• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #21 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43253 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTomatoShooter, on 22 October 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

. That is why every active good player hates arty, they get punished for trying to play the game.

They hate it because they struggle to deal with it - it doesn't fit into their narrow minded, dogmatic view of how they think they game should be & they get punished for refusing to adapt, nothing more.

Good players they may be, but that doesn't give them any business telling others how to enjoy the game.

Funny isn't it though, how lesser skilled players seem to cope with arty quite well?

09:04 Added after 1 minute

View PostBora_BOOM, on 22 October 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don’t hate arty. I love it.

There is nothing more satisfying than getting shot from the other side of the map without being able to retaliate.

The stunned crewmembers are feeling jolly fine.

Splashed while being behind the building is a second to none mechanics masterpiece in this game.

The premium HE spam is also magnificent.

We should all embrace it, arta is perfectly fine.

It has been improved so much.

Everyone should have a Leffe.

Yippie ki fcking yay!

Do I sense a hint of sarcasm?

Or is that a great big steaming pile of sarcasm?

:trollface:

09:06 Added after 3 minute

View PostTomatoShooter, on 22 October 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

Except most arties don't focus on those strong hull down tanks because they only do 100 dmg and a few seconds of stun for each shell and those hull down locations are often in a relative arty safe place.

Instead they go for the lights travelling at 60+ km/hour

Simply not true - take it from someone who plays a lot of arty.

You know not of what you speak.

tajj7 #22 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 October 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Not really, if you remove the best counter to hull down heavy tanks with near impenetrable turrets all you do is shift the meta towards everyone playing impenetrable hull down heavies.

I'm not sure 10 minute games of players sitting behind their ridge lines staring at each other waiting to see who gets bored enough to move first is any much more of a benefit to WoT as a game.

Patient - 'Doctor I have this pain in my abdomen, it's really painful'

Doctor - 'Ah yes let's have a look, hmmmn I think you may have appendicitis'

Patient - 'So you can fix the problem and make the pain go away?'

Doctor - 'Well yes I could do that, but instead I am going to kick you repeatedly in the shins, that way you will feel the pain elsewhere and won't worry so much about the pain in your stomach, I am also going to kick everyone else around you in the shins as well so they feel your pain'.

Your logic.

Also as if arty actually shoots at the targets it is supposed to and the fact that arty CAUSES stalemates, not prevents them.  The best counter to hull down tanks is using your brain, not no skill clickers sitting comfy in base who also make everyone elses games miserable. 

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 22 October 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

Simply not true - take it from someone who plays a lot of arty badly

Fixed it for you, he knows more about what he is talking about than you do, you spend the whole game doing 700 damage in a tier 10 arty and think you have accomplished something by killing a low health heavy tank that was going to die anyway, just because it was a unicum. 

Edited by tajj7, 22 October 2019 - 11:28 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #23 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43253 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 22 October 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Patient - 'Doctor I have this pain in my abdomen, it's really painful'

Doctor - 'Ah yes let's have a look, hmmmn I think you may have appendicitis'

Patient - 'So you can fix the problem and make the pain go away?'

Doctor - 'Well yes I could do that, but instead I am going to kick you repeatedly in the shins, that way you will feel the pain elsewhere and won't worry so much about the pain in your stomach'.

Your logic.

Also as if arty actually shoots at the targets it is supposed to and the fact that arty CAUSES stalemates, not prevents them.  The best counter to hull down tanks is using your brain, not no skill clickers sitting comfy in base who also make everyone elses games miserable.

Not everyone.

09:08 Added after 0 minute
I can hear pitchforks being sharpened..........................

_b_ #24 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 57616 battles

With WG unable / unwilling to change much more on this class, the frustration will not go away.  At least they've managed to limit numbers, even if a further limitation to just 1 each side would be better.

Going away is more than highly unlikely...to many players invested time and money for WG to want to reimburse them for it.

Doing arty missions now and if I've counted correctly from campaigns, there are about 16 or 18 left to do that require me to play whack-a-mole....so almost done and thank Dog for tha!!.  How anyone can stomach playing arty for thousand and thousand of battles are a mystery!?

Erwin_Von_Braun #25 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43253 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_b_, on 22 October 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Going away is more than highly unlikely...to many players invested time and money for WG to want to reimburse them for it.

This is the part I really don't get.

Too may people have time/money invested - how can that be if 'everyone' hates it?

