon(just got the med line) seems rather dubious...



Schepel #20 Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 66446 battles
  • 3,828
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 13 October 2019 - 12:42 AM, said:

 

I did have two full female crews in the Strv 103B and the Kranvagn until recently. Then the swedish mediums came out and i just couldn't justify all these skills in a very limited machine like the Strv. The more functionality the tank has and the more complicated the tasks it can do, the more you demand out of the crew.

 

I don't think the Strv past BIA, camo and some view range skills benefited much from the super crew it had. In my opinion, i can make better use of that in a medium.

 

Ah, but I got the Centurion rock crew for my meds. :-) I think the Swedes are the only ones with more zero skill BIA/SIS crews than I really need. :-)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users