Is KV-2 ( R ) gonna survive KV-2 HE Nerf?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

ziratulbihac #1 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4263 battles

KV-2 is doomed with DMG nerf and HE now being 330 dmg, standard with 110 pen 870 so yeah... KV-2 will be complete crapif stats remain like this. 

I wonder if KV-2 ® is gonna be nerfed... cause that will be the only KV-2 tank with original stats. 

Shame I didn't buy it cause I could not see what's coming. 

etody77 #2 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75981 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

I'm sure yes

Lefeh keeps old AP arty shells, so...

ziratulbihac #3 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4263 battles

View Postetody77, on 17 October 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'm sure yes

Well I hope we will have a chance to buy KV-2 R soon.. 

Balc0ra #4 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
You could say the same for the premium EBR and his HE alpha and pen vs other wheels. Personally I doubt it will be changed. As the Sexton I and LeFH did keep their stats after drastic SPG changes. Much like the M41GF and Type 62/64 did keep their stats and shells after the LT changes. 

Jethro_Grey #5 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4458 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View Postetody77, on 17 October 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

I'm sure yes

Hm, would it be considered a tank nerf (which WG doesn't want to do) or rather a game mechanic change (which WG can do anytime)? 

Cause the shells aren't part of the bundle you buy the tank with, so theoretically, WG could nerf ammo as they please.

Cause in no advertisment, they are advertising the shells of a tank, but rather the tank itself. 

There was a Major outcry when WG removed the stealth firing capability of all ships.

Specifically destroyers and cruisers where affected, but also some battleships (imagine a heavy tank in the open firing without being detected).

It affected all ships, even premiums and a lot of players demended refunds because the ships wouldn't work anymore as before. 

WG however responded that they didn't touch the premiums, but changed a rather toxic game mechanic. (Imo, this change made the game better)

So, a precedence is there, but i hope they don't. 

I kinda like my KV2-R derpster.

ziratulbihac #6 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4263 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 October 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

You could say the same for the premium EBR and his HE alpha and pen vs other wheels. Personally I doubt it will be changed. As the Sexton I and LeFH did keep their stats after drastic SPG changes. Much like the M41GF and Type 62/64 did keep their stats and shells after the LT changes. 

If they don't nerf KV-2 ® it will become the most valuable Rare Premium in the game I believe. 

Dexatroph #7 Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48309 battles

View Postetody77, on 17 October 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

I'm sure yes

Pretty sure no, because with a new mechanic and damage distribution the KV-2® would become a monster. But im also sure that the KV-2 and KV-2 ® as any other "Derp"-Tank needs some kind of rebalance and changes when the new HE-mechanic becomes introduced.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73496 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostJethro_Grey, on 17 October 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hm, would it be considered a tank nerf (which WG doesn't want to do) or rather a game mechanic change (which WG can do anytime)? 

Cause the shells aren't part of the bundle you buy the tank with, so theoretically, WG could nerf ammo as they please.

Cause in no advertisment, they are advertising the shells of a tank, but rather the tank itself.

IF it got the new stats, with less alpha, even if the DPM remained the same. You could consider it a nerf, or a change vs what they sold or promoted if you will. If they changed HE and how that worked as a mechanic like they did with arty HE here recently when they changed how splash worked. Then it also affected the premium SPG's as a mechanic, as their stats remained the same, then they are still as promoted if you will if that makes sense.

View Postziratulbihac, on 17 October 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

If they don't nerf KV-2 ® it will become the most valuable Rare Premium in the game I believe. 

If the current stats remain, then I suspect it would be. And I suspect it would sell rather well if WG sold it after the change, like they do with pre nerf prem SPG and LTs still.  Tho it's still early, and nothing is final. As they also tested SPG nerf the same way first, with no HE pen and way less alpha and worked their way up vs down. So lets see how it ends first. 

View PostDexatroph, on 17 October 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Pretty sure no, because with a new mechanic and damage distribution the KV-2® would become a monster. But im also sure that the KV-2 and KV-2 ® as any other "Derp"-Tank needs some kind of rebalance and changes when the new HE-mechanic becomes introduced.

You could say the same about the gap between the LeFH and other tier 5 SPG's atm. Or the Type 62 or M41GF with their DPM and pen vs equal tier lights. Or even the D-Max TD that has pre nerf TD camo and view range, thus outspots anything it faces with binocs. So it's not like WG have left a gap like that before. And when they did try to fix that last... it did not end well. 

etody77 #9 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75981 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

There was a Major outcry when WG removed the stealth firing capability of all ships.

Specifically destroyers and cruisers where affected, but also some battleships (imagine a heavy tank in the open firing without being detected).

It affected all ships, even premiums and a lot of players demended refunds because the ships wouldn't work anymore as before. 

WG however responded that they didn't touch the premiums, but changed a rather toxic game mechanic. (Imo, this change made the game better)

So, a precedence is there, but i hope they don't. 

I kinda like my KV2-R derpster.

Thez didnt changed premium tanks

E-25 still has his stealth when firing

Inappropriate_noob #10 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postziratulbihac, on 17 October 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

KV-2 is doomed with DMG nerf and HE now being 330 dmg, standard with 110 pen 870 so yeah... KV-2 will be complete crapif stats remain like this. 

I wonder if KV-2 ® is gonna be nerfed... cause that will be the only KV-2 tank with original stats. 

