I'm just ranting 

Join wot discord .

https://discord.gg/HNpPFV

SilviuCS #22 Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11983 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 21 October 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

The one thing you ignore is that everything can be recorded by each player and checked. The evidence you're looking for is in the replays....if WG are rigging aim, it can easily be checked.

Got any more tin-foil conspiracy theories?

Just came out of a match. Dashing around open field, spots tank 100m away, he dings me (driving a med) and I continue to run/drive at about 45kmph, aim in his general direction and I hit him, twice, while not slowing down. And any replay I can provide will be stamped as "oh that's how random works you can't predict it". Ofc WG will not take control of your aim directly, just minor tweaks to the algorithm. 

Have fun you guys. I ain't bothered too much as it evens out.

4nt #23 Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29587 battles

View PostSilviuCS, on 21 October 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

Just came out of a match. Dashing around open field, spots tank 100m away, he dings me (driving a med) and I continue to run/drive at about 45kmph, aim in his general direction and I hit him, twice, while not slowing down. And any replay I can provide will be stamped as "oh that's how random works you can't predict it". Ofc WG will not take control of your aim directly, just minor tweaks to the algorithm. 

Have fun you guys. I ain't bothered too much as it evens out.

Yea sure. And our life choices have no meaning in our expected life duration.

BravelyRanAway #24 Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24452 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostSilviuCS, on 21 October 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Not so....you can check the replay and slow it down and check where the reticle was pointed when the shot was taken....it's not rocket science.

Everything you need is in the replays.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #25 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34430 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSilviuCS, on 21 October 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yes thank you. I am saying from the few times I fire on the move I remember at least 2 times when I hit a tank 300m or more away with barely even aiming and while driving. Just snap turned turret and shot. (2.9 aim time and 0.41 dispersion), you do the math and tell me the chances of that actually hitting that target if it were truly random.  And sure other times target is 20m away so I autoaim and shoot and I miss. Sure man random. It's just a cover up, noone can prove anything. How can you prove dice are loaded if you can't see or touch them. 

If it were truly random I would calculate the chance of hitting a tank 300m away whilst moving at full speed as "small". However the chance of hitting a tank at 300m away whilst moving at full speed when you don't fire is exactly zero. However "small" is better than zero and if you have no good reason to not fire a shot, for example it would get you spotted, then PULL THE [edited]TRIGGER. What have you got to lose, the cost of one shell?

As regards dice, it's true you can't prove the dice are not loaded if you can't see or touch them. Equally tho, why are you believing they are when you have no proof for that either? Are you in the habit of believing things with no proof? 

SilviuCS #26 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11983 battles
Ello, so I found the replay save enabler in setting and a few matches later I already have something fishy if I can upload it somehow
23:34 Added after 8 minute

Ah yes here we go.

I have vents and coated optics on my tank for a total of 425 view range, ho did that heavy slip in there undetected you tell me. 

Yeah it won't let me upload this type of file

Edited by SilviuCS, 24 November 2019 - 12:37 AM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #27 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9276 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostSilviuCS, on 24 November 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

Ello, so I found the replay save enabler in setting and a few matches later I already have something fishy if I can upload it somehow
23:34 Added after 8 minute

Ah yes here we go.

I have vents and coated optics on my tank for a total of 425 view range, ho did that heavy slip in there undetected you tell me. 

I have attached the replay

There is no attachment.

Also, could you upload the replay to www.wotreplays.eu instead?

SilviuCS #28 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11983 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 23 November 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

There is no attachment.

Yes I thought I atached it, but I have to click attach before posting my bad. wotreplays wait a sec

23:41 Added after 2 minute

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 23 November 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

There is no attachment.

Is this it ?

http://wotreplays.eu...iucs-vk_30_01_d

SilviuCS #29 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11983 battles

what now ?  

I'm curious what magical explanation there is for this. 

O yeah it's probably fake.

Nishi_Kinuyo #30 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9276 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

The KV-2 you mean?

Pretty sure he went like...  one of these routes:

Spoiler

In both cases you'd remain unspotted while approaching the castle since nobody is in a position to do so.

If approaching through route 1, he'd take the right gap in the wall and then straight to the keep for cover, you'd be unable to spot him while he does so, and the distance covered from there to where he is is perfectly possible afaik.

Alternatively, he'd take route 1 until the castle wall, and then go on the outside of it and enter through the gate, but that seems illogical to do, not to mention the orientation of his tank would likely be different.

The second route would take him through the "village" there, upon which you barely have any vision, although you can just scout the bridge from one of your positions. While possible, the orientation of the KV-2 would suggest otherwise.

Also, while your sixth sense gets triggered, you don't spot the KV-2 until you drive backwards where he's aiming for you. This would suggest that you're not proxy-spotted, but instead spotted by an enemy around E3-F4 instead.

You're also quite let down by your team there, since basically nobody goes center and are so incapable of spotting anything on the hills, while the KV-1 and AT2 take a long way and time to get to you. Don't think the AT2 is in a position to spot the E3-F4 area either, assuming it has enough vision range to do so.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 24 November 2019 - 01:13 AM.

