Jump to content


No assistance damage on spotting


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

wAr_God_11 #1 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:19 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22836 battles
  • 109
  • [SYFY] SYFY
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

just missed my lt15-4 with honors :ohmy: 

idk if i am missing something here, but why did i only got 58 damage on spotting skoda t50 ,he was lit the whole time.

 

http://wotreplays.eu...-panhard_ebr_90

 

also, i know i missed it because of rookie mistake, don't come charging at me. :trollface:


Edited by wAr_God_11, 17 October 2019 - 12:23 AM.


Spurtung #2 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:43 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77361 battles
  • 7,451
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

I didn't watch the replay, but if you only got 58 dmg on assisted spotting, two things could have happened:

- a lot of people were spotting him too, and you got your slice

- the one shooting the most was spotting himself and you got some partial assist from someone else's shot



wAr_God_11 #3 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:52 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22836 battles
  • 109
  • [SYFY] SYFY
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostSpurtung, on 17 October 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

I didn't watch the replay, but if you only got 58 dmg on assisted spotting, two things could have happened:

- a lot of people were spotting him too, and you got your slice

- the one shooting the most was spotting himself and you got some partial assist from someone else's shot

the thing is,i spotted him first, then kept him spotted the whole time, then how did it got distributed, the only spot i got from him is from the first hit he took for around 350



XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:54 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

If more than one person is spotting a target at the same time, they split the spotting XP and credits for any damage done to the target at the time each shot is fired. Since the Skoda was in spotting range to the tanks shooting him (the Progetto for example), you didn't get any spotting. They were doing the spotting and the shooting in this case.

 

One bit of advice, when you are this close like you were with the Lowe use the auto aim. Also don't get too excited when you have a good game. :)



Spurtung #5 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77361 battles
  • 7,451
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostwAr_God_11, on 16 October 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

the thing is,i spotted him first, then kept him spotted the whole time, then how did it got distributed, the only spot i got from him is from the first hit he took for around 350

 

Spotting him first means...you spotted him first, that's it, it has zero to do with assisted damage.



wAr_God_11 #6 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:19 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22836 battles
  • 109
  • [SYFY] SYFY
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostSpurtung, on 17 October 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

 

Spotting him first means...you spotted him first, that's it, it has zero to do with assisted damage.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 October 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

If more than one person is spotting a target at the same time, they split the spotting XP and credits for any damage done to the target at the time each shot is fired. Since the Skoda was in spotting range to the tanks shooting him (the Progetto for example), you didn't get any spotting. They were doing the spotting and the shooting in this case.

 

i m confused, spotting an already spotted target ( progetto spotting the target which was already lit by me) which was never unspotted is the reason the assistance got distributed ? even the grille and panther 2 were in his spotting range but i got all the spotting damage.

 

I m still no08, please clarify my mistake if i m still missing something here.

 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 October 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

One bit of advice, when you are this close like you were with the Lowe use the auto aim. Also don't get too excited when you have a good game. :)

was trying to track him, but tortoise was quick :teethhappy:



XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:29 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostwAr_God_11, on 17 October 2019 - 04:19 AM, said:

i m confused, spotting an already spotted target ( progetto spotting the target which was already lit by me) which was never unspotted is the reason the assistance got distributed ? even the grille and panther 2 were in his spotting range but i got all the spotting damage.

 

I m still no08, please clarify my mistake if i m still missing something here.

 

was trying to track him, but tortoise was quick :teethhappy:

 

You're not a noob at all judging by what i saw in the replay which is good and disciplined light game play. Just need better control over the vehicle and your gun. :)

 

If you spotted the Skoda first then the Progetto moved in and could spot for himself and shoot the Skoda then there is no spotting damage here for anyone. Neither you nor the Progetto, that's why i underlined "at the time each shot is fired". You get the spotting part from the people shooting from far away and who are not spotting for themselves.

 

The Skoda simply put himself in the view range of everyone including you unlike the two borsig, the ltwt, the Grille 15, etc. Those you were spotting yourself for people who are just shooting and not spotting.



Spurtung #8 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:32 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77361 battles
  • 7,451
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostwAr_God_11, on 17 October 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

i m confused, spotting an already spotted target ( progetto spotting the target which was already lit by me) which was never unspotted is the reason the assistance got distributed ? even the grille and panther 2 were in his spotting range but i got all the spotting damage.

 

I m still no08, please clarify my mistake if i m still missing something here.

 

Check the battle report's "main" page.

Each vehicle has 7 columns:

- Stun - shows you how many times you've stunned that target, hovering over the icon tells you that again, and for how long it was stunned by you, and how much damage was done to it while stunned by you

- Spotting - the icon means you were the first tank spotting that target

- Assistance in destroying - shows how much damage you've assisted, hovering over the icon tells you how much from spotting and how much from tracking

- Armour

- Crits

- Damage

- Destruction

 

So, for each target. you may have the Spotting, but not a single HP assisted.

 

Imagine rushing around the corner with 3 allies. You go in front. You're promptly destroyed by 5 tanks. You spotted those 5, as you were the first "seeing" them, but you didn't even have time to shoot, so you damage nothing and you assist nothing.

