Spot Targets

Ping spot Spot ping

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Tankagoon1 #1 Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6075 battles

Basic 101 training in World of Tanks teaches the strategy of spotting targets, perhaps it needs greater emphasis? 

Why is it so hard for players to spot targets? 

Why do so many players not take the opportunity to shoot targets if they are within their reach? 

Spotting targets can be done by any player, arty included, but so many seem oblivious - even when some players actually type 'Please Spot.'  and then to make it worse, ignore targets when they are spotted? 

It is crackpot.  

Balc0ra #2 Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74936 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTankagoon1, on 19 October 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

Why do so many players not take the opportunity to shoot targets if they are within their reach?

The 2nd one is why so many don't do the first one. As I've kept targets spotted for 3 min straight with zero assists. And then leave to focus on getting XP elsewhere. And then suddenly everyone pings that spot and rages about me not spotting. 

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61076 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Spotting is arguably the hardest mechanic/aspect of this game. Spotting the right targets at the right time is not easy (at all). Keep in mind, if you keep a target (proxy)spotted all game, doesn't necessarily mean that your teammates can shoot them because of cover or armor of the target.

azakow #4 Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84701 battles

Coz it requires understanding of the ga,e mechanics.

PowJay #5 Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41314 battles

I can- to some extent- forgive those who find themselves in a Pz 38na on the road to the infamous Tiger I, but as for those who are in tier VI+ on a LIGHT TANK line, I really want to throttle them most days.

I am primarily a TD player. WG nerfed view range to make them more team dependent. Dependent on MORONS who want to redline in their Luchs, and AMX ELC bis, and M5 Stuarts and many other tanks that used to see tier VIII and higher.

I can understand the culture shock of being thrown into a tier VIII battle after only 50 games and thinking that you had landed on another planet, but with normal MM, WHY THE ACTUAL [EDITED NAUGHTY WORD] DO YOU PLAY LTs IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS SIT AS FAR BACK AS POSSIBLE?

Play SPGs, FFS, at least you can try and contribute while sitting on your backside.

Bordhaw #6 Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15581 battles

View PostTankagoon1, on 19 October 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Spotting targets can be done by any player, arty included, but so many seem oblivious - even when some players actually type 'Please Spot.'  and then to make it worse, ignore targets when they are spotted? 

It is crackpot.  

malachi6 #7 Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51289 battles

Basic 101 training in World of Tanks teaches the strategy of spotting targets, perhaps it needs greater emphasis? 

It is crackpot.  

How do you know other people are not shooting targets?  What entitles others to type "please spot"?  If spotting can be done by anybody why ask?  

Another example of assumptions leading to a post ho fallacy.

barison1 #8 Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 45112 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
spotting can be quite the dicerol, as example; spotting from swampline bush on malin, one game i get 4k spotting within 1 minute, other game it took 5 minutes to get a mere 2k. most ironic when you just go somewhere else to farm dmg as that would contribute more to a win and then teammates start complaining NOOB LT GO SPOT

Kasseibijter #9 Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25585 battles
  • [FREEP] FREEP

View Postmalachi6, on 19 October 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

How do you know other people are not shooting targets?  What entitles others to type "please spot"?  If spotting can be done by anybody why ask?  

Another example of assumptions leading to a post ho fallacy.

Hey! Leave the ho's out of it! :girl:

Inappropriate_noob #10 Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17630 battles

View PostPowJay, on 19 October 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

I can- to some extent- forgive those who find themselves in a Pz 38na on the road to the infamous Tiger I, but as for those who are in tier VI+ on a LIGHT TANK line, I really want to throttle them most days.

I am primarily a TD player. WG nerfed view range to make them more team dependent. Dependent on MORONS who want to redline in their Luchs, and AMX ELC bis, and M5 Stuarts and many other tanks that used to see tier VIII and higher.

I can understand the culture shock of being thrown into a tier VIII battle after only 50 games and thinking that you had landed on another planet, but with normal MM, WHY THE ACTUAL [EDITED NAUGHTY WORD] DO YOU PLAY LTs IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS SIT AS FAR BACK AS POSSIBLE?

Play SPGs, FFS, at least you can try and contribute while sitting on your backside.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

So much this, is it any wonder people get impatient and the suicide deliberately  in order to get to another game, tell and an LT to maybe help by spotting you usually end up getting abuse.

NipplesTheClown #11 Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8572 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
and playing lights, sometimes I wonder why spot? Because when you do, nobody shoots at them and blames you when they get rolled.  I.E. not enough tanks on a flank to inflict dmg etc etc.  i just carried a game where i was top dmg and top spotting and still got griefed by a camping med.

