Jump to content


WG promoting a Heavy tank as a sniper


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Ricky_Baby #1 Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 73548 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

Get one of the super-heavy German tanks now!

The full text of the news item

 

WG promoting a Heavy tank as a sniper,that's going to go down well with team mates :amazed:

 



Negativvv #2 Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:44 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13519 battles
  • 1,973
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

Well it's gun is pretty accurate for a HT and it's alpha along with DPM is kinda poor so it could fill that role?

 

Very decent armour though so can side scrape and ridge line fight...



Ricky_Baby #3 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 73548 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostNegativvv, on 16 October 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

Well it's gun is pretty accurate for a HT and it's alpha along with DPM is kinda poor so it could fill that role?

 

Very decent armour though so can side scrape and ridge line fight...


So every Lowe can now sit at the back and snipe,because WG said it's okay to do so.Remember they did not say second line  support tank.They said Sniper.Tell you what I hate playing Heavy Tanks so I will just get myself a Lowe and snipe.And if anyone has a problem with that,then I say WG sold me a great Sniping Tank.Go complain to WG.


Edited by Ricky_Baby, 16 October 2019 - 07:38 AM.


ValkyrionX #4 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:37 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 53290 battles
  • 2,571
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

fairly useless controversy, the WG can write what it wants to promote the sale of its material in its game.

 

The lowe in certain situations can also be an excellent sniper , compared to other heavy tanks , when the situation requires it.

 

Useless thread.



Jauhesammutin #5 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:37 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23668 battles
  • 1,012
  • [FAUF] FAUF
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostRicky_Baby, on 16 October 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:


So every Lowe can now sit at the back and snipe,because WG said it's okay to do so.Remember they did not say second line  support tank.They said Sniper.Tell you what I hate playing Heavy Tanks so I will just get myself a Lowe and snipe.

By sniper heavy tank they mean a heavy tank that can also snipe.

 

I think everyone can play however they want as long as they are following the rules.



Ricky_Baby #6 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:42 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 73548 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostJauhesammutin, on 16 October 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

By sniper heavy tank they mean a heavy tank that can also snipe.

 

I think everyone can play however they want as long as they are following the rules.


I wish I had 14 team mates like you every game,unfortunately the ones I get are not as  tolerant and understanding.

06:43 Added after 1 minute

View PostValkyrionX, on 16 October 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

fairly useless controversy, the WG can write what it wants to promote the sale of its material in its game.

 

The lowe in certain situations can also be an excellent sniper , compared to other heavy tanks , when the situation requires it.

 

Useless thread.


You posted a response to it.



Spurtung #7 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:44 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 74308 battles
  • 6,518
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostRicky_Baby, on 16 October 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

I wish I had 14 team mates like you every game,unfortunately the ones I get are not as  tolerant and understanding.

 

Go be the sniper you so long to be while top tier. In the end, you'll have but yourself to blame and not WG.

 

If you can accept that, go for it.



Negativvv #8 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:46 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13519 battles
  • 1,973
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostRicky_Baby, on 16 October 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:


So every Lowe can now sit at the back and snipe,because WG said it's okay to do so.Remember they did not say second line  support tank.They said Sniper.Tell you what I hate playing Heavy Tanks so I will just get myself a Lowe and snipe.And if anyone has a problem with that,then I say WG sold me a great Sniping Tank.Go complain to WG.

People play as they choose regardless of WG propaganda...

 

Being able to snipe is helpful if you're bottom tier vs Super HTs but then again there's the 2 key and Lowe gold is pretty high pen.  

 

Slow speed aside, Lowe is able to be reasonably flexible with it's gun depression and gun accuracy.



Cobra6 #9 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • 17,552
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

The Lowe is a sniper that, due to it's atrocious DPM, is best used from long range and with cover at hand.

 

Of course bad players will always snipe with this thing and never be aggressive because they simply can't play the game properly or understand that even snipers need to be aggressive when the situation calls for it. But this is hardly WG's fault.

We've already established in the past that WG refuses to properly educate players so it's a lost battle.

 

Cobra 6



Negativvv #10 Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13519 battles
  • 1,973
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015
Sometimes the tank's class can "confuse" some players. Like the French Autoloader HT line where you have to be a second line HT or even do hit and run, that triggers people as they see HTs not brawling.

