christmas wishlist feature request new tanks premium tanks gift

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Nordstroem #1 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

It's nearing the end of October and I guess that Wargaming has already planned out the Christmas event, but there's no harm in sending them a wishlist anyway, right?

I'll start off with tanks that I would like to see added to the game. Whether they are given as the new year's gift or sold for money makes no difference for me personally. After that I will add some more minor stuff that I would like to see added to the game.

I understand that not everyone will agree with this list. Feel free to add your own wishes in replies, but this isn't a bug report or complaint post, so please avoid making wishes like "remove arty", "fix matchmaking" or "nerf/buff X". Also, avoid berating other people's wishes too much.

Tanks (new year's gift or for sale)

• Strv m/40 - Now, now. I know what some of you will say. "But that would just be another reskin of Pz 38(t) and LT vz. 38!" You'd be right. Sorta. It is slightly modified. For one it is heavier. It also uses a Swedish engine and cannon. I really want to have this tank in my garage.
  •  Strv m/37 - Another Czech design. It's Czech name is ČKD AH-IV. It could be multinational, but the Czech themselves didn't use it. It was used by Sweden and Romania, but Romania is not in the game yet. The Swedish version also didn't use the original weapons or engine, so multinationalism might not work for it.
  •  Strv m/31 - This one is a wholly Swedish design. It's perhaps not super interesting, buuuuut... perhaps the next tank is?
  •  Strv fm/31 - This tank is super interesting! At it's base it's the same as the Strv m/31, but it has wheels that it can raise and lower depending on the terrain! With the addition of wheeled armoured cars this could be the next step? The tracks give manoeuvrability and less ground resistance while the wheels give speed. If I'm not mistaken, one of the wheeled vehicles already in the game has the ability to lower special wheels to increase traction, so it's not that very different. Though, of course I realize that this will need testing and development time since it would actually be a new function, so it's unlikely it will be added by Christmas. Still a dream for the future. Another big issue is about power creep though. There were other tanks designs with the ability to lower wheels (this was back when tracks were vulnerable to damage from a lot of use), however to my knowledge those tanks all had to stop to switch to wheels and that could take some time. The fm/31 was unique in that it could switch in 30 seconds while on the move. Because of this, if fm/31 was to be implemented first it would leave people disappointed if other tanks with wheels were implemented later and they had to stop to switch and also take longer to switch. The alternative would be to let them all switch on the move, but I don't like historical inaccuracies like that. Of course, it wouldn't be a problem if fm/31 was the only one with that functionality implemented.
  •  Strv 81 - I saw garage icon for it in the game files. It may be the same as the Primo Victoria, but without the skin, but I still want it. I actually want all the tanks with skins to come in an unskinned version. Hell, even better would be if they were the same tanks and the skin was something you could put on or take off like the 3D skins.
  •  British Tetrarch - It's the only Russian Lend-Lease tank that doesn't have an equivalent in the original nation.
  •  SU-76I - I saw when it was for sale. It was many years back and I was not at home. I thought "Yes! I'm going to buy that when I get home". But when I got home it was pulled from the store for being OP... Only a few people managed to buy it, so it should be fine to reimburse them with gold and nerf it a bit or up-tier it. I just really want this tank in my garage!

Other stuff (to patch in, not gifts or rewards)

•  I love camouflages. Historical ones. Please add more historical camouflages. I know that Sweden is missing a few patterns and colour combinations. I don't give a rodent's behind about fictional camouflages. I only use them for tanks for which there's no historical camouflage that matches its era. Cold war camouflages for German and Swedish tanks are lacking, for example. I spend most of my gold on camouflages.
  •  Hungarian emblems for Turán and Toldi. It's long overdue. (I don't know if a Hungarian tech tree will ever be added, but a Hungarian crew would be nice too, though I realize that's more of a distant future thing. If a tech tree is added I will expect these tanks to immediately be made multinational.)
  •  Canadian emblems for Ram II. I tried googling it and in most images I found Canadian tanks either had no emblem (or just the unit emblem) or an American star. However, I did find several images that had something similar to the British emblem, except it was red-white-red. I'd like for Ram II to use this emblem instead of the American star.
  •  Make FCM 36 Pak 40 and 105 LeFH18B2 multinational. I understand the reasoning for adding them to the French tree, but by all rights they should be in the German one. I'm sure this will happen at some point, but I'd like for it to happen sooner rather than later.
  •  Make tanks that have a unique appearance for which there is a normal version also (still premium though) become a single tank and turn the unique appearance into a skin that can be put on and taken off in the customization menu, just like the 3D skins. I want to see this for Rheinmetal Skorpion G, leKpz M 41 90 mm GF, VK 168.01 Mauerbrecher, Primo Victoria, AMX 13 57 GF, AMX M4 mle. 49 Liberté, Type 59 G, WZ-111 Alpine Tiger, T26E5 Patriot, T34 B, Chrysler K GF, STG Guard, Object 252U Guard and there are perhaps others. You could perhaps make this change and reimburse those who had both with gold or you could make it an option available to those who have both. I don't own all the ones I listed, but those I do own I bought because I wanted the tank. I didn't actually want the special appearance they had. So when normal appearances for leKpz M 41 90 mm, Rheinmetal Skorpion and VK 168.01 (P) were released I bought them and I will probably do the same if Strv 81 is released, but I wish they were the same tank. I feel that the special variants just clutter my garage, but I don't want to sell them. I would like it if the special appearances were skins that could be added or removed at will.

