What Do Vheeled Wehicles Actually Bring to The Game?

Gameplay Not a Rant Pointless?

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #1 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42992 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Before we begin I would like to say that this isn't your a-typical anti rant, rather an attempt to understand what these things add to gameplay.

Personally, I'm not 100% sure why Vheeld Wehicles are in the game.

I play a lot of arty and rarely encounter them & only then at the end of the game so that blows the 'arty counter' argument out of the water.

View range is poor so they make poor scouts.

They have this auto aim feature which is easily countered if you know you're being targeted (granted this does require a nimble tank).

In summary, they seem to be pretty much a one-trick pony that adds nothing more than a comedic element6 to the game which wasn't previously there.

Now, I'm all for new content & I'm certainly not going to be one of those clamouring for their removal, but I am struggling to understand why they are here at all.

Thoughts?

Geoffrey_Ironfist #2 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28201 battles
  • [YBB] YBB
They make SPGs even less worth playing

Inappropriate_noob #3 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Yolo fun and lot of it, lol, they don't exactly strike me as sit in a bush style LT's such as the Even 90, and they are so fast reaction times,(mine) are to slow to do anything with em,love em lots though

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 October 2019 - 03:09 AM, said:

In summary, they seem to be pretty much a one-trick pony

Sorry for answering with a question but what do you think this trick is? The auto aim feature, the speed or the very good gun handling?

Inappropriate_noob #5 Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:16 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 October 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

Sorry for answering with a question but what do you think this trick is? The auto aim feature, the speed or the very good gun handling?

Definitely the speed,auto aim far too tricky

ThorgrimBrenadim #6 Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33907 battles

They show the physics mechanics are broken to H*ll and do not apply equally to all types in this game.

Packs of wheelies along with the likes of the LT-432 are destroying the Frontlines game mode. 

Most if not all mediums can not turn and rotate their turret quick enough to engage these things this one point alone shows a game mechanic that is broken. If these things can move round you dealing HE damage that can often be as high per shot as a good medium of the same tier have preferential auto lock ie they just need reasonable proximity not dead-on to lock auto aim wizz round at close range with little loss of speed from turning going up hill etc then this needs nerfing  a lot. 

The physics side doing jumps 3-4 and more times the length of the machine -23 times it's height and even personally seen well over 3 times and they land with ZERO damage well don't know what that dev was smoking at the time but no way was it legal. 

Geoffrey_Ironfist #7 Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28201 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 October 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

It is a one trick pony with two more tricks up its sleeve. Actually here is a fourth trick: it makes previous spotting locations obsolete, so it can spot ahead of all other light tanks and can forestall enemy non-wheeled vehicles from taking their usual positions. So it has auto-aim, speed, good gun handling, rendering all other types of light vehicles less useful and it can go backward as fast as forward. Oh, that's five tricks and it can fall off cliffs unhurt and always land upright, so that's seven tricks that other light tanks don't have. Seven tricks and if you shoot it, your shot goes right through it and if it doesn't go through it, then half the time it bursts a tyre but the little cockroach can keep going ...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 17 October 2019 - 05:48 AM, said:

It is a one trick pony with two more tricks up its sleeve. Actually here is a fourth trick: it makes previous spotting locations obsolete, so it can spot ahead of all other light tanks and can forestall enemy non-wheeled vehicles from taking their usual positions. So it has auto-aim, speed, good gun handling, rendering all other types of light vehicles less useful and it can go backward as fast as forward. Oh, that's five tricks and it can fall off cliffs unhurt and always land upright, so that's seven tricks that other light tanks don't have. Seven tricks and if you shoot it, your shot goes right through it and if it doesn't go through it, then half the time it bursts a tyre but the little cockroach can keep going ...

My intention behind that question to the OP is to understand his question better so i can give a relevant and clear answer. I understand what you're saying and most of it is true but that is more like a description of the vehicles and their performance. Now Erwin is asking about something else: what do they bring to the game? not how are they doing in the game?

I also understand that my question this early in the thread could make for a very good "medium" or "blank" to quote and convey whatever you want to say through but that's not a nice thing to do, is it? :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 17 October 2019 - 03:05 AM.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #9 Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28201 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 October 2019 - 03:04 AM, said:

My intention behind that question to the OP is to understand his question better so i can give a relevant and clear answer. I understand what you're saying and most of it is true but that is more like a description of the vehicles and their performance. Now Erwin is asking about something else: what do they bring to the game? not how are they doing in the game?

I also understand that my question this early in the thread could make for a very good "medium" or "blank" to quote and convey whatever you want to say through but that's not a nice thing to do, is it? :)

You pointed out three ways in which wheeled vehicles are better than regular light tanks, so I added some more. That's what they bring to the game in my view. Those 9 things I listed, which were not really there before.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 17 October 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

You pointed out three ways in which wheeled vehicles are better than regular light tanks, so I added some more. That's what they bring to the game in my view. Those 9 things I listed, which were not really there before.

Yeah but which one of these things you or i listed are the one trick the OP is talking about? Don't you think it's better to understand a question fully before answering one? I quoted that particular part of his post for a reason and i quoted him specifically.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 17 October 2019 - 03:45 AM.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #11 Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28201 battles
  • [YBB] YBB
I am not saying that Erwin should not respond to your question, I am all for it.

BeefCrtinBandit #12 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7569 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
oh, a dinger whining about something. excuse me while I play the world's smallest violin.

