How's the gun handling on the AMX 50B compared to the 50 120?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Neodymium9 #1 Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19775 battles

Is it greatly improved or is it just a tad bit better?

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle,because the top gun on the 50 120 is garbage at least for me.

Played a few games in it and thinking about selling it due to the gun handling.

Free xp the top gun and now i feel about it,like i wasted 63k free xp on this derp gun.

Running it with food atm,and and a decent crew (BIA+snapshot) and still it misses at least 1 shot per mag from close range,not even mentioning that at long range it's very hard to snipe in this so called sniper.

You can't go in the front because you have no armor whatsoever,you literally get ammoracked every shot you take,arty deals a lot of damage to you even by splashing near you and you can't really snipe from the back due to the poor gun handling.

ValkyrionX #2 Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53290 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostNeodymium9, on 19 October 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Is it greatly improved or is it just a tad bit better?

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle,because the top gun on the 50 120 is garbage at least for me.

Played a few games in it and thinking about selling it due to the gun handling.

Free xp the top gun and now i feel about it,like i wasted 63k free xp on this derp gun.

Running it with food atm,and and a decent crew (BIA+snapshot) and still it misses at least 1 shot per mag from close range,not even mentioning that at long range it's very hard to snipe in this so called sniper.

You can't go in the front because you have no armor whatsoever,you literally get ammoracked every shot you take,arty deals a lot of damage to you even by splashing near you and you can't really snipe from the back due to the poor gun handling.

for what I remember, amx 50 120 together with wz1-4 are among the tiers 9 that I most appreciated.

The gun handling is not terrifying , unfortunately the reload is a bit too long in my opinion as the mobility is not exceptional for the type of vehicle

The improvements are easily distinguishable between tier 9 and tier X , the 50b is a "must have" in the garage

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Short answer: almost the same.

On paper the 50B looks a little better with the dispersion multipliers and the aim time but it also got better: hull traverse, turret traverse and specific power. Better here doesn't mean better gun handling because the faster it moves, the bigger the bloom. These improved mobility parameters negate the advantage it have over the AMX 50 120.

It can snipe like every other tank in the game but it needs to get close like you said to be useful. You can be close to the action and not take damage be relying on your team to tank shots for you. That's what these heavies are all about.

mani_GGr #4 Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18245 battles
  • [INVIL] INVIL
50B is a much better tank including gun handling. Note that it is a very difficult tank to play in our 3-clicker-bots meta.

Negativvv #5 Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13519 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I found the slight deviations in the 50 120 utterly infuriating, as even one bounce gimps your clip big time.

I ended up saving my credits and going full gold. Likewise now with the 50b.

krismorgan #6 Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36548 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View Postmani_GGr, on 19 October 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

50B is a much better tank including gun handling. Note that it is a very difficult tank to play in our 3-clicker-bots meta.

Agreed,i dont like playing mine now as stated above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users