EBR 75 - if you can't beat them, join them

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

OdyLankenau #1 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14628 battles

(and by "beat" I mean make them disappear from the game!)

I posted a rage quit a while ago about WVs (specifically the EBR 75, 90 and 105), but for some reason there's a hardcore group on these forums don't seem to give a sugar lump about how WVs are breaking/ruining the game for casual/average players like myself, despite there being a new "WVs are broken" thread on here almost every day. Most of the arguments for WVs seem to miss the point, and I can't be arsed going through them again, but the one argument I kept hearing that I couldn't refute was "you haven't played them, so how do you know what they're like? They're actually really difficult."  

Hairy danglies, I thought to myself, but I couldn't dispute it. So I've been waiting for the EBR 75 to come on sale and I've got my wallet out to see for myself. I was right. They're a piece of sugar-coated lemon-coloured excrement to play. Seriously, you're just an LT on steroids. They reward YOLO plays requiring no skill except knowing when to make a dash for it (which is atleast 50% luck anyway). 

Here's a link to my 4th game in the EBR (with only 2 hours sleep + 5 hours jet lag + not playing for 3 weeks): http://wotreplays.eu/site/5056440#el_halluf-odylankenau-panhard_ebr_75_fl_10

(this is not a brag post... I do not for a second consider myself a decent player, and I definitely do not consider YOLOing into the enemy a skill play).

Consider my axe thoroughly ground.

P.S. with no crew skills either.

Edited by OdyLankenau, 13 October 2019 - 08:38 PM.

Lanrefni #2 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37026 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA
Unimpressive.

TankkiPoju #3 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24785 battles
Cool

OdyLankenau #4 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14628 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 13 October 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

Unimpressive.

*Sigh* 

I'm not trying to impress anyone. If you watch the reply it typifies the BS I see with WVs all the time, and it certainly doesn't require much skill.

In fact my point is it's not impressive at all. That was my 4th game in a WV, which according to many are supposed to be difficult to play. It wasn't. They're broken - I just YOLO'd, wiggled around and auto aimed - and it probably ruined the game for the enemy team.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

This is awesome, one of the best ads for this tank!

Very light hearted post and extremely funny replay. You sir can shoot beautifully. I can see the hesitation at the start of the battle and the first shot at the Leo but after you left the cap all hell broke loose. The shot from the St. Emil was the icing on the cake. :teethhappy:

Lanrefni #6 Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37026 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

View PostOdyLankenau, on 13 October 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

*Sigh* 

I'm not trying to impress anyone. If you watch the reply it typifies the BS I see with WVs all the time, and it certainly doesn't require much skill.

In fact my point is it's not impressive at all. That was my 4th game in a WV, which according to many are supposed to be difficult to play. It wasn't. They're broken - I just YOLO'd, wiggled around and auto aimed - and it probably ruined the game for the enemy team.

I am playing these things practically every day, there is nothing new you can show me with regards to them. WVs almost entirely depend on the enemy team being unable to take lead, which needless to say, 90% of this games' player base cannot.

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29047 battles
Are you farming for qpranger likes?

Randomar #8 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30508 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 13 October 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

I am playing these things practically every day, there is nothing new you can show me with regards to them. WVs almost entirely depend on the enemy team being unable to take lead, which needless to say, 90% of this games' player base cannot.

>90%
>practically every day

You claim to know what 90% of this games' player base are capable?
Because you play with wheeled vehicles for a few weeks...

:D

Inappropriate_noob #9 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17659 battles
I have it, and am incapable of playing any LT's solo

OdyLankenau #10 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14628 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 13 October 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

Are you farming for qpranger likes?

OK... I just had to Google that; love this forum for its esoteric dismissal of the uninitiated. No, I'm not.

@Inferno - it's not just about leading shots (although you're right about that too) - it's the chaos they cause to an enemy that just isn't expecting one to pop up behind them and spot the whole team (90% of random teams), ruining the match for everyone except the EBR driver LOLing about.

Does no one give a damn about this? Or has everyone just come to terms with it and got one for their own giggles and to hell with the game?

strezahuzum #11 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49557 battles

The EBR is above all an excellent skypig hunter. It's the bringer of justice. It's the Batman of WOT.

I got one and it's pure joy to rush through the TD camper braindeads and pop up right at A0 where the skypig a-hole thinks he's safe and shitting away on people trying to have fun. <EVIL LAUGH/>. Two shots later he is done and I have enjoyed quite a few squeals of  outrage in the post-game chat. It feels good after years of being shat upon to finally have a tool that can reach out and slaughter the skypig. Not at the end, if you win. Early or mid-game, when he thinks he's still safe. :::)))

Inappropriate_noob #12 Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17659 battles

View PostOdyLankenau, on 13 October 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

OK... I just had to Google that; love this forum for its esoteric dismissal of the uninitiated. No, I'm not.

@Inferno - it's not just about leading shots (although you're right about that too) - it's the chaos they cause to an enemy that just isn't expecting one to pop up behind them and spot the whole team (90% of random teams), ruining the match for everyone except the EBR driver LOLing about.

Does no one give a damn about this? Or has everyone just come to terms with it and got one for their own giggles and to hell with the game?

Well, tbh yeah, as WG don't give a rats [edited], yeah to hell with the game, lol

Lanrefni #13 Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37026 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

View PostRandomar, on 13 October 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

>90%
>practically every day

You claim to know what 90% of this games' player base are capable?
Because you play with wheeled vehicles for a few weeks...