A rather odd paradox don't you think?

TomatoShooter #26 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1116 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 22 October 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

They hate it because they struggle to deal with it - it doesn't fit into their narrow minded, dogmatic view of how they think they game should be & they get punished for refusing to adapt, nothing more. Good players they may be, but that doesn't give them any business telling others how to enjoy the game.

Funny isn't it though, how lesser skilled players seem to cope with arty quite well?

Lol, how can you deal with it if you don't have a direct line of fire on something and you have to dig out hull down steve's and camping TD's first? While mr clicker can click every 30 seconds without exposing themselves to any fire.  And there is only one way to adapt: Hide somewhere where you get minimal splash damage because you still will get focused instead of Steve in his IS7 pushing the other flank. And the more clickers the worse the gameplay is because multiple arties per game prevent camping right?

Because lesser skilled players don't have to cope with arty each and every game and/or all game long maybe?

unhappy_bunny #27 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:30 AM

Colonel

• 20211 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostCobra6, on 22 October 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

Just stop playing arty, don't add to the problem WoT already has, that will probably solve all your issues.

There is a reason why arty is the *only* class in this game garners so *much* strong opposition and why it's been completely rebalanced multiple times (also the only class to be rebalanced multiple times). The same reason why games like Blitz, but also AW and War Thunder don't even have arty classes.

It's a flawed game mechanic that doesn't work properly and can never be properly balanced in a game where all other classes have a completely different play style and adhere to completely different gameplay rules.

The only issue is that WG doesn't have the brass to just outright remove them from the desktop version of WoT and reimburse everyone their XP/credits even though this would benefit WoT as a game more then it would hurt it in the long run.

Cobra 6

I always wondered why AW and WT were so successful, now I know. 

Inappropriate_noob #28 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles

View PostTomatoShooter, on 22 October 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Lol, how can you deal with it if you don't have a direct line of fire on something and you have to dig out hull down steve's and camping TD's first? While mr clicker can click every 30 seconds without exposing themselves to any fire.  And there is only one way to adapt: Hide somewhere where you get minimal splash damage because you still will get focused instead of Steve in his IS7 pushing the other flank. And the more clickers the worse the gameplay is because multiple arties per game prevent camping right?

Because lesser skilled players don't have to cope with arty each and every game and/or all game long maybe?

What? Any player in this game has to deal with arty,skilled or not.

Sirebellus #29 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23534 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 22 October 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

What? Any player in this game has to deal with arty,skilled or not.

Oh come on Skooby... everybody on the Forum knows that the minute you hit 50% WR all Arty players focus on you because you are officially a 'skilled' player
(the fact that only about 10% of Arty players use XVM is irrelevant)

Evilier_than_Skeletor #30 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21116 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View Postturret_armor, on 22 October 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

And you guys are ruining my game ...

IT hurts in game joy.

Please take a moment to consider these parts in regards to arty. You got checkboxes that make your problems go away. There's no box to prevent arty from taking 1/4, 1/3 or more of your health and a few modules/crew. All this with a splash while hugging a building, driving in circles or praying to rngeezuz. Now imagine this match after match, day after day. Throw in the possibility of getting hit by several arties at once. Can you see why the enjoyment of an arty player might not be the biggest concern to everyone?

Do you have a link to the video you mentioned?

Inappropriate_noob #31 Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles

View PostSirebellus, on 22 October 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Oh come on Skooby... everybody on the Forum knows that the minute you hit 50% WR all Arty players focus on you because you are officially a 'skilled' player
(the fact that only about 10% of Arty players use XVM is irrelevant)

Lol I would not know that,the only account I have those figures is on my WoW's alt, (my WoT's alt is just a smidgen more than my regular one, which means that yes I admit I can't play this game) beside they can only target you if they use XVM for figures like that, I don't so remain blind.

Oh and a top pro tip from a top pro tomato like me,when faced with a leafblower, always keep mobile,they are not as OP as folk make out:D

Edited by NoobySkooby, 22 October 2019 - 10:55 AM.

jack_timber #32 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41313 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 22 October 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

Not everyone.

09:08 Added after 0 minute
I can hear pitchforks being sharpened..........................

Ahh Erwin after your period away from the forum nothing has changed much....

The pitchforks are only being sharpened by the same few forumites who only think they know better.

chainreact0r #33 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34988 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 22 October 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

It's very funny indeed since the lesser skilled players have no clue how to use armor and environment properly so they get penned very often which means for them it doesn't matter if it's an S.Conq or a Conq G.C. that does 400 damage. When they peak they know they lose hp so it's all the same.

