Jump to content


Does HE rebalance even more decreases importance of armor?

sandbox testing HE damage

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

te3434 #1 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 34333 battles
  • 26
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

I read about HE rebalance in sandbox testing. If I understood well this is how it will work (if idea doesn't get scraped), for example:

 

A 75mm gun that currently does 110 AP and 175 HE dmg. When shooting at paper armor target, it can effectively deal 175 dmg in every shot, while mediocre armor will have to be shot at with AP (more dmg per shot than non penetrating HE, thus 110 dmg per shot).

 

After rebalance the HE dmg will deal just arond 70 dmg (if I'm correct), and lets say that mediocre armor gets much less than 70 dmg, while paper armor gets 65 dmg. So for the maximum dmg, you will always have to use AP ?!

 

This would mean that if you can't have good armor, mediocre armor is almost worthless comparing to paper armor. This would only lead to even more unrealistic disbalance. I know many players fail to remember to use HE on paper armor targets, but that doesn't mean that it should be "fixed" if it is not broken.

 

What do you think? I hope I'm wrong.



24doom24 #2 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:26 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8553 battles
  • 498
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

All I know is that my poor KV-2 is being nerfed.:confused:

Posted Image

 

I wonder if this will extend to premium tanks.

 



te3434 #3 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 34333 battles
  • 26
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View Post24doom24, on 17 October 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

All I know is that my poor KV-2 is being nerfed.:confused:

Posted Image

 

I wonder if this will extend to premium tanks.

 

Yeah not to mention KV-2 :( . That will be the worst. To shoot AP with KV2 would be really ridiculous (except in very specific low range case). And my M8A1 (with stock gun for better dpm), Pz IV A and similar are also based on HE shells (just like in real life), otherwise I don't know what will I do with them ...


Edited by te3434, 17 October 2019 - 08:32 PM.


vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:59 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28180 battles
  • 2,022
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
Time to give the Sheridan rockets? Because with these changes the derp becomes more or less completely useless and pointless.

undutchable80 #5 Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:17 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 12159 battles
  • 3,958
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014
All tanks on SB have hp buff and standard ammo dmg have been buffed too. Superheavies will dominate since standard ammo generally doesnt pen them so you are still forced to shoot gold which do relatively less damage, but you need to shoot more since the hp has been buffed. Doing consistent but severely reduced dmg with HE is pointless due to the global increase in hp. 

Blubba #6 Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:26 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 60562 battles
  • 2,378
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

View Postundutchable80, on 17 October 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

All tanks on SB have hp buff and standard ammo dmg have been buffed too. Superheavies will dominate since standard ammo generally doesnt pen them so you are still forced to shoot gold which do relatively less damage, but you need to shoot more since the hp has been buffed. Doing consistent but severely reduced dmg with HE is pointless due to the global increase in hp. 


So what you're saying is that more gold will be fired rather than less because a) it does less damage and b) hp is increased?

Does this mean then that you have to invest somehow simply to play?

 



LordMuffin #7 Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53419 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostBlubba, on 17 October 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:


So what you're saying is that more gold will be fired rather than less because a) it does less damage and b) hp is increased?

Does this mean then that you have to invest somehow simply to play?

 

Nah, just okay T5-T8 and premium tanks and you should be fine..

As for HE change.

 

WG could just remove the shell completely instead.


Edited by LordMuffin, 17 October 2019 - 11:07 PM.


ChristOfTheAbyss #8 Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 457
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019
It increases it as HE shells in sandbox do minimal damage, so no-one will use them to deal damage, unlike its now.

PowJay #9 Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:41 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40077 battles
  • 5,456
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

I have NO idea what is going on. Every thread about HE whining and complaining- not to mention two polls- hasn't explained or linked to the information and I have no idea what they mean. I can go and look for it, no problem, but from the sound of it, it's another WG mess-about.

 

All I know is that the ONLY reason to own the KV-2 was to one-shot things with HE. I sold it because I was rubbish in it, but I would imagine that a serious rebalance nerf to HE would see the KV-2 disappear from the battlefields overnight. The only other viable gun is the 107mm, but the T-150 is a FAR superior platform to mount that.

I have never got on overly well with derp-gun tanks. I really didn't like the Pz IV H (and it hated me) and I didn't like the 105mm on the Sherman either. The only derp vehicles I have now are the SU-152 and Hetzer, and if the HE is going to hell, then I have lost the only reason to keep/play these two.


I won't get my panties in a twist until we see what is going to happen, but it looks like WG is continuing to mess around with the beloved vehicles of its long-standing players just to try and keep whining newbies in the game.



undutchable80 #10 Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:00 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 12159 battles
  • 3,958
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostPowJay, on 18 October 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

I have NO idea what is going on. Every thread about HE whining and complaining- not to mention two polls- hasn't explained or linked to the information and I have no idea what they mean. I can go and look for it, no problem, but from the sound of it, it's another WG mess-about.

 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/sandbox-october/

 

And check yt



PowJay #11 Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:22 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40077 battles
  • 5,456
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View Postundutchable80, on 18 October 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

Cheers. I was going to look :)


 

I do think that this has significant positives. The part about one-shot against one tank and then 10 HP damage against the next is quite true, but the ONLY reason to play certain tanks is the one-shot. If you can't do that in the KV-2, then what is the point? If they keep the reload time the same, then that is 60 seconds to kill, say, a Comet with 1050 HP, while he circles you and rapes you with rapid fire. That is if each of the four shots actually hits.



undutchable80 #12 Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:29 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 12159 battles
  • 3,958
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostPowJay, on 18 October 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

Cheers. I was going to look :)


 

I do think that this has significant positives. The part about one-shot against one tank and then 10 HP damage against the next is quite true, but the ONLY reason to play certain tanks is the one-shot. If you can't do that in the KV-2, then what is the point? If they keep the reload time the same, then that is 60 seconds to kill, say, a Comet with 1050 HP, while he circles you and rapes you with rapid fire. That is if each of the four shots actually hits.

They are indeed meme tanks. Nobody grinds the T49 for its LT'ing abilities, ppl grind it for the lolz derp. Same for the KV2 etc.

 

And if these changes go through, then those tanks will need a complete rework on aimtimes, RoF and dispersion with those guns. (If ppl actually play those tanks at all, let alone with the derp guns, which I cant imagine). 



Bordhaw #13 Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15042 battles
  • 5,029
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Postundutchable80, on 17 October 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

All tanks on SB have hp buff and standard ammo dmg have been buffed too. 

 

The HP increase proposal for the live server is for only Tiers 1 to 4. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users