Why pay anymore?

support company customers

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

PowJay #61 Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40398 battles

I decide to pay for the things that I want and the things I am prepared to take a chance on. In the early days, my Gold went on garage slots and permanent camouflage. Since the changes to camo came along, I now rent for 100 battles even on my favourite tanks as WG are fond of [edited] up, balancing, nerfing - no. [EDITED] UP my favourite vehicles such as the VK 3601 H, and several LTs. Not to mention the SPGs I sold after the great 8.6 and replacing the T57 tier II.

I started paying some Gold for crew training for SPGs for loader and gunner, but I do use gold more often now. The main reason for this is having many redundant crew members from abandoned lines who are not only changing vehicles, but vehicle type.

I have bought a couple of Premium vehicles directly for cash- the Cromwell B and E25. The other two were bought for Gold (Churchill III and Even 90). All of the others were gifts/prizes although I bought one token for the T25 Pilot.

I bought loot boxes last year as you do pretty much get their value in Gold and I needed some. I got a few Premium vehicles and the Skorpion G (basically) free.

I won't lie. If I chose to, I could buy every Premium tank available and run full-time Premium account. I don't, because I don't want to. Those particular things have no special attraction for me. So I spend what I want to, WHEN I want to and that is how I help to keep the game afloat. I am just in my eighth year and have easily spent less than £500. One major PC game a year at full release price would easily get close to what I have spent. If they shut WoT down tomorrow, I have no regrets.

Stevies_Team #62 Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14670 battles

If you're patient a lot of stuff can be had on the cheap

There was a big sale at Easter with 30-40% off shop tonks

There was a year of premium plus a T44-100 for 70 bananas

People spend their spare money on fags booze gambling restaurants cars clothes shoes holidays jewellery golf fishing sports yada yada yada

90% of it is un-necessary indulgence spending

Edited by Stevies_Team, 21 October 2019 - 03:18 PM.

PayMore #63 Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28009 battles

Im paying because I have the means for it. Its possibly the only positive input i get in the matchmaker algorithm.

Only_Slightly_Bent #64 Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 27049 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View PostAurgelme, on 20 October 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

No its not!

but if you don't understand the essence of it, I can try to explain it to you

21:25 Added after 6 minute

I was being sarcastic, because your analogy is not comparable.

nc30_guy #65 Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25932 battles

Paying currently sends the message to WG your doing a great job.

ValkyrionX #66 Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

Major

• 54394 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

personally I pay ... I'm not one of those crazy people who spend hundreds or thousands of euros in the game .. I spend maximum once or twice a year for the premium account and at most something more during Christmas ..

I have not bought premium tanks for a while, I prefer to win them in tournaments or run marathons.

If no one pay, be sure the WG closes the servers without any problems when economic losses begin.

stormermp #67 Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48122 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Well the summary of your responses at my topic is next,that if you are happy with the game,the way it's going in it's meta,gold spamming,unbalanced(underwhelming)tank roster then go ahead enjoy the gameplay while supporting them with your cash.But if you are not happy with things mentioned and the good games are spread thin while unenjoyable and short landslides WIN/LOSS then you will withold money for the product you are not happy with but love the game or did love it in past times as did I loved it so much.Thanks

PowJay #68 Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40398 battles

View PostAurgelme, on 20 October 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

Just for fun You can test something yourself, such as making a spreadsheet, logging all matches you play as it is x2 x3 x4 x5 for the first win.
Then you see how many of the matches you do well on are wins.

I posted my two cents on the thread subject earlier but I'm just catching up on the rest.

I won't say that you're wrong, but neither are you right.

If you are an idiot, then your stats will show that you're an idiot. If you're a unicum, then your stats will show that you are a great player.

For all the mere mortals in the middle, we can have great losses because our team is full of useless players. Rather than run around pronouncing how great we are in a lost battle: "Hey! It's not my fault we lost. I was top on damage with three kills". Look at how you do in the wins.

If you're regularly towards the bottom in the wins, but regularly near the top in losses, then you're a pretty decent player but you don't carry as much as you think you do. Why do you get six kills in a lost battle? Because your team-mates were too stupid to kill their fair share. 

Why were you top on damage? Because half your team didn't hit anything. 

I'm just generalising and not picking on you, but I consider myself a pretty good support player in that I do OK in many wins where I'm definitely not the hero and I am often the best in stonking great losses because I am the best of a very bad bunch.

Overall, I am "Good" but I understand exactly why I'm not better.

4nt #69 Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
Wonder why some think that If you don't want to pay it is WGs fault when he pays?

Also tagged with support, company, customers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users