noob having fun again worth it pls explain

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4458 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

So, i had recently my WoT anniversary and WG gave me a coupon i didn't want to use, cause i play tanks rarely after my year long hiatus. 

I was kinda tempted to buy the EBR when it was on sale but i managed to resist...then WG put the Lansen on sale...long story short, i bought it and holy crap what a tank! 

For the first time in ages i had actually fun playing WoT again and i didn't need to spam premium rounds at everything (except those TIX and X stronk tonks). While i played only one or maybe two (?) games in randoms in it, i was playing Frontlines mostly, and this tank is made for it. 

Screw Defenders, Progettos and the other tanks, this is my Baby! Best purchase ever! 

Anyway, i have a question regarding Frontlines. 

During the game, you accumulate a lot of XP and Crew XP, but i have no idea where all those XP gonna end up after the game. Does it get distributed on a per tank basis, i.e. 500XP in the IS3, 1500XP Lansen, 2000XP Progetto? Basically a distribution based on performance in the current tank.

Or does the last played tank get all the XP?  

My second question is: Is the EBR 75 worth it? I've seen quite a lot of these buggers in Frontlines and randoms, and since i rarely can beat them, i wanna join them.^^  

How does it compare to other light tanks? It's obviously not a passive scout and requires some serious WASD haxxoring, but what about the gun handling? Same playstyle as the TIX and X ones? I.e. very aggressive at the beginning and during the game or is it more like the EVEN 90, which is good at mopping up after the big guys pounded the crap out of each other? 

Thx for your replys! 

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 21 October 2019 - 09:51 AM.

dd_keky #2 Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10597 battles
  • [PAG4N] PAG4N
XP is shared by tanks. Each tank earns his share of XP during FL battle.

As far as for EBR its no as OP as ppl are sayin, tank is blind i can barely get over 400 VR, gun hanndeling is okeish ( you wont hit all of yours locked targets like ppl are trying to say ). At start you need to use you mobility to counter thier ''slower'' scouts to get in positions but in later stages of game, you can load HE and try to flank some TD's, and my fetish is to go HAM for those clickers even tho in 80% it ends up with me getting rekt by someone. Overall tank is a lot of fun to play, only cometative EBR is tier X. Also one more thing go and bind wheels on your mouse coz some keyboards wont let you press more then 2-3 keys atm ( FE if you are pressing W and A, and wanna make quick turn you need to deactive speed mode its easier this way ).

Ringo_Star #3 Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:10 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 61066 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
I've been playing this game since closed beta, and EBR 75 is the most fun tank i have ever played. It's not OP, or easy to drive, but it is very strong vehicle if you play it properly. If you can go for it.

Stevies_Team #4 Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13885 battles

Takes a lot of skill to play an EBR 75 well

I just crash into stuff most of the time and you die fast if you don't get it right

xtrem3x #5 Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35312 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

I'm not a very good EBR driver but found it a Godsend in FL.

Those times you know you're going to spawn really far away, there's only 2 minutes on the clock and you're only 1 or 2 shots away from General... EBR to the rescue, it tears up the ground and gets you back to the fight nice & fast!!

Edited by xtrem3x, 21 October 2019 - 11:40 AM.

VarzA #6 Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postxtrem3x, on 21 October 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

I'm not a very good EBR driver but found it a Godsend in FL.

Those times you know you're going to spawn really far away, there's only 2 minutes on the clock and you're only 1 or 2 shots away from General... EBR to the rescue, it tears up the ground and gets you back to the fight nice & fast!!

Same thing.

It's a good tank for that, when you need to do something quick to shoot up the ranks.

OP, if you liked the Lansen C, you might want to look into the Udes 14 5, plays similarly.

Flicka #7 Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Got LT-432 during the festival and EBR during the sale recently.

This week of FL playing mostly those 2 tanks never got a rank less then mayor…

So yeah, EBR is an excellent tank for Frontline, random games not that much, but fun as hell.

Inappropriate_noob #8 Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostJethro_Grey, on 21 October 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

So, i had recently my WoT anniversary and WG gave me a coupon i didn't want to use, cause i play tanks rarely after my year long hiatus. 

I was kinda tempted to buy the EBR when it was on sale but i managed to resist...then WG put the Lansen on sale...long story short, i bought it and holy crap what a tank! 

For the first time in ages i had actually fun playing WoT again and i didn't need to spam premium rounds at everything (except those TIX and X stronk tonks). While i played only one or maybe two (?) games in randoms in it, i was playing Frontlines mostly, and this tank is made for it. 

Screw Defenders, Progettos and the other tanks, this is my Baby! Best purchase ever! 

Anyway, i have a question regarding Frontlines. 

During the game, you accumulate a lot of XP and Crew XP, but i have no idea where all those XP gonna end up after the game. Does it get distributed on a per tank basis, i.e. 500XP in the IS3, 1500XP Lansen, 2000XP Progetto? Basically a distribution based on performance in the current tank.

Or does the last played tank get all the XP?  

My second question is: Is the EBR 75 worth it? I've seen quite a lot of these buggers in Frontlines and randoms, and since i rarely can beat them, i wanna join them.^^  

How does it compare to other light tanks? It's obviously not a passive scout and requires some serious WASD haxxoring, but what about the gun handling? Same playstyle as the TIX and X ones? I.e. very aggressive at the beginning and during the game or is it more like the EVEN 90, which is good at mopping up after the big guys pounded the crap out of each other? 

