• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

mateyflip #21 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39576 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 16 October 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

I wasn't moaning. Stop trying to name and shame me. :teethhappy:

SLANDER!  From me against Unhappy bunny.  I do apologise sincerely.

THERE'S ONLY ONE UNHAPPY BUNNY! ONE UNHAPPY BUNNY!

(Footie chant)

8126Jakobsson #22 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 84934 battles
Golf. When I was younger my friend had a couple of clubs and balls. We used to play around the house and usually the goal was to hit the pole of that thing on which they hanged their clothes to dry. If a ball went too far and missing his mom would be called upon and shortly after we were game again. Mothers are amazing at finding things. I don't know how they work. One day their dog caught a ball to its forehead and lost some of its marbles. They had to put it down. Golf is evil.

Henk_die_oorwinar #23 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 16 October 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

I like this rant, espcially the golfing bit.

Because in golf, the player never loses because of lack of skill compared to his opponent(s). 

In golf, who do you blame for not winning? Of course, the company that made your clubs, or the ball, maybe blame the weather.It's never that the golfer is just not good enough to win or play well, its always someone else to blame. 

Just as well the players in WoT don't look at it the same way.

Dear mr Bunny. 

Firstly, please accept my heartfelt and sincere empathy  for what ever it is that makes you pink and unhappy. 

The point I was trying to make is that WGing uses the fact that people will accept loses as long as they win big enough when they win. It's a bit of psychology. 

Is the game rigged by WGing... anybody that has palyed more than a 1000 games and still thinks this game is skill based, is in denial... or a bunny.

Toodles.

06:38 Added after 4 minute

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 16 October 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

Ummm...a whole bunch of golfers do just that and buy new gear every summer.

Henk, I wish there was something to be done to soothe your pain and help you out. Unfortunately all you can do is put on your big boy pink Lacostes and deal with it.

Hahahaha, my man, that was a class reply. You have shown me the error of my ways and I will put on my big boy pants!

06:46 Added after 12 minute

Ladies, Ladies! One at a time please! For shame, have you no decency!

Lot of animosity for such an innocuous statement. For something that you feel is so ridiculous, you sure seem to have very strong emmotions about the subject.

Chaps, it's okay, admitting the problem is the first step in the healing process. The game is rigged so that they can keep you playing longer, it uses addictive characteristics to keep people online. It's is not new and WGing is not the only company to do it. 

But ultimately it does mean that the game is not skill based at all. Like "Skill" said, it is a lottery, you pull the lever and see what you get. In WOT your stats are given to you by WGing, you do not play for it. 

Is it a fun game, yes it is. It is designed to be fun; is it totaly and utterly rigged so that the individual remains firmly in a very specific bracket... yes.

Now I will be off to shoot some "auto pen" at some pixel tanks. 

06:48 Added after 15 minute

View PostNoobySkooby, on 17 October 2019 - 02:08 AM, said:

I kind of like his vent, nicely formulated:popcorn:

Thank you Nooby. I mean, I do try, it is nice to be appreciated.

Edited by Henk_die_oorwinar, 17 October 2019 - 08:02 AM.

Cobra6 #24 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 16 October 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Yes WGing! Ofcourse I will lose when you only allow me to pen 50% of my PREMUIM shots! So what you are saying is that I would pen even less if I was shooting normal non-special projectiles! WGing, please accept this incredulous: "FFS!" from me. 

Don't shoot HEAT at spaced armor, it's not difficult....

Cobra 6

Henk_die_oorwinar #25 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View Postmalachi6, on 17 October 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

Your problems start with failing to realise that not everybody is you and escalate from there.

Brig, this is the Captain... Black Adder.

Bud, I am pretty much every player in WOT. You on the other hand, are not. 

My stats put my firmly in the bunch, so when I speak, it is of the pain of the many, not the riches of the few. 

Now jog-on with your 51% winrate! You golden-spoon fed APCR merchant!

PS. your post should read: "escalate(s)" from there.

07:01 Added after 6 minute

View PostCobra6, on 17 October 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

Don't shoot HEAT at spaced armor, it's not difficult....

Cobra 6

Thx bud, but it was in my T-44  so it was APCR.But I do hear you, alot of people don't know about HEAT and spaced armour.

I will freely admit  that I felt dirty afterwards for shooting so much gold, but it was because the game was obviously  lost and I was trying to make a last stand... did not work!

These incessant 15/5 steamroll games are making me lose the plot! It is making me seriously question whether this addiction is even worth it!?

07:07 Added after 11 minute

View PostDorander, on 17 October 2019 - 02:05 AM, said:

Hey Henk, nice to see your most recent ban ran out.

