• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

turret_armor #1 Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35203 battles
  • [FDAD] FDAD

Hi all,

Years after a famous youtuber posted a vid how after MANY tries, how he got this close to completing a mission, but an arty ruined it for him ...

Followed by

Years while we had the on first load TK of arty

Years while we had hate spam in private chat and public chat

I still see that the hate is alive.

Stop it!!!!

That youtuber failed to mention every other tank class which ruined all his previous attempts.

And you guys are ruining my game ... because someone had a huge amount of followers willing to pick up his hate war on Arty,

over a perfectly normal arty kill, where he drove into the enemy tank, taking the arty splash and died.

THIS WAR of this youtuber has been going on for YEARS now. 

Just stop it already. IT hurts psychologically, IT hurts in game joy.

Jeez, really ... years of hate war
because of a youtuber.

STOP!!

mateyflip #2 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36685 battles
 I feel the re homing of a topic soon :teethhappy:

kaneloon #3 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:08 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31018 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
Just turn the chat off. You won't stop good players to be frustrated by losing to a class they can't play.

lnfernaI #4 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34354 battles
For every gain, there is a price to pay.

shikaka9 #5 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71169 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Youtubers are evil. :trollface:

Sithilid #6 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13430 battles
Oh. Ok... :popcorn:

Cobra6 #7 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Just stop playing arty, don't add to the problem WoT already has, that will probably solve all your issues.

There is a reason why arty is the *only* class in this game garners so *much* strong opposition and why it's been completely rebalanced multiple times (also the only class to be rebalanced multiple times). The same reason why games like Blitz, but also AW and War Thunder don't even have arty classes.

It's a flawed game mechanic that doesn't work properly and can never be properly balanced in a game where all other classes have a completely different play style and adhere to completely different gameplay rules.

The only issue is that WG doesn't have the brass to just outright remove them from the desktop version of WoT and reimburse everyone their XP/credits even though this would benefit WoT as a game more then it would hurt it in the long run.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 22 October 2019 - 08:08 AM.

lnfernaI #8 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34354 battles

View PostCobra6, on 22 October 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

Just stop playing arty, don't add to the problem WoT already has, that will probably solve all your issues.

There is a reason why arty is the *only* class in this game garners so *much* strong opposition and why it's been completely rebalanced multiple times (also the only class to be rebalanced multiple times). The same reason why games like Blitz, but also AW and War Thunder don't even have arty classes.

It's a flawed game mechanic that doesn't work properly and can never be properly balanced in a game where all other classes have a completely different play style and adhere to completely different gameplay rules.

Cobra 6

Blitz is a game?

Cobra6 #9 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostlnfernaI, on 22 October 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Blitz is a game?

Well, it has micro-transactions, so yes it's a game by 2019 standards!

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 22 October 2019 - 08:08 AM.

TomoVinkovic96 #10 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13774 battles
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M
I just got impaled for 1100 dmg by SPG in my Leopard1 while hiding behind a cover and you want me NOT TO HATE YOU ?? :ohmy:

Stevies_Team #11 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13575 battles

Arty are The Bankers of WoT, feeding off the population like vampires

Everyone hates ya

Edited by Stevies_Team, 22 October 2019 - 08:42 AM.

BQBD #12 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13663 battles
There is about 48.66% chance I will stop hating arty :P:P

jack_timber #13 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:46 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40779 battles

In before lock, makes a change normally late.

Arty is a viable class to play, must be it's still in the game. As to why these good folks hate it is beyond me. Never really had much "hate" when I play this fine class and when I do I have two options ignore or reply. Often find I can have some good fun with totally off the wall replies though.

I play this game for my enjoyment, not others, so will keep on playing what I want when I want. Seems reasonable to me.

Jethro_Grey #14 Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4426 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View Postturret_armor, on 22 October 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

Hi all,

Years after a famous youtuber posted a vid how after MANY tries, how he got this close to completing a mission, but an arty ruined it for him ...