ChristOfTheAbyss #12 Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

It is crackpot.  

You are 46% player, I doubt you understand why many people wont spot when you want them to. Suicide scouting is never good idea.

chainreact0r #13 Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35185 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

It is crackpot.  

Why in hell would i listen to the bunch of 46% camping bots who ping the map when i have 4 enemies lit, but all of them monkeys are sitting behind render distance and their garbage brains get triggered cause they think there is nothing to shoot at.

I'd rather farm damage and make them lose that game so they can go even deeper in the wr gutter tyvm.

etody77 #14 Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77574 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

2 different battles today in Brexit tier 9 LT

Prokhorovka, reached the middle bush on line A, good shooters behind, 8k assited damage, mission LT-15 for Ob 260 done

Ghost Town, some teammates asked where i go to spot, clicked the side, reached the best spotting place, spotted some tanks, got spotted, nobody behind me, retreated on base to defend arty. I managed somehow to destroy 2 enemies, 1 with help 1 alone.

The worst thing is to see medium tanks sitting on redline, in a battle without light tanks, asking for spot

And those mediums are not leopards :), no they are russian medium tanks, with strong turret, good speed, good view range, and bad gun for sniping

Evilier_than_Skeletor #15 Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21488 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
It often seems that the most dedicated map pingers and chat spammers have ran out of gas. Why else they wouldn't move that 10 meters to get a shot on the enemies already spotted?

Richthoffen #16 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31146 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
I guess op means: why does nobody go and get shot so I can farm from the redline

Inappropriate_noob #17 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17630 battles

[edited]em next time I see LT's and meds camp in TD positions the are getting pushed out,getting so sick and tired of this, bring back team damage, I once made some one move when playing arty telling them if they did not move they would be destroyed.

All this does is bring more toxicity to the game, I really do believe this game leads to psychological damage

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostNoobySkooby, on 21 October 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

[edited]em next time I see LT's and meds camp in TD positions the are getting pushed out,getting so sick and tired of this, bring back team damage, I once made some one move when playing arty telling them if they did not move they would be destroyed.

All this does is bring more toxicity to the game, I really do believe this game leads to psychological damage

Or you could not be a dipshit.

You're a terrible player that literally loses games for your team just by being there so you're in no position to be dictating to anyone else where they should sit and what they should be doing. Mind your own business and concern yourself with what you're doing wrong, there's plenty there to keep you occupied. 

____Green____ #19 Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26404 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

my opinion - active spot/yolo/coinflip spot = profit if only behind your back is at least 10k DPM and all tanks is at shooting range. For example lets take clasics @ proho, endgame, when all temmates is on central ridge and ready and in shot range. At this moment all you need is yolo run and quick 4k assist just in 10 seconds.

Coinflip run only for one arta or one TD is pointless at early phase of the game.

Worst thing to do is to scout flank when no one behind you (Im not talking about checking flank while most of tanks with potential are not spotted on other locations)

I am average LT player and scouting is not the first thing I do @ maps like proho, murano, malino, fisher etc and still I have good winrates my LT432 and EBR75.

I tried this weekend aggressive EBR75 scouting on highway and idk, like 3 out of 5 times i was dead in 2 minutes with 500dmg and ~1k assist. Rest two times I was countering opponent LT's on that run.  Got easy kill and doors to opponent base is open - cut out artas, troll TD's from behind while my fellow teammates still camps HT road ridge and pings map and ask for spot. :)

Karelia, assault - EBR flanking with some passive sniping gives 2k dmg in first couple minutes. Only when counter LT's are located or dead - mid is playable.

Siegfied line - why the hell I must run 1;2 line with some LT's from my team? I can do better by playing passive at early phase of game and do extra dmg and kills @ endgame

Tnx to WG this team dmg nightmare is over. 

What about scouting mechanics - there is no tutorials about this. I had idea about in-game radio tutorial like: "Phssshhh, roger, roger... pshhhss Move your tank 10 meter forward to get that bastard in shooting range" or "Phhhsshh...cpt get behind ridge, you are on direct fireline, pshhhssss, pshhhhhh." or this one, ""Pshhh, pshhhh stay calm commander, dont let that bastard closer than 50 meters, pshhhh"

And if i started my wet dreams - I will finish with this one:

and one phrase "Incoming" would be a huge game changer when spg shell fired to your location...

Edited by ____Green____, 21 October 2019 - 03:26 PM.

azakow #20 Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84701 battles

everybody should turn on mimimap circles, learn what the circles are good for, increase mimimap size to 3/5, learn the maps (routes, bushes, dips and crest), and most impartant practice patience with your team mates.

Also tagged with Ping, spot, Spot, ping

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users