Major_cjs #31 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:21 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3924 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I dont see anything weird here, hardcover between you and him for most of the time which removes all meaning of view range.

Also its your viewports that spots so if he saw the rear of your tank while you were moving forward that would mean you won't see him but he sees you, that would give him more than enough time to stop and aim for you reversing again.

SilviuCS #32 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11983 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 24 November 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

The KV-2 you mean?

Pretty sure he went like...  one of these routes:

Spoiler

In both cases you'd remain unspotted while approaching the castle since nobody is in a position to do so.

If approaching through route 1, he'd take the right gap in the wall and then straight to the keep for cover, you'd be unable to spot him while he does so, and the distance covered from there to where he is is perfectly possible afaik.

Alternatively, he'd take route 1 until the castle wall, and then go on the outside of it and enter through the gate, but that seems illogical to do, not to mention the orientation of his tank would likely be different.

The second route would take him through the "village" there, upon which you barely have any vision, although you can just scout the bridge from one of your positions. While possible, the orientation of the KV-2 would suggest otherwise.

Also, while your sixth sense gets triggered, you don't spot the KV-2 until you drive backwards where he's aiming for you. This would suggest that you're not proxy-spotted, but instead spotted by an enemy around E3-F4 instead.

You're also quite let down by your team there, since basically nobody goes center and are so incapable of spotting anything on the hills, while the KV-1 and AT2 take a long way and time to get to you. Don't think the AT2 is in a position to spot the E3-F4 area either, assuming it has enough vision range to do so.

Unless he took route 1, didn't stop and he got in that position just as I went behind the wall again .  Fckin unlucky at least.  How fast can a KV-2 be, I wasn't behind that wall for more than 5 sec and he was already stopped when I came back.

Jeez

00:31 Added after 2 minute

View PostMajor_cjs, on 24 November 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

I dont see anything weird here, hardcover between you and him for most of the time which removes all meaning of view range.

Also its your viewports that spots so if he saw the rear of your tank while you were moving forward that would mean you won't see him but he sees you, that would give him more than enough time to stop and aim for you reversing again.

Ok sorry for wasting your time. I guess I was unlucky. 

Major_cjs #33 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:49 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3924 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSilviuCS, on 24 November 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

Not at all, I'm killing time here.

There have been many times I had to check my replays due to what I thought was a broken mechanic or cheats, so far there have been no funny biz.

Ghost shells however... Now that's annoying, haven't had it in a while though.

Baldrickk #34 Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSilviuCS, on 24 November 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

Props to you for asking and providing a replay.

If you learned something, then it's time well spent imho

SilviuCS #35 Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11983 battles

View PostMajor_cjs, on 24 November 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

Not at all, I'm killing time here.

There have been many times I had to check my replays due to what I thought was a broken mechanic or cheats, so far there have been no funny biz.

Ghost shells however... Now that's annoying, haven't had it in a while though.

Thank you.

Ghost shells, yes I've had a few.  I'd see the shell go in the side of enemy tank and nothing happens. 

01:13 Added after 0 minute

View PostBaldrickk, on 24 November 2019 - 01:08 AM, said:

Thank you man. Or woman. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #36 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34430 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBaldrickk, on 24 November 2019 - 02:08 AM, said:

Always. 

Contentious #37 Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48457 battles

It seems that shells arent flying in a widening cone from the barrel to whichever place RNG has it going, but travelling from somewhere besides the barrel if it is "intended" to go wide. Infuriating for the commander when the gunner puts the shells into terrain just before the muzzle (while certainly aiming above or around). No gunner should capable of putting a fully aimed shot into the ground 3m from muzzle, just because a small part of the aiming circle overlaps the ground. I really think something should be done about it. 

About shell trajectory: anybody knows how it works? (not talking of the shells RNG have doing the wild unballistic tricks to avoid the target in particular, though that might be interesting too)

Major_cjs #38 Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3924 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostContentious, on 24 November 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

It seems that shells arent flying in a widening cone from the barrel to whichever place RNG has it going, but travelling from somewhere besides the barrel if it is "intended" to go wide. Infuriating for the commander when the gunner puts the shells into terrain just before the muzzle (while certainly aiming above or around). No gunner should capable of putting a fully aimed shot into the ground 3m from muzzle, just because a small part of the aiming circle overlaps the ground. I really think something should be done about it. 

About shell trajectory: anybody knows how it works? (not talking of the shells RNG have doing the wild unballistic tricks to avoid the target in particular, though that might be interesting too)

I've been away for many years so I dont know if this is still the case but it used to be that the shell got fired from the middle of the gunmantle and not the end of the barrel, this meant two things, you could block a shot by having your barrel thru the enemies barrel and you could get the rng you speak of, if the dispearson ring have just a few pixels of that hill you speak of than you run the risk of hitting it.

Also tagged with RNG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users