Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J and Other Rarities

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Gremlin182 #21 Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 58423 battles

Always wanted the Pz II aus j but only as a fun collectable so unless it turns up by chance in a loot box I will never pay these sort of prices.

Last time I paid out this sort of money was last Christmas and I got a Defender a KV 220-2 T26 E5, Toldi, M4 Improved loads of gold and premium time in addition to the actual things I was paying for.

So if it wasn't already obvious no thanks.

KV2R for sale while Sandbox on HE revision is running np I always assumed that the WOT sales team are not just in a different office but maybe different building or even country.

They might meet occasionally but don't think they form a combined plan so just coincidence.

T103 I have though curiously I don't think I have played it much not sure why I usually love my TDs I probably need to learn its play style I keep thinking TDs are stealthy.

Centurion 5 however I love they gave it decent Hull armour which means I play it way more than the Swedish version.

SlyMeerkat #22 Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18594 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Cool, i got some of them already 

pihip #23 Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16022 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 18 October 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

T30 has God tier alpha compared to the T-103.

Anything taking 750 in the face will think twice before peeking again and so will all the campers with them. Unless they're smart enough to realise your reload takes quite awhile...

We're talking about different tiers here. For Tier 8, 440 alpha with good DPM is good (sure it's less than SU-130PM but that thing is made of cardboard, it cannot play the heavy game at all).

Negativvv #24 Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13519 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View Postpihip, on 18 October 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

We're talking about different tiers here. For Tier 8, 440 alpha with good DPM is good (sure it's less than SU-130PM but that thing is made of cardboard, it cannot play the heavy game at all).

T30 is potentially free but T-103 needs your credit card details. That's my point...

adharus #25 Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:44 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 66068 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

well,wg is realy shamless...thys is the most disgusting bad joke i so frome them in six an a half years: to sell a product  you know it gonna be compleatly distroyed....to sell kv2® the next day after you anounce compleate obliteration of ALL he shells,is  a pure scumm ....i am just speachless about that...i wonder how manny will fall for that   open cheat? 

at least i had way over a year  of joy with kv2®

Edited by adharus, 18 October 2019 - 12:57 PM.

TungstenHitman #26 Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30643 battles

View PostThree_Rounds_Rapid, on 18 October 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

WG selling KV-2R the day after announcing HE nerf....

Now then, what does that make a person who actually buys a KV-2R?

Krazy_Kalle #27 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17061 battles
  • [VIECH] VIECH
Could you please just stop selling the Pz II J?

I just have a friend starting the game and I already on Tier II (meeting Tier III) have to explain to him that you can buy overpowered tanks for money.

Falathi #28 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:08 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19910 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postpihip, on 18 October 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

But how can a ruski tank be a turd, surely you are mistaken??? :ohmy:

Jokes aside, it does not look bad, I expect the playstyle to be similar to T30 so more of a pseudo-heavy than a "true" TD.

Speaking of this - T103 is much more like a heavy with decent turret, strong gun and average hull than a typical TD. T30 - I don`t have it so I can`t compare but it seems to be somehow similar when it comes to playing style.

For people who consider this or Su-130PM: these two vehicles have three things in common: 
- both are Soviet TDs

- both have very similar, pretty powerful gun
- they both have turrets. 

Almost everything else is different. 

View Posthipper101, on 18 October 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

I got the Pz II J and long are the days gone when this tank was OP.

True, it may not be that OP but it`s still one of the fun tanks we have in game. 

As for KV-2®  and the Sandbox: 
1. The Sandbox is just a test. It is not decided if these changes would make it to the live server at any point in time. They are being tested and much depends on the results of the testing. 

2. It is possible that the changes would be reverted, there would be another iteration, there would be another approach. 
3. There is also an open question IF and if so HOW premium and special vehicles would be changed, or affected. It really is too early to say for sure what is going to happen. 

pihip #29 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16022 battles

View PostFalathi, on 18 October 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

Speaking of this - T103 is much more like a heavy with decent turret, strong gun and average hull than a typical TD. T30 - I don`t have it so I can`t compare but it seems to be somehow similar when it comes to playing style.

Can confirm that, having both played and fought against T30, it is almost never used as a "classic" tank destroyer. It simply does not have enough accuracy and has the same titanium turret as T29/T34, which makes it an ideal support heavy - drive with allies to use as meatshields, cover the hull when possible, and blaaargh anything for 750 average every 16/17 seconds.

I expect T-103 to play the same (except T-103 is actually accurate, but has poor shell velocity so again, not a good sniper).

Falathi #30 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:15 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19910 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postpihip, on 18 October 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Can confirm that, having both played and fought against T30, it is almost never used as a "classic" tank destroyer. It simply does not have enough accuracy and has the same titanium turret as T29/T34, which makes it an ideal support heavy - drive with allies to use as meatshields, cover the hull when possible, and blaaargh anything for 750 average every 16/17 seconds.

I expect T-103 to play the same (except T-103 is actually accurate, but has poor shell velocity so again, not a good sniper).

Ok, thank you for sharing. I expected something similar - but I`m familiar with T30 only from the opposite end of the barrel so to say ;) 

Soldier0021 #31 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16685 battles
  • [_HUNT] _HUNT
Are you going broke, or something you're selling that garbage?

clickfingers #32 Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35244 battles
  • [NARMS] NARMS

t103 is pretty good(if you happen to like 'quirky' tanks), that turret can bounce quite a bit, but its hull is paper thin, so drive it in some dip in the terrain, keep at a distance (if that's still even possible these days), the gun has good standard ammo pen, for a tier 8, actually even better than su-130pm, but it is a bit less of an alpha monster than the former...but if and when i run into a scorpion g, i do use HE ammo, and to great effect i might add, therefor i dont understand the notion from WG that he rounds are rarely used, to inflict top damage and or seriously cripple you opponent, it can, but you have to know when to use it, with 105mm and above td guns of course.