Shame I didn't buy it cause I could not see what's coming. 

It is crap anyway but have faith,you will find a way.

Dexatroph #11 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48309 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 October 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

You could say the same about the gap between the LeFH and other tier 5 SPG's atm. Or the Type 62 or M41GF with their DPM and pen vs equal tier lights. Or even the D-Max TD that has pre nerf TD camo and view range, thus outspots anything it faces with binocs. So it's not like WG have left a gap like that before. And when they did try to fix that last... it did not end well. 

No, thats a different story and not comperable. One thing is changes/rebalancing to tanks and the other thing is a change to a mechanic inside the game. I'm pretty sure there will be not an exception in the mechnaic for the KV-2 ® and so without not touch the KV-2® the damage output of that tank would triple.

Edited by Dexatroph, 17 October 2019 - 06:41 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #12 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34407 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

If it remains untouched it will be absurd.

Sure, it'll have more HP, which means it won't oneshot other KV-2's, but the big difference is the fact it can still penetrate them...that is way too big of an advantage over the standard KV-2.

I smell a massive storm coming, and it smells like...well you already know.

pihip #13 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16103 battles
The change to ammunition should be universal and involve all tanks, premium or not.

If for some reason premiums retain their ammo as they are now and only get the benefits of the upcoming changes, I actually welcome the riots that I predict will come.

CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDexatroph, on 17 October 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

No, thats a different story and not comperable. One thing is changes/rebalancing to tanks and the other thing is a change to a mechanic inside the game. I'm pretty sure there will be not an exception in the mechnaic for the KV-2 ® and so without not touch the KV-2® the damage output of that tank would triple.

My money is on the KV2R remaining untouched.  Same with Black Dog etc.

17:45 Added after 1 minute

View Postpihip, on 17 October 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

The change to ammunition should be universal and involve all tanks, premium or not.

If for some reason premiums retain their ammo as they are now and only get the benefits of the upcoming changes, I actually welcome the riots that I predict will come.

Why?  They won't get better than they currently are.  In reality they will be worse because of HP buffs.  And they'll be popular sellers for WG.

Dexatroph #15 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48309 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 17 October 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

My money is on the KV2R remaining untouched.  Same with Black Dog etc.

17:45 Added after 1 minute

Why?  They won't get better than they currently are.  In reality they will be worse because of HP buffs.  And they'll be popular sellers for WG.

1. I mentioned why this would not be comperable already.

2. It will become much better than they currently are, due to the change of the mechanic. Please read the article again and get a full understanding what they are telling about damage distribution.

Edited by Dexatroph, 17 October 2019 - 06:48 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #16 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34407 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 17 October 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

Oh I beg to differ. They will have their HP buffed too, rest assured. WG can buff premium tanks, they just can't nerf them. I'm positive they'll happily buff the KV-2R's HP and sell it as a unique premium with special HE shells... money money money...

That is, if this goes through, which I am strongly against.

CmdRatScabies #17 Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDexatroph, on 17 October 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

1. I mentioned why this would not be comperable already.

2. It will become much better than they currently are, due to the change of the mechanic. Please read the article again and get a full understanding what they are telling about damage distribution.

If KV2R remains unchanged then how can it become better than it already is?  It will be better than KV2 but that's because KV2 is worse.

17:56 Added after 1 minute

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 17 October 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

Oh I beg to differ. They will have their HP buffed too, rest assured. WG can buff premium tanks, they just can't nerf them. I'm positive they'll happily buff the KV-2R's HP and sell it as a unique premium with special HE shells... money money money...

That is, if this goes through, which I am strongly against.

Of course.  :)  They have to keep them attractive.  I don't like derp tanks myself and I'm surprised how many HE fans there appear to be.

Dexatroph #18 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48309 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 17 October 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

If KV2R remains unchanged then how can it become better than it already is?  It will be better than KV2 but that's because KV2 is worse.

You actually have to read the article yourself to get an understanding why this is.

8126Jakobsson #19 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 79881 battles

The sales pitch this summer said: 

Block Quote

Commanders!

Whether it's big as the Ultima Segmentum or small like the Mines map, this tank will hold its ground like no other. Why you ask? Well none other than the Emperor of Mankind speaks through its gun! Inspired by the grim darkness of the Warhammer 40.000 universe, the KV-2 ® for Ragnarok, is an incredible Tier VI premium heavy tank, useful against any vehicle. After all, if this tank of the Valhallan regiments can fight Orks or Chaos Space Marines, it can surely use its 152 mm boomstick against lower or higher tier vehicles!

So get ready to deal tons of damage with HE shells, and don't forget to use this tank's fear factor - nicely complected by awesome "fourty K" details -  to finish off your adversaries.

Don't know what the first sale said as I'm no friend with the search system and this was what "warhammer" got me.  

NekoPuffer_PPP #20 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34407 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostJethro_Grey, on 17 October 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

If they can nerf ammo as they please, why didn't they just nerf premium rounds?

All of this could have been avoided if they just did that one thing. But no, let's change THE ENTIRE GAME to work around this one thing we're afraid might cause lawsuits.

If they stay with it, no, they won't nerf the KV-2R, or any other premiums, because a tank's ammo types are tied to what you're paying for - this seems to be the case because prem rounds would've been nerfed outright and problem solved...or they haven't even thought of that, which I don't wanna believe though it seems increasingly likely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users