Edited by Nordstroem, 25 October 2019 - 02:25 PM.

azakow #2 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84701 battles
... brains and battlefield awareness for all ...

Miepie #3 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5162 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNordstroem, on 23 October 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

•  Make FCM 36 Pak 40 and 105 LeFH18B2 multinational. I understand the reasoning for adding them to the French tree, but by all rights they should be in the German one. I'm sure this will happen at some point, but I'd like for it to happen sooner rather than later.

Only if the Pz B2 becomes multinational simultaneously, for reasons of symmetry! :izmena:

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24444 battles

View PostNordstroem, on 23 October 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

How about WG just add a button into the game: The button press costs 10 euros and it kicks all the new players in the nuts with each press.

Alukat123 #5 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18191 battles

Remove EBRs from the game. 

Balance maps properly.

Balance tanks properly.

8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 82402 battles
I want Santa to bring me an Auflkärungspanzer Panther. 

The_Naa #7 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9582 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Give us the chance to buy Type 59 from the Premium shop in December. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Nordstroem #8 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

View PostMiepie, on 23 October 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Only if the Pz B2 becomes multinational simultaneously, for reasons of symmetry! :izmena:

Well, no. The Pz B2 already exists in the French tree as the B1, with the upgrades to B1 bis. "Bis" means "two", which is why the captured German variant is called "B2". The Pz B2 is version that the Germans modified, thus it rightfully belongs in the German tree as well. It's not about symmetry. The two I mentioned were modifications of captured French tanks, just like the ones in the German tree. They were just added to the French tree because when the French tree was new it needed some premium tanks. If you really want symmetry, then look to the Bretagne Panther, which is a German tank captured by the French. It rightfully belongs in the French tree.

View Postazakow, on 23 October 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

... brains and battlefield awareness for all ...

View PostTankkiPoju, on 23 October 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

How about WG just add a button into the game: The button press costs 10 euros and it kicks all the new players in the nuts with each press.

View PostAlukat123, on 23 October 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Remove EBRs from the game. 

Balance maps properly.

Balance tanks properly.

You guys are not taking this thread seriously.

Edited by Nordstroem, 23 October 2019 - 12:59 PM.

Falathi #9 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:58 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 20340 battles

Hey, 

there`s nothing wrong in creating a wishlist. Just remember guys, wishlist is not the same as confirmed stuff, sure to arrive ;) 

Right now I can just say that we`re working on something... can`t say more. 

PS

Block Quote

I want Santa to bring me an Auflkärungspanzer Panther. 

This is on my wishlist as well... but it`s just a wishlist. 

The_Naa #10 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9582 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostFalathi, on 23 October 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hey, 

there`s nothing wrong in creating a wishlist. Just remember guys, wishlist is not the same as confirmed stuff, sure to arrive ;) 

Gruff_ #11 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23857 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

A shipping container full of functioning W keys to enable all the players who are either:

A) Still sat on spawn 1 or 2 minutes into the game

B) Have left spawn but then travelled less than 50m to their favourite camp in base spot...

undutchable80 #12 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13101 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
All maps to be covered in snow, with actual weather mechanics (which influence VR etc); sunny & clear, mild snowfall, heavy snowfall, blizzard.

Nordstroem #13 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

View Postundutchable80, on 23 October 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

All maps to be covered in snow, with actual weather mechanics (which influence VR etc); sunny & clear, mild snowfall, heavy snowfall, blizzard.

I like that one. I think it's weird that two maps get identical winter versions. Giving all non-desert maps varying weather and time of year/day would be cool, but perhaps a very very distant thing.

View PostGruff_, on 23 October 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

A shipping container full of functioning W keys to enable all the players who are either:

A) Still sat on spawn 1 or 2 minutes into the game

B) Have left spawn but then travelled less than 50m to their favourite camp in base spot...

You're not taking this seriously.

Negativvv #14 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14884 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
All I ask for is an authentic German Panther and there NOT to be an OP tank in the lootboxes...

Miepie #15 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5162 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNordstroem, on 23 October 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

"Bis" means "two"

It is nice to see that the psalms of Saint Dora the Explorer are still being sung in this day and age. :sceptic:

mpf1959 #16 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31399 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Ok, I wish that if there are any tank-specific skins in the christmas boxes this year, that they are able to be sold, or swapped for a usable camo.

I still have 3 skins which were the main value item in 3 boxes laying about since last year.

I don't have, nor even want, the tanks they're made for, and they cannot be sold, so a completely useless purchase.

Nordstroem #17 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3578 battles
  • [SV3] SV3

View PostMiepie, on 23 October 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

It is nice to see that the psalms of Saint Dora the Explorer are still being sung in this day and age. :sceptic:

Okay okay. It means "twice" or "second version" or something like that. I was just pointing out that the tank already exists in the French tree.

etody77 #18 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77574 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

Whislist...

Sd.Kfz.234 Puma

Cobra6 #19 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Aufklarungs Panther is the only thing they need to release for Christmas.

Cobra 6

ziratulbihac #20 Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4263 battles

View PostFalathi, on 23 October 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

Hey, 

PS

This is on my wishlist as well... but it`s just a wishlist. 

You are the only guy from WG staff who talk with us... others do not care thank you. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users