The reason you don't play golf is that golfclubs don't necessarily come with a forum to complain on. You're welcome. :)

Whad-up D! 

You would be surprised dude, you think tankers complain... you ever been to a golf bar? It be cray cray! 

Golf is literally a "modders" wet dream! There are more addons and little hacks in Golf than biscuits in the Vicar's drawers!

07:10 Added after 15 minute

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 17 October 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

"I'm bad at pixel tanks , but I like the sound of my own voice." 

Say what? Bud, we have been over this before: you have really  got to try a bit harder. Your replies are lame, they are the literary equivalent of a dead duck on a birthday cake! 

"I am bad at pixel tank... bla bla jada jada."

Get in there dude! Get some raw emotion  boiling in you, [edited]feel the HEAT and own it! 

Then wake up and drink you cold coffee. 

07:12 Added after 17 minute

Peace chaps, got to go pay the bills.

Remember: Winners don't sleep!

Alone!

kaneloon #26 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32273 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

When a 10-5 steamroll occurs at 3 min WG should remove BIA and food on all attackers.

Done.

07:38 Added after 1 minute
Or give air strike to the losing team ;)

tajj7 #27 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postkaneloon, on 17 October 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

When a 10-5 steamroll occurs at 3 min WG should remove BIA and food on all attackers.

Done.

07:38 Added after 1 minute
Or give air strike to the losing team ;)

Or you could just accept the other team played better than you, deal with it and move on. 

LincolnTank #28 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11738 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Wibble

TomatoShooter #29 Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 16 October 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

But I will accept a 55% winrate aswell.

Should be easy if you keep playing T67, although 52% winrate and <500 dmg after 2000+ games will not be sufficient. You need to step up your T67 games.

edit: 71% winrate yesterday, you can do it boy!

Edited by TomatoShooter, 17 October 2019 - 09:49 AM.

unhappy__bunny #30 Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:09 AM

Brigadier

• 20852 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postmateyflip, on 17 October 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

THERE'S ONLY ONE UNHAPPY BUNNY! ONE UNHAPPY BUNNY!

(Footie chant)

Two Andy Gorams,  there's only Two Andy Gorams.

(genuine footie chant)

Edited for those who wonder what this is all about.  Andy Goram was goalkeeper for Rangers and Scotland. From Wikipedia

After it was reported in the press that Goram had a mild form of schizophrenia, Kilmarnock fans, in a game against Rangers at Ibrox, responded with a chorus of "Two Andy Gorams, there's only two Andy Gorams".[19] This chant quickly gained popularity, and became the title of a book documenting humorous football chants.[20] Goram left Rangers at the end of season 1997–98.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 17 October 2019 - 11:04 AM.

kaneloon #31 Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32273 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

View Posttajj7, on 17 October 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

Or you could just accept the other team played better than you, deal with it and move on. 

I hear you, but I don't think anybody likes to steamroll / be steamrolled. The idea was to slow the landslide ...

tajj7 #32 Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postkaneloon, on 17 October 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

I hear you, but I don't think anybody likes to steamroll / be steamrolled. The idea was to slow the landslide ...

The only think that is going to stop a landslide happening is if that winning team massively throws it away or you put re-spawns in, numbers advantage is massive in this game and is the general reason behind one sided games, if one team gets ahead its very hard for the other team to turn it around, it's pretty much natural for that to happen in a no re-spawn game. 

Nikka_Katajainen #33 Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16821 battles

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 16 October 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

One to many you say! Nay my good sir, I say to thee respectfully: ITS MORE LIKE 20!

A couple evenings ago it took me 17 games to get 5 victories (most of the losses were landslides), it was not fun but what can you do? It's a team based game, and most of us don't have the skill and/or tools to play 1v29 and win.

Bordhaw #34 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16078 battles

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 16 October 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

So, I asked my mate the one day: "Hey you wanky tosser, why do you play golf¿" 

To me this seemed like a good question to ask; Golf is just barely north of watching paint dry and they look at you funny when you take a dip in the pond??? WTF is a lad supposed  to do when he is four beers and a tequila  ahead and the sun be beating down?

Well, so my mate said: "Boet, it's  like this you see. I drive a Landrover, as such, I am quite used to infernal things driving me up the wall, but unlike my Landrover: every now and then the Lady Luck herself smiles on me and I make the perfect drive or I sink that long put. It is these moments that put all the other moments into place and make it all worthwhile."

Bloody silly bunch those golfers really.  

