Jump to content


3 marking leo(t7 Sweden)


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

snowlywhite #1 Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25656 battles
  • 469
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

Who marked it - how did you do it? With what gun?

 

I'm trying to get used with the derpy gun handling of the line and trying to do it with the big gun. But it seems total sf; or totally random... Think I had 15 good/very good battles out of over 40(1st 20 or so battles were stock/semi stock). I don't think I had 5 aces in those 40.

 

Problem is, I think I had over 10 really bad battles.

 

I'm not the greatest player, but I don't expect to 3 mark it in 70 battles either. I expect a modest 1.8-2k combined and mark it in the end. Crew is semi decent(high on the 4th, minus the loader who's normal recruit since he won't carry over and is on his 3rd). I run food...

 

today: 25 battles(was fully researched already). Average - 1230 dmg/620 assist(obviously not all counts since there are battles with both track and spot). Problem is I had 6-7 with under 700 dmg. Yes, bad teams or bottom tier and my team steamrolls, yada yada. I know how to deal with those. But the gun seems to throw tantrums from time to time and become a total potato launcher...

 

again: bia, snapshot/smooth ride(partial), food, liberal use of apcr(not that shell velocity becomes great, but it's mildly better...)

 

Is it any better with the small gun? I mean, the tank honestly starts getting on my nerves... The previous two were ok tanks. But this one...

 

p.s - I've played is, is-2, a-44. I'm not totally new to this. It's true, if it's something that I hate, it is bad gun handling; don't care about armor, etc. But such bad gun handling I don't think I saw even on a-44.



Balc0ra #2 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 73320 battles
  • 20,868
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I used, and still use the big gun when I marked it. Tho for my style it in, it did work the best. As I have mine setup as a hybrid. As support fire, bully and spotting. As in a +2 game, half my MOE was assisted damage. So I ran rammer, vents and optics on it. The crew has BIA, camo, recon  and snap shot. View range is only 430, but 23% camo when moving before food helps close the distance. And I find it rather versatile on some maps in terms of mixing assist and damage as long as you use vegetation or terrain to cover your movement as best you can, or if you can. And as top tier I just used the terrain to bully with the alpha, and relocated often. As most tier 5 and 6 targets usually back of after the first hit if you high roll. 

 

Use Directives if you have in stock etc. I've used Focus on target on my last 2 MOE's as it keeps targets spotted for longer. As I have 400+ from FL.

 

Keep in mind that if you have spot and track assist, it only counts the highest. So if you are spotting well, then a track shot late game vs going for damage might not count.



NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:47 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34356 battles
  • 4,046
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

If anyone uses the small gun instead of the big one; you're doing it wrong. Very very wrong.

 

With that out of the way:

 

Use your gun depression to poke ridgelines. You need to be at close-medium range to be effective.

 

You have a high caliber gun so it's easy to detrack tanks you hit. Always aim for the tracks if you have a sideshot, any tracking assistance you can rack up will help with 3-marking.

 

You are fast so it's easy to relocate to a more advantageous position if necessary.

 

I've never managed to 3-mark mine...but I've gotten really close, up to 93%.

 

The Leo is one of my personal favorite tech tree tanks in the game. It's a brilliant tank when used right.

23:50 Added after 2 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 October 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

Keep in mind that if you have spot and track assist, it only counts the highest. So if you are spotting well, then a track shot late game vs going for damage might not count.

 

Strange, they don't count together?



Balc0ra #4 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 73320 battles
  • 20,868
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 23 October 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

Strange, they don't count together?

 

If you use the MOE mod, it does take that into account. So you might notice a lower combined number if you have a bit of everything.



snowlywhite #5 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:27 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25656 battles
  • 469
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 23 October 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

Strange, they don't count together?

 

for moe, it takes into acct only the highest of the 2

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 October 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

I used, and still use the big gun when I marked it. Tho for my style it in, it did work the best. As I have mine setup as a hybrid. As support fire, bully and spotting. As in a +2 game, half my MOE was assisted damage. So I ran rammer, vents and optics on it. The crew has BIA, camo, recon  and snap shot. View range is only 430, but 23% camo when moving before food helps close the distance. And I find it rather versatile on some maps in terms of mixing assist and damage as long as you use vegetation or terrain to cover your movement as best you can, or if you can. And as top tier I just used the terrain to bully with the alpha, and relocated often. As most tier 5 and 6 targets usually back of after the first hit if you high roll. 

 

Use Directives if you have in stock etc. I've used Focus on target on my last 2 MOE's as it keeps targets spotted for longer. As I have 400+ from FL.

 

Keep in mind that if you have spot and track assist, it only counts the highest. So if you are spotting well, then a track shot late game vs going for damage might not count.