Stevies_Team #11 Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:45 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13575 battles
  • 1,393
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Its the only t8 on the site where you can't apply a discount coupon

 

Kinda weird since many people will be holding off for the new lowe-plus to arrive

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/e-75-ts



Neodymium9 #12 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19775 battles
  • 212
  • Member since:
    04-06-2017
Because it's garbage in the role of a heavy tank,no dpm,no armor (b-but you should sidescrape,yeah and lose the game because you didn't pushed)trash lp,engine gets knocked out every single shot you take,mediocre upper plate,defender pens you with standard ammo,mediocre speed,the defender/vk 100p/oho are way more suited for that role.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32165 battles
  • 16,797
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
Even back when I joined I  early '13 it was regarded as a sniper heavy.
What's new?

Spurtung #14 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:29 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 74308 battles
  • 6,518
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostNegativvv, on 16 October 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

Sometimes the tank's class can "confuse" some players. Like the French Autoloader HT line where you have to be a second line HT or even do hit and run, that triggers people as they see HTs not brawling.

 

Imagine the days when they were reloading and people gave them crapfor "hiding" because they coudn't prove it like nowadays, with a simple click on the F8...

08:30 Added after 1 minute

View PostBaldrickk, on 16 October 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Even back when I joined I early '13 it was regarded as a sniper heavy.
What's new?

Its armor dramatically improved.



parim1331 #15 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 7547 battles
  • 1,180
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostBaldrickk, on 16 October 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

Even back when I joined I early '13 it was regarded as a sniper heavy.
What's new?

 

I think it's just the fact that it's uncommon for a heavy tank to be labeled as a sniper.



unhappy_bunny #16 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:33 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19871 battles
  • 3,587
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostRicky_Baby, on 16 October 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

Get one of the super-heavy German tanks now!

The full text of the news item

 

WG promoting a Heavy tank as a sniper,that's going to go down well with team mates :amazed:

 


Did you also follow the link to the tank manual that is within that article? 

It contains the following

 

Because of the low damage per minute, it becomes clear that you are not the main damage-dealer of your team. However, thanks to its high survivability, you may potentially stay in the game for longer, and thus will be able to influence the battle more over time.

When at the top of the list, the Löwe can be played effectively as a frontline heavy tank, but if you find yourself in the middle or at the bottom, you'll fare better if you take a supporting role.


Negativvv #17 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:36 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13519 battles
  • 1,973
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostNeodymium9, on 16 October 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

Because it's garbage in the role of a heavy tank,no dpm,no armor (b-but you should sidescrape,yeah and lose the game because you didn't pushed)trash lp,engine gets knocked out every single shot you take,mediocre upper plate,defender pens you with standard ammo,mediocre speed,the defender/vk 100p/oho are way more suited for that role.

I'd imagine the Lowe goes behind a proper HT when pushing and can't be the Vanguard unless top tier or end game when there is HP to spend. 



UrQuan #18 Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:57 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21373 battles
  • 7,212
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

The Lowe makes for a good sniper tho. Just use it like that when appropriate. Being flexible in roles is how you win games. Be frontline when you got to be, support when required and snipe when needed.

Also Lowe is a great hulldown tank, that turret is strong.



SiliconSidewinder #19 Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:02 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29086 battles
  • 8,338
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

View Postparim1331, on 16 October 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

 

I think it's just the fact that it's uncommon for a heavy tank to be labeled as a sniper.

 

no it isn't, the long range engagment role was typical for german heavies or german tanks in general in WoT, before WG decided that all heavies were supposed to brawl and reworked the maps and the aim times to accomodate that point of view.

since then the classic german heavies, who used to be on par with the russians, have fallen out of favour.



____Green____ #20 Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:03 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24753 battles
  • 374
  • [B4LV] B4LV
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014

View PostRicky_Baby, on 16 October 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:


So every Lowe can now sit at the back and snipe,because WG said it's okay to do so.Remember they did not say second line  support tank.They said Sniper.Tell you what I hate playing Heavy Tanks so I will just get myself a Lowe and snipe.And if anyone has a problem with that,then I say WG sold me a great Sniping Tank.Go complain to WG.

You can try to snipe form mid ridge @ prohovka with 252u. Meaning "snipe" is not only about backcamping redline, you can play first line, ridges, peaks and snipe those who camp redline. Try to hit manlet with 252u or is3 from 50-70m and try it with lowe. Here lowe=sniper kicks in.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users