Small issue with Polish Rudy

customization cosmetics Rudy multi-national multinational nation switching base paint paints

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Nordstroem #1 Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

I don't know when the nation switching thing was introduced, but I found out about it recently when Rudy was put out for sale again and I'm very happy about it.

The tiny issue I noticed is that Polish Rudy is still painted in the USSR base colour, but the tank is recognized as Polish so the Polish base colour is not available to buy for it. You can however buy the USSR base colour, which obviously doesn't make any visual difference whatsoever. I haven't checked the other multinational tanks yet (I haven't even checked which are multinational yet), but I suspect that they have the same problem.

Oh, another thing I found is that Rudy doesn't have any fuel or oil consumables available. When Rudy was Russian I had Lend-Lease Oil and Removed Speed Governor on it. I've also checked other Polish premium tanks and see that they have 100- and 105-octane Fuel available. But Polish Rudy doesn't have any of that.

These may be minor issues, but I would appreciate if they were fixed.

It shames me to admit that I've spent an unreasonable amount of gold on cosmetically customizing my tanks...

inb4 people go "Uuugghh thar's moer important things!!!11 WG fix MM! Uuuaaarrgh!". This message brought to you by every single bug-report/feature-suggestion post I've made in the past.

Edited by Nordstroem, 22 October 2019 - 09:23 AM.

Karasu_Hidesuke #2 Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17459 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Russian bias? :bajan:

Karasu_Hidesuke #3 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17459 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
More seriously, do you use some mod, because my Polish Rudy has the option to apply Polish base paints like Szaro-piaskowa and others, suitable for Polish vehicles. Didn't actually try to buy it, though.

Nordstroem #4 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 21 October 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

More seriously, do you use some mod, because my Polish Rudy has the option to apply Polish base paints like Szaro-piaskowa and others, suitable for Polish vehicles. Didn't actually try to buy it, though.

That's not a base paint every nation has its own set of paints, but they also have the ability to paint the base paints of other nations. You can if you want paint a Polish tank in the German base paint (the colour which all German tanks are painted in by default), for example. The problem is that Rudy is already painted in the Soviet base paint and since it's identified as Polish the Polish base paint isn't available for it (but the Soviet base paint is), though all the other Polish paints are.

Maybe I should call them "default paints", but I'm pretty sure they are named "X base paint" in the game, where X is any nation except the one the tank belongs to.

Edited by Nordstroem, 21 October 2019 - 02:28 PM.

Karasu_Hidesuke #5 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17459 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

Okay, sorry, you are right. There does not seem to be any Polish base color available at all. Not for any of the Polish tanks, though I only got the lower tiers not sure if it changes higher up (prolly not).

Ah.. wait. I checked the Soviet Rudy. There is no Soviet base color either. So the way it works is you got the national colors and no base color (of that nation) for any nation. It's either or.

Edited by Karasu_Hidesuke, 21 October 2019 - 02:35 PM.

Nordstroem #6 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 21 October 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

Okay, sorry, you are right. There does not seem to be any Polish base color available at all. Not for any of the Polish tanks, though I only got the lower tiers not sure if it changes higher up (prolly not).

Ah.. wait. I checked the Soviet Rudy. There is no Soviet base color either. So the way it works is you got the national colors and no base color (of that nation) for any nation. It's either or.

Yes. That's because the tank's nation's base paint is supposed to be the default paint, so it makes no sense to buy it. But that doesn't work for Rudy, since it's painted in the Soviet base paint even though it's a Polish tank. The Polish base paint is simply inaccessible for it while you can buy the Soviet base paint which it is already painted in.

Karasu_Hidesuke #7 Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17459 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostNordstroem, on 21 October 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

Yes. That's because the tank's nation's base paint is supposed to be the default paint, so it makes no sense to buy it. But that doesn't work for Rudy, since it's painted in the Soviet base paint even though it's a Polish tank. The Polish base paint is simply inaccessible for it while you can buy the Soviet base paint which it is already painted in.

I tried to spot a difference by painting the Soviet Rudy with the Polish base paint. If I tried to imagine it, the Polish color was maybe very slightly more brownish in hue, but very difficult to see that difference.

Nordstroem #8 Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

I think the difference is significant enough.

Besides, I just went through all my premium tanks and it seems that Rudy is yet the only tank with nation switching ability, but if other tanks get that ability the difference might be a lot bigger. Compare the French and the German base paints, for example. The French is a whole lot bluer and the German is a whole lot greyer. The French Pak 40 and LeFH are both prime targets for getting the nation switching ability in the future. I think it would be good to iron out this issue now rather than later.

Karasu_Hidesuke #9 Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17459 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostNordstroem, on 21 October 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

I think the difference is significant enough.

Besides, I just went through all my premium tanks and it seems that Rudy is yet the only tank with nation switching ability, but if other tanks get that ability the difference might be a lot bigger. Compare the French and the German base paints, for example. The French is a whole lot bluer and the German is a whole lot greyer. The French Pak 40 and LeFH are both prime targets for getting the nation switching ability in the future. I think it would be good to iron out this issue now rather than later.

My color calibration seems to be off then. That looks different indeed. Since the base paint color cannot (and really shouldn't have to) be applied after switching, WG should make it be automatically be 'painted' in the appropriate base color whenever a tank gets switched.

Nordstroem #10 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 21 October 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

My color calibration seems to be off then. That looks different indeed. Since the base paint color cannot (and really shouldn't have to) be applied after switching, WG should make it be automatically be 'painted' in the appropriate base color whenever a tank gets switched.

Yes! That would indeed be the best solution.

I would also accept a solution where the tanks keep the base paint of the original nation and instead makes the new nation's base paint available for purchase while making the original nation's base paint unavailable for purchase. But I think that the other solution would be simpler for them to implement.

I'm hoping to see more multinational tanks in the future and I hope they fix this before then.

Specifically, I most want to see FCM 36 Pak 40 and 105 LeFH18B2 available for Germany, since they are captured French tanks that were modified by Germany.

Eventually I'd also like to see Czechoslovakian Pz.Kpfw. T 15 and Pz.Kpfw. T 25 and British Tetrarch (it's the only Russian lend-lease premium which doesn't have an equivalent for the original nation).

With time one could hope to see Hungarian Turán III prototipus and 43 M. Toldi III, Swiss Panzer 58 Mutz and Canadian Ram II, but that seems very unlikely. :P

The Ram II could at the very least be made British though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users