 

In that replay, which I repeat I didn't watch, you may have been the first seeing the tank, but the actual damage was done by someone ALSO spotting that tank. You could very well be seeing it the whole time, but you were not the only one doing so, and most of the damage was not done with the NEED of your spotting, which is what assisted damage boils down to: the damage that would not be possible to do without your direct intervention, because you either tracked a target or you were the one (or one of the ones) keeping a target spotted so an allied tank, that's unable to see that tank himself, can shoot it.


Edited by Spurtung, 17 October 2019 - 01:33 AM.


Dorander #9 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:35 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,042
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostwAr_God_11, on 17 October 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

 

i m confused, spotting an already spotted target ( progetto spotting the target which was already lit by me) which was never unspotted is the reason the assistance got distributed ? even the grille and panther 2 were in his spotting range but i got all the spotting damage.

 

I m still no08, please clarify my mistake if i m still missing something here.

 

 

Quick rundown of spotting and assisted damage mechanics:

 

What you can spot depends on your effective spot range, reduced by the enemy's effective camouflage value. Besides the relative tank statistics this is also affected by hard and soft cover in between you and your target's spotting points. Every tank has 6 points on their model which, if visible from your 2 spot-from points, will cause them to be spotted if your effective spot range exceeds the value reduced by their effective camouflage value. These six points are mid-front, mid-back, mid-left and mid-right side on the chassis, and the base of your gun and your commander's hatch.

 

The base of your gun and your commander's hatch are your spot-from points, which means if from one of these two positions a straight unobstructed line can be drawn to one of the six aforementioned locations on the enemy tank, and your effective spotting range reduced by enemy camouflage value is higher than the distance between your spot-from point and one of the six spotting points, means you spot your target.

 

You get an experience bonus from "enemy spotted" tanks for being the first to spot a previously unspotted enemy tank. This is a flat bonus only for the first sighting and has no bearing on assisted damage by spotting. This is a bonus that easily causes confusion as Wargaming for some reason decided to not make a clear difference in terminology between this and assisted damage from spotting. So those tanks you get counted as being spotted by you in your damage logs, is only this flat bonus, and has nothing to do with any damage dealt. Any spotted tank remains spotted for the full duration of the spot, unless somebody keeps spotting that tank, in which case the duration is 5-10 seconds from the last system spot calculation. This means that it does not matter who spots a target first for assisted damage, all that matters is who is spotting it currently, lacking that, who spotted it last.

 

Assisted damage is pretty simple. Every time somebody fires a shot, the game divides xp and credit rewards for damage dealt depending on who is spotting the target. Nobody spotting (blindshot): 100% credit to the tank firing the shell. If you are currently spotting the target you deal damage to, regardless of who spotted the tank first or when, you get 100% of the credit. It doesn't matter if somebody else saw it first or if the tank ever was unspotted in between, all that matters is that your own tank meets the criteria of one of your spot-from points drawing a straight unobstructed line to one of the six spotting points, and that the target is within effective spotting range modified by the target's camouflage value.

 

If the latter is not the case and the tank is visible because somebody else is spotting it, you split the credit, 50% to you and 50% to your spotters. If multiple tanks other than you are spotting the target according to the aforementioned spot system, that 50% gets split evenly amongst them, while whomever does the damage retains 50% of the total.



wAr_God_11 #10 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:41 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22836 battles
  • 109
  • [SYFY] SYFY
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 October 2019 - 01:29 AM, said:

If you spotted the Skoda first then the Progetto moved in and could spot for himself and shoot the Skoda then there is no spotting damage here for anyone. Neither you nor the Progetto,

 

View PostSpurtung, on 17 October 2019 - 01:32 AM, said:

Imagine rushing around the corner with 3 allies. You go in front. You're promptly destroyed by 5 tanks. You spotted those 5, as you were the first "seeing" them, but you didn't even have time to shoot, so you damage nothing and you assist nothing.

 

 oh, okay this. thanks for replies , that was good help :)

00:46 Added after 4 minute

View PostDorander, on 17 October 2019 - 01:35 AM, said:

 

You get an experience bonus from "enemy spotted" tanks for being the first to spot a previously unspotted enemy tank. This is a flat bonus only for the first sighting and has no bearing on assisted damage by spotting. This is a bonus that easily causes confusion as Wargaming for some reason decided to not make a clear difference in terminology between this and assisted damage from spotting. So those tanks you get counted as being spotted by you in your damage logs, is only this flat bonus, and has nothing to do with any damage dealt. Any spotted tank remains spotted for the full duration of the spot, unless somebody keeps spotting that tank, in which case the duration is 5-10 seconds from the last system spot calculation. This means that it does not matter who spots a target first for assisted damage, all that matters is who is spotting it currently, lacking that, who spotted it last.

 

If the latter is not the case and the tank is visible because somebody else is spotting it, you split the credit, 50% to you and 50% to your spotters. If multiple tanks other than you are spotting the target according to the aforementioned spot system, that 50% gets split evenly amongst them, while whomever does the damage retains 50% of the total.

  yeah , its clear now ,thanks :)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users