Thx for your replys! 

Hard question to answer,only you can sayif you think i is worth it or not,the speed is great but high skill ceiling to actually use it,when Iuse mine in FL I have tomess about with the actual game setting so I can use the auto ai feature of it, that is a pain,as for other tanks the RMB is used for sniper view.

Glad you like the Lansen C, I hung back in that because QB said the gun handling was a but iffy or something,plus tbh the money has run out, but I have my own question about FL.

I find when in that mode the game crashes, my tank randomly freezes, and then a couple onf minute later,everything works fine again, (by this time I am usually steaming mad) not sure if this isa an in game bug or connection problem or whatever, all my drivers are up to date, game is routinely checked and repaired.

A real shame as FL is enjoyable where as randoms are not,plus it is soon to be over with nothing out there or upcoming to replace it.

Stevies_Team #9 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13885 battles

I rage sold my Lansen a while back then repurchased it a few weeks ago

Gun handling has definitely improved

At one point it was worse than a T34-3

Inappropriate_noob #10 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostStevies_Team, on 21 October 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

So it got a buff?

xx984 #11 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 64461 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostNoobySkooby, on 21 October 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

So it got a buff?

No it didn't

Stevies_Team #12 Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13885 battles

Nothing official was ever done to it but with a 4 skill crew it was useless, a total derp gun

For anyone who has it Vstabs and snapshot and BIA give an acceptable return

...well at the moment they do anyway

Edited by Stevies_Team, 21 October 2019 - 03:29 PM.

Bordhaw #13 Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15106 battles

View PostJethro_Grey, on 21 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

My second question is: Is the EBR 75 worth it?

See how they play after the HE nerf. 

Spurtung #14 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74396 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostStevies_Team, on 21 October 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

Lansen has been good since day 1, stop spreading nonsense BS.

lnfernaI #15 Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34500 battles

any EBR tank requires a good crew, otherwise stay away from it

never understood the lansen players, seriously, have none of you heard of the ravioli?

Spurtung #16 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74396 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostlnfernaI, on 22 October 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

never understood the lansen players, seriously, have none of you heard of the ravioli?

I have both.

Lansen is awesome.

Stevies_Team #17 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13885 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 22 October 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

Slow as a slug

12 second reload

bad cammo

no armour

A good alpha gun...  with a whopping 200 pen lol

You can see the potential... but is it really worth the effort

Its a glass TD with bad pen to me

The Lansen scoots about the map and does the same stuff... but the gun can be derpy

Jethro_Grey #18 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4458 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostVarzA, on 21 October 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Same thing.

It's a good tank for that, when you need to do something quick to shoot up the ranks.

OP, if you liked the Lansen C, you might want to look into the Udes 14 5, plays similarly.

Thx for the Suggestion, currently i'm grinding the T54ltwt and the IS3, but i was looking for a medium line to grind, and i didn't want to do another soviet line. 

View PostFlicka, on 21 October 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Got LT-432 during the festival and EBR during the sale recently.

This week of FL playing mostly those 2 tanks never got a rank less then mayor…

So yeah, EBR is an excellent tank for Frontline, random games not that much, but fun as hell.

Well, atm moment 'fun as hell' sounds way more appealing then 'OP as hell', cause in my experience, those two rarely go together in WoT.

View PostStevies_Team, on 21 October 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

Ugh, no. The Lansen never changed iirc. Maybe your perception of it? 

View Postxx984, on 21 October 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

No it didn't

Thx for confirming it.

View PostBordhaw, on 21 October 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

See how they play after the HE nerf. 

Hm...tough one. 

Assuming the HE nerf is coming, i'd guess that the EBR would play more like the Even 90. 

Less HE suicide drive-by blap-age and more AP opportunistic play. 

Let's see what the mighty spread-shiet-thulu says after the testing of the HE 'balance' changes.

View PostSpurtung, on 22 October 2019 - 01:47 AM, said:

Lansen has been good since day 1, stop spreading nonsense BS.

Yeah, the only downside this tank has is it's non-existant armor, as cosmetic pads thrown at you penetrate and do full damage.

Still, my new personal favorite tank, and my only regret is, not buying when it came out.

View PostlnfernaI, on 22 October 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

Well, i have a almost two skill Even 90 crew.

Does the EBR has more crew members then the Even 90? 

I do have the Ravioli, and while i love the gun, the tank is slow and no matter from which angle i get shot at, i always lose my engine. 

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 22 October 2019 - 08:49 AM.

Spurtung #19 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74396 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostJethro_Grey, on 22 October 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

Well, i have a almost two skill Even 90 crew.

Does the EBR has more crew members then the Even 90? 

Yes, 4, with different "jobs" as well.

A commander (doubling as loader), a gunner, a driver and a radio operator. Same crew for all WV (tech tree 8-10 + premium 8)

Jethro_Grey #20 Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4458 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostSpurtung, on 22 October 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

Yes, 4, with different "jobs" as well.

A commander (doubling as loader), a gunner, a driver and a radio operator. Same crew for all WV (tech tree 8-10 + premium 8)

Ah, shucks. 

It seems i may need to train a new crew in my Ravioli and the 'convert' them to the EBR. 

Thx, m8!

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 22 October 2019 - 09:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users