Why does firendly fire counts towards arty total "crew stunned" time?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

greenT1 #1 Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2272 battles

Some background:

Some arty player got a beef with me in a match.

Good start, own one flank partially, other flank collapse, enemy regroups to stop our flanking move, us get shot to pieces in the base due to no cover and bad lanes of fire.

Then comes enemy scout - kills one of our 3 arties, on other is already dead as enemy is broken our failing flank and going to push for a cap.

Last arty comes my way, I clumsily get out of it's way by reverse and then turn right.

Fun starts:

Then all the "fun" starts. I get back to my spot, autoloader finishes reload, and enemy pushes for a cap - it will be like shooting a fish in a...

Boom. Our arty hits me. No dmg, but that crew shock throws my aiming aim to 100%. Ok. Small space, maybe bad auto aim at the last second.

Then I shot 3 shots for tasty enemy HT - swedish one, have to aim well "into" the tracks. TD finishes them off I think...

BOOOM. Our arty hits me again. Crazy. Can't they aim better?

Then I see that our "winning:" flank isn't there anymore. Enemy winning push must have wisely relocated. There is even enemy scout there.

I'm outta here. I reverse from the slope and... see our arty right behind me.

Ignored them completely. I had our base to de-cap - maybe even push enemy "winning" flank as it probably had only those tanks I could already see.

Our arty tired to ram me as a good bye gift.

Finally I see "19 seconds" in total stun time, but 88 total dmg in that arty...

Why on earth would WG reward such a bad behavior with a high score stat?

So I have proposition:

No scores of any kind for a player who deals a dmg to a team mate if there is no real enemy near by.

Like no medals, no dmgs, no any other score a player could show for their friendly fire.

There would of course be a need for a good heuristics here. Being shot at by friendly arty is sometimes the only good move.

E.g. to shoot at enemy tank, I managed to find myself close to & immobile & unable to kill it before it kills me.

Epilogue:

Since there where 3 arty players, and I didn't registered which one exactly it was, I couldn't report in match. But then they wrote me some quick and angry message in private chat... so I reopened game result screen ;)

Edited by greenT1, 21 October 2019 - 08:45 PM.

psychobear #2 Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19741 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
Arty is just pathetic. They should get banned for "friendly" stun, but WG just think it's ok for an already gamebreaking game mechanic to be even more gamebreaking, by allowing it to stun team mates with no punishment whatsoever. Well, just WG (votka) things, i guess.

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24709 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostgreenT1, on 21 October 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

Since there where 3 arty players, and I didn't registered which one exactly it was, I couldn't report in match. But then they wrote me some quick and angry message in private chat... so I reopened game result screen ;)

It's a pity you didn't screen-shot the garage chat and send that to support......that's classed as a 'garage violation' and is worth a three day ban from the game.:)

Homer_J #4 Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:09 PM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostgreenT1, on 21 October 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

In answer to your question, friendly fire stun damage does not count toward total stun time.

So he didn't get much damage, you can stun and do 0 damage.

22:11 Added after 1 minute

View PostgreenT1, on 21 October 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

So I have proposition:

No scores of any kind for a player who deals a dmg to a team mate

Team damage has been removed for a few patches now so this rule would be somewhat moot.

HassenderZerhacker #5 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32087 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostHomer_J, on 21 October 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

Team damage has been removed for a few patches now so this rule would be somewhat moot.

Stun is still damage. Damage to HP is zero but there is temporary damage to aim time and reload time. So it should count as damage.

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35484 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postpsychobear, on 21 October 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

Arty is just pathetic. They should get banned for "friendly" stun, but WG just think it's ok for an already gamebreaking game mechanic to be even more gamebreaking, by allowing it to stun team mates with no punishment whatsoever. Well, just WG (votka) things, i guess.

WG's idea with friendly stuns is kinda...wrong.

The other day I was facehugging a Skorpion, my arty hits us both, Skorpion kills me.

So after yelling at the arty for stunning me and prolonging my reload his excuse was "his is longer too though, he's stunned too".

Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 22 October 2019 - 12:17 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 22 October 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

So after yelling at the arty for stunning me and prolonging my reload his excuse was "his is longer too though, he's stunned too".

Well he's not wrong. If the Skorpion had the reload on you then you were dead anyway, that arty shot might have saved you. 

Homer_J #8 Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:33 AM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 22 October 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

So after yelling at the arty for stunning me

Don't you have medkits?

TankkiPoju #9 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24444 battles

I have had "friendly" arties shoot me all game, because I didn't play the way they wanted. And then drown in the end.

And they never go blue anymore and reporting to WG is a complete waste of time.

NekoPuffer_PPP #10 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35484 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 October 2019 - 03:24 AM, said:

Well he's not wrong. If the Skorpion had the reload on you then you were dead anyway, that arty shot might have saved you. 