But sitting at the end of another 15/5 loss, I am starting to think. Is it just maby possible  that the lovely  people over at WGing HQ have looked at mildly addictive hobbies that people spend way to much money on(It's those pink Lacoste golf pants... the bloody things cost an arm and a leg) and keep comming  back to?

I am not going to go into the way that WGing manipulates games, their outcomes  and individual player's winrate; I personally  see at as an obvious  and glaring reality, but then there is a whole bunch of lovely young men -possibly a young woman too- on this forum that would gladly put me on a pyre and be done with it. Please note, my comment  about lovely young men is inclusive  of all the people here, but for Mr Jigobatchitcrazy or was thag Jigobatchy or Batchi? And his sidekick... the Slug, Pug, well some king of ****ug? Just imagine that, a nuclear pug! 

To them, WGing is the bastion of sportsmanship, sugar and spice and all things nice. Jolly good fellows that are just trying to make a buck... which strangely rimes with slug... you don't  think the Slug chap is some kind of WGing experiment that was supposed  to go to Roswell?

I am starting to feel a bit like the hippo in Hungry Hippos, you ask yourself at some point: Why do I do this! Why all the violence and the head bashing, if I really that hungry just have a biscuit! I mean, really,  at the end of it all, what does it mean to be green... or gray, sorry. Do I really  need to go through all this again and again, all I wanted, all I ever really wanted: was to be me!!!:

The golfer might ask: Why don't  I just chuck this stupid white ball in the foookin hole, give the snoty toss pot that I playing with the finger and then have a scone and a cuppa? You know, one of those really  naughty scones with the cream and the strawberry jam... ooowh be still my beating heart! Thou does betray my yearing!

Instead ofcourse; what we all do is: line up on the "t"... get told that, that is infact the ladies "t"... get asked to please play the shot from the mens "t"... take the shot and the promptly put on the old Wellies as I need to go boldly forth to retrieve my ball for the pond... in which I may still not take a dip!!!! 

So it is also with Tanks. You get pigeonholed into a losing team, were you are handed a stick with a nob on the end and told to go fight a bunch of tier 10 space marines with nuclear gatling canons. This is also know as the aforementioned RNG. RNG explains why I shoot 40... yes forty gold shots and pen 20 in a tier 8 game that we lost....... wait for it...........

wait

wait for it.....

DAIRY!

sorry, wrong story.

We lost: 15/5! 

Yes WGing! Ofcourse I will lose when you only allow me to pen 50% of my PREMUIM shots! So what you are saying is that I would pen even less if I was shooting normal non-special projectiles! WGing, please accept this incredulous: "FFS!" from me. 

Oooh yes, before I forget, as the title of my little tirade says:

I want my money back! But I will accept a 55% winrate aswell, so you chaps over there in Novgorod go pow wow and get uncle Henk his winning ticket! You savvy?

Baldrickk #35 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32316 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
FFS...

15:5 is one of the top 3 expected results
(15:5 Through 15:7)

It's a no respawns game.
It snowballs by design.
It's nothing new.

It's always been this way... since WOT started.
Since you started playing...

Karasu_Hidesuke #36 Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17446 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

:amazed:

I'll have to pop over later on to give a like, seems I've been overly positive today. Can't see how that happened having even played some WoT.

fwhaatpiraat #37 Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 61793 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBaldrickk, on 17 October 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

FFS...

15:5 is one of the top 3 expected results
(15:5 Through 15:7)

It's a no respawns game.
It snowballs by design.
It's nothing new.

It's always been this way... since WOT started.
Since you started playing...

Good to know :)

Could you drop some more numbers (percentages) about battle results?

DuncaN_101 #38 Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57356 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 16 October 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

Oh look...it's him again.....the last holiday from the forum must have ended.

Just my thoughts 

Baldrickk #39 Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32316 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 18 October 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

Good to know :)

Could you drop some more numbers (percentages) about battle results?

Hey, you know what? I can!

I even (gasp!) have a link to a thread for you:

http://forum.worldof...the-mm/#topmost

:P

The graph in question is https://i.imgur.com/mmoxmtI.png

The value along the bottom is score delta, so 15:5 (either way) comes out as 10 (also a 10:0 cap)

Edited by Baldrickk, 18 October 2019 - 02:56 PM.

Miepie #40 Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5745 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBaldrickk, on 18 October 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Hey, you know what? I can!

I even (gasp!) have a link to a thread for you:

http://forum.worldof...the-mm/#topmost

:P

The graph in question is https://i.imgur.com/mmoxmtI.png

The value along the bottom is score delta, so 15:5 (either way) comes out as 10 (also a 10:0 cap)

Arrest this man
He talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge
He's like a detuned radio

:angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users