 

as top tier is pretty easy; half of the ppl. are rather static so the potato launcher can be aimed fully. Bottom tier is the problem for me: bad gun handling + low pen...

 

good tip about designated target; probably I have a ton of those around.

 

I run rammer/optics/binos(with sa, but without recon). Obviously full camo. I actually consider ditching binos for gld or vents. Problem is I have the feeling I'd trade some semi guaranteed assist when bottom tier for another hole in the ground...

 

do you snapshot when poking ridges? Because it seems totally unable to snapshot. And semi aiming guarantees a hit back for... "maybe hitting". On paper it trades ok; have 1/6-1/8 games over 2.5-3k. But again, the problem are the other 1/6-1/8 of the games when the gun is on holiday. Hard to mark with such inconsistency...

 

I've 3 marked t20, I've started training another crew in it, no problem. But that was a fine tank and a good gun. Here I have the feeling I have 25% more alpha, but miss way way more than 25% of what I did in t20. Plus the lower pen and the shell that needs 3 decades to reach it's target.



JocMeister #6 Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:57 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 28006 battles
  • 2,655
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

Big gun. Play it like any other paper MT. Think I needed 1,8k for 3rd if I remember correctly.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:30 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34294 battles
  • 4,581
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Small gun just makes it a fat Cromwell so big gun all the way. Big gun lets you trade very well.

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:32 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23726 battles
  • 7,333
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Meh, I like it more with the small gun. Trading in a tier 7 medium tank is bit silly no matter what gun you use in it.



Thlurp #9 Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14193 battles
  • 667
  • [JORM] JORM
  • Member since:
    08-15-2012

dont forget to use food and fire extinguisher directive. with all view skills you can get to 460 viewrange if you mount rammer/vents/optics

 

and i pretty much always use a female commander as they usually are the skill heaviest crewmember

 

good luck on marking it



NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34294 battles
  • 4,581
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostTankkiPoju, on 23 October 2019 - 06:32 AM, said:

Meh, I like it more with the small gun. Trading in a tier 7 medium tank is bit silly no matter what gun you use in it.

 

Trading in anything is a bit silly if you can avoid it, damage for nothing is always preferable, but if you can't it makes them think twice about repeating it if you take a 300+ bite out of them.



8126Jakobsson #11 Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:53 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 79617 battles
  • 5,379
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

I've pretty much only played it with the small gun. I rather hit a couple of fast accurate ones than to derp once. Carried on with that on the UDES 14 but on that one the big gun is the far better option, so it's not like I'm strictly a pew-pew guy by principle. :P

Equipment was rammer, optics and vents with my usual MT playstyle of a "cautious light"; luring in a forward position somewhere to spot and...shoot at stuff. Ground breaking.

 

 

Went back to grind for the then upcoming tanks and got the mark while I was at it. Comfortable tank but the tier 6 gets a higher rating.  



Jauhesammutin #12 Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23668 battles
  • 1,012
  • [FAUF] FAUF
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

I marked it with the small gun. It's a better Comet.

Rammer, optics and stabilizer with good crew gives you a healthy +450 VR.

 

Edit: Oh, you can't fit stabilizer on the tank. Then definitely the small gun with vents.


Edited by Jauhesammutin, 23 October 2019 - 08:56 AM.


tajj7 #13 Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28260 battles
  • 16,451
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Not marked it but when I played it to unlock the UDES medium it seemed a pretty pointless tank with the small gun, it's just a worse Comet with the small gun. 

 

Use the alpha, trade and play support at closer ranges. 

 

I played it similarly to how you would play an M4 Rev, medium to close range support play, bit more like a cross between a TD and medium, look for side shots, inside wheel shots etc. 



tank276 #14 Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:43 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 53901 battles
  • 782
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012
Only 2 marks so far, I ve always used the small caliber gun.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 73320 battles
  • 20,868
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postsnowlywhite, on 23 October 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

I run rammer/optics/binos(with sa, but without recon). Obviously full camo. I actually consider ditching binos for gld or vents. Problem is I have the feeling I'd trade some semi guaranteed assist when bottom tier for another hole in the ground...

 

 

I ran gld on mine early on, but did feel crippled by the lack of view range to get assist. But I still wanted vents and rammer for the gun. So I ditched it for optics and got better results. As I wanted the view range boost constantly when relocating, not just when standing still to get that assist. But that worked for my style in it. All you can do is experiment to figure out what works best for you.

