Any good equipment advises for it? 

My idea until now. 

Vent + gun rammer + optic

snowlywhite #22 Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25778 battles

Vstab rammer optics?

Dunno, that's what i use on anything that can mount vstab. Otherwise bino on tds and vents on autoloaders

vasilinhorulezz #23 Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28251 battles

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 15 October 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

Hmm... at that time I was mostly playing STA-1 so I guess that is what I compared it against. Still, I found the accuracy quite good in practice, at least next to the sort of tanks I mostly play. Of course, it always depends on what you compare it against, but there aren't a lot of premium tank options for the Japanese tech tree, the HT side is even worse...

For a, mostly paper medium it's gun should be it's selling point, and in practice it's not, the gun is not reliable enough and the accuracy is bad. The line so far (I'm at STA-1) has been underwhelming and I hope at least the STB will actually be worth the pain. Also the STA-1 has horrible grind because it doesn't share any modules with the previous ones, so you are forced to grind everything or spend every bit of free xp you've got.

Karasu_Hidesuke #24 Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17085 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 15 October 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

For a, mostly paper medium it's gun should be it's selling point, and in practice it's not, the gun is not reliable enough and the accuracy is bad. The line so far (I'm at STA-1) has been underwhelming and I hope at least the STB will actually be worth the pain. Also the STA-1 has horrible grind because it doesn't share any modules with the previous ones, so you are forced to grind everything or spend every bit of free xp you've got.

I think what mostly made the STA-1 feel so horrible was you got used to the autoloader on Chi-Ri. Sadly, I think the main selling point is that there isn't anything else if you want a Japanese trainer for your medium crew. Chi-nu kai has a different crew layout, so you are stuck with either a partial solution at tier V or the Sta-2. I'm also aiming for the STB, some seem to think it's worth it, others seem to think it's not. I'll prolly get it anyway, and the Sta-2 as well....

VarzA #25 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:42 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Unfortunately, despite the buff, the STA-2 doesn't seem to be that popular, so few replays post-buff on youtube, but i did find a good one, to see how it performs.

I have played the STA-1, but not the STA-2 so far (loved the STA-1, i grinded the modules normally, no free xp used).

I have a 10 battle rental from TOTT, have to use it before i dismiss the rental tank and can claim mine from FL but i won't be using it in FL during this week (i prefer high alpha/clip tanks ... it's better for credits).

The above replay is why i think it's an OK tank for randoms and maybe even enjoyable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users