A good player on the other hand, doesn't get penned every time. He knows how to angle the armor to minimize the chance of pen and how to hide behind cover/ridges and impose an advantageous rhythm to a duel depending on who has the better dpm/alpha. And then, out of the blue, arty misses for 500 and kills gunner and loader. Very fair, much skill.

TungstenHitman #34 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

I played arty for two campaigns with honors which took time and in all those hundreds of battles I didn't get TK'd or toxic abuse... not one single time. Was I just lucky? Probably not based on the large sample size. 

Try shooting the red targets instead of the green ones. I find that helps a lot for team relations.

Flicka #35 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23473 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Well, wg tried to "fix" it by giving arty some utility with the stun mechanic.

Too bad they added it to a game where roughly 70% don't even get any kind of game mechanic, so adding one just made no sense.

I do not see a way to make arty a viable vehicle without some negative aspect of their gameplay.

But I definitely do not see WG removing them, too much hassle and even more negative feedback from all the fishes.

And let's face it, we all know the arty players would just move on to TDs and load full HE, and park in the same location.

dUG1 #36 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33106 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah, please stop the arty hating on players and focusing them with XVM:

Edited by dUG1, 22 October 2019 - 12:42 PM.

SilentGaze #37 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 960 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 22 October 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

I played arty for two campaigns with honors which took time and in all those hundreds of battles I didn't get TK'd or toxic abuse... not one single time. Was I just lucky? Probably not based on the large sample size. 

Try shooting the red targets instead of the green ones. I find that helps a lot for team relations.

I've played SPG 373 games, mostly tier 5 and 6, and been shot at by my team mates more than once, pushed and harassed by two team mates, tried to lure with the barrel trick.  I would say that you have been very very lucky.

SPG is not exeption of that kind of harassment. Light tanks are shot because not spotting, TD's not shooting spotted targets or just pushed to enemy fire for fun. I've been once pushed down to death at my heavy tank.  In most cases I think the reason was that I didn't play like an unicum but just like an 45% player.

ThorgrimBrenadim #38 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34502 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 October 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Not really, if you remove the best counter to hull down heavy tanks with near impenetrable turrets all you do is shift the meta towards everyone playing impenetrable hull down heavies.

I'm not sure 10 minute games of players sitting behind their ridge lines staring at each other waiting to see who gets bored enough to move first is any much more of a benefit to WoT as a game.

But if wargamming rebalanced ammo correctly rather than the braindead solution they are talking about with HE at present. So limited the number of APCR that a tank can carry then it becomes a tactical choice that could get to a level that you could increase the pen to help counter the hull down super heavy's.

Now this would also need a rework on the pathetic RNG that wargamming have at present. But there are ways to deal with hull down tanks with tanks side scraping with TD's sniping hidden from a bush.....(Oh they already have started doing that if they do not pull back far enough they can be spotted still as bush camo and tank camo rating go down, and even if the player knows exactly how to use the bush there is the indication marker that helps even an average player return fire on that TD).

Edited by ThorgrimBrenadim, 22 October 2019 - 01:32 PM.

Homer_J #39 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

Field Marshal

• 32940 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 22 October 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

There is a reason why arty is the *only* class in this game garners so *much* strong opposition and why it's been completely rebalanced multiple times (also the only class to be rebalanced multiple times).

Well, the only class if you don't count the multiple times TDs have been rebalanced and the multiple times lights have been rebalanced and the......  selective memory much?

Arty is a valid class and played well it is an asset to the team.  It's also an asset to the enemy team which is why it gets so much hate.  And tears by PM after the battle, beautiful, delicious, tears.

12:27 Added after 2 minute

View PostdUG1, on 22 October 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

Yeah, please stop the arty hating on players and focusing them with XVM:

Stop being a threat to my team.  It's easy, leave my guys alone and I'll leave you alone.  Do we have a deal?

barison1 #40 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44531 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

sure i will stop hating arty if arty gets limited to 1.  with 3 arty ingame you will simply get permastunned and instantly rekt if even trying to be somewhat active ingame, plain stupid. just 1 arty to dig out that pesky e3 being hulldown is enough

and if we are on it; remove xvm already so they can stop xvm focussing people

Also tagged with Arty, Hate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users