 

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 23 October 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

I've pretty much only played it with the small gun. I rather hit a couple of fast accurate ones than to derp once. Carried on with that on the UDES 14 but on that one the big gun is the far better option, so it's not like I'm strictly a pew-pew guy

 

I could not get it to work with the small gun for my style in it. It worked fine as top tier vs soft mid to low tier targets. But in a +2 game taking one shot and backing off not to trade badly just was to slow. As unlike the Comet, I don't trust that turret. I would rather have the alpha.. even if it bounced. But that's just it. Experiment and find the gun for you style. 



Dramakid19 #16 Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 19389 battles
  • 83
  • [V1PER] V1PER
  • Member since:
    11-10-2016

View Postsnowlywhite, on 22 October 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

Who marked it - how did you do it? With what gun?

 

I'm trying to get used with the derpy gun handling of the line and trying to do it with the big gun. But it seems total sf; or totally random... Think I had 15 good/very good battles out of over 40(1st 20 or so battles were stock/semi stock). I don't think I had 5 aces in those 40.

 

Problem is, I think I had over 10 really bad battles.

 

I'm not the greatest player, but I don't expect to 3 mark it in 70 battles either. I expect a modest 1.8-2k combined and mark it in the end. Crew is semi decent(high on the 4th, minus the loader who's normal recruit since he won't carry over and is on his 3rd). I run food...

 

today: 25 battles(was fully researched already). Average - 1230 dmg/620 assist(obviously not all counts since there are battles with both track and spot). Problem is I had 6-7 with under 700 dmg. Yes, bad teams or bottom tier and my team steamrolls, yada yada. I know how to deal with those. But the gun seems to throw tantrums from time to time and become a total potato launcher...

 

again: bia, snapshot/smooth ride(partial), food, liberal use of apcr(not that shell velocity becomes great, but it's mildly better...)

 

Is it any better with the small gun? I mean, the tank honestly starts getting on my nerves... The previous two were ok tanks. But this one...

 

p.s - I've played is, is-2, a-44. I'm not totally new to this. It's true, if it's something that I hate, it is bad gun handling; don't care about armor, etc. But such bad gun handling I don't think I saw even on a-44.

Use ridges, gold , pika boo tactic.



LordMuffin #17 Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:47 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53419 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postsnowlywhite, on 22 October 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

Who marked it - how did you do it? With what gun?

 

I'm trying to get used with the derpy gun handling of the line and trying to do it with the big gun. But it seems total sf; or totally random... Think I had 15 good/very good battles out of over 40(1st 20 or so battles were stock/semi stock). I don't think I had 5 aces in those 40.

 

Problem is, I think I had over 10 really bad battles.

 

I'm not the greatest player, but I don't expect to 3 mark it in 70 battles either. I expect a modest 1.8-2k combined and mark it in the end. Crew is semi decent(high on the 4th, minus the loader who's normal recruit since he won't carry over and is on his 3rd). I run food...

 

today: 25 battles(was fully researched already). Average - 1230 dmg/620 assist(obviously not all counts since there are battles with both track and spot). Problem is I had 6-7 with under 700 dmg. Yes, bad teams or bottom tier and my team steamrolls, yada yada. I know how to deal with those. But the gun seems to throw tantrums from time to time and become a total potato launcher...

 

again: bia, snapshot/smooth ride(partial), food, liberal use of apcr(not that shell velocity becomes great, but it's mildly better...)

 

Is it any better with the small gun? I mean, the tank honestly starts getting on my nerves... The previous two were ok tanks. But this one...

 

p.s - I've played is, is-2, a-44. I'm not totally new to this. It's true, if it's something that I hate, it is bad gun handling; don't care about armor, etc. But such bad gun handling I don't think I saw even on a-44.

I did it with the 300 dmg gun.

 

It trades very well with it, and gun depression is good, which is your 2 advantages.

 

You lack armour and gun handling, so you can't snap shot or aim for a long time if spotted (with reliability).

 

So you can setup and punish any enemy aggressive move.

You can setup crossfires pretty well aswell (due to decent mobility).

And you can, especially if top tiered, go into a brawl and close quarter combat and just outtrade enemy tanks (but you have to know damage of enemy tank and that you can reliably damage him).

 

 



snowlywhite #18 Posted 27 October 2019 - 05:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25656 battles
  • 469
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

210 bananas to 3 mark this pos. Last 100 being for the last 7% =))) God, I hate that gun/rng =)))

 

but then, yesterday, at precisely the 9th beer the miracle happened. Obviously afterwards think I raised another 1% in the next 2 battles =)))

 

still valid: tier 7 meds - it's t20 and it's the rest. And the rest are bad.

 

tried the small gun, but only for a few battles. When, tbh, it wasn't even the gun; guess I got some of the worst teams in majority of those battles. Which I took as a sign from the gods that I should keep playing with the potato launcher :P


Edited by snowlywhite, 27 October 2019 - 05:08 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users