Followed by

Years while we had the on first load TK of arty

Years while we had hate spam in private chat and public chat

I still see that the hate is alive.

Stop it!!!!

That youtuber failed to mention every other tank class which ruined all his previous attempts.

And you guys are ruining my game ... because someone had a huge amount of followers willing to pick up his hate war on Arty,

over a perfectly normal arty kill, where he drove into the enemy tank, taking the arty splash and died.

THIS WAR of this youtuber has been going on for YEARS now. 

Just stop it already. IT hurts psychologically, IT hurts in game joy.

Jeez, really ... years of hate war
because of a youtuber.

STOP!!

That's a bit awkward now...cause i never saw that YT vid you described. 

I hate arty (not nearly as much as CVs in WoWS, but still) because they drop HE bombs on my tank while i try having fun. 

Getting hit for 700+dmg without being able to retaliate causes people to hate the perpetrator - in this case arty. 

Stop playing them, and voila! No more arty hate...you get hated for other things tho.

View PostCobra6, on 22 October 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

The only issue is that WG doesn't have the brass to just outright remove them from the desktop version of WoT and reimburse everyone their XP/credits even though this would benefit WoT as a game more then it would hurt it in the long run.

Cobra 6

+1

Richthoffen #15 Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30267 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

I don't need a video, I play this game and then you get shat on by someone in the back of the map that does not require anything but click, no need to learn maps, weakspots or anything else.

arty has no place in game the way it is now, only problem is wg disabled team damage so you have to rely on the other team to kill the clickers

NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostCobra6, on 22 October 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

Not really, if you remove the best counter to hull down heavy tanks with near impenetrable turrets all you do is shift the meta towards everyone playing impenetrable hull down heavies.

I'm not sure 10 minute games of players sitting behind their ridge lines staring at each other waiting to see who gets bored enough to move first is any much more of a benefit to WoT as a game.

TomatoShooter #17 Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1116 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 October 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Not really, if you remove the best counter to hull down heavy tanks with near impenetrable turrets all you do is shift the meta towards everyone playing impenetrable hull down heavies.

I'm not sure 10 minute games of players sitting behind their ridge lines staring at each other waiting to see who gets bored enough to move first is any much more of a benefit to WoT as a game.

Except most arties don't focus on those strong hull down tanks because they only do 100 dmg and a few seconds of stun for each shell and those hull down locations are often in a relative arty safe place.  

Instead they go for the lights travelling at 60+ km/hour or the active player that actually tries to flank or makes a play to break the enemy hull down positions. That is why every active good player hates arty, they get punished for trying to play the game.

And don't start about (high) alpha TD's now. That is often a calculated risk when trying to make a game winning play..you might get shot by a TD but he will get spotted in most cases so then his position is know and you can counter him as well.

Edited by TomatoShooter, 22 October 2019 - 09:42 AM.

pihip #18 Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16022 battles
Who's this youtuber that you're talking about?

Also, arty hate doesn't need influencers. Years ago, it was getting oneshotted with AP/HEAT or lose 1/3 of your healt to a splash (a SPLASH, not a direct hit), now it's the thrice cursed stun mechanic.

And they say aircraft carriers in WoWs are bad, lol. They know so little. :trollface:

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm really not sure what to make of this.

It appears genuine, but there be a whiff of sarcasm aboot it too.

I'm confused...:unsure:

Bora_BOOM #20 Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:57 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28790 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I don’t hate arty. I love it.

There is nothing more satisfying than getting shot from the other side of the map without being able to retaliate.

The stunned crewmembers are feeling jolly fine.

Splashed while being behind the building is a second to none mechanics masterpiece in this game.

The premium HE spam is also magnificent.

We should all embrace it, arta is perfectly fine.

It has been improved so much.

Everyone should have a Leffe.

Yippie ki fcking yay!

Also tagged with Arty, Hate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users