Edited by clickfingers, 18 October 2019 - 01:59 PM.

SuperOlsson #33 Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23926 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

1. The Sandbox is just a test. It is not decided if these changes would make it to the live server at any point in time. They are being tested and much depends on the results of the testing. 

2. It is possible that the changes would be reverted, there would be another iteration, there would be another approach. 
3. There is also an open question IF and if so HOW premium and special vehicles would be changed, or affected. It really is too early to say for sure what is going to happen. 

So basically if I buy the vehicle today it's under the premises that its parameters can be nerfed, along with all the other premiums I've bought? 

Edited by SuperOlsson, 18 October 2019 - 02:41 PM.

adharus #34 Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 66068 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

For people who consider this or Su-130PM: these two vehicles have three things in common: 
- both are Soviet TDs

- both have very similar, pretty powerful gun
- they both have turrets. 

Almost everything else is different. 

True, it may not be that OP but it`s still one of the fun tanks we have in game. 

well,previos experinece about sandbox leave little hope...remember all the artyes stunn related sandbox...sure,the final caracteristics will get fine tuned...but what is to fine tune  to 0 penetration? is not a mater of  adjusting,the entire concept is wrong....and about premiums not beeng nerfed..well,sure,posible those keep theyr penetration,but i can be sure will not get anny increse in he damage ,and since hp and ap damage will increase,it is basicly a nerf...sure,not as atrocious as the non premiums,but still...

reverting at the present subject of this theme, why should a player would buy a product that for sure it will be nerfed in the future ?

not get me wrong,i realy love kv2® as it is now...even in the light of what is coming,i did had,and still have,allot of fun and good time with it...is the premium vehicol i love most ...and belive me,i do have allot of premium vehicols...i am just deeply woried about all this fun will be gone in the future...i had plenty of disapointments latly about how wot evolved, but this one is the bigest

Falathi #35 Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:08 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19910 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostSuperOlsson, on 18 October 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

So basically if I buy the vehicle today it's under the premises that its parameters can be nerfed, along with all the other premiums I've bought? 

For now, frankly, it`s impossible to say. I believe it would be rebalanced as well as the ammo rebalance is a global one. But then, it`s way too early to say for sure. After all - LefH SPG still has APs and high HE pen despite global rework of the SPG ammo some time ago. 

So well... it can change. Or not. I believe that in any case that some consideration will be given to it as it is a premium vehicle relying on HE shells. 

Flint_74 #36 Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13865 battles

View Posthipper101, on 18 October 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

I got the Pz II J and long are the days gone when this tank was OP.

View PostFalathi, on 18 October 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

To be completely fair though Falathi, the Pz.IIJ really isn't that much fun to play anymore, and hipper101 is correct, it's certainly no longer the OP low-tier monster it once was.

And it's definitely NOT worth the £86 price tag it keeps being given in the store, not when there are Tier 3 tech tree tanks in the game now that comprehensively outperform the IIJ in almost every way.

In fact the tank is now so underwhelming in-game that it's almost kind of a sad reflection of the current state of the game as a whole.

Bordhaw #37 Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15042 battles

View PostFlint_74, on 18 October 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

To be completely fair though Falathi, the Pz.IIJ really isn't that much fun to play anymore, and hipper101 is correct, it's certainly no longer the OP low-tier monster it once was.

It's slow as a snail and requires exclusive use of "special ammo"  and the newer Italian and Polish tanks can pen it. 

View PostFlint_74, on 18 October 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

And it's definitely NOT worth the £86 price tag it keeps being given in the store, not when there are Tier 3 tech tree tanks in the game now that comprehensively outperform the IIJ in almost every way.

Ah but you forget, you're paying for the Gold and getting the Pz IIJ for free....lol 

Block Quote

T-103 

I presume this must be a brand new vehicle as I've never seen one in battle?

Edited by Bordhaw, 18 October 2019 - 07:03 PM.

Flint_74 #38 Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13865 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 18 October 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Ah but you forget, you're paying for the Gold and getting the Pz IIJ for free....lol 

Even being 'free' the tank's still overpriced... :teethhappy:

Negativvv #39 Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13519 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostFalathi, on 18 October 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

For now, frankly, it`s impossible to say. I believe it would be rebalanced as well as the ammo rebalance is a global one. But then, it`s way too early to say for sure. After all - LefH SPG still has APs and high HE pen despite global rework of the SPG ammo some time ago. 

So well... it can change. Or not. I believe that in any case that some consideration will be given to it as it is a premium vehicle relying on HE shells. 

Basically we might as well wait before buying the KV-2R?

As WG are happy to sell the LefH mulitple times since the Arty rework so we might as well let the dust settle on the HE tests. 

Even the Defender has been sold mulitple times since WG said Nope so there's likely no need to rush here.

Maybe WG will sell more by retaining it post any HE changes....

lnfernaI #40 Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34363 battles
the pz2j package is a joke, just as much as the tank itself,way out of season of april fools.

Edited by lnfernaI, 18 October 2019 - 07:04 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users