Spurtung #13 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74396 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 17 October 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

They show the physics mechanics are broken to H*ll and do not apply equally to all types in this game.

Packs of wheelies along with the likes of the LT-432 are destroying the Frontlines game mode. 

Most if not all mediums can not turn and rotate their turret quick enough to engage these things this one point alone shows a game mechanic that is broken. If these things can move round you dealing HE damage that can often be as high per shot as a good medium of the same tier have preferential auto lock ie they just need reasonable proximity not dead-on to lock auto aim wizz round at close range with little loss of speed from turning going up hill etc then this needs nerfing  a lot. 

The physics side doing jumps 3-4 and more times the length of the machine -23 times it's height and even personally seen well over 3 times and they land with ZERO damage well don't know what that dev was smoking at the time but no way was it legal. 

So...a tank that can't turn turret and rotate hull as fast as the enemy circling it is a broken mechanic in itself or are you just gonna cherry pick mediums against wheeled vehicles?

As per the no damage landing...LOL, I've lost full HP more than once, so I can only tell you to try them, in the testserver, so you don't have to waste much time, and come back bragging about how OP they are. And yes, try tier 6-10.

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 17 October 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

Actually here is a fourth trick: it makes previous spotting locations obsolete, so it can spot ahead of all other light tanks and can forestall enemy non-wheeled vehicles from taking their usual positions.

Let me guess, by using its superior viewrange, amirite?

it can go backward as fast as forward.

Also nope.

it can fall off cliffs unhurt and always land upright

Yeah, I've seen some flapping their wings over water too. True story.

if you shoot it, your shot goes right through it and if it doesn't go through it, then half the time it bursts a tyre but the little cockroach can keep going ...

Check their hitboxes: most times there's nothing behind what you're hitting. You know, just like when you shoot wheels of regular behicles besides the first and last...

Edited by Spurtung, 17 October 2019 - 08:23 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:22 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42992 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 16 October 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

They make SPGs even less worth playing

They really don't - as I have said, I hardly ever see them.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 16 October 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

Sry for the delayed reply - basically, I was referring to their super-speed ability.

Only really useful in very specific circumstances.

None of those are tricks my friend.

07:26 Added after 3 minute

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 October 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

Before we begin I would like to say that this isn't your a-typical anti rant, rather an attempt to understand what these things add to gameplay.

Personally, I'm not 100% sure why Vheeld Wehicles are in the game.

I play a lot of arty and rarely encounter them & only then at the end of the game so that blows the 'arty counter' argument out of the water.

View range is poor so they make poor scouts.

They have this auto aim feature which is easily countered if you know you're being targeted (granted this does require a nimble tank).

In summary, they seem to be pretty much a one-trick pony that adds nothing more than a comedic element6 to the game which wasn't previously there.

Now, I'm all for new content & I'm certainly not going to be one of those clamouring for their removal, but I am struggling to understand why they are here at all.

Thoughts?

View PostBeefCrtinBandit, on 17 October 2019 - 04:12 AM, said:

oh, a dinger whining about something. excuse me while I play the world's smallest violin.

I realise that reading can be difficult for some, so I've highlighted the important part for you.

Posts from people who reply without even reading the FIRST SENTENCE of the OP......................:facepalm:

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 17 October 2019 - 08:23 AM.

Homer_J #15 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 October 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

Yet again they have EXACTLY the same autoaim as every other tank in the game, they have a different lock on mechanism which is less reliable than the regular one but doesn't need the enemy outline showing, and often doesn't work even if you do have the outline.

07:31 Added after 1 minute

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 October 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

Thoughts?

Yet more comments on wheelies from someone who has zero battles in them on their service record.

I guess you are waiting for the German wheeled line.

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42992 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 17 October 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

Yet again they have EXACTLY the same autoaim as every other tank in the game, they have a different lock on mechanism which is less reliable than the regular one but doesn't need the enemy outline showing, and often doesn't work even if you do have the outline.

The lock on mech was what I was referring to - my apologies for not making myself clear.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 October 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Sry for the delayed reply - basically, I was referring to their super-speed ability.

Only really useful in very specific circumstances.

Providing very aggressive spotting beyond the limits of normal light tanks game play. That's what the developers said about the wheeled vehicles in their Q&A during Gamescom 2019.

Unstoppable and very fast they do just that and they also have nice camo and extremely good gun handling as a bonus.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 17 October 2019 - 08:32 AM.

Homer_J #18 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 October 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

Do you mean the boost?  You know that got removed before they were put on general release?

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42992 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 17 October 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

07:31 Added after 1 minute

Yet more comments on wheelies from someone who has zero battles in them on their service record.

I guess you are waiting for the German wheeled line.

Did you even read the OP?

I'm struggling to understand what these things bring to the game and, as yet, I haven't seen a single thing that convinces me.

If you look closely at my service record, you will see only one French vehicle played (the free TD given away recently). So, with that in mind, what makes you think I don't have another acc used to play French vehicles exclusively?

07:36 Added after 0 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 17 October 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Do you mean the boost?  You know that got removed before they were put on general release?

Yes, I'm quite aware of that too.

Homer_J #20 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 October 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

The lock on mech was what I was referring to - my apologies for not making myself clear.

You need to try it then because it's rubbish.

Click click click lock click damn didn't realise it had locked click click click

Also tagged with Gameplay, Not a Rant, Pointless?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users