I was loading HE, with a pen it would be enough to kill the Skorp, and I woulda reloaded it before the Skorp if the arty strategically landed his shot far enough to stun only the Skorpion. TBF his shot had a small chance to pen the Skorp but...I was more focused on the stun thing at the time.

View PostHomer_J, on 22 October 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

Don't you have medkits?

It was on cooldown... :sceptic:

pecopad #11 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30231 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

So you are in your spot farming, let the enemy scout kill your arty, instead of killing the scout and then you the complain arty is shooting you....

Farmers will be farmers...

divsmo #12 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38358 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View Postpecopad, on 22 October 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

So you are in your spot farming, let the enemy scout kill your arty, instead of killing the scout and then you the complain arty is shooting you....

Farmers will be farmers...

You seem to be forgetting that arty also have a minimap and the ability to move.

Homer_J #13 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:19 PM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 22 October 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

It was on cooldown... :sceptic:

Don't facehug if you aren't properly prepared.

Sorry, I have zero sympathy for greedy face huggers, you block other peoples shots just so you can die trying to get the damage for yourself.

NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35484 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostHomer_J, on 22 October 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Don't facehug if you aren't properly prepared.

Sorry, I have zero sympathy for greedy face huggers, you block other peoples shots just so you can die trying to get the damage for yourself.

Ah but the Skorpion was rushing me down...and I was in a JPanther (so obviously, I had to face him), forgot to mention that. I was facehugging him because he was facehugging me. I...should've mentioned that it was the other way around...it was past 1AM when I wrote that post.

Just me and arty left on my team, Skorpion was the last on his, so...wasn't really blocking much.

BSHDBCG #15 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6212 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 22 October 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

Don't you have medkits?

Should have written the classic:

"Don't you have a mobile phone... erh medkits?"

:rolleyes:

pecopad #16 Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30231 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postdivsmo, on 22 October 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

You seem to be forgetting that arty also have a minimap and the ability to move.

No, very few SPG's can relocate in time, specially when there is a huge breach in the lines. 3 game arty and nobody protects them... nothing to complain if you get shot while you are farming.

When I play arty any friend behind me or farming near me is fair game...

Edited by pecopad, 22 October 2019 - 05:54 PM.

Bordhaw #17 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15581 battles

View PostgreenT1, on 21 October 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

Some background:

Some arty player got a beef with me in a match.

Good start, own one flank partially, other flank collapse, enemy regroups to stop our flanking move, us get shot to pieces in the base due to no cover and bad lanes of fire.

Then comes enemy scout - kills one of our 3 arties, on other is already dead as enemy is broken our failing flank and going to push for a cap.

Last arty comes my way, I clumsily get out of it's way by reverse and then turn right.

Fun starts:

Then all the "fun" starts. I get back to my spot, autoloader finishes reload, and enemy pushes for a cap - it will be like shooting a fish in a...

Boom. Our arty hits me. No dmg, but that crew shock throws my aiming aim to 100%. Ok. Small space, maybe bad auto aim at the last second.

Then I shot 3 shots for tasty enemy HT - swedish one, have to aim well "into" the tracks. TD finishes them off I think...

BOOOM. Our arty hits me again. Crazy. Can't they aim better?

Then I see that our "winning:" flank isn't there anymore. Enemy winning push must have wisely relocated. There is even enemy scout there.

I'm outta here. I reverse from the slope and... see our arty right behind me.

Ignored them completely. I had our base to de-cap - maybe even push enemy "winning" flank as it probably had only those tanks I could already see.

Our arty tired to ram me as a good bye gift.

Why on earth would WG reward such a bad behavior with a high score stat?

So I have proposition:

No scores of any kind for a player who deals a dmg to a team mate if there is no real enemy near by.

Like no medals, no dmgs, no any other score a player could show for their friendly fire.

There would of course be a need for a good heuristics here. Being shot at by friendly arty is sometimes the only good move.

E.g. to shoot at enemy tank, I managed to find myself close to & immobile & unable to kill it before it kills me.

Epilogue:

greenT1 #18 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2272 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 21 October 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

In answer to your question, friendly fire stun damage does not count toward total stun time.

So he didn't get much damage, you can stun and do 0 damage.

22:11 Added after 1 minute

Thank you for the info.

divsmo #19 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38358 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View Postpecopad, on 22 October 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

No, very few SPG's can relocate in time, specially when there is a huge breach in the lines. 3 game arty and nobody protects them... nothing to complain if you get shot while you are farming.

Think that says more about you than anything else tbh.

greenT1 #20 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2272 battles

View Postpecopad, on 22 October 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

Good point. I do often fail to properly keep up map awareness. This arty player did not had such a problem. They did relocate in time to preserve full HP. I did take over 50% of that scout just as they cleared last hill before  our arty , but that still left them with enough HP to take 2 or 3 hits.

Edited by greenT1, 23 October 2019 - 07:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users