:D

oh look, I triggered one of them.

Skill floor and ceiling for that matter, for me on most tanks is much lower, than, as I already told you, 90% of the playerbase. They have yet to realise that they have WASD keys in their first few hundred battles, and 50k more that they have WASD keys on SPGs.

I could be playing WVs for 1 day,and it would not differ much from average LT's, just having much higher mobility, and much lower viewrange. It changes almost nothing for me, but it's clearly a change of heart for most of the players in this game.

Time is a relatively bad metric for throwing these kinds of assumptions.

Edited by lnfernaI, 13 October 2019 - 10:10 PM.

tajj7 #14 Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29099 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Congrats you found some bad enemy players, that shows what exactly? 

It's not exactly like light tanks can't drive into the El Halluf bases as well when the enemy is bad. They had four players who had greater than a 50% WR -

53% & 53% The Leo 1 platoon 

53% STA-2

54% <- Enemy Lynx btw. 

There rest of their team was awful. (lots of 45%/46% players in there, including a 46% IS-3 player who together with the T28 could have dominated that game easily) 

Your impact against them was 816 combined damage against the Leo 1s, you also did nothing against their IS-3, STA-2 or T28 proto. So basically their better players and top tiers failed and you exposed some terrible base campers, half of which were playing turretless TDs.  

I also notice you make no comment about the enemy Lynx 6x6 doing 33 damage and 196 spotting, what 'game breaking' figures by a WV there :D

Even your silly anecdotal example doesn't even show they are 'breaking/ruining the game' as you claim, what it shows is bad players are bad and WVs can punish base campers for their poor play. 

Consider your axe as blunt as every other WV whine, you've played 8 games in the tank and had one decent game thanks to some terrible enemy players, big whoop, come back when you have played 500 games, played the whole line and then claim they are easy to play. 

Edited by tajj7, 14 October 2019 - 02:35 PM.

gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13873 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostOdyLankenau, on 13 October 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

(and by "beat" I mean make them disappear from the game!)

I posted a rage quit a while ago about WVs (specifically the EBR 75, 90 and 105), but for some reason there's a hardcore group on these forums don't seem to give a sugar lump about how WVs are breaking/ruining the game for casual/average players like myself, despite there being a new "WVs are broken" thread on here almost every day. Most of the arguments for WVs seem to miss the point, and I can't be arsed going through them again, but the one argument I kept hearing that I couldn't refute was "you haven't played them, so how do you know what they're like? They're actually really difficult."  

Hairy danglies, I thought to myself, but I couldn't dispute it. So I've been waiting for the EBR 75 to come on sale and I've got my wallet out to see for myself. I was right. They're a piece of sugar-coated lemon-coloured excrement to play. Seriously, you're just an LT on steroids. They reward YOLO plays requiring no skill except knowing when to make a dash for it (which is atleast 50% luck anyway). 

Here's a link to my 4th game in the EBR (with only 2 hours sleep + 5 hours jet lag + not playing for 3 weeks): http://wotreplays.eu/site/5056440#el_halluf-odylankenau-panhard_ebr_75_fl_10

(this is not a brag post... I do not for a second consider myself a decent player, and I definitely do not consider YOLOing into the enemy a skill play).

Consider my axe thoroughly ground.

P.S. with no crew skills either.

Funny thing is that it's only 1st class :teethhappy:

snowlywhite #16 Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27895 battles

they don't reward yolo plays; they reward yolo plays against bad players. Which is a different thing. Except t10(which I think it's op, but no clue how to balance it) they're statistically mediocre.

The bad thing is they're a rng enhancer in a game which already has too much rng. If the enemy is bad, if enemy has bad luck when preaiming, they're great(basically if you're lucky). If not... tough luck, go to garage. As you can't do much else but yolo in them. Kinda like even 90; objectively the tank is bad. Yet it works due to size. Those work due to speed(or usually don't, as they tend to have the worst stats of any light for vast majority of players).

what annoys me is they produce campy games till they die. At least in my skorp, it forces me to play td position instead of 2nd line support when enemy has one. Which is unpleasant. I mean, you always have to assume you'll see a dumb yolo at the start if you don't have xvm. Thankfully they tend to die fast.

and obviously increases apcr spam; which I'm sure makes wg happy :)))))

Cobra6 #17 Posted 15 October 2019 - 07:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostOdyLankenau, on 13 October 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

I posted a rage quit a while ago about WVs (specifically the EBR 75, 90 and 105), but for some reason there's a hardcore group on these forums don't seem to give a sugar lump about how WVs are breaking/ruining the game for casual/average players like myself, despite there being a new "WVs are broken" thread on here almost every day. 

That is mainly because the majority of players in this game are average or outright bad. Statistically that means they are probably also the larger audience group on the forums.

This in turn means that the larger audience group doesn't necessarily have a good understanding of the game mechanics and thus creates a lot of obsolete threads on subjects they don't have a grasp on.

WV's are fine, the lower tier WV's are actually UP at the moment, the premium is good and the high tier ones are so-so. Thing is, they are great at hunting down and out-playing average/bad players which is why you see so many of them complaining about the WV's rather then finding the legitimate fault in their own play style, as usual.

Just because you, as an average player, had one lucky break and got a good match, doesn't mean WV's are a problem on *all* map in *all* situations and *all* kinds of engagements.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 